[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So is it worth buying?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 10

File: images (30).jpg (34KB, 512x288px) Image search: [Google]
images (30).jpg
34KB, 512x288px
So is it worth buying?
>>
>>25702470
Only if you already own a Wii U.
>>
File: rps20160325_100446.jpg (66KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
rps20160325_100446.jpg
66KB, 1280x720px
>>25702603
>>25702636
>>25703816
>>25703832
Ok fags, got it.
>>
>>25702470
Spinoff games are always worth buying.
>>
Definitely worth.
>>
I just got this and my friend has been using my Pro-Controller and I've been using the Gamepad, in versus.
I'm playing the league mode and I can't figure out how to use the Pro-Controller. It's forcing me to use the Gamepad.
Anon got advice?
>>
>>25704450
when the game tells you to press + at the start menu, press it with the controller you want to use
>>
>>25704450
You can't.
>>
>>25704477
>>25704480
Well, this is conflicting...
>>
>>25704501
then try what >>25704477 said

if it doesn't work, oh well
>>
>>25704501
When you start the game it tells you to press + with the controller you want to use. It's right there. Don't listen to that fag who says you can't. He's wrong.
>>
>>25704477
Just tried this, start menu, then plus. Thanks anon.

>>25704480
This is wrong.

>>25704519
Just tried it, all good now.
>>
>>25702470
Definitely.

My only gripe is I wish there was a bigger selection of Pokemon, and that they gave us two Pikachits instead of Swampert or something. I surprisingly like Edgetwo now, when I really hated it wen it was revealed. I can really gripe about there being two Mewtwos. I probably wouldn't mind Pikalucha if there were more Pokemon available
>>
>>25704538
Can't really gripe*
>>
For me, no.
Roster is tiny, the reason why I'm not getting it.
We'll see in a few sequels, if it gets any at all.
>>
>>25704557
Pray for DLC
>>
I'll get it when the devs wake up and put Flareon in there

plus game looks like I'd get bored of it after playing it for a couple hours but.. Well, I said the same about Hyrule warriors and I still come back to it.

Seriously needs bigger roster.
>>
File: Godzilla_2015_game_cover_(PS4).jpg (736KB, 1525x1900px) Image search: [Google]
Godzilla_2015_game_cover_(PS4).jpg
736KB, 1525x1900px
>>25702470
>1 player
nah

I'm boycotting this "fighting games don't have local battles anymore" meme.
>>
>>25704960
Hell, it's a Naruto clone and even the Naruto games have local battles, plus way too fucking many characters to have fun with
>>
>>25704960
>>25704982
It does have local versus, retards. Did you even research?
>>
>>25704982
I never played it, but the fact Pokken doesn't have splitscreen or whatever makes me sick. Might buy in a year when it's only 10 bucks.
>>
>>25702470
It's fun.
>>
>>25705018
Yeah, but 2-player has to use the gamepad to play.

WHAT THE FUCK. WHY CAN'T NINTENDO JUST MAKE A SYSTEM WITHOUT SOME GIMMICKY AS FUCK RETARD BABBY iPAD CONTROLLER. Christ.
>>
>>25705034
I don't see how that's worse than playing on weird aspect ratios in splitscreen. I'd rather play on the gamepad than limit my visibility.
>>
>>25705188
>come on dude I don't wanna use the shitty gamepad, let me use the controller
>nah fuck you I hate using that stupid thing
>fuck this, let's play something else
>>
>>25705375
Do you even have friends to play this with, or are you just shitposting?
>>
File: 1455526454413.png (123KB, 339x189px) Image search: [Google]
1455526454413.png
123KB, 339x189px
>>25705400
>negativity = shitposting pls delete this :(
>>
>>25705375
Is there actually no way to do local versus with like two pro controllers?
>>
>>25705418
You're right. If you're so autistic that the sole existence of the Wii U pisses you off so much that you have to go to a Pokken thread to complain about how a mode doesn't exist and then complain about the controller when someone tells you that it does, then you should give this game a pass.
>>
File: yfw the bomb doesnt go off.jpg (26KB, 275x280px) Image search: [Google]
yfw the bomb doesnt go off.jpg
26KB, 275x280px
>>25705429
OP:
>So is it worth buying?

YOU are the one who's shitposting.

