[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Removing safari mechanics was a good idea

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 10

File: 1445605136517.jpg (89KB, 651x720px) Image search: [Google]
1445605136517.jpg
89KB, 651x720px
>Removing safari mechanics was a good idea
>>
Safari mechanics took my shiny Misdreavus away. Fuck them.
>>
File: image.png (640KB, 790x1080px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
640KB, 790x1080px
>I love grinding and the new Exp Share is shit
>>
File: 1445082852156.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1445082852156.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>beating up audinos for exp is too easy
>>
>>25687873
>>25687891
I want you to explain to me why wanting a challenge is bad
>>
>>25687810

And my shiny Quagsire. Fuck the Safari mechanics. May they never return.
>>
File: 1444334412848.jpg (76KB, 695x407px) Image search: [Google]
1444334412848.jpg
76KB, 695x407px
>>25687873
>>25687891
>grinding
>>
>>25689865
Grinding is not challenging, it's time consuming.

Also you don't need to grind in Pokemon games.
>>
>>25689865
There is nothing challenging about grinding. Unless you're somehow so bad that you risk getting your ass kicked while doing it.
>>
>>25689865
you want a challenge, anon? i grinded my team in firered all to lvl 75 so they wouldn't get assfucked by the second round of the Elite Four and Champion. I grinded on the Ace Trainers in 7 (?) Island, and every time I would have to go into the Chansey House to heal up my fainted fucking Nidoking, and listen to that STUPID ASS jingle that was fucking unskippable,
>Just hit the speed up button, anon :^)
No no no, you fag. I did this shit hardcore. Actual cart, no gay-ass emulation. Every time I listened to that Chansey House music, and had to wait 10 years while the screen blacked out, do you honestly think I felt CHALLENGED? No, grinding does not make the games challenging. The level of strategy of the opponent you're fighting does. Hell, if you actually want a challenge, you go in with an underleveled team.
>>
>>25689865
Grinding makes the game less challenging, actually.
>>
The grind for both the two new 6th gen games was utter shit even with the exp all. only because the level of shitty post game with lv 60 traniers.not even level 80s or 100's.
>>
>>25687657
Of course it was, safari was way too much luck based. Between the low encounter rate, the low catch rate, the pokemon being able to flee, the limit on the number of ball and step, catching a pokemon a bit rare was more tedious than grinding in a Korean mmo.
>>
>>25687657
Explain why safari mechanics were good.

You can't. That's why Gen 5 and 6 got rid of them.
>>
>>25689865

>grinding
>challenging

yeah, killing pidgeys and ratattas over and over again is so challenging
>>
File: 1455491850226[1].jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
1455491850226[1].jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
I'm the guy from a month ago who experienced pic related in the Safari Zone and had a thread on here, if anyone remembers.

Had it been a shiny Chansey, Pinsir, or Kanghaskan, I would have already acknowledged my downfall. Honestly though, the mechanics add all up to the intensity. It's your fault for knowingly entering with the chance that it might happen.

Still though, I was so fucking amazed. A 1/8192 chance, be it that in the Safari Zone. What are the chances?
>>
File: wzhJ7.jpg (21KB, 308x200px) Image search: [Google]
wzhJ7.jpg
21KB, 308x200px
>>25689865

>he likes having to go into a Level 50 gym and all that is around the area is Level 2 Pokemon
>>
>>25690004
Grinding in Hoenn is a pain in the ass, though.
Mons are either tricky assholes that want to stat you or are distributed like shit so you can't even grind for IVs comfortably.
>>
File: image.jpg (67KB, 640x480px)
image.jpg
67KB, 640x480px
>>25687657
>he likes RNG bullshit
>>
>>25689952
>b-but VEEPEE TOLD ME LE EXP SHARE PROMOTES CASUALIZATION AND REMOVES THE CHALLENGE AND FUN OF GRINDING

i agree with your post so fucking much
>>
>>25690145
>not doing horde training
There's your problem
>>
On one hand, the mechanics were pretty shitty and luck-oriented.

