[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

State your least favorite generation and give reasons why you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 225
Thread images: 26

File: Gens 1 Through 6.png (1MB, 902x563px) Image search: [Google]
Gens 1 Through 6.png
1MB, 902x563px
State your least favorite generation and give reasons why you don't like it.
>>
Gen 2
Almost everything that wasn't cross-gen or legendary was lame.
>>
I don't like Gens 1-3 because I never played those gens and have no interest in them at all.
First game was Pearl btw.
>>
Gen 1

It's not Gen 1's fault though. Aging cannot be stopped.
>>
File: black guy.gif (53KB, 612x758px) Image search: [Google]
black guy.gif
53KB, 612x758px
>>25678680
Please stop.
>>
gen 4 and 5 because i never played them and they have the worst legendaries
>>
gen 2 because theres legitimately no reason to play them anymore, because of superior remakes. Gen1 is at least unique enough with Yellow to avoid having the same fate.
>>
If S&M are really Gen 7, then my least favorite has got to be 6.

Everything just felt very cookie-cutter and bland. There was nothing that felt new or interesting to me, aside from character customisation but whoops it's XY-only. Overall, I had a very weak experience. I just wasn't having fun and only really bought the games because I'm still trapped inside Mr. Masuda's Wild Ride,

On the possibility that there's still a chance for Gen 6 to redeem itself though, then my least fav is probably gen 1 simply because it's broken as shit. No reason to play it when FRLG exist.
>>
>>25678692
How old are you what the fuck.

Black/White sucked
>>
Gen 3
>Shit region
>Shit new Pokemon
>Shit soundtrack
>Shit characters
>Shit sound quality
>>
I dont really hate any generation totally but if I had to say it would be Pre-PtHGSS Gen 4 with the awful pokemon selection and HM hell
>>
Well, weighing the generations as a whole, gen 6 is my least. I liked X and Y well enough, but ORAS was such a collosal disappointment to me that it drags the entire gen down a notch.

That said, gen 4 was very mixed for me. The Sinnoh games were fucking dreadful (largely due to HMs and having to crisscross that fucking mountain so many times; seriously, fuck that mountain, I was so tired of caves), but HG/SS were wonderful games, so. Barring HGSS, fuck gen 4 to death. Keep the mons, they've grown on me, but fuck that region forever.
>>

IT'S SO SLOW. Also boring
>>
>>25678737
What if they're given vc treatment just like gen 1 did?
>>
Gen 6

Kalos felt like wasted potential. Hoenn remakes didn't really improve on Emerald in the ways FRLG and HGSS did
>>
>>25678647
gen 5 because it was boring
>>
I don't like Gen 1 cuz it's a broken mess of a game. FRLG are great games though.
>>
>>25678647
Previously it was 2, but 4 contains remakes of 2 and manages to not fix a single flaw GSC had while adding its own horrible engine on to the mix

It's a shame because some of the new Pokemon were great and the new music was legit (the HGSS remixes were mostly terrible though) but it really is the worst overall
>>
>>25678647
Gen 5. Bad animation, mostly bad music, inconsistent designs, boring region, bad characters, and bad story.
>>
Gen V because of the shitty story and characters that were forced on you constantly, and the fact that Team Plasma never left you alone. They seemed to appear in every town, and if they didn't, you know Cheren and Bianca had to get their screentime.
Hugh was the absolute worst-written character in the series until Zinnia showed up, and everything surrounding him was absolutely retarded.

Gen V, out of all the generations, did the absolute worst at making me want to do what they wanted me to do.

I hated the battle animations and the ugly mishmash of 2D sprites and 3D models. Not to mention the fact that they constantly shoved their ugly graphics in your face with around a thousand different bridges that took forever to cross.

The seasons gimmick was neat in theory, but when they make you wait literal MONTHS to catch certain Pokemon you might actually, you know, want to use on your in-game team, they really fucked up.

Gen V did, however, introduce some legit gameplay improvements.
Hidden abilities, "would you like to use another repel", and reusable TMs are amazing. Shame they debuted in the worst games possible.
>>
Gen III, too much water, start of the shit story staples. shifted away from the cool water colored art style, drove a lot of fans away.

