[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you think of these Gen 5 Pokemon Day 17-Seismitoad line

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: JqKH6.jpg (124KB, 500x525px) Image search: [Google]
JqKH6.jpg
124KB, 500x525px
Yesterday was the muscle bound construction working carnie warlords Conkeldurr line, today will be about the wart frogs, and the 5th Water/Ground type, Tympole, Palpitoad, and Seismitoad.
My thoughts: I think these guys are a decent addition to the water/ground family. I used them for a while in my original White run...until I replaced them with Carracosta. But that was mostly to the latter being more cool in my eyes.
Design wise, these frogs...Don't offend me too bad? Yeah. I wish Seismitoad was leaner though, if that could improve the design.
>>
Gastrodon set the bar too high with Recover. Seismitoed already belongs to the underclass of water types, and not having any particular niche as a water/ground kills it. Swift swim? Hello mega swampert. Running bulk? Just use gastrodon. It has recover.

There's a slew of moves seismitoed ought to learn. Hex, Boomburst, Sucker Punch, Perish Song.
>>
I like how they managed to combine both vocal sacs and warts into the bumps covering the toad's bodies.
Design wise, I like how seismitoad's red eyes and hunched stance give it a decrepit, miserable look. I also find it interesting that seismitoad is poisonous despite not being a poison type. Tympole and palpitoad are also pretty okay.
>>
First two stages are a joke and a mess, especially the first one's expression, the warts on the last one are kinda gross but it's ok overall
>>
>>25709118
Why is toad Water type? Toads don't live in water, they are completely land creatures. Seismitoad should have been Poison/Ground or something.
>>
>>25709267
Seismitoad should be a toed instead of a toad, like politoed.
>>
>>25709118
>>25709205
Seismitoad does have a niche over Gastrodon, in that it can get Stealth Rock and Knock Off.

Its moveset breadth of Scald, Stealth Rock, Knock Off, Earth Power, Refresh, and Rest makes it a good setter and whittler and a good volt-turn breaker. With the last 2 moves, it can completely invalidate Rotom-W.
>>
>>25709324
Politoed is named politoed because the rest of its line is flat footed, while Politoed has fully developed feet with webbing and you guessed it, toes. He's many-toed, hence Politoed.
>>
>>25709118
Congratulations, they're shit
>>
>>25709376
>Swift swim? Hello mega swampert.
Swampert eats up a mega slot though. You can run Seismitoad + a mega that benefits under the rain
>>
>>25709118
I love Seismitoad's 3D model, won me over on the design
I've never actually used one in game, though, because of how redundant its typing was with older gens, but I've had some fun with it on showdown

still, it could've been more unique, the poison theme is cool, but sludge bomb gastrodon was already something I used in my gen 4 playthrough, so I wasn't too keen on it
>>
Seismitoad is one of my favorite 5th gen mons. I loved it's design since the first time I saw it and new I wanted to try it out. I used it on my first Black playthrough on release day but unfortunately I also started with Oshawott. Compared it Samurott, Seismitoad felt a little lacking. I kept it on my team though because I love it. I also like the scene in the BW anime where the guy nicknamed 'rain man' uses a Swift swim Seismitoad under rain. It sucks that Seismitoad lost

inb4 >watching the ashnime
I tried to watch a couple episodes because I hadn't seen the show since the Kanto days for lack of cable television. That scene was just one of the few I wached
>>
>>25709118
i like this line a lot, especially palpitoad because it has a cool sprite in gen 5, but i also love seismatoad and his warts and red eyes. just stepping foot too close to one will probably net you some nasty airborne disease. i love how imo this line is from some exotic swampy spoopy jungle. and tympole is just cute but also weird; i like that it's basically a face with a fish tail.
>>
File: FgRNLKN.jpg (733KB, 1850x3289px) Image search: [Google]
FgRNLKN.jpg
733KB, 1850x3289px
>>25709118
Tympole made me drop the line entirely through a run White. I, instead, opted for the Frillish line to fill the water spot.

However, when I played through Black I wanted to use pokemon I hadn't used in White so I caught and raised a Tympole. It evolved into Palpitoad and I started to get attached to it. It looked a bit goofy but it filled both my water and ground spot at that point. When it evolved again I knew I couldn't get rid of it.

I like the middle and final stage designs a lot and it has great abilities. If it gets a mega I hope it doesn't look dumb.

This thing is one of my favorite Gen V pokemon.

if we get another frog/toad pokemon in Gen VII I could make an all toad/frog team.
>>
>>25709118
Tympole's face is endearing.

Palpitoad is the cutest.

Seismitoad is just okay.
>>
I love how Palpitoad's sprite bounces and smiles while in battle in Pokemon White. Very cute
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.