[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ASH GRENINJA HAS A MEGA STONE IN THE LATEST TRAILER???? WTF??!!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 115
Thread images: 10

File: greninja.jpg (40KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
greninja.jpg
40KB, 640x360px
ASH GRENINJA HAS A MEGA STONE IN THE LATEST TRAILER????

WTF??!!
>>
Not a mega stone and Ash also has the same bracelet. Looks like something more akin to the synergy earpiece from Pokken.
>>
That's a wristwatch.
>>
>>25694304
Wait so does that mean it might be the new mechanics from Sun and Moon and Kalos starters (at least Greninja) will get it?
>>
The Mega Stones disappear when they evolve.

Alain's Charizard has a big necklace on, when he mega evolves it vanishes.
>>
Called it when CoroCoro first showed Ash-Greninja
>>
File: vSaf0ep.jpg (103KB, 1334x750px) Image search: [Google]
vSaf0ep.jpg
103KB, 1334x750px
>>
File: 1458816586025.png (2MB, 1334x750px) Image search: [Google]
1458816586025.png
2MB, 1334x750px
>>25694327
Sort of. It seems to be a bracelet with a display of sorts.

>>25694330
I'm pretty sure of it. The reason why it hadn't been in the anime until now is because the Ash Greninja transformation was still incomplete. You can see Greninja growing the giant shuriken in the new preview, which signals the full transformation. That's what I think will be in SM.
>>
File: image.gif (2MB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
2MB, 300x300px
>>25694267
Pokemon and Human fusion?
Where have I seen this before? Starts with a Di I think...
>>
>>25694485
Ash Greninja isnt a fusion though.
>>
>>25694520
How do you know?
That bracelet proves otherwise?
Idk I haven't seen the anime
>>
>>25694537

Fusion implies Ash and Greninja fuse bodies and become one. They don't. Greninja just changes slightly to resemble Ash,
>>
>>25694537
A fusion would mean Ash fuses with Greninja but Ash still stays in his own, separate body, Greninja gets few details from Ash appearance and Ash feels some pain if Greninja gets injured. Its more like a very strong bond (probably something more than megas) but not fusion
>>
>>25694537
I know because Ash himself doesnt fuse with Greninja. The bond between Ash and Greninja is just so strong that Greninja takes on Ash's trait
>>
File: image.jpg (41KB, 375x305px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
41KB, 375x305px
>>25694625
>>25694560
>>25694559
Damn that's even weirder
>>
>>25694715
At least it's not something completely over the top fucking retarded like fusing into 1 body.
>>
>>25694715
Also, their movements become synchronized and Ash can see through Greninja's eyes.
>>
>>25694560
>>25694559
>>25694625
>>25694715
the term is called synchronization
>>
>>25694795

That's creepy
>>
>>25694715
You want weirder?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8GVquCySuc

Or even https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOZH0ccTMmE
>>
>>25694753
Tamers took an odd yet strangely arousing direction
>>
>>25694715
No, it's basically the same thing as Mega Evolution just without a stone being needed
>>
>>25694907
Ashninja should already be at mega level but it somehow has the armband visible which means it's probably not at max power yet.
>>
>>25694267
And at the end of XYZ, Ash will ditch greninja back at oaks house to go bond with some other pokemon
>>
>>25694795
This sounds kinda broken.
>>
>>25694999
Has literally nothing to do with the post.
>>
>>25695037
>shitposters caring about that
>>
>>25695025
Early on in the series, Diantha was introduced and she was able to give commands to her Gardevoir/Mega Gardevoir simply via eye movements. The fact that Ash Greninja is on par with a mega evolution and that Ash can see through his eyes and instantly give him commands is being built up as a counter to Diantha, whom he'll be battling again soon: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J85uNIrqVC4&t=22s
>>
>>25694825

Nerima Daikon Brothers was my shit early 2000s
>>
>>25694485
Mega Man.EXE also did it, but you didn't fucking notice.
>>
>>25695068
Does that mean we're going to have a battle with completely silent trainers?
>>
>>25695342
Also
>Pikachu vs Pikachu
>they aren't even rehashing the Raichu vs Pikachu Episode again
>>
>>25695342
No, they still voice attacks, the commands I'm referring to are movements. Gardevoir can immediately teleport to where Diantha looks and Greninja copies the same body movements as Ash.
>>
I think the anime general committed suicide. They are not making a new thread, no matter how long they've been autosaging.
>>
>>25695358
it seems you miss the context of that part of the trailer anon

here

>XY&Z022: Serena Becomes Ash! The Ultimate Pikachu Showdown!! (Apr 14th)
>>
>>25694267
>Ash Greninja