I would have went with Gen IV for the sheer number of HMs, but at least it gave us HGSS.
>>
>>25678647
Gen 6. It had a ton of potential but did nothing with it, and as >>25678740 said, it just felt bland
>>
>>25678757
>shit soundtrack
this is b8
pretty good bait too made me angry for a second
>>
Gen 3. I care for neither the Pokemon nor Hoenn nor the teams.
>>
File: 1458098165982.jpg (65KB, 512x1360px) Image search: [Google]
1458098165982.jpg
65KB, 512x1360px
>>25679572
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWFjcKzPmtY
>>
>>25678747
Not the guy you replied to, but I've been playing Pokemon since Yellow and B/W was the best gen IMO. But that's cause I enjoy the main story of Pokemon games for some reason and B/W had the most interesting one...despite Team PETA and the green-haired autist.

Also, Unova's pokemon were awesome. Most of them were pretty good and viable in-game. Don't know why people lose their shit over the ice cream as opposed to things like Dugtrio, Muk, etc. It's silly.
>>
>>25679618
I only got one thing out of this post, you have shit taste.
>>
File: 1456506084137.png (44KB, 446x261px) Image search: [Google]
1456506084137.png
44KB, 446x261px
>>25679757
>le fart trumpets
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJIpVPFvOkk
>>
>>25679749
Object Pokemon in Gen I have angry or smug faces, like they're gonna wreck your shit.
Object Pokemon in Gen V have happy, smiling faces, like they want to be best friends forever.
>>
Gen 4.
I remember being hyped for it because I had saved up enough for a used DS and Diamond and being so disappointed at how clunky it was compared to Emerald.
I ended up preordering Platinum because I heard it had the BF in it and it came with that baller figurine but it didn't feel any different quality.

Both times of felt like I had wasted my money but couldn't sell it because my mother and sister are the type to say I told you so and hold it against you for years, so I just kept on playing it.

It didn't help that contests and bases were trash too, me and my friend in London used to trade bases on RSE when I went down there to visit my family and it sucked that we couldn't do it with those games.

The whole gen was just disappointment after disappointment.
>>
File: 1458593956543.png (56KB, 356x324px) Image search: [Google]
1458593956543.png
56KB, 356x324px
>>25679823
>Blaziken
>Mudkip line
>Lotad line
>Ralts line
>Surskit line
>Breloom
>Mawile
>Electrike line
>Plusle and Minun
>Volbeat and Illumise
>Numel
>Grumpig
>Trapinch line
>Lileep line
>Anorith line
>Castform
>Tropius
>Absol
>Wynaut
>Snorunt
>Spheal line
>Clamperl line
>Relicanth
>Bagon line
>all of the legendaries
>good whatsoever
no
>>
>>25678647
Gen 5
>took me out of my comfort zone and tried to replicate gen 1 and failed miserably
>forced a bunch of terribly designed 'mons
>region was an absolute clusterfuck
>ruined the UI
>forgettable characters
>forced story
>atrocious graphics
>no cross-gen evos
>left a bitter taste in my mouth and almost made me not buy a gen VI game until I saw how much better it was
>>
>>25679854
>naming so many 'mons that are good
Shit taste fampai
>>
>>25679816
>Object Pokemon in Gen I have angry or smug faces, like they're gonna wreck your shit.
Literally only Voltorb. Magnemite's line doesn't have a proper face.
>Object Pokemon in Gen V have happy, smiling faces, like they want to be best friends forever.
Literally only the Vanillite line and litwick.
Cryogonal looks like it's going to kill something.
Garbodor looks as if it'll devour everything without a care.
Lampent and Chandelure have no expression only a cold stare.
Klink line doesn't have a face that emotes.
>>
>>25679854
You literally listed the top tier designs in most of the series.
>>
>>25678647
Gen 1. I still love the region, the Pokemon, and the characters, but to me, these three points have only improved as the generations went on.

Despite the fact that I say it is my least favorite, I can't say i dislike it in any way. You can have a least favorite and still like it.

But Gen I just tends to show just how much of a product of its time it was, with the various limitations and general designs.

But despite all of that, it still holds a place as the generation that introduced me to Pokemon, and began what we have now. It set a basis for everything after, and it is the one most remembered.