>>25705425
Nope. One automatically has to use the pad. UNLESS you bought a second Wii U and another tv and hooked it up in the same room because IIRC you can do a system link without having to resort to a Wifi battle?

Either way, that's cancerous trash.
>>
>>25705441
Dude, you're just here to shitpost about how much you hate the Wii U. First you say that there's no multiplayer. You're told that there is, so you cry about how you have to play on a separate screen and take the time to cry about Nintendo being gimmicky. You're told that it's an alternative to split-screen that allows you to not have to limit your view. Then you cry about how you hate the system's main controller. You're not here to talk about Pokken. You're here to talk about how much you hate the Wii U. The console wars are on /v/, buddy. Please take your shitposting there. Plus, OP already bought it.
>>
>>25705530
I was excited for Pokken, but this killed it for me. Same thing happened with the new Godzilla game and I'm just salty as fuck.
>>
>>25705530
Not her but the fact that both players can't use one screen in a fighting game is a pretty silly design decision
>>
>>25705530
>an alternative to split-screen
In that case, they still should have had splitscreen be an option as well, or else it's not an alternative, it's AYY FUCK YOU LMAO.
>>
>>25705559
The reason why it has to be played like this is because the game mechanics revolve around switching from 2D controls to free-roaming 3D and the camera follows the player from behind. So it was either this or split-screen. And considering that the system comes with a second screen by default, I don't see why they wouldn't do it like this. Field Phase would be really awkward in split screen. Horizontal would prevent you from seeing projectiles that fly in an arc or come from above and vertical would require it to be zoomed out way too much to fit both pokemon in the screen. If anything, it would be silly to do something like that when the system comes with a screen built into the main controller.
>>
>>25705636
>the system comes with a screen built into the main controller
there's the problem right there
>>
>>25705653
Again, if you're just going to shitpost about the system instead of talk about the game, take it to /v/. They love console wars there.
>>
File: buzzsawtime.gif (2MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
buzzsawtime.gif
2MB, 500x281px
>>25704906
>>25705034
Y'know, I used to share opinions very close to that of these two. I ended up getting Pokken just because of Chandelure, one of my all-time favorites, plus my girlfriend prefers to use the Gamepad in all games so I knew I'd always be using Pro anyways. I didn't expect to really get much into it, I've never played a fighting game in my life, I'm just a Pokemon fan.

BUT GOD DAMN SON, what has it been, a week now? I haven't even TRIED like half the roster yet because I haven't been able to tear myself away from smoking faggots online with Weavile, dominating the story mode with Garchomp, I'm 10/90 in Chroma league and I've only lost twice so far or trying out all of Gengar's mischievous moves, just to see the goofy shit he does. Mind you I fucking BOUGHT this game for Chandelure. I'm still dying to try her and Sceptile but mastering guys when your playstyle clicks with them just feels so RIGHT.

As for the Gamepad, well, it's necessary because of the way the game functions. I totally understand that as a complaint, I had the same one, who wants to deal with that thing? But these last few days I've found myself fighting my gf for it cuz I've played so much single player in bed at night the last two days that I've become better with the Pad than the Pro. Just one man's experience.

But to answer your question OP, yes. There is seriously a level of depth here that I'm completely taken aback by. I can quite honestly say that this is the last Pokemon game in years that has really impressed me.
>>
3DS PORT WHEN
>>
>>25705636
>split screen in a fighting game
Or they could have the camera not follow the player from behind.

>Field Phase
As normal but with the camera at a set view
>Duel Phase
The camera transitions to a horizontal view based on where each player is standing, showing off different parts off the stage background
>>
>>25705729
>3DS port of a fighting game
Wow, I've seen some stupid shit, but you really took it up a notch.
>>
>>25705758
>street fighter 3d
Man that was a mess.