Thank god I stopped watching this show after Advanced.
>>
>>25695384
>he wants anime general spam rather than making a new one when it's gone to the lower pages

nice try baiter
>>
>>25695384
/padt/ doesn't make a new thread as soon as 300 replies are reached and the thread starts autosaging. The internal rules are to wait for either 700 posts, 150 images (image limit) reached or being on page 10 before making a new one so as not to clutter the board.
>>
>>25695397
It's coming in game soon, fagglord
>>
>>25695397
I guess you won't be playing the games once the same [trainer] [Pokémon] mechanic is revealed for them either, then. :^)
>>
>>25695410
>>25695415
Enjoy your shit gimmick.
>>
I wonder if that guy who fuses with a Zekrom will appear in the Ashnime.
>>
>>25695388
>Serena Becomes Ash!
What
>>
>>25695415
>>25695410
It's just going to be a customizable* starter mega.

*determined by your current clothing and hairstyle
>>
>>25695551
>customisation
>coming back in SM
anon...
>>
>>25695408
Say what you want about that general but at least they make it easier for us others.
>>
>>25695588
Do you honestly think it's not going to come back anon?
Especially when we have Ash Greninja pretty much screaming at us "HEY HE'S LIKE A MEGA BUT COPIED ASH'S STYLE!"
>>
>>25695612
Masuda already confirmed customisation is a Kalos only thing
So unless Kalos comes back in some way in SM say bye bye to customisation
Personally I believe Ash Greninja will be revealed as straight up Mega Greninja with no additional special features, like adjusting to player's apperance
>>
Can we explain why Pikachu says "Pika"? At this point, it doesn't matter, we have already crossed the threshold. Greninja has a form that doesn't make sense for the games, that is just the way it is.
>>
>>25694485
You've never seen it anywhere else because Pokemon only exist in Pokemon, faggot.
>>
>>25695645
When did he say that exactly? When being the time it was said, whether it was during XY, or if OR/AS was known by then.
>>
>>25695645
>Masuda already confirmed customisation is a Kalos only thing
He said that in regards to the Hoenn games not future ones.
>>
>>25695656
http://www.usgamer.net/articles/so-does-pokemon-omega-ruby-and-alpha-include-trainer-customization
>"In terms of the customization of the trainer, that was really kind of a special thing for the Kalos region, which featured this kind of motif of France and really focused on this beauty and fashion aspect, which is why it was a prominent feature in that game. For this game, we're focusing on adventuring elements, so we don't have the actual free customization of the trainer, but you'll see the items you use throughout the game visually represented; for example, when you're underwater, you'll have this little mouthpiece that lets you breathe. So there's some cool stuff for how your trainer changes clothes and puts on accessories throughout the game."
>>
>>25695673
unless the future games focus on "beauty and fashion" then (according to Masuda) - not really
>>
>>25695685
I see...

I suppose no more needs to be said, then.
>>
>>25695685
One of these days GameFreak is going to learn constantly introducing features players love and them ripping them away to never be seen again is going to bite them in the fucking ass.
>>
Greninja has the bracelet, Ash has the mega stone. Ash is the one that mega evolves, or they mega evolve each other.
>>
>>25695685
>For this game
Keywords there anon.
THIS game, in regards to ORAS.
>>
>>25695694
Not him but they also said Mega evolution was specific to Kalos too and Amie has more french and beauty connotations than customization but look what happened there.
>>
>>25695673
Not him but didn't they say that each region has its own gimmick to make it "unique", which is why they only appear in that region? Hoenn had secret bases, Sinnoh had the underground, can't remember what Unova had, Kalos had customization. It's safe to think that it won't appear in the later games, and that any gimmick introduced in gen 7 won't appear in other games either. Battle gimmicks (double/triple/mega evos/etc) seem to ignore this though so if fusion does get put into the game, it'll stick around for good.
>>
>>25695718
I can't defend if Gen 7 won't have customs back but mostly every Gen has something "different" Masuda wants in his eyes, this was said somewhere like on that "Did You Know Gaming" series once before I believe.
Case in point, don't hold your breath unless confirmed by GF.
>>
>>25695718
you're seriously deluded if you think this doesn't apply to all future games as well

>>25695730
Mega Evolutions weren't going anywhere, that much was obvious from the start

And Amie was a simple c/p job, that's why it remained
for customisation they'd have to make up new clothing options for both brendan and may, create hundreds of custom icons for PSS, and also place boutiques around the region
>>
>>25695733
>Not him but didn't they say that each region has its own gimmick to make it "unique"
Once I think, but I think that may be the PVs rather than customization since that's more in line with the whole fashion and style thing than general customization.
Saying this >>25695685 was basically an excuse because he couldn't say "It's a remake so we didn't put it in". That said they probably didn't think of this gimmick until some time after he said it especially since that interview was late 2014 and we've only seen this greninja recently.