But I just like everything that came after it more.
>>
File: image.jpg (22KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
22KB, 250x250px
>>25679869
>not wanting a slightly different experience for a change
>calling Unova a clusterfuck when Kalos is a just mix of every generic biome you can think of that makes no logical sense
>calling the characters forgettable when the gym leaders actually do something for once and when Gen. 6 characters exist
>ignoring all the awesome Pokemon Gen. 5 actually brought

And probably worst of all:

>thinking Kanto Pandering: The Game and Worst Remakes are better

This is why Game Freak no longer needs to try; their games are guaranteed to sell like hotcakes, as long as they pander to nostalgia, no matter how shit they are.
>>
>>25678647

Gen 2 had a crappy level curve, not enough spotlight on the Johtomons, many Johtomons were gotten very late or were really annoying to obtain, Johto itself isn't an engaging region, Neo Rocket sucks ass outside of their battle theme, grinding is an absolute pain in the ass at certain parts, you either have to rely on RNG or wait halfway through Kanto to retrieve evolution stones, most Johto pokemon were shitmons to the highest degree, Kanto was empty and I woulda rather have Gamefreak&Iwata flesh out Johto instead of adding Kanto because they just happened to have enough room, and they didn't do a whole lot with the myrad of new features they added.

I still like Gen 2, mostly because it has the best OST in the series but it just has too many flaws for me.

Gen 6's pacing takes an absolute dive after the 3rd gym, lack of post game, introduced megas but needed to make them more like Mega Sableye (as in give a pokemon a new way to play) or Mega Beedril/Charizard (adjust a pokemon that can't evolve anymore to power creep) and less like Mega Lopunny (a blatant superior alternate form in every way) the music is the worst in the series, ORAS is disgustingly easy, no 3rd game/sequel to buff out Gen 6's problems and flaws, introduced Inverse Battles, but only have one in the entire generation, copypasting BW2's move tutors, and male customization pales in comparison to females

still enjoyed the games (cept ORAS) and making legendaries guaranted 3 IVs is a godsend.
>>
Gen 5

>linear region
>shit pokemon
>shit beep beep music
>worst graphics of any pokemon game
>cut scenes and scripted events out the wazoo make replaying it a chore

Other than hidden abilities and reusable tms were good additions but not enough to make these games not shit
>>
>>25680732
I thing I found most annoying with gen 5's music is that I loved the Elite 4's battle theme, only to have it change when one of my Pokemon's stamina goes into the red. Really ruined the mood.
>>
>>25680732
>shit pokemon

ebin. haven't heard that one before
>>
>>25678647
Ive only played Pt so I cant judge D/P properly since Pt "fixed" a lot of issues I read often

XY had so much promise but fell flat in a number of ways already beaten to death here but for sake of discussion
>bad level scaling even sans exp share
>poor progression distro
first 2 badges were amazing but the rest of the game felt like a speed run
>bland af leaders, especially disappointing after Gen 5
>a new low of 72 new pokemon, even more emphasized by being diluted by literal hundreds of old ones
Dont get me wrong, I like diversity and options but the ratio of new:old mons compounded by genwun pandering (a separate complaint by itself) really took a lot out of those measly 72
>new heights of genwun pandering
kanto starters, lapras, snorlax, winged mirages, mewtwo in a cave, viridian forest 2.0, junior oak, kyo, saffron gym 2.0
>poor mega execution
>lucario throat-shoving
>sky battles
>inaccessible areas like rhyhorn racing, other power plant entrances
>>
>>25680923
>a fucking ice cream cone
>furfag bait
>mlp shit
>genie shit
>idol shit
>literal trash

I loved Gen V's bugs but the rest of the new pokemon were terrible
>>
>>25680991

wow, didn't know Gen. 5 only consisted of six kinds of Pokemon.

>furfag bait

what the hell are you talking about?
>>
>>25678647
There has yet to be a single nonbait/retarded reason why one hates Gen V.
>>
>>25680991
actually Keldeo came out before the "mlp shit" you're talking about
>>
>>25681017
A lot of complaints I've read up on was that the first two games in Gen V didn't allow for any previous gen mon until post game. While I can see where they're coming from with this, over the years you do get attached to certain Pokemon, having a team full of brand new Pokemon is what makes a new generation exciting for me.

This is why I couldn't get into Gen VI all that much. Not only did the small amount of new Pokemon introduced made this hard for me, but the fact only old Pokemon mega evolved practically encouraged it. I want to save the use of using older Pokemon on second playthroughs or in remakes, not the first time I'm playing a new gen.
>>
Gen 4. Inb4 genwunner, my fav gen is 5.

Had a long hiatus of pokemon after gen 3. I was very hyped to try the new game and bought platinium. but the pokemon designs (which are the feature I like the most about the series), the region, the characters... I could hardly get into it... Just not feeling it. I tried my best to reach the league and enjoyed a bit better the wifi and postgame but meh. It was like playing a different game, I can't explain this feeling.
>>
Gen IV.
Really shit selection of mons, many of which were babbies and add ons, shit region, too many HMs, ultra shit story that was pretty much a lazier version of gen 3 but without the multiple antagonist teams gimmick to make it stand out.
>>
I liked all the ones I played.
But I skipped 5 and It doesn't seem like I missed much.
>>
File: 1457757012621.png (149KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1457757012621.png
149KB, 600x450px
I don't hate it but its the weakest for me. Too few Pokemon I like. And tropical settings are vastly overdone in video games. Also there was nothing that really stood out, it just happened.
>>
As much as I shit on the designs of Gen V I'm going to have to go with VI for most disappointing.

