[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pokemon GO

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 12

Where were you when the Hype Train died?
>>
Sitting at school seeing this shit l. It's free I'm gonna download but won't pay 1 dime for anything
>>
The video is refusing to load for me. Is it really that bad?
>>
>Yes, there will be battles. Players will be encouraged to join one of three teams in order to compete over the ownership and prestige of Gyms. They will do this by placing their captured Pokémon in a friendly Gym or by battling with an opponent’s Pokémon in another team’s Gym. Gyms - just like PokéStops - are also found at real world locations.

>There are other ways to add Pokémon to your roster, too. If you catch the same species of Pokémon enough times, you'll get the opportunity to evolve one of them. And as you explore, you may find Pokémon Eggs at PokéStops, which will hatch after you've walked a certain distance. When they hatch, you may find Pokémon you've never seen before!

>At a certain point in the game, you'll be asked to join one of three teams. Once you join a team, you'll gain the ability to assign Pokémon you've caught to empty Gym locations or to a location where a team member has placed one of his or her Pokémon. Like PokéStops, Gyms can be found at real locations in the world. Each player can place only one Pokémon at a particular Gym, so you're encouraged to work with others on the team to build up a strong defense.

>A portable device called the Pokémon GO Plus will enable Pokémon GO players to enjoy the game even while they’re not looking at their smartphones. The device connects to a smartphone via Bluetooth and notifies the player about events in the game—such as the appearance of a Pokémon nearby—using an LED and vibration. In addition, players can catch Pokémon or perform other simple actions by pressing the button on the device. Pokémon GO Plus will be available soon.
>>
>catch Pokemon by pressing a button
damn

really hope battles aren't going to be like this
>>
>>25695774
So are gyms going to be operated by NPCs or something?
>>
File: O fuck.jpg (41KB, 500x258px) Image search: [Google]
O fuck.jpg
41KB, 500x258px
>>25695774
>If you catch pokemon of the same species enough times, only then will you be able to evolve one
>>
>>25695741
What video?
>>
>>25695936
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHgCmnVvfTI I think
>>
File: 1458831370003.jpg (233KB, 1081x1921px) Image search: [Google]
1458831370003.jpg
233KB, 1081x1921px
What's the bottomst right pokemon here?
>>
I was never hyped to begin with.
Might have some new music. But then again the music was already rather weak in gen 6.

Why would I be hype for a smartphone game?
>>
>>25695658

>Thinking that it was going to be anything but Ingress with a Pokémon skin
>>
>>25696036
Goldeen?
>>
I never had hype for it because it only has gen 1 Pokemon.
>>
>>25696036

character design looks awful
>>
eggs are nice
>>
>>25695658
Hype died the day it was announced.
>>
>>25695658
Was there ever a hype train in the first place? No-one besides eight year olds and nostalgiafags will play this
>>
File: pokedon.jpg (109KB, 700x467px) Image search: [Google]
pokedon.jpg
109KB, 700x467px
>Your favorite pokemon is north korea / ISIS exclusive.
What to do?
>>
I only see Gen I mons in the pre-release shots. So is GO confirmed as a shit game?
>>
File: serebiiconfirms.png (173KB, 500x417px) Image search: [Google]
serebiiconfirms.png
173KB, 500x417px
>>25696395
You had any doubt about that?
>>
>>25696394
"Go" to war.
I don't have any Carlos pics on this computer.
>>
>>25696021
This is exactly what i've been expecting so far. Why is this thread sperging again? It's not totally revolutionary but still looks fun.
>>
>>25696442
It's pronounced "Ge-O", because it's in line with Sun and Moon.
>>
>>25695839
I'm starting an unofficial gym in my area. You wanna sand badge, you talk to me.
>>
>>25696481
And talking is all, because you can't battle other trainers directly.
>>
File: 1384229248579.png (75KB, 500x285px) Image search: [Google]
1384229248579.png
75KB, 500x285px
>>25695658
>mobile game

Was there ever a hype train?
>>
I'm pretty sure that the only people who were hyped for Pokemon GO were casual fans that only played the first games and watched the anime.
>>
>>25696541
Normalfags hyped that shit up.
>>
>>25696580
So what got announced to turn normalfags away? Does the game have Pokémon past the first 151 to rip away their nostalgia?
>>
>>25696588
Nah, I'm pretty sure normalfags are still hyped. OP was just a retard who got hyped over this game.
>>
>>25696612
There was lots of potential (I really enjoyed Ingress) but since they just reskin Ingress, I lost interest.