On the other, the alternative catching style helped make the Safari mons feel, I don't know, more "special." It made you feel like it was actually some cool mon that you had to outwit; it was really satisfying in its own autistic way.
>>
File: flat,800x800,075,f.u1.jpg (165KB, 800x532px) Image search: [Google]
flat,800x800,075,f.u1.jpg
165KB, 800x532px
>>25690159
>Critical hits
>>
>>25689865
Grinding is in no way challenging. It's purely annoying.
>>
>>25690180
>2016
>STILL not using Lucky Chant
>>
>>25690145
You don't need to grind during the main game. And in post-game, you have horde battles for EV training and Blissey bases for level grinding.
>>
>>25690175
>It made you feel like it was actually some cool mon that you had to outwit
Except you didn't outwit anything, you were either lucky to catch the pokemon quickly or autistic enough to spend hours waiting that the rng god finally decide to be on your side.
>>
>>25687657
But that was a good idea. Safari Zones are nothing but spin-the-wheel bullshit. Normal encounters have RNG elements, but you can actually plan for those and stack the odds in your favor.

If a Pokemon is prone to escaping? Shadow Tag/Mean Look. Does it have a recoil move, like Take Down? Get something that's immune, like a Ghost type. Then you can lower its HP, give it a status condition, and chuck a ball (which, by the way, vary in type so you can give yourself even greater odds).

In the Safari Zone, you get NOTHING. Safari Balls have the standard catch rate of a Pokeball, rocks and bait barely even help, you cannot hurt the Pokemon in any fashion, and EVERY SINGLE POKEMON is prone to just fucking off without warning.

I should not have to rely solely on a lottery to catch a Pokemon. It should be because I, as the player, understand how to effectively maximize my chances of success.
>>
>Removing the battle frontier was a good idea
>>
>>25689865
Grinding is fucking tedious not challenging you cunt,
>>
File: image.jpg (57KB, 345x493px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
57KB, 345x493px
>>25691166
>Artificial difficulty is fun and challenging! Whoops my Pokemon didn't use the move I wanted it to and I lost! Oh well! That's the Frontier for ya!
>>
>>25690122

Hey, I remember that thread. Congrats on the Venonat, by the way!

Also,nice dubs
>>
>>25689865

All exp share does is remove the need to constantly switch out pokemon at the start of battles. It only makes the game easier because it's speeding up a process you're already doing.
>>
>>25690136
What would CM Punk's team be?
>>
>>25689909
>Also you don't need to grind in Pokemon games.

Exactly. So all it does is make the game easier. The gen 6 exp share is a fucking terrible design.
>>
>>25691183
>Didn't like just one of the SEVEN facilities
>Battle Frontier is shit
>>
I like the idea of extra locational challenges for certain Pokemon. The Safari Zone rng was sort of difficult, but surely the idea of 'rare pokemon through restrictive abilities isnt a terrible thing. If there was more strategy to the Safari Zone, I'd be down, like pokemon specific traps or personality specific, or whatever.
>>
>>25695278
The Safari Zone is fine in concept, but it was obviously a result of gen 1's limited memory not allowing them to do anything more elaborate. Later gens had no excuse for using the same mechanics. Shit should have been replaced with a minigame of some sort or something.
>>
>How to fix Safari Zone

Implement a tracking item in the battle menu. Even if the Pokemon runs away you have a bottomscreen/minigame to refind the same Pokemon that ran away. It will keep any extra interactions you had with it, like if it was angry or full of food, and more importantly would stay shiny if it was originally.

This will give the area more of a "hunting" vibe too instead of just mindlessly walking back and forth hoping to reroll that rare mon.
>>
>>25693207
The exp share is fine because you can simply not use it. In fact, I'd say it's better than the old exp share because it's really helpful when you want to complete the Pokedex and you need to level up a lot of Pokemon at once.

The exp share has been in the game since gen 1. This version is no worse than the rest.
>>
>>25695455
nice dubs anon, also I really like your idea. Like it's really good.
>>
>>25695459
>The exp share is fine because you can simply not use it

No, it's not fine because it's too extreme. That's the problem. There's no balance or control to it. It's either slowly overlevel ALL your Pokemon, or use it on NONE of them, at the cost of having to tediously switch out weak party members. It's retarded. The BW exp system was better in pretty much every way.
>>
>>25695459
>>25697725
It really should have been a post-game item.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.