Felt like everything was half-assed. Even the models which you know they put so much work into just didn't do much for me that quality sprites can't accomplish.
>>
Gen III for sure.
>Shit map
>Although added some good mons, added a lot of shit too
>Story was lacking
>Start of bad legendaries like space aids Deoxys
>Water everywhere
>>
>>25678647
Gen 5

Basically the moment Pokemon went downhill as a series and never really recovered.
>crappy dex full of shitmons that evolve way too late and are thus unfun to use
>terrible starters
>fucked up online (when it still existed)
>terrible linear railroaded region
>ugly muddled graphics
>ugly low effort vector animations
>objectively bad music
>the single most horrible side games in the entire franchise (dream world, entralink, musicals)
>tons of boring characters that are about as deep as a kiddy pool and ruin the pacing of the game by stopping you every 5 seconds (which is something that unfortunately also carried over to XY)
BW2 was better in many aspects but didn't manage to fix the majority of the fundamental flaws I had with the first games.
>>
>>25680365
>when the gym leaders actually do something
>having a shitty cutscene of them doing a simple, mundane for each that is just a waste of time is them actually doing something
Wow. Nice fucking meme you underage. Also a few good lines of 'mons doesn't instantly make a gen the best.
Also,
>OR/AS are worst remakes
>when FR/LG exists
Nice bait
>>
generation 1

it's fucking generation 1, its a mess that lacks the content of its predecessors
>>
Gen IV. It's the generation I missed out on to begin with, and when I tried to get into it a few years later it just didn't keep my attention.
>>
>>25678757
how can anyone think hoenn is a shit region? it's the most varied environmentally
>>
>>25681254
What? If anything, Pokemon peaked with Gen V.
>>
>>25681325
Hoenn is my favorite region, but I assume some people might not like the entensive HM usage (which imo adds to the exploration but to each his own) and water routes, which are simply not varied enough both when it comes to Pokemon selection and the route design itself (the fast current one being like the only notable exception).
>>
as a generation as a whole, I like gen 3 the least. I fucking hate hoenn as a region, Brendan and May are the worst looking protags, and the awful GBA music was ear cancer. FRLG were better than hoenn at least but I still dislike them compared to RBY. the music is ruined the sevii islands are shit and "what? Golbat stopped evolving!" is the worst fucking thing in any game ever.

I like hoenn more than I like johto but the everything else in the gens featuring johto make it better than gen 3. gen 6 also vastly improved hoenn (fuck the battle frontier) and the music is infinitely superior on the 3DS than the GBA.
>>
>>25681349
>extensive HM

I wouldn't call it extensive when sinnoh exists. Also, diving was the shit
>>
>>25678647
Gen 4. The battling (at least in the game I played, Diamond) was SLOW AS FUCK.
>>
>>25681345
>Masuda literally said in an interview that they significantly dumbed down BW because focus tests told them kiddies find Platinum too hard
>UIDF still in denial
LEL
>>
>>25681357
then they dumbed it down again in gen 6? christ
>>
File: image.png (13KB, 465x119px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
13KB, 465x119px
>>25681351
>gen 6 also vastly improved hoenn
>fuck the battle frontier
>>
>>25681368
>Exp Share you can't get rid off (key item) right after the first Gym which comes turned on by default
What do you think?
>>
Gen 2 imo.
>Games feel slow as heck
>Feels like there are too many pokemon from gen I, generally low pokemon variety
>Literally grinding: the game.
>Team rocket AGAIN
>Never really likes OST(But i know many people did)
>WHIRPOOL
>>
>>25678647
Gen 5

This is when I started to be get disaponted at pokemon
Boring SLow
Shitty Pokemon roster its yugioh tier, I only like emolga
SJW tier story
non main canon
Aging badly
Worst Map
the graphics are shit
Its the gen that we really don't need it they could have given us Gen 6 tier graphics but no, they stick with pixelated 2d WTF?
I didn't even finish Black, It didin't draw me in

EPIC FAIL
>>
>>25681357
Cynthia was difficult for Pokemon standards, I guess. But what does that have to do with anything?
>>
>>25678647
Gen 2.