Also Secret bases and Contests were in the Sinnoh games too.
Unova had the Entralink and Dreamworld.
>>
>>25695733
Which is bullshit. The regions are unique just by the virtue that they are arranged differently, have different appearances, have different characters. Someone failed game development miserably.
>>
>>25695787

>this was said somewhere like on that "Did You Know Gaming" series once before I believe.

do you believe every retarded shit they put there? it's almost vp tier of legitness
>>
>>25695815
Well it is the company that has taken almost 20 years to finally try to diversify the gameplay with Mega evolutions.
>>
>>25695790
>for customisation they'd have to make up new clothing options for both brendan and may, create hundreds of custom icons for PSS, and also place boutiques around the region
Do you honestly think this is hard.
>>
>>25695790
They sure didn't have any trouble copy-pasting Amie and the Battle Maison into ORAS, could've done the same with customization without designing many if any new clothes.
>>
>>25695790
>create hundreds of custom icons for PSS
Heads up anon, they just copy and past the hair styles and hats onto a bald sprite. It's literally flash game dress up tier.
>>
With how pokken is shaping up with customization I can see them realizing how players liked that
>>
So due to the fact that this fusion shit might be playing a role in SuMo, does this mean that Ash is going to be taking both Pikachu AND Greninja on to the next region? Or are they going to contrive an absolutely retarded reason for why Ash would ever leave behind a Pokemon he's bonded with to such an extent that they can share the same headspace, something he never even managed to do with his stalwart partner Pikachu?
>>
>>25694267

Do we know greninja's ability?

If it's protean it can explain the shape-changing...
>>
>>25696686
>Yfw Ash takes Greninja with him to the next region and leaves Pikachu behind
>>
I don't think they'll explain it at all. He'll be boxed just like all of his other pokemon with no thought put into it whatsoever. Or would you care to explain why he's left a pile of pokes at Oak's TO START WITH!?
>>
>>25696690
No, it sings about protean in the OP and it would explain why it could tank Ramos and Sceptile after spamming aerial ace but that could be misleading.
>>
>>25696760
Same reason as you always start with a starter when you start a new game anon.

And don't give me that "different character" shit, it's essentially "you".

In-story he says he wants the fresh journey challenge.
>>
>>25696777
Exactly. No pokemon, no matter bond, matter in the slightest. They only exist to be brought back for the League or something. Greninja is no exception.
>>
>>25696777
>>25696760
Not Oak, the ninja village. He'll train there much like Charizard trained at the Valley.

>>25696774
It would be nice if this was the anime's way of giving Ash's Greninja Protean. I mean, we've seen how strong Blaze is, so making Protean OP like that isn't a stretch.
>>
>>25696963
>train on a place that he has surpassed

he'll train in Oak's place since he'd probably find fellow combatants there
>>
File: Amazing.gif (2MB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
Amazing.gif
2MB, 200x200px
>>25696748
>>
>>25695704
Probably not, Gen 6 has shown that people will buy anything with the name Pokémon on it.
>>
>>25696777
>And don't give me that "different character" shit, it's essentially "you".

No, it's a different character.

If they made a new Pokémon game, as a sequel, that was meant for you to be the exact same player character as you were in the previous game, like if Hilbert was the BW2 protagonist but him winning the League and stopping Plasma was canon and this was still several years later, I would expect to be able to transfer my BW1 team and save.
>>
>>25697080
self insert anon, these characters are clean slate and have no defined personality other than what you put to them
>>
>>25697094
And Ash DOES have a defined personality and defined past goals, unlike player characters when you start a new game.
>>
>>25697103
And? Outside of BW he grows in it. Nothing about "trying for a fresh challenge" contradicts that.
>>
>>25697111
And I say he shouldn't be "trying for a fresh challenge" when he can't even beat his current set of challenges, but you're right that my argument doesn't contradict that, even if it's stupid as hell to me.
>>
File: 1368228157816.gif (1016KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1368228157816.gif
1016KB, 320x240px
>Greninja can adapt to its trainer because of Protean, allowing it to evolve essentially
>tfw Kecleon won't get the same treatment
>>
>>25694795
>>25695025
It is just like the game from amie attention

>X and your breathing are perfectly in sync
>X read your mind and avoided the attack!
>>
Why do people keep mentioning a mega stone for Greninja when there was never one to begin with?
>>
So the new gimmick is synergy?

