[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do female Misty fans hate all the other main girls of the anime?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 9

It seems every time a new female lead is introduced, Misty fans and Pokeshipper post angry rants, fanart, and posts about how all the other girls are bad.

People tend to forget Misty fans don't just dislike Serena and her crush on Ash. They also disliked Dawn a lot during DP too and constantly complained how girly she was or how she was a slut/whore.

And of course nobody could forget the Misty Vs. May debates from the early 2000's with Misty fans immediately hating May just because she "replaced" her.

Why do Misty fans have such rage toward May, Dawn and Serena? It reeks of desperation when Misty is never coming back.
>>
>>25679967
I like how you didn't mention Iris. Because it's universally known that Iris and Ash could never feasibly be in a relationship, unlike the rest.
>>
>>25679967
I liked may because it was a fresh change. I hated every other girl because I thought misty would be coming back like brock did after tracey filled in for him
>>
Because nostalgiafags should be gassed.
>>
>>25679967

Because of them being annoying feminist SJW who like to self-insert into a woman who is prone to punch men and gets angry/smug with her male companions.

It's the same reason those same feminist SJW tend to like Akane Tendou/Asuka/Kirino/Sakura, because they're stronk and think boys are annoying.
>>
File: 1448449547437.jpg (120KB, 486x700px) Image search: [Google]
1448449547437.jpg
120KB, 486x700px
>>25679967
Because they are autistic
>>
File: 44213631_p4_master1200.jpg (183KB, 1000x586px) Image search: [Google]
44213631_p4_master1200.jpg
183KB, 1000x586px
Shut up Bakas!
Misty is the one and only true goddess
>>
>>25681757
>SJWs
>Liking the tsundere trope
Are you an idiot? They fucking hate it because it's a generic trope that encourages the idea that if guys talk to girls who constantly reject them, they'll still end up dating somehow. No, Dawn is way more up their alley for being a girl who is feminine but still powerful or something like that
>>
>>25681827
Dawn is pure.

Maybe it'd be wish fulfilment.
>>
>>25681853
It's less wish-fulfillment and more admiration and/or attraction since half of them are lesbians
>>
File: 1448348784727.jpg (1MB, 860x1214px) Image search: [Google]
1448348784727.jpg
1MB, 860x1214px
>>25681930
Can't blame them
>>
The only reason anyone liked Misty is because they had a boner for her back in the day, and/or they were a pokeshipper. I can also see nostalgia blinding them, as she was part of the original poke-hype, and none of the other sagas would ever be so prominent. There is absolutely nothing about her character that's great at all. Even for the feminazis, she's still too vapid for them. You are remembering something that is long gone, and cannot happen again. You are also remembering with the mind of a child and not seeing it as an adult. Her one purpose in the show is invalidated by hypocrisy.

Are the others better? Three of them have an actual plot, which automatically qualifies. Only one succeeds in being more annoying by virtue of also being a Mary Sue. I will admit that most of them are dull, but they're all one-dimensional if you think about it. That makes none of them good, but the three that actually do something stand out because it's the only thing interesting about them, and even then, it's not usually the characters themselves that are interesting doing them, but the characters AROUND them that make it interesting.

So yeah, all the girls are nothing, but Misty is an even bigger nothing.
>>
>>25679967
Whats wrong for a character's fans to get mad at the characters that replaced them? it's common sense, I don't understand your confusion OP.
>>
>>25679967
Because they self-insert as Misty and want Ash?

Seems obvious, if they're female.
>>
>>25681826
Only if it's hgss misty
Other mitys are shit
>>
Because they self-inserted as her as a kid and naturally don't like any of the other bitches who stole the spotlight from her.
>>
self insert?

>>25681827
yeah but lots of Misty fans on Tumblr are self inserters and on Tumblr, you have to claim your favorite character is "progressive" to be accepted even if she is not and like every tsundere, her biggest development is being les of a cunt to the MC
>>
>>25679967
Real Misty fan here, she was beautiful and sweet at times, hot shorts, cute suspenders and do, and most importantly she recognized the love between Ash and Pikachu
>>
>>25679967
Because they stopped watching and think the anime/franchise betrayed them with sluts.

See also Daisyfags re: Rosalina.
>>
The funniest part is that they make Misty look like a huge cunt (mre than she already is) with that kind of fanart
>>
Even as a kid I thought Misty was boring as hell
>>
>>25683159
Yeah, they always draw Misty hating or screaming at all the other girls.