I didn't get to play it until after gen 3, so for me it didn't have that expansion of gen 1 feel to it that a lot of people liked. Johto was tiny and somehow had even shittier HMs than Sinnoh (fucking whirlpool), a lot of the new Pokemon had no moves, shit stats or both, and most of the good mons you could actually get before post game were gen 1. On top of that the pathetic level curve makes all of the route trainers incredibly boring to battle, but also makes them mandatory if you don't want to be horribly underlevelled for the bosses.
>>
Gen 4

Didn't play it when it initially launched. Borrowed diamond of a friend and cruised through it and just wasn't too impressed.

But then I played platinum and liked it way more.

and of course HG/SS was really good.

so its actually not bad to me but probably the gen i've spent least time playing.

I also think X/Y have the worst story.
>>
>>25681378
>grinding: the game

what the fuck? it's the easiest gen alongside 6
>>
Gen 5

Didn't enjoy the pokemon
Introduced the shit exp system
Too many interruptions/cutscenes
Didn't like the story or the legendaries
semi 3d graphics were shit
The world was aesthetically unappealing
Side games were terrible
>>
Gen 5.

Most of the new Mons were really bland, hated the enemy team, N is annoying as fuck Mary Sue bullshit.

The only good thing to come of it were dreamworld abilities.
>>
>>25678647
Gen V
Shit designed pokemon gets all the right stats
Awesomely designed pokemon gets shit stats
overall shit designs
bad story
B2W2. Why. I hate it because they're trying to jew us instead of giving Kyurem its original form. Instead we get like 75% of its original form.
>>
>>25681435
Not disagreeing with your gen choice but
>Shit designed pokemon gets all the right stats
>Awesomely designed pokemon gets shit stats
That's just Pokemon in a nutshell. They have to give the shit looking Pokemon good stats, otherwise they would all end up as a fodder for those "the most forgettable Pokemon" threads that frequently pop out on /vp/
>>
>>25678647
Gen 1

-Gen 2 is better for nostalgia
-Glitched the fuck up
-No real ghost/dragon/bug/psychic moves so almost every mon's moves are stab/normal move/status move/status move
-Garbage sprite work
-Special stat

I could go on, but you get the idea.
>>
File: 1458395275914.gif (546KB, 255x255px) Image search: [Google]
1458395275914.gif
546KB, 255x255px
Gen 1. Besides it being all fucked up and it making no sense, I feel the pokemon design is really dull. I was so jealous to my friend for getting Silver, until I got Ruby. Gen 3 and 5 are my fav
>>
File: 1448067293897.jpg (616KB, 1367x1367px) Image search: [Google]
1448067293897.jpg
616KB, 1367x1367px
>>25678647
Gen 5.

The new pokemon were half good and half bad, but because there were no old pokemon they all felt divorced from the pokemon experience. Gen 6 made the Gen 5 pokemon feel more like real pokemon than in their own gen.

The aesthetics were wonky, too many bright colours and design language. Moving sprites were functional but made the battles a blur of pixels, becoming more blurry the more pokemon that participated.

The region was the worst by far, literally a path and didn't make any attempt to hide it. The choice to include a desert in the middle of the region initially and Hawaii, Mexico and a volcano in literal spare areas of the map in the sequel makes it feel fake. Hoenn and Sinnoh did a variety of environments but both put them together in a cohesive way. Unova's is a patchwork map and it feels unreal. I'm unsure if Kalos has the same problem or the map artwork is just terrible. I think apart from the badlands it all was fine enough.

The story was forced, legends were terrible, was a bring experience, etc.

I just didn't like it. 6 is not stellar but I think XY are closer to my ideal pokemon experience. 4 (Platinum) has been my personal favourite game since it came out. BW just wasn't for me.
>>
>>25678647
gen 4
everything was alright except for the gameplay slow af
ruined this gen for me till this day
>>
>>25681585
I don't get it. So you're just impatient? As a game Platinum is a contender for best in the series. If the engine is the worst thing about it it still is far above the worst gen. Other gens can have much more scathing stuff said about them in all honestly.
>>
>>25681621
>n-no you're not allowed to hate muh favorite!

Sorry, Sinnohfetus. Not even that guy but gen 4's shit engine drags the whole thing down. Playability is paramount and gen 4's playability is down there with gen 1, without any of the quality region design to make up for it. Sinnoh is ass to traverse and HGSS Johto is just as bad. Platinum was a more functional game, but still low tier on the whole.

t. OG Bluefag
>>
>>25681672
>fetus

And yet you're the one acting like a child. Just because you bought Blue on the Virtual Console a month ago with your mommy's credit card doesn't mean you're an OG.

