[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does Shedinja have a soul?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

So, we all know that a single being usually has a single mind/soul/sentience you know the deal. Ghost Pokemon have one soul, formerly human or not depending on what you believe for each Pokemon.

When Nincada evolves, it evolves into a Ninjask. The simple answer would be that that's the same Nincada and that's where the "soul" goes. But if the soul is there, how can Shedinja be its ghost?

>A discarded bug shell that came to life. Peering into the crack on its back is said to steal one's spirit.

I know pokedex is inaccurate etc but the "came to life" part implies that whatever is the animating force behind Shedinja is not the Nincada the shell came off of. However, since Shedinja has the potential to steal a spirit too, it can imply that it either doesn't have one yet, and/or that it wants the spirits.

I dunno if there are malevolent spirits in Pokemon world but if there are, maybe that's what moves Shedinja?
>>
"haha he's a Shedinja!"
"haha he's a Shedinja!"

SHEDINJAS HAVE SOULS!!!!
>>
>>25708457
Nincada have two souls. When it evolves the souls split, and each get one. Ninjask fears the emptiness it feels with one less soul, and so it runs, faster and faster. Shedinja embraces the emptiness, but still hungers for more.
>>
So immediately after it evolves, the empty husk becomes haunted. Kind of like how Honedge is a possessed sword, Shedninja is a hollowed being that has a spirit using its body as a vessel (also explains its very low 1 hp, because its health is only equal to the body, which is a dead shell).
>>
>>25708569

Bretty gud. Still needs to know what anomaly allowed Nincada, a humble digger bug, to gain two souls.

>>25708636

Yeah, HP is a physical property.
>>
In my headcanon not all of the husks come back to life, only some of them being a rare occurrence in the pokemon world.
>>
>>25708457
Gen 6.5
>>
>>25709056
Long ago, a brave little bug saved the life of a powerful god, embarking on a lonely journey. To reward the little bug, the powerful god gave it two souls, so that it would never be alone.
Every child of the bug also gained two souls, and everyone of their children.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.