[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is the manga worth reading? what's it like?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

File: pokemon.jpg (30KB, 230x323px) Image search: [Google]
pokemon.jpg
30KB, 230x323px
is the manga worth reading? what's it like?
>>
Anyone in this thread that uses the word "edgeventures" should kill themselves.

That being said, it's a great manga. It's definitely PG rated, but not remotely edgy at all.
>>
>>25701619
is the story good? what about the characters?
>>
>>25701572
Yes.
>>
>>25701572
God I seriously hate Red's face.
>>
>>25701572
Yes
>>
>>25701646
Better than the anime as it's pretty much fillerless, and doesn't have the same old "team rocket blasting off again" predictability. The characters are great, especially since they change them up alot like the games do every generation.
>>
>>25701646
Yes to both

>>25701572
It's the best pokemon narrative.

It's a kids manga that takes the lore of the games(with few exceptions that autists and people who dont know other franchise, like pokemon fans, tend to exagerate) to make a plot that often differs from the game norm.
For example, only three of the 14 arcs involve a quest to get all medals, and only 1 of those is about getting the medals to win the league. The Gym Leaders do appear though, but appear involved in the plot(in a bigger or smaller role).

The MCs change each generation based on the MCs of each game(and two original characters), although remakes are treated as sequels here.
>>
I only read a few volumes from Emerald but I found them very nice. The battling is actually sort of faithful to the games (they have a whole "commands can be given stealthily and pokemon can be switched out stealthily) thing going on for that. Don't be turned off by the corny "Adventures" title (or the asinine "Special" title which is fucking retarded for a serial, great job japs).
>>
>>25701646
It varies heavily from part to part, but that's to be expected from a manga that's been running nearly two decades. Overall, there's more good than bad. Every Pokemon fan should read it at some point.
>>
No, the world-building, characters, story, art, etc.
Literally everything is shit. Even more inconsistent than the anime.
>>
>>25701572
It's worth and very fun.

It's divided in parts, with differents MCs (the Game's MC's and rivals, except Yellow and Emerald, who are OCs)

Some parts are better than others, but you should read them and judge by yourself
>>
File: 19.png (16KB, 144x82px) Image search: [Google]
19.png
16KB, 144x82px
>>25701572
I've only read up to the end of Yellow, and what I read was flawed but enjoyable. The action is nice, the characters are somewhat cliché but enjoyable if you don't mind seeing archetypes you've seen before, and I think it's overall a really nice interpretation of Pokémon in its world and characters. Definitely better than the anime, I think it's worth looking at.
>>
What's the best pokespe antagonist and why it is Cyrus?

Giovanni is close tho
>>
>>25701572
>the manga
>implying there's only one manga series
Spare yourself.
>>
There are two general ways main characters use pokemon: Using Pokemon in battles between good and evil and training Pokemon as a sport. Special inverts the ration and the skews it towards the former even harder. If like Pokemon for the latter like I do it can get pretty irritating. I only read the first arch but from what I read the characters are pretty cookie cutter and didn't leave much of an impression on me. Also levels are canon.
>>
I had a signed copy of one of these by Meowth's voice actor and lost it like a dipshit.
>>
File: 1458773773777.jpg (73KB, 726x879px) Image search: [Google]
1458773773777.jpg
73KB, 726x879px
>>25701572
Read the first volume and loved it. Tickles muh nostalgia shit good.
>>
Where can I read this?
>>
>>25701619
>implying it isn't edgy
it's unfortunately still enjoyable, even if it's one hell of a trainwreck in the most recent chapters
>>
>>25703944
try batoto or kissmanga
>>
>>25701572
It's unimaginably stupid with cliche characters all over the place.
Still enjoyable though. yellow a qt
>>
Read the one with the vulgar Clefairy.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.