[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 6

File: maxresdefault.jpg (169KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
169KB, 1920x1080px
What went wrong?
>>
Wireless connector. Worst idea ever. Such a waste too with the ds on the way. Same thing with dream world in b/w.
Why would they take such a good idea and just throw it away on a game that was not going to last.
>>
Had plain looking tilesets despite better software.

Vermillion sticks out in particular it could have been more beach like
>>
>>25690698
GBA also had link cables, and even a 4-way connection. The wireless connector was a cool bonus
>>
They butchered the soundtrack with the GBA's shitty soundchip. RSE didn't sound too bad, it's probably because the compositions were designed around the hardware. But FRLG just sounded awful.

Also restricting cross-gen evolutions to post game (like Crobat and Steelix) was a stupid idea. Even Heart Gold/Soul Silver locked away some of the gen 4 evolutions. At least ORAS fixed this issue completely and even accomodated for location-based evolutions like Magnezone and Leafeon.
>>
>>25689819
I loved it tbqh.
Maybe because it was the first game I played without using an emulator.
>>
File: 1392368400640.gif (156KB, 500x282px)
1392368400640.gif
156KB, 500x282px
>>25690698
Pokemon Black 2 and White 2 Release Date- October 7, 2012
Day Nintendo Wifi Connection was shut down- May 20, 2014
>>
>>25689819
Not much. They are great games.

In my personal top 3 for Pokemon to be honest.
>>
File: krabs.jpg (49KB, 480x480px)
krabs.jpg
49KB, 480x480px
>Bike speed is the same speed as the running speed
>>
>>25689819
Honestly, this first round of remakes was just that- remakes. They didn't design it around getting old players back in after the Ruby/Sapphire incompatibility-with-previous-generations fiasco, they designed it around getting entirely-new players. Hence, the extensive help menu and obnoxious battle tutorial. (It gets more and more obnoxious when you factor in all the hack games that keep the tutorial in, as well as attempts to nuzlocke.)

Then again... it did what it set out to do, and did it flawlessly, at least for me. I hold no shame in saying that Firered was my first Pokemon game, and that help menu and battle tutorial (along with the improved battle system of 3rd gen compared to 1st gen) helped introduce me to the world of Pokemon.
>>
File: 4644.jpg (70KB, 248x252px) Image search: [Google]
4644.jpg
70KB, 248x252px
>Can't get Johto starters
>Can't get Ho-Oh or Lugia without an event
>Can't get Umbreon or Espeon despite time mechanic being in Ruby and Sapphire
>Altering Cave was fucking useless and locked all of those Pokemon
>>Can't trade with Ruby and Sapphire without GBA Link Cable and not the Wireless Adapter
>Can't get berries ever again after picking them up

Has any other post-game been fucked up this badly?
>>
>>25689819
remake of the most plain gen
>>
Nothing
>>
>>25690933
>>Can't get Umbreon or Espeon despite time mechanic being in Ruby and Sapphire

The time mechanic didn't determine how to get Espeon and Umbreon, you fucking tard. It literally only affected the tides in Shoal Cave.
>>
>>25690997
Yes it did. You had to trade Eevee to RSE in order to evolve it into them, because Leafgreen and Firered didn't have a time mechanic for whatever fucking reason.
>>
>>25689819
hey man FRLG were good
seriously
I still have my Charizard from FR
>>
>>25690945
/thread
>>
>>25690997
You can evolve Eevee into Espeon and Umbreon in RSE though. You just need to trade an Eevee into the game because it's not usually available.

Why would you acting like a smug prick if you're a retard who can't even perform a quick google search?
>>
>>25691009
I guess it was to make it more of a remaster, updating the original RGB to actually fit the new system introduced in gen 3. On the plus side though, the lack of any time-based events in FRLG means no internal battery to die a decade later when you try replaying it again.
>>
Too many earlygame handholding tutorials, no trading with RSE until postgame, locking gen 2 Pokémon to postgame
>>
>>25689819
Sevii Islands a shit
>>
>>25691610
Better than the post-game RBY had, oh wait.
>>
>>25690698
i thought it was kick ass
>>
>>25690698
I thought it was innovative for the time being. Now it's a p.o.s but I thought it was crazy
>>
>>25689819
pokemon clover
>>
>>25689819
It isn't on virtual console yet is the only fail
>>
>>25689819
Baramp for science
>>
>>25691610
No, you are just so shitty that the smell confuses even you
>>
>>25690933

Don't forget...

>Long and boring post-game mission to open RSE compatibility
>Golbat and Onix can't evolve until post-game mission. You know, to respect the originals.
>Can't receive eggs before post-game mission.
>Breedable Daycare, has the worst location ever.
>Can't fly directly to the new islands.
>Can't fullfil your Pokedex with these remakes + RS.
>Cerulean Cave pokemon's changed. Here, respect the original games is not important.

I like all the RPG Pokemon games, but these remakes, are a fucking mess.
>>
>>25689819
It used the sound engine of RSE.
>>
I thought FireRed and LeafGreen were kickass games, personally. As a kid, I played Blue, then Yellow, then Gold, then I quit playing Pokemon after getting annoyed with the dropping quality of the anime and having to wait too long (for my feeble child mind anyway) for Ruby and Sapphire to come out. I didn't get back into Pokemon again until FireRed and LeafGreen, which were perfect re-introductions into the series, and had me clamoring for new content when I reached the end of the Sevii Islands.

When I played it, I thought it was amazing. In retrospect, I do have a handful of issues with it, mostly based on the fact that they, in my opinion, recreated the original games a little /TOO/ faithfully. Kanto doesn't need a straight remake, it needs a re-imagining. Bigger cities, expanded Team Rocket lore, features like breeding and cross-gen evo's being available before post-game, and so on.

All in all a 7.5/10. Really enjoyed it on first play, but looking back as an adult, it's easy to see that the Kanto story and map itself is pretty fundamentally flawed

Pic unrelated
>>
>>25697508
Not being able to fly to the Sevii Islands was the fucking worst. If they ever make FRLG remakes they better fix that.
>>
Music sounds worse.

The environments were too samey, which might be true of the original as well, but at least the lack of detail allowed your mind to feel more immersed and fill in the blanks.

>Route 10
>not a field of golden brown grass

Never have I been so sad to see bright green grass in a video game.
>>
>All of the Kanto music sounds worse than both RBY and HGSS
>All of the Sevii Island music remixed from Johto sounds better than both GSC and HGSS
They got their priorities all wrong on that front
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.