Sinnoh is better designed than Kanto and if a one second wait compared to the other games makes it the worst generation you need to stop kidding yourself.
>>
>>25681256
>starts blindly using "Nice meme"
>calls others underage for no reason

God, the irony.
>>
>>25678680
Wow, I had no idea someone could be this rampantly gay even on 4chins.
>>
>>25681750
Post boipu55i, fag
>>
File: image.jpg (51KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
51KB, 250x250px
>>25681382
>the only Gen. 5 Pokemon I like is the Pikaclone
>having taste this bad
>EPIC FAIL
>>
File: 1446491262109.jpg (150KB, 1046x716px) Image search: [Google]
1446491262109.jpg
150KB, 1046x716px
>>25681781
>EPIC FAIL

Damn kids
>>
>>25678680

>hating gen 2 the best gen

Kill yourself.

Gen 2 was the first game to have 2 regions
>>
>>25682087
Shut up nostalgia fag gen 2 was shit.
>>
>>25681357
>>Masuda literally said in an interview that they significantly dumbed down BW because focus tests told them kiddies find Platinum too hard

>not knowing that it was the region that was dumbed down and the game has some of the better team composition just without the obligatory double pokemon
>Also changed the way Exp was calculated so you couldn't over grind unlike in other games
>>
>>25679618
It's amazing what they did with the GBA games sound wise, this shit is great.
>>
File: 1456398713696.jpg (67KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
1456398713696.jpg
67KB, 450x450px
>it's an almost completely unsubtle genwar thread
>>
definitely gen vi
shit pokemon designs
bland environment
boring characters
uninteresting evil team
forgettable ost
non-existent post-game

laverre and anistar were the only towns worth remembering
and character customization was amazing but lackluster
>>
>>25678647
D/P/P

Couldnt get into the games. At all. B/W was slightly better tho still struggled. All the DS games i had a hard time with. HG/SS was ok.
>>
Thinly veiled genwar bait thread.

Every generation had it's ups and downs.
>>
>>25678647
Gen IV (excluding HG and SS)

It's the generation that turned me off of Pokemon for a long time. To me the Pokemon were so uninspired and boring, especially all those third evolutions they shoehorned in for electabuzz, magmar, etc. Maybe it was just that these games came out right as I started high school and I was growing out of it, idk. I played pearl first and then came back to it with platinum and ended up liking it a little more. But on the whole I think gen V was a lot better in terms of trying something a little more fresh.
>>
>>25679869
>Atrocious graphics
You're not even trying,are you?
nah,why would you
>>
>>25678647
Probably Gen 2 now with the advent of all of the new pokemon/mechanics that it's missing. GSC are huge nostalgia trips for me, they're my first games, but they're just not as fun to replay since HGSS do everything that they do, but better. RBY is fun for all of the weird mechanical differences like special, crits being insane, and stuff like that. Though it's a close second for my least favorite since it's aged like milk.

If any of gen 2 got a VC release I'd play them to death.

6 feels really incomplete, with its lazy battle facility and piss-easy postgame even by pokemon standards. I thought ORAS were good remakes, even if they didn't have a BF, but the entire gen just feels really lacking in a lot of ways.

Gen 4 was objectively the worst until HGSS/Pt.
>>
Gen 6
because it's shit and too easy even for Pokemon.
all of those annoying fucking friends they force onto you.
I hardly remember anything unique about Kalos,. Kalos and Unova have just sort of blended together in my mind. But Unova at least had one or two memorable locations.
Kalos had nothing, such a bland region.
>>
Gen 1. There's no way I can return to playing that slow and broken shit. It was really only good because we didn't know better. Every gen from there made gameplay advances because there was so many stuff wrong with older gens.
>>
>>25681512
>not liking missingo
But for real, I feel like a lot of that could be forgiven given the fact that it was the first game and they didn't really have an idea of how to do it properly. You can definitely criticize Yellow or Gen 2 for those failings and say they didn't learn from their mistakes, what with the cloning and all.
>>
>>25682935
I understand being able to appreciate a game for its flaws since it was first, but it doesn't really change the fact that it has those flaws in the first place. That's why I'm personally not that into Gen 1, I prefer FRLG for my RBY kick.
>>
4 > 2 > 3 > 6 > 5 > 1

1 is worst just because I replayed blue recently and god fucking hell it's bad.

