[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will Sun and Moon retcon megas?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

File: 1443499105963 - Copy.jpg (111KB, 736x952px) Image search: [Google]
1443499105963 - Copy.jpg
111KB, 736x952px
Should they?
>>
>>25710503
no

no
>>
File: 1446965595251.png (227KB, 760x750px) Image search: [Google]
1446965595251.png
227KB, 760x750px
>>25710511
O-okay
>>
>>25710503
The only thing they should retcon about it are the flipping stones, before the entire planet gets covered in them.
>>
>>25710538
Bananetric
>>
>>25710503

Obviously fucking not, and why the hell would they?

>>25710539

That would only work if they make it so that a Pokemon holding an item can't Mega Evolve.
>>
I like some of the designs, and the changed the meta drastically, but I don't really have much of an opinion on megas. They're alright I guess.
>>
>>25710538
I really, really, really like this mega.
>>
File: 1448518876487.png (4MB, 1867x1853px) Image search: [Google]
1448518876487.png
4MB, 1867x1853px
>>25710555
pls
>>
>>25710570
You can save it if you want, ;^)
>>
>>25710503
Megas are now a core mechanic of the series, like cross-gen evolutions, natures or the physical/special split.

The only thing they're going to change is how commonly mega-evolution is used by other trainers. With XY, only five trainers used mega evolutions (Calem, Serena, Korrina, Lysandre and Diantha). With ORAS, there were 11 (Brendan, May, Wally, Zinnia, Archie, Maxie, Sidney, Phoebe, Glacia, Drake and Steven). I wouldn't be surprised if Sun/Moon had gym leader rematches where they all had mega-evolutions.
>>
>>25710571
THANK YOU DRAGON OF GAINS
>>
>>25710555
that's already the case? why would that have to be implemented at ALL? if the mega stones were made into a new type of mechanic instead of held items, then why would held items be at all effected? you could hold them, and then mega evolve. where is your fucking logic
>>
>>25710571
>>
>>25710503
No and no. Megas are an excellent way to expand upon old pokemon without cluttering the pokedex with unnecessary evolutions as well as not devaluing the original final evolution.
>>
>>25710657
You idiot people DON'T want a pokemon to evolve with an item because it breaks the game. Did you learn nothing from mega Ray?
The whole reason the actual stones exist is to stop the player from putting items on it other than the stone.
>>
>>25710657
How can you be this fucking retarded? You seriously don't understand that megastones are there because they already give the pokemon a huge boost with the mega-evolution. Why the fuck would you allow it to hold an item on top of that? What the fuck is wrong with you.
>>
They won't retcon them.
I'd like them to do it since I really dislike the idea and the designs, but I seriously doubt that they would do it.
>>
>>25711285
What do you dislike about the idea exactly? Is it just a grumpy old man whine type of thing like "We didn't have that back in my day. It sucks."?

And the designs vary from great to mediocre or just bad. For one thing, I love what they did with Mega-Gardevoir and her shiny. But then you also have underwhelming ones like Garchomp, which is less than I expected. Or just outright terrible ones, like either of Mewtwo's.
>>
>>25711364
>Is it just a grumpy old man whine type of thing like "We didn't have that back in my day. It sucks."?
It always is.
>>
>>25710571
>>
>>25710539
>Sun/Moon protag is pouring himself a bowl of cereal
>oh hey look a Lunatonite
>walks to school, trips over a Dunsparcite
>takes a shit, it's a Garbodorite
>>
>>25710571
>>
>>25710503

Do you really want the next following pokemon fiasco?

>For the next two gens we'll hear how shitty GF is for removing features in Megas after Gen VI
>>
>>25711395
>someone's different opinion is always whining
>>
>>25710503
No.
>>
>>25710571
>Thank you, Dragon of Gains.
Hopefully, my ankle will heal up quickly, and I'll be able to get back on the squat rack soon.
>>
I don't want GF to retcon them. I want GF to balance them. Megas can't be balanced like "main" Pokemon, where some are route 1 shitmons and others are banned legendaries.
>>
>>25713308
they could just call it a 'mega stone' and have any pokemon holding it capable of mega evolving do so, then just sprinkle a bunch around the map like repels and ethers.

Although that ditracts from the whole "Important NPCs give you their aces megastone" thing, but eh
>>
>>25711364

Not him, but I feel like it trivializes a lot of Pokemon that don't have them, and makes others that do too strong. Some Pokemon like Mawile could have used a regular evolution instead but now will most likely never get one. The designs themselves are hit and miss, but mostly miss. I also think the specific stones to evolve individual Pokemon is kind of dumb... eventually there will be way too many stones for the same purpose if they don't drop that concept.
>>
>>25711364
it's basically going to kill off the chance that gamefreak will ever make tradition cross generation evolutions for pokemon that really need them. They can just lazily crank out a mega where they could've given a pokemon a well deserved evoltuion.

and imo they all look pretty ugly
>>
>>25716827
>Some Pokemon like Mawile could have used a regular evolution instead but now will most likely never get one.
That, I agree with. But for pokemon with 2 evolutions already or even with just 1 that are iconic and well liked, I feel like a mega is ideal.
>I also think the specific stones to evolve individual Pokemon is kind of dumb... eventually there will be way too many stones for the same purpose if they don't drop that concept.
I firmly believe they're necessary in order to have some kind of balance, but I see your point. I would think eventually they'd just make a key item to contain all of them as to not clutter your inventory.

>>25717045
See my first point above. I just think that a mega is a great way of expanding on a pokemon without taking the original's charm away with an evolution. I agree that some could have used an evo instead of a mega right away though.

The design point is pretty subjective so no point in discussing that.

Overall I think megas are a great concept, I just think their implementation and distribution needs some better work.
>>
The reason pokemon like sableye and mawile got a mega is because if they had a regular eve they could use eviolite and be even more broken so u can blame shitty genV for shitty megas
>>
>>25710503
I sure hope so, man. Megas are just another avenue for GameFreak power-creep.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.