[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do people hate gen 5 so much? In my opinion, B/W was great

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 6

File: Gen 5.png (255KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
Gen 5.png
255KB, 480x640px
Why do people hate gen 5 so much?

In my opinion, B/W was great because it had none of the same pokemon from the older games, so you didn't end up with the same pokemon over and over again.

B2/W2 had the same problem, but it didn't over do it, so it was fine.
>>
>>25685530
It was boring
>>
>>25685530
They want to play with zubat for the 57th time
>>
>>25685540
I honestly thought that gen 1 and 4 was a lot more boring than gen 5.

At least you weren't a fucking mountain half of the time.
>>
>>25685530
That art is really nice
>>
File: Smithers, help!.gif (497KB, 395x290px) Image search: [Google]
Smithers, help!.gif
497KB, 395x290px
>>25685530

But anon, nobody with a brain hates Gen 5.

Yeah, occasionally you'll get the odd guy who makes his distaste for the games extremely public
>REEEEE I PERSONALLY DISLIKE SOME OF THESE DESIGNS = BAD GAME

But Gen 5 boasts the best first pair, and the best Pokemon games in general in the 3 years it was around. The peak before the decline, which was Gen 6.
>>
>>25685530
Shit posters

I dont remember the year but some anon made a poll and BW2 was chosed as the most complete pokemon game
>>
>Rather than go into one of the other ten threads about this, let's make a new one!!!

>>25679065
>>
I never played BW. I took a long break during my adolescenct years because my DS got stolen, so I missed out on DPPt, HGSS and BW. When I finally got a new DS when I was old to get a job, I went back and played the old games.

Platinum honestly felt like a chore. I didn't care enough to figure anything out by myself and the Pokemon seemed lackluster. I mean, it was cool that it was mostly old Pokemon with newer evolutions. The new moves and the typing split were pleasant introductions. The Poketch felt unhelpful. The side quests (Underground, Contests, Frontier) felt cheap, so I ignored them.

Then I played SS. As a biased genwunner I figured I'd enjoy this game a lot. I wasn't wrong. The updated graphics and mechanics made playing this old story so much more enjoyable, more so than FRLG did for Gen 1. The menu being on the touch screen actually felt useful. Following Pokemon is a fantastic gimmick. The Pokeathlon was an enjoyable minigame collection. It was a nice experience, recapturing my love for the franchise.

Then I picked up BW2. It was less of a chore than Platinum, but I mean, it was still an interesting story. I had already caught myself up on BW from Bulbapedia. I liked being able to use older Pokemon because Unova's dex never really felt right with me. Too many clones and rehashes and ugly designs. I was excited to find Volcarona mid game though, because it's my favorite Gen V Pokemon and one of my favorites overall. It felt way too easy though. I was overleveled and nothing ever felt like a challenge, even with good move sets and a not completely stupid AI. I remember reading about all the things you could do post-game but by this time XY were almost out and I stopped caring. I wouldn't say I hated Gen V but for me it was pretty forgettable.

/blog
>>
I started playing White for the first time like a week ago (for whatever reason it was the gen that I skipped over and went on to X). The main character's friends are unlikable fags and I dunno about the story yet, but I like it. Tepig is bro-tier.
I LOVE the graphics, especially after playing X, whose graphics and the look/feel of the world I HATED. The graphics in White are the logical endpoint of what a Pokemon game should look like, in my opinion.
>>
File: bwsprites.png (17KB, 456x556px) Image search: [Google]
bwsprites.png
17KB, 456x556px
>>25685530
Gen 5 is what got me back into the series after boring ass 4th gen. Hating 5th gen is just a meme for edgy tryhards
>>
>>25686009

Exactly this
>>
>>25686009
Gen 6 is what got me back into the series after shitty-ass 5th gen. Liking 5th gen is just a meme for edgy tryhards.
>>
File: Mountains.png (108KB, 320x260px) Image search: [Google]
Mountains.png
108KB, 320x260px
>>25685580
>>
>>25686085