Btw I'm counting the remakes as part of the generation they came out in. Meaning that firered and leafgreen are gen 3 not gen 1.

But if we're saying that firered and leafgreen are gen 1 then gen 5 is the worst. Fuck that game. Fuck all things Black and White.
>>
It was gen4 at first because it kinda disappointed me by how bland it was after RSE, but Pt eventually grew on me and I liked HGSS.

Now I'd say gen6 for two reasons.
The first is that GF started to walk the right path in BW2 only undo all of that in XY, becoming the generation with the worst handholding.
The second is that ORAS got influenced by this shit, being made in what are probably the worst GF years. Hoenn is my favorite region and I was very disappointed by the remakes, they're literally Missed Opportunities: the Pokemon Edition.
>>
>>25682087
Yeah, two half-assed regions instead of a great, single one. Do I need to remind you how shitty Kanto was both on GSC and HGSS? Barren. Trainers with lvl 50 pokés and lvl 2 wild pokémon. Deserted caves and routes. Blocked places.
>>
>>25678647
ice cream
>>
I used to dislike gen 5 because of some terrible pokemon designs.
But man oh man, gen 6 was so much worse with its "epic" story, bland region, and horrible pokemon designs.
Megas also did not help.
>>
Gen 5 tried to be too edgy. Graphics are too dark, region is too dark feeling, pokemon even look edgy/grimdark. Story was good, pacing was off, overall very underwhelming approach at what should have been the best story of all pokemon. The not-quite-3D, shitty sprites and awful background make it a visual fucking mess too.
>>
>>25683032
Wow. That's such an original opinion and what a great reason not to like an entire generation!

Seriously, you fucking children need to grow up and form your own opinions of things rather than trying to fit in and be cool.
>>
Gen V, by far
Bland linear region, shitty pokemon designs, boring characters...
I liked Gen IV and Gen VI, but Gen V felt like a hole between these two mounts
>>
>>25683122

epic
>>
File: 2azs.jpg (10KB, 155x160px) Image search: [Google]
2azs.jpg
10KB, 155x160px
>>25683117
>>25683163
How buttdesvasted can one Unovabortion be?
>>
I feel like gen 6 is the right answer, but I'm having fun playing it. So I'm gonna say gen 4
>>
Gen 4

Horrible region, characters (aside of Cynthia) , evil team and new Pokémon.

The only good thing was HGSS.
>>
>>25679065
This. Gen V had the best engine and the best quality of life improvements and is probably the best platform so far on which to play Pokémon. It also had a pretty strong pokedex.

And I'll probably never actually play them again, because the shit plot, the awful characters, the railroady design, and the just generally artery-slicingly painful writing make it impossible to engage with and actively unfun to play through. I was rolling my eyes through the entire game each and every time I've gone through it.
>>
>>25683281
Forgot to mention that in spite of this Gen VI is far and away my least favorite gen. X might actually be the least fun video game I've ever played, and I consider it the worst Nintendo title (in terms of writing, difficulty, ability to engage, and general game design) I've played by a wide, wide margin.
>>
>>25678647
Gen5

Pixels
N is a Faggot and a Meme
Boring slow story
Dragons look like power ranger villans
Ugliest Pokémon Designs ever
Shitty map design
>>
>>25683281
>>25683361
Is there still hope for the future?
>>
>>25680991
>literal shit

What about muk?
>>
File: Unova_Route_18_Summer_BW.png (558KB, 1202x970px) Image search: [Google]
Unova_Route_18_Summer_BW.png
558KB, 1202x970px
I don't think I have a least favourite, but after being spoiled by the fantastic spritework in HGSS, the overworld sprites left a bad taste in my mouth in BW/2. The almost T-pose in a bunch of sprites looked awkward, and there were a lot of other tileset-related things that looked weird. I can't actually remember much of the story since I only played through Black once years ago, so I won't comment on that.
>>
>>25681419
Well to get to Red
>>
>>25681422
Exp system? The one that stops you from over leveling your starter?
>>
>>25682340
>literally a downgrade from gen 4
>"you're not even trying"
How far will unovabortions go before they give up on damage control?
>>
File: image.jpg (49KB, 555x644px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
49KB, 555x644px
6 > 2 > 4 > 3 > 5 > 1
If you don't agree with this you're an autist who doesn't play Pokémon as it's intended
>>
Gen 1. Considering it's held together at the seams, it aging like shit wasn't a surprise.
>>
>>25684584
How far will Sinnohfetuses and Hoennbabies go before they stop spouting memes like children and learn to think for themselves instead of riding the bandwagon to look cool?
>>
>>25678719
>least favorite
>never played them
I'll be honest, Gen 5 was my least favorite, but saying a game is your least favorite because you didn't play it is bullshit. Go play them anon. What do you have going on that's more important than playing Pokemon?
>>
>>25679853
But, Anon, Gen 4 gave you the power to trade Pokemon and battle with your friend in London while you were NOT in London.
>>
>>25684616

