[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pokemon Bank

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 7

File: Pokemon-Bank.jpg (69KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
Pokemon-Bank.jpg
69KB, 640x360px
So my plan was to grab a used Alpha Sapphire from Gamestop, get the Celibi and Regi trio, deposit them all in the Pokemon bank, then give the game back to Gamestop and get my money back.
Then, when Sun comes out, I'll get that and transfer my mons onto it.

I've put the mons in the bank, but I've noticed I can't access the bank at all without alpha sapphire in the 3DS.
Is this going to be a problem? Will I be able to access my mons when Sun comes out? Or do I need to hold on to sapphire?
>>
>>25696978
>just getting Celebi & Regis
>expecting any money for a year old game from Gamestop
>not getting a full years worth of legendaries and just keeping the game and playing it

sounds like a waste of money
>>
You just need to make sure that your account doesn't run out before Sun and Moon are out, which shouldn't be a problem if you did this recently. I don't know how Sun and Moon will work with bank but I'd assume you'd just be able to get the Celebi and Regis straight from it onto S/M.
>>
Pokemon bank doesn't work as advertised.
If you sell back that sapphire cartridge, you will lose your mons.
>>
>>25696978
You just need to have a Pokemon game that can interact with the bank in order to access it at all.
You should be fine.
If you have trouble accessing it with a different game (like I did) you can call customer support and they can sort it out for you.
>>
Is it too late to get celibi?
>>
File: BI.gif (52KB, 415x200px) Image search: [Google]
BI.gif
52KB, 415x200px
...BI........BI........BI......
>>
>>25697022
now or never
>>
File: bibibibibi.gif (1011KB, 500x200px) Image search: [Google]
bibibibibi.gif
1011KB, 500x200px
>>25697061
BIBIBIBIBIBIBIBIBI!
>>
File: mist.gif (680KB, 500x268px) Image search: [Google]
mist.gif
680KB, 500x268px
He's gonna Celi her Bi
>>
>>25697085
Why does misty dress like that?
>>
>>25697003
I will set up FBI later and just pirate the game.
But for now I need to do it this way.
>>
Pokemon bank isn't just some universal online box.

You still need to keep the game you deposited from.
>>
File: 1373432278662.jpg (36KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1373432278662.jpg
36KB, 640x360px
>return policy from Gamestop
>>
>>25697140
I think you just need a game, not the same game.
>>
>>25697190
If it's under a week you can return anything
>>
>>25697190
If you buy a used game you can return it within 7 days for a full refund. I thought everyone did it, I've been riding the gravy train of new releases for years with the same 55 dollars
>>
>>25697254
>>25697250

It's a very exploitable system.
I try to gravitate between different gamestopes, but I'm pretty sure even if I used the same one they couldn't stop me.
>>
>>25697140
But it is.
You can use multiple games for the same box and transfer Pokemon between them. Otherwise, what would the point be?
>>
>>25697140
>Pokemon bank isn't just some universal online box.
That's literally what it is. Obviously whether it'll work with both with this and the next gen simultaneously and how it would work is unknown. It'll surely work with the next gen and you can access it 100% through any game compatible with it.
>>
File: 1422384986467.png (19KB, 571x448px) Image search: [Google]
1422384986467.png
19KB, 571x448px
I literally found a copy of omega ruby outside in the snow that has a save file filled with mostly rares and shiny rares. Several Mews and Mewtwos, shiny Yveltal and Umbreon etc. 700-something seen in the Pokedex. Some Pokemons have japanese names on them and were caught in different regions. The guys playtime is 57 hours. Can someone please logically explain to me what the fuck this guy has done?

I've placed most on them in the Pokemon Bank now.
>>
>>25697362
:^) probably
>>
>>25697362
>700 seen
That was either their dump game for GTS trading, or injected.
>>
>>25697140
This poster is incorrect. I use Bank to transfer 'Mon's from game to game all the time.
>>
>>25697431
is that a caricature of a jew or what do you mean?
>>
>>25697003

They have a 7 day return policy. All used games can be turned back in within 7 days for your full money back.

I use Gamestop as a best buy now.
>>
>>25697647

>Best buy

Holy crap meant block buster.
>>
File: 1433275939827.png (223KB, 400x480px) Image search: [Google]
1433275939827.png
223KB, 400x480px
>using Pokébank
>he updated past 9.2
>he didn't downgrade
>>
You can deposit the Pokemon into the bank but you need A game to retrieve it. That's what I did to complete my national pokedex.
>>
>>25697286
Knew a kid in HS 5 years ago that did this. Lucky us within 5 miles there's 3 Gamestopz
>>
>>25696978
Poke-bank should be free. If the last generations could transfer for free, why can't this one?
>>
>>25700571
Cuz its for the future generations.

And its only 5 dollars/year to get boxes up to 3000 porkymons.
>>
>>25700571
>Pokémon Box: R&S - Not free
>My Pokémon Ranch - Not free
>>
>>25700571
because without a subscription base, there's no inherent need for them to keep updating the system to cross generations of games indefinitely and there's going to be at least some investor shitters asking to shitcan the free service because it's losing money/a waste of resources.

By charging a small amount they guarantee that since there's a revenue stream, they can keep upgrading and maintaining the service and tell anyone who wants it shut down or removed to fuck off.
>>
>>25700571
Since when is another handheld free? Sure, you borrowed off your mate, but that just means your friend subsidized the cost for you.
Only 3 -> 4 transfers were actually free and even then, only for OG DS and DS lite owners.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.