[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pokemon Nicknames

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 6

File: images.png (1KB, 160x144px) Image search: [Google]
images.png
1KB, 160x144px
Do you nickname your Pokemon, vp? If so, do you just nickname your main team members, or your HM slaves and box fodder as well?

What are some notable names you've had?

What kind of names do you prefer? Ones with meaning? Ones that just sound good? Dumb shit? Funny shit?
>>
>>25708658
I nickname all of my pokemons after food. HM slaves, mains and the unborn eggs. I joke that if worst came to worst then I would have to eat them. Some steel pokemons I name after eating utensils.
I have to expand my culinary expertise every new generation to come up with new names, sometimes I have to stop playing and google dishes before I can name a pokemon.
>>
There's no real trend. Sometimes I name them after food, sometimes dead people, sometimes I go with puns. On rare occasions I will go for a fandom reference.

I have a Wash Rotom named Dousing MCHN.
>>
>>25708712
>Dousing MCHN

That's p clever actually
>>
>>25708658
Avalugg named Antitanic
>>
Alakazam => Ginosaji
>>
I tend to nickname the Pokemon I competitively raise. Some names are references to pop culture, others a joke or some are just names of people I know who remind me of the Pokemon.
>>
I nicknamed my delphox "yiff wizard".
>>
Remind me
Why do we need a Name Rater to change Nicknames?
I mean, it feels like something you should be able to do with a simple menu in the pc
>>
I name them depending on their appearance and origins, sometimes references to other things, like my Groudon, who is nicknamed Jack.
>>
File: unnamed.png (33KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.png
33KB, 250x250px
Named my Gallade GaGallade and my Magnezone Magnemagnet.
>>
>>25708712
That's pretty fucking Amazon actually
>>
I sometimes nickname Pokémon. My daughter does all the time though. I tell this story once in a while in nickname threads, about how she naming my Onix "Staircase" after seeing the SS Anne episode, and Turtwig "Pear." She's playing her own X Version, and she's just learning to spell in school. Her nicknames right now are mostly words she can spell, like a Spewpa named "Bug," her Froakie ("Mr Hop"), and her Furfrou ("Black Dog"). Sometimes she gets bored of coming up with names, or frustrated she can't spell what she's thinking (she's too stubborn to ask for help), so a couple mons like her Beedrill have names that are just random letters.
>>
I have a Infernape named Chimp, Emboar named Bacon, Chesnaught name Chavallier, and a Sceptile named Sticks.
>>
>>25710713
I named mine "Gandelph"
>>
>>25708658
I like to pick normal names, they're super cute
>Eugene the Staraptor
>Lilith the Leavanny
>Claudius the Emolga
It's also the least I can do for my HM slaves
>>
>>25710864
>her Froakie ("Mr Hop")
MY HEART
>>25710984
fantastic name
>>
I name all my pokemon. All of them
>>
>>25708658
Omelette the softboiled para-flinching Togekiss.

It is as disgusting as it sounds and cute at the same time.
>>
I like to put megaten names or stand names in my pokemon.

My female Azumarill is named "Mem Aleph" and my Scizor "KingCrimson".
>>
Every time I try to nickname Pokemon I usually just sit there for 20 minutes trying to think of something that doesn't sound retarded.

Then I name them something retarded because I'm uncreative.
>>
>>25708658
I gave my Tepig the nickname Bacon Bits.
>>
>>25708658
I just name them after regular human names. Jerry, Harold, Bob, Alison, etc.

Sometimes I'll give a pokemon a foreign name if they're particularly foreign-based.
>>
File: 2azs.jpg (10KB, 155x160px) Image search: [Google]
2azs.jpg
10KB, 155x160px
>>25710864
>My daughter

Is she hot?
>>
>>25708658
I give serious names to pokemon i use
i give clever or funny names to all the rest, and I name all of them

serious names have some connection the pokemon:

typhlosion: krakatoa
crobat: nightwing (batmans sidekick)
ampharos: blacklight (an actual thing, but also "light house" and "black sheep")
espeon: aurentir (lotr god of light or something)
rhydon: gigantor (giant rocky peak, basically; it also sounds like a 50's kaiju monster)
kangaskhan: sardaukar (the super soldiers from dune)
jolteon: tachyon (faster-than-light particle)
nidoking: hyperion (greek titan; has become popular in recent years)
poliwrath: jeetkoon (jeet kun do; bruce lee's style)
rapidash: charlie (charlie the unicorn; also my real name)
scyther: tempest (storm)
electabuzz: xerxes (just fits)
tauros: auroch (extinct giant cows)
aerodactyl: seraph (different name for archangels)
dustox: nocturne (musical piece with a night theme)
gen 5 fire pig: brazen (like gilded, but for bronze; it also means "reckless" or "headstrong")
ghost jellyfish: jolly roger (jolly roger's bay was a level in mario 64 with a sunken ship)
crookadile: rogue
and so on

with others, I have like:

wooper axelahar (axolotl is what they are, lahar is a mud flow)
murkrow edgar
pidgey paloma
caterpie mothra
weedle beezelbub
mankey norris
geodude balboa
shiny geodude nugget
zubat alfred
spearow haast
unkown dictum
rattatta shredder
shiny ekans swagrattlr
>>
I didn't do it at first, and was furious that traded mons like DUX had to be stuck with the names. I didn't have any special reason to hate it, just some weird autistic sense that pokemon should have the names they were given as a species.