>the only reason gen 6 is as bad as it is is because of people like this, who couldn't handle change and needed fanservice to make up for it

nobody asked for your opinion
>>
>>25685530

Most people like it. It's just a few prolific shitposters that give the wrong impression.
>>
>>25686115
Wow, nice assumptions m8. I bet you also think the only reason I hate your precious generation is because of the Pokemon designs.
>>
>>25685530
Shitty looking box legends and shitty copypaste trio and shitty event horse, as well as worst regional rodent and bird. Aside from that it's great.
>>
>>25685530
Honestly something I realized playing through Omega Ruby with the intent of using Pokémon from the generations since RSE was that many of my favourite Pokémon are from gens 3 and 5.
>>
>>25686141

No, I'm sure you have plenty of wrong opinions.
>>
I loved it, the region WAS kind of linear, and the graphics were pretty garbage... those are really my only complaints, and they don't even ruin it that much for me.

I loved the story because it actually did some things differently after two highly predictable and uneventful generations. Interrupting the elite four challenge was such a huge "oh shit" moment for me. And all the gym leaders were actual participants in the plot as opposed to just "Whatever" characters that mostly never leave the gym. How could gamefreak not expect people to see the XY story as anything but a step back after this??

I'm neutral on the "all new pokemon"

It works when there's a huge number of new pokemon, but on the other hand, I don't like my limited options. Most games have the same problem where wild encounters start feeling repetitive, and you will probably see some of the same pokemon even at the latest parts of the game. It sucks. But then X and Y came along and stuffed more wild pokemon than you can shake a stick at, and there was lots of new pokemon on every single route, none of them felt repetitive. So, I can take or leave the "only new mons" thing.
>>
File: image.png (193KB, 400x300px)
image.png
193KB, 400x300px
>>25686085
Gen 6 is cancelled
>>
>>25686220
And I'm sure Sun and Moon will be exactly the same.
I don't care if S&M is Gen 7, Gen 6.5, whatever, because I am perfectly satisfied with Gen 6 as it is.
>>
There's already a billion Gen V threads up.
Stop making these.
>>
>>25685530
Shit region, even more handholding than gen 4 and a lot of meh Pokemon designs (coupled with the fact that they locked most of the pokedex away from you until the elite four). Also all the Pokemon evolved at really high levels so you were stuck with NFE shitmons for most of the game.
>>
File: image.jpg (32KB, 320x240px)
image.jpg
32KB, 320x240px
>>25686240
>I am perfectly satisfied with Gen 6 as it is
>>
>>25686308
I hope being a pointless contrarian works out well for you in the future.
>>
Gen 5 is a memegen

Interpret that however you'd like.
>>
>>25686339
Yeah. I have a house, a car and a pretty good job. In going on vacation next month the whole month but thanks.
>>
>>25685530
>In my opinion, B/W was great because it had none of the same pokemon from the older games, so you didn't end up with the same pokemon over and over again.

I only use Pokemon introduced in a generation anyways, so this did nothing for me when I played BW1. I don't mind seeing old ones occasionally as enemies.

BW2 was a great game though. Can't say the same about BW1, but oh well.
>>
>>25685530
BW2 was pretty good aside from continuing the shitty story from BW, should have been more independent instead of making everything revolve around N again.
BW was shit though, with a bit of self control you can use new pokémon in any generation.
>>
>>25685530
Best MCs.
>>
>>25688312
>Best MCs
>Not Gold and Crystal and best rival Silver
>>
I liked it, could have been better, like for example if pokemon like gigalith were more unique(should have been a laser shooting special attacker imo, fits the whole energy motif better then throwing around rocks)

however nothing quite like scraggy was a thing and the rapidash expy was a perfect succesor without being a rehash.

So i think gen 5 was great despite its flaws
>>
>tfw gen V is the only gen I didn't play

should I
>>
>>25689800
I'd say it's worth one playthrough. There's no reason to play it any more than that though.
>>
>>25686115
Anon, People aren't that autistic, right?
>>
>>25689800
No, it's shit.
>>
>>25690348

Care to explain why?
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.