Which proves Misty fans themselves are so utterly retarded because they don't even have a good grasp on Misty's character.
>>
>>25679967

Because she was the only one who didn't feel like she was just along for the ride.
>>
>>25682951
>Most Misty fans on tumblr
Yeah, maybe all 5 of them
Most tumblr kids are too young to have ever watched the original series and so they wouldn't give a shit about Misty at all. If they wanted to self-insert, they have the playable female MCs like Rosa, ORAS May, and Serena, which are, you know, meant to be self-inserts on virtue of being a blank slate playable character.
As for non-MC female characters they like, they tend to like Cynthia or ORAS Shelly because they're hot, confident and have a large role in the game they appear in. Think of pokegirls that you want to be stepped on by, that's who they tend to go for since they're all either lesbians or closeted lesbians
>>
>>25679967
>Why do female Misty fans hate all the other main girls of the anime
But it's literally the other way around.

Underage May and Dawn fans shit on Misty whenever given the opportunity.
>>
Because fans of the other girls are just as hateful. Have you ever brought up a non Amour ship in front of a Serena fan? They go fucking apeshit. Dawn and May fans are only marginally better.

And if it's not related to shipping, it's usually just some genwunner normie from facebook who's opinion should be discarded anyway.
>>
File: Crystal-pepsi.jpg (30KB, 300x232px) Image search: [Google]
Crystal-pepsi.jpg
30KB, 300x232px
Misty has better taste in soda and alternative therapies.
>>
>>25686534
May's entire fanbase came from people who started watching with Kanto.
>>
>>25682453
HGSS Misty was the worst though
Shit design and blows off her gym duties to blow some dude
>>
>>25679967
I don't. She was cool and she's been gone for ages.
>>
>>25679967
Because the Kanto arc was the only good part of the anime.
>>
File: in_a_nutshell.jpg (29KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
in_a_nutshell.jpg
29KB, 500x281px
Posting a reply at the top because no doubt the comments in this thread are going to be shitty.

As a female fan of Misty who just didn't find the other girls all that interesting (aside from maybe May?) here's my guess as to what those reasons might be:

>Internalized Misogyny.

Girls calling other girls gendered slurs, slut-shaming the shit out of each other, and immediately getting hostile towards other girls all stems from competitive self-hating bullshit. It's why you always see so many chicks who're quick to say "I'm Not Like Other Girls ;)" to gain male approval, or laugh at all of your shitty unfunny jokes, or support boring ass dolls like Lammily. (Basically: See the image I've included in this post)

I was gonna go on about how passive a lot of the female companions seem to be, or how often they'd get switched out for a "new" model nearly every season, but Black & White sorta changed all that. I actually don't have a problem with the current companions, I just prefer the writing style of the late Takeshi Shudo than I do the writers after that.
>>
>>25689940
Sorry I meant to say that I don't have a problem with the current companions (from X & Y) but it came off as though Black/White was current.

I just meant that Black/White changed things up a bit.
>>
>>25689343
>implying you wouldn't blow off work to blow some dude
>>
>>25689940
it's more like a lot of women are really petty and competitive in similar ways that men are, but women are more subversive about it and less directly confrontational (and if they are, it's mostly with name-calling as opposed to throwing literal punches). i wouldn't call it self-hating necessarily, i don't think women necessarily have more self-esteem issues than men do, more like "crabs in a bucket", if you've heard that analogy - that they can't bear to see other girls succeed/leave the bucket, so they'll drag them down with them (sort of like 'it's not enough that i should succeed, others should fail', but may eschew the first bit). i'd call it more tribalism than misogyny, if anything. they don't hate them because they're women per se, rather, that they're competition.

as for misty, i don't think she's ever really engaged in that behaviour aside from i believe melody? the girl who was crushing on ash in the second movie, and even then, she never hit melody and i think they became friends at some point, it's been a while since i saw pokemon 2000. aside from that she seems to be pretty okay with females that aren't jon team rocket. she beats up men way more than women, which fulfills the "strong girl" archetype
and that may appeal to some of the girls watching, especially ones who are more alpha themselves.

>i'm not like other girls to gain male approval
or maybe they could, i dunno, actually not be like other girls? sure, some say this to get attention, but with others it's actually true, for better or for worse, though i do admit it's annoying when people flaunt their "individuality" especially if they're really not that unique, but i digress.

i'd also not say that the female companions are alone in being swapped out every season because the male one is too with the exception of hoenn where they brought back brock.
>>
>>25690553
oh, right, they brought him back for sinnoh too, i think, right? shit, well, he did get swapped out in johto, so it's only a +1 compared to misty
>>
>>25690609
Brock left during Orange Islands, came back for Johto and stayed for Hoenn and DP.

He only was finally axed which is why he's not in BW and XY
>>
File: MistyHGSS-pokemoa.png (283KB, 320x890px) Image search: [Google]
MistyHGSS-pokemoa.png
283KB, 320x890px
>>25689343
>>
>>25690609

Brock faultered a lot during DP. Some of it is the shift away from 4Kids' voice to that awful new one, but even so, Brock's character became a lot more one-note, just fawning over ladies and getting Poison Jabbed by his Croagunk since Dawn didn't do ear-pull duty.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.