But now I try to nickname every pokemon I plan to use for extended periods, they just feel more personal that way.

And im still furious that I can't change nicknames... especially if it's one of my own pokemon from a previous generation.
>>
I don't really remember a lot of the names but i usually make an effort to name most of my pokes. The only ones I remember off the top of my head are Bun-Li for Lopunny and Mako for Sharpedo
>>
File: tumblr_mzwxthhxiS1s2i16to1_250.png (53KB, 250x236px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mzwxthhxiS1s2i16to1_250.png
53KB, 250x236px
When I bred my friend a Shiny Ampharos for his birthday I named it Lamb of God
>>
File: magneton_by_puzzl3d_z3r0_0n3.jpg (137KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
magneton_by_puzzl3d_z3r0_0n3.jpg
137KB, 1024x768px
>>25708658
If I'm doing nicknames on a run (I go in & out of doing it) I have to nickname everything I catch - even when I'm trying to catch 'em all

They're generally something relevant to the 'mon that sounds decent too - I'll often shorten or bastardise the word if necessary to make it sound like a name rather than just a pretentious word. If I can make a pun out of it or do some wordplay I will

My all-time favourite is calling my Magnemite line members 'Lawrence' (as in 'Lorentz force'). Unfortunately they've never made it to the end of a Nuzlocke
>>
>>25708658
I don't remember ever nicknaming a pokemon.

In fact I don't play under my own name either, and pick whatever is the official character name (Red, Gold, May, ...you get the idea).
>>
>>25710864
Mr Hop is quite possibly the best nick in the thread
>>
Currently playing through Pokemon Gold again.
Named my Sudowoodo Pickles.

He's a champ.
>>
I usually name it after an attribute its real life counterpart has, then add "yo!". I nickname my froakies Croaky yo! and my charmanders Roar yo!. But if it is somehow related to a meme, I name it that meme. One time I tried to catch a whole shiny meme team, I only got two (mountain dew the bagon, and ayy lmao the elgyem).
>>
>>25708658
I named my pokemons after game characters, fabrics, Greek mythology and whatever I have in mind.
>>
>>25711219
nice
>>
>>25711219
nice
>>
>>25716929
>>25718628
I'll name you Kingsamefag
>>
I name all my pokemon after now defunct malls and anti-depession medication.
>>
DICKS is definatly the most original nickname which is perfect for every pokemon, including your rival.
>>
>>25708658
The most I do is name my first regional bird aerosmith
My favorite pokemon was probably a pancham someone from here breed for me named chocolate.
>>
Generally I try to name my mons according to some theme, like Godzilla monsters or characters from Dark Souls or something.

There are exceptions, like every time I get a Numel it's named Felicia.
>>
Never name legendaries

Sometimes agonize on what I name my pokemon because I don't like to change later.
>>
>>25710864
>Mr Hop
That's sickeningly adorable
>>
>>25718635
nice
>>
>>25710864
DELETE THIS
>>
>>25708658

Tyranitar will always be Reptar for me.
>>
Almost never give nicknames cause I'm terrible at it. Though I always name Magikarps "Mr. Fish" and Bellsprouts "Insomniac" (because during a Blue run i accidentally replaced my bellsprout's Vine Whip with Sleep Powder and had to recatch another one). I got both red and blue vc games and i'm using red for a nuzlocke run, forcing myself to give them all nicknames. they aren't very good:
Budgie the Pidgey
Harry the Beedrill
Blubbasaur the Bulbasaur
Wiggles the Pikachu
Lamp Jr. the Ratatta (Lamp Sr. died 5 minutes after i caught it to a critical hit during training)
>>
File: HiraiTokyoMegalopolis.jpg (15KB, 309x254px) Image search: [Google]
HiraiTokyoMegalopolis.jpg
15KB, 309x254px
I've taken to calling my Abra line Hirai.

Since psychic powers are part of fortune telling, Alakazam reminds me of the onmyouji, and Yasumasa Hirai from the novel Teito Monogatari is a descendant of the famous Abe no Seimei, the greatest onmyouji in history.
>>
The only pokemon I honestly nicknamed was scraggy/scrafty. I gave him the the name Zuggs cause I liked the Japanese name better.
>>
>>25710713
Mine is Potter-kun
>>
>>25708658
Female staraptor: Staruri
>>
>>25708658
I usually name my Mons with meaningful names or puns.

Like a couple of my dog Pokemon are name after dogs that have passed. (Katie the Arcanine, Brandy the shiny Furfrou)

I do sometimes name them after fictional characters, of course. (My Noivern Yzma comes to mind. The color scheme reminds me of Yzma from Emperor's New Groove)

The stupidest nickname is probably Nacho (For Hawlucha)
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.