It activates megas, but also lets them boost stats for shitmons without have to make a thousand new designs?
>>
>>25698031
>for shitmons

Sorry anon, it'll only be available to Pokémon Game Freak likes, like Lucario.
>>
>>25696982
>Hero Greninja reincarnated
>new leader of the village
>trains and protects the ninjas a Pokemon of the village

It makes a lot of sense.
>>
>>25697427

Ash Greninja has jack shit to do with Protean. It emits the same energy as a mega evo and goes full voodoo by sharing pain with Ash.
>>
File: fuc.png (123KB, 408x599px) Image search: [Google]
fuc.png
123KB, 408x599px
>>25694485
Pokemon Burst

For those of you who don't know, there is an OFFICIAL pokemon manga where characters use diamonds to "synergize" with their pokemon, granting the synergy greater power.

Where have we heard something about synergy and the fusing of trainer and pokemon?

Fucking pokken
>>
It's Sun/Moon's gimmick

Probably Synergy Burst as a catch-all stat boost for those who don't have Megas and Mega Evolution for all with Megas
>>
>>25694267
So I'm guessing once Ash masters his GreninjAsh transformation, with or without the use of that bracelet, it's when he finally gets that Shuriken on its back?
>>
Finally we'll have AshGreninja that isn't in a water bubble.
>>
>>25698237
ReBurst didn't have synergy, it barely even had Pokemon in it, it was just people powering up using poorly explained Pokemon souls trapped in crystals. And no one gives a shit about ReBurst, it was a dumb shitty manga that nobody cared when it ended except for being shocked that it didn't get immediately canceled.
>>
File: fast.png (173KB, 455x367px) Image search: [Google]
fast.png
173KB, 455x367px
>>25698269
>Synergy Burst makes your bro slightly viable
>gets a Mega next Gen
>Mega is worse than the base form with Synergy Burst
>can't use Synergy Burst on Pokémon with Megas
>>
>>25694267

Inb4 bond between ash and greninja create a megastone
>>
>>25698270
Yes, if you watch the new preview, you can see the moment the shuriken is created: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J85uNIrqVC4
>>
I just hope this Ash greninja shit doesn't make it into main games. If i get a greninja, its mine. I don't want it to look like ash's fucking retarded special snowflake greninja.
>>
>>25698935
Easy on the bait mate
>>
>>25698935
If Game Freak wasn't lazy, it'd get the color scheme of your custom trainer in the games. Since they are and customization most likely won't be in SM, it might just get the default color scheme of either player character.
>>
>>25696591
Not to mention Pokemon dot fucking com's official website has its own trainer customization, so they obviously realize that people enjoy customization.

ORAS will just be chalked up as a remake, but I'm pretty certain S/M will have at least a little bit of customization. Their retconned excuse can be that Kalos fashion is exclusive to X/Y, while each new main game will have a bit of customization with its own local fashion.
>>
>>25698953
No, I truely hate ash and everything he stands for, including his ridiculous special greninja.
>>
>>25699052
You sounded very autistic so I assumed it was bait.
>>
>>25699072
Nice assumptions there

>>25698962
Highly doubt it. Just imagine how many variations of greninja there will be on the GTS if they do this. And people will question why just greninja, and not other pokemon as well. In short, too much work for what amounts to a cosmetic change.
>>
>>25699189
>And people will question why just greninja
And just like when only Charizard and Mewtwo got two megas, Game Freak won't give a shit.
>>
>>25695832
> this was said somewhere "like" on that "Did You Know Gaming" series once before I believe.
As in it was "one" source I heard it from. As the other anons said as well >>25695733 and among other sites I ran into a similar quote about Masuda's thinking behind each gen, it was mentioned he wants each gen "different" when it comes to a certain gimmick.
>>
>>25695025
Kind of, but Ash also feels the same injuries that Ash Greninja feels meaning if Greninja faints Ash could do the same.
>>
>>25695594
>basic general etiquette on most boards
>being an accomplishment
>>
>>25699627
I wanted it to be the case, but in the episode with Alain, Greninjash faints and Ash is completely ok.
>>
>>25694267
OP is an idiot.

In the anime, Mega Stones disappear from the Pokemon once they've mega evolved and return when they revert back.

Besides, it's not a Mega Evolution, which the director quite clearly confirmed months back on Pokenchi.
>>
>>25701723
it's something similar though

think primal evo
Thread posts: 115
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.