t. OP
>>
When the gameplay was worse than anyone thought it would be. All they had to do was make it like the main games just have the Pokemon appear in the real world, but they wanted to fuck up the way you catch and I'm sure the way you battle and level the Pokemon. Overall bad job executing a potentially awesome thing.
>>
>>25696541
Alot of phones are more powerful than a DS.
>>
Sad day.
>>
It's shit. I hope the japanese beta flop so they need to go back to the planning board and work on it all over again.
>>
File: h.jpg (57KB, 448x280px) Image search: [Google]
h.jpg
57KB, 448x280px
>mobile meaning guaranteed macrotransaction platform ultra-casual wait or pay bar progression simulator kusoge
>ever hype in the first place
seriously? the only thing I hope is that this garbage doesn't fuck up the actual games
>>
>>25697216
>new game fucking up old games
grew up
>>
File: nexus2cee_PokemonGO2-728x573.jpg (143KB, 728x573px) Image search: [Google]
nexus2cee_PokemonGO2-728x573.jpg
143KB, 728x573px
looks like shit
>>
Meh .. I think it could have been cool - if it had featured battles not bound to locations. Also, the evolve mechanic sounds like shit. I want to be able to train my pokemon and make them level up by this.. the whole "lvl up your trainer" thing is bullshit ....

They just did pkmn go the easiest way possible - making a reskin.

It did have potential.
Imagine walking around somewhere and suddenly someone challenges you to a batle which you can accept or not. The battle mechanics are the same as in the game .

oh well fuck this im disappointed
>>
>>25695804
it would be awful if we had to catch pokemon by pressing buttons, huh?
>>
>>25699058
It's just one button, anon.
Push button -> Catch pokemon
Starting the game takes more buttons.
>>
apology for poor english

when were you when porkyman go dies?

i was sat at home eating smegma butter when phony ring

‘da go is kill’

‘no’
>>
>>25698888
>battle mechanics are the same as in the game
What part of this game is for the casual audience wasn't clear from the moment they announced it?
>>
>>25696107
Sauce?
>>
>>25696683
He only change I would have made is making movesets and stats less dependent on leveling and more organic. Shit like a weight RNG for what moves a Pokemon has and new move learning being based on how you train it (who you're battling, where you go, how much you walk, etc.). They could have done something really interesting there. Instead they took the laziest possible path. It's just a fucking Foursquare or Swarm clone with a Pokemon skin.
>>
>>25699219
>>25699219
Everything has only shown gen 1 Pokemon, so it's a perfectly reasonable assumption. Considering that it's looking more and more like theres not anything really to do after you catch them all, I wouldn't be surprised if it is gen 1 only at launch and adds others (maybe at a cost) later.
>>
>>25698800
>genwun only
>graphics worse than XY/ORAS
>terrible character design
>tap Pokeball to win gameplay
>otherwise an Ingress reskin that's no doubt going to be riddled with intrusive microtransactions
i can't believe there are people who are still hyped for this shit
even if I was a genwunner i'd prefer to just download RBY on my phone and play it instead
>>
>>25696042
*week
>>
>>25695658
Luckily I didn't board that shit.
>>
File: inline-576x240.png (87KB, 578x240px) Image search: [Google]
inline-576x240.png
87KB, 578x240px
How can you not be hyped when you get to wear this?
>>
>>25700114
I still want to know how much it costs, I'm still considering it if it's less than 40 bucks.
>>
this whole evolution premise is the reason I hate it, that's enough to make me not want to play
>>
I can imagine this thing trying to send me onto Redstone Arsenal to catch something.
"I.D?"
"I don't have one."
"You're going to have to turn around."
"But I really need Mewtwo."
"This is a U.S. Military installation, you understand that right, kid?"
"I'm 28 years old."
"Sure."
>>
idk about you niggers but this is the best thing to happen to pokemon since gen 3 happened