As for the thread, I like Pokken but I still don't have a wii u of my own so I bummed my friend's nigh unused one and exploited gamestop for a copy. It was really fun but I see it more as a digital download title with lots of future dlc, it just didn't strike me as a totally finished product right now. Don't get me wrong the content is polished as hell, but there's just not enough of it for me.
>>
File: image.png (833KB, 1280x1832px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
833KB, 1280x1832px
Do it for her
>>
>>25705758
>What is Smash
>>
>>25705744
I don't know if maybe you haven't played the game, but it wouldn't be the same without the camera following you from behind. Field Phase can have a lot of projectiles coming from different directions and homing in on you and the arenas are pretty big. Having the camera zoom out to keep track of both players in a single screen would make it very hard to keep track of where everything is. It just wouldn't work. It would be even worse than split screen.
>>
>>25705841
I said fighting game anon, besides the 3ds version is the worst version of that game. It's legit uncomfortable poverty edition.
>>
>>25705845
It's literally the current Naruto system plus a Duel Phase. A set camera in Pokken would be fine because Pokken has less projectiles than Naruto.

Every character in the Naruto games can do projectile spam. It works just fine.
>>
considering that it being the first game in hopefully a series 16 characters is pretty good. It's even better when you notice SFV starts out with the same amount.
>>
>>25705911
It would have been cool if they had one playable mon for each of the 15 original types + Pikachu Libre or some extra mon, then adding a Dark, Steel, and Fairy mon later on
>>
>>25705944
>Dark
Weavile is playable.
>Steel
Lucario is playable, although the lack of any Steel moves in his moveset is lame.
>Fairy
Gardevoir is playable.
>>
>>25705954
I don't think you understood that post
>>
They should let you use a controller other than the gamepad itself even if the gamepad is being used as the screen. I've been playing single player using a pro controller while looking at the gamepad screen this whole time, I don't see why they couldn't let one person do that while the other person looks at the TV and plays with the controller of their choice.
>>
NO YOU SEE BLAZIKENS DICK. DONT BUY IT
>>
>>25707280
Yeah that's the one of the few things that makes no sense in this game. It's probably be fixed in the sequels hopefully. I still think its a buy if you have a Wii U.
>>
Could someone explain why local multiplayer use of the gamepad screen is such a bad thing? I honestly have absolutely zero problem with it. Me and my bud will just switch controllers sometimes.

The fighting perspective is why you both can't use the same screen like Smash, but it's much better than a split screen with odd ratios and other flaws that come with split screens.

Complaining about using a smaller screen makes you sound like normies who are strictly console gamers, and never handhelds. At the same time, the gamepad screen is much bigger than any handheld system's screen. It's not an annoyance at all to use.
>>
>>25707358
Its bad because they read it's bad on /v/ and regurgitating /v/ opinions without fact-checking is the only thing that gives them enjoyment in life.
>>
>>25707358
30 fps. If you're willing to go full autistic and become a tourneyfag, it's a big issue. But if you just want to have fun with friends, it barely matters.
>>
>>25702470
>want to watch some Pokken streams that aren't TPP
>see 2 fairly active streams running
>one dude sucks so much at the game it's painful to watch
>the other is run by a disgusting fat weeb with Braixen main
Truly a suffering
>>
>>25705729
Hopefully never if Hyrule Warriors Legends is anything to go by
>>
>>25702470
Not worth bying a Wii U for it
>>
>>25707287
I better tell my congregation about this!
>>
I'll only but it if they add at least 6 more DLC characters.
>>
>>25707794
>Not worth bying a Wii U
ftfy
>>
>>25707826
>6 DLC
Wouldn't it be better to wait for a sequel at this point? 6 characters it's a lot, it's almost half of the currently available roster. People would bitch a lot (unless it's free).
>>
>Charizard
>Edgetwo
M-muh gen 1
>Gardevoir
Waifufaggot pandering
>Braixen
Excuse to make a kawaiidesu animu slut character
>Lucario
>Weavile
Furfag pandeing
>Pikachu Libre instead of the actual wrestler pokemon
>Sceptile got in but not Swampert who's mega actually looks like it could slap shit
>random Suicune and Chandelure instead of actual fighters like Conkeldurr with it's big ass concrete pillars or Scrafty with real street fighting

Overrated game.
>>
>>25708071
Conk would be awkward to animate with those giant ass pillars.
>>
File: rosterfags.png (474KB, 1112x650px) Image search: [Google]
rosterfags.png
474KB, 1112x650px
>>25708071
>>
File: 1453795621451.jpg (347KB, 571x540px) Image search: [Google]
1453795621451.jpg
347KB, 571x540px
>>25708166
>he made and epic meme image just to protect his shit game
Thread posts: 68
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.