i will play this everyday on my iphone 5s when i am walking to class
i will catch all the pokemon even if i need to pay 20 dollars because im no scrub
none you will be able to defeat my super leveled pokemon
>>
>>25700745
>none you will be able to defeat my super leveled pokemon
yeah, because there won't be battles
>>
>>25700306
Did they say it's the only way evolve? I just took it as an alternative for people that won't have a gym near them so they won't be locked out evolution. Or so you don't have a gazillion Oddish and nothing to do with them because they're uber common locally.
>>
>>25700682
My dad works at my local arsenal, I can just see myself telling him he has to take my phone and catch a pokemon for me
>>
>>25695774
>If you catch the same species of Pokémon enough times, you'll get the opportunity to evolve one of them
What? Why didn't they just give levels to the actual Pokemon and handout experience like candy? Catching any Pokemon, walking a certain amount of steps, capturing/defending a gym, and actual battling could all give experience. But catching 20 Slowpokes just to evolve them? That's retarded. What the hell do you even do with all the leftover Pokemon?
>>
File: thereis(no)hope.jpg (33KB, 627x128px) Image search: [Google]
thereis(no)hope.jpg
33KB, 627x128px
thoughts?
>>
>>25699286
>genwun only

Maybe only for the first couple of months, they will eventually add the rest

>>25701547
There's 2 possible outcomes for this:

1) They will render the design before is released.
2) They will fix the designs in an update (like in Ingress)
>>
>>25696691
doesn't mean that it would be more appropriate for games
>>
>>25700912
It's literally a bog standard mobile mechanic. Since you get random characters and creatures, you won't want all of them so you fuse or feed your weaker ones to your stronger ones to level up and/or evolve.
>>
>>25695658

Nice picture, very related since that anime's ending was a fucking joke and shat on the original material.
>>
>>25701839
>Implying the original ending was good
>>
File: 1458839654081.jpg (44KB, 639x628px) Image search: [Google]
1458839654081.jpg
44KB, 639x628px
>>25701847

G r 8 b 8
>>
I was expecting the leveling/evolution system to work the way it does, and I was expecting the whole "rank up in order to obtain better items to capture better Pokemon/evolve them" thing since those are very commonplace in mobile games. But it would be nice if there are non-gym battles. There were trainer battles in the trailer so you'd think they would be in the game, but if they were then the probably would have been brought up on the page.
>>
Do you even get to keep Pokemon that you put in gyms?
>>
>>25701863
Did you really enjoy that stupid camp plot with cancer-chan?
>>
>>25695883
This is literally what killed the hype for me
>>
>tfw all you wanted to do was battle more people than you can with a 3DS

Almost everyone has a smart phone, few have a 3DS. I just wanted to battle with Pokemon I found locally with other people. There's not even real battling, just collecting and smashing Pokemon together to get a better one

Eggs were neat though, I like that they actually need steps to hatch. Wish they would have carried through more of the base game ideas to the mobile one.

They fucked up. Most just wanted IRL Pokemon, not Ingress: Pocket Monsters Edition
>>
>>25702221
the dream is over
>>
>>25695774
The first two points completely killed my hype for Pokémon Go.
I’ll download it too, but unless they actually flesh this out, I’m not gonna last too long in it.
>>
>>25695658
>only Gen 1 Pokémon available
What hype?
>>
>>25704166
>implying they won't add the rest later
>>
>>25704166
but gen1 is best gen
>>
People expected VR pokemon that was as deep as the mainline games
What they got what a mobile pokemon
>>
Niantic knows to listen to the community, they'll add and fix things through updates like Ingress.
>>
>>25695658
Died?
It just got jumpstarted.
>>
I'll give it a shot when it comes out. I'm not (nor was I ever) expecting it to be better than the main games, its just something fun pokemon related to do while out and about.
>>
>>25695658
>implying i was on the hype train

I wasn't even at the station.
>>
File: bait.jpg (24KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
bait.jpg
24KB, 512x384px
>>25700745
>the best thing to happen since the worst thing to happen
>>
>>25702221
Incubator key item in main games that can hatch a box of pokemon after walking so many thousand steps when?
>>
>>25696036
Golden sempai
>>
>>25708277
Never
>>
>>25696541
We all knew it was going to be bad, but it sure was fun imagining how good it could be.
Thread posts: 86
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.