Holy fucking shit.
Look around this thread, soak in the Gen 6 hate, and then refer to your clusterfuck ''ranking''

I don't care what Pokemon games people like best, but if they fucking DARE put Gen 6 at the TOP of all places, they clearly like easy childrens games that hand out strong Pokemon to you for free like it's your fucking birthday. Gen 6 were the most bland, fanservice games I've ever played.

? > ? > ? > ? > 6 > 1
is the correct order
>>
>>25684818
>easy children's games
>EASY CHILDREN'S GAMES
You just named Pokémon in it's whole. Now fuck off you autist. If you treat Pokémon like an actual game and not just something you play when you have absolutely nothing else to do, including playing a legitimate game, you're an autist and your opinion is invalid. Plus gen 5 rightfully has probably the most hate in this thread.
>>
>>25684818
>easy childrens games
Every Pokemon game.

>hand out strong Pokemon to you for free
You don't have to use them.
>>
Gen 3 because I'm a completely tasteless faggot
>>
>>25684853

>Plus gen 5 rightfully has probably the most hate in this thread.

Nope, as usual it's just the few people who do hate Gen 5 making it extremely open and complaining. It's always the people who hate Gen 5 that act like they have a cucumber shoved up their ass at all times.
>reeeeee pokemon designs i personally dislike = bad game!

oh, wait
>gen 5 rightfully has probably the most hate in this thread.
>rightfully

Well, that explains a lot about you.

Also, buzzwords aside, Pokemon games can and HAVE been challenging in the past. It wasn't always ''HEY ANON, YOU'RE REAL SWELL HAVE A FREE LUCARIO, AND ANOTHER STARTER, AND MEGA STONES TO GO WITH YOUR STARTER AND YOUR LUCARIO, AND A MEWTWO, AND A LATIOS!''
>>
>>25684769
>Hoennbabies
>the tasteless faggot you're talking to only talks about gen5 and gen4
This is beyond paranoid.
>>
>>25684616
kek, if you invert the order from 6 to 5 you get my exact opinion.
>>25684818
Anon, look at his image, I think he's just having some fun.
>>
>>25678757
The thing that really pissed me off about gen 3 was the locked-behind-events pokes. I thought I had to do some quest like the regis but nope, you have to buy another game for it. The days before wifi were shit.
>>
>>25678647
Gen 3, Hoenn.
I have nothing against the Pokemon or the music, its just that the region itself is fucking tedious.
Like, I know that D and P are slow, but at least the region itself is full of neat little things and actually does feel like an adventure, similar to Kanto and Johto. In hoen (and Unova to an extent) it just feels like you are going from Point A to Point B through a boring road.
>>
Heeeyyy now, come on you guys, let's not fight over something so trivial! Who cares what you think the best gen is, all that matters is that we enjoy such a great and long running series with such a wide audience. Let's just get along!

lets not lie to ourselves though its so obvious that Gen 5 was the best I mean come on, Black/White 2 were too perfect to ignore, and B/W are easily the best first pair in the franchise without a doubt, despite the linearity and the odd terrible design. Yeah okay Platinum and Heartgold/Soulsilver were also good but D/P were too mediocre to give Gen 4 the crown.

there is no need to be upset
>>
I let a friend borrow Black, HG, and Diamond who had never played pokemon. The first one he gave back was Black. I thought he had beat it. He said, "I don't want to play this one. It's really boring. I'm enjoying HG though, it looks like Pokemon has come a long way since Black."
>>
>>25678647
Gen 3
The dex sucks, no transferable pokémon from gen 2.
>>
>>25685021
I agree with this whole post. Hate when people hate on BW1 since desu I kinda liked it more than BW2, even though I understand objectively why most consider it the best in the series. I still think Platinum and HGSS are a little overrated though.
>>
>>25685020
Don't get me wrong, I respect your opinion and I love Sinnoh as a region.
I just want to say that it kinda amazes me that the region with the arguably biggest adventuring feeling felt, well, "adventureless" to you.
>>
>>25685074
When the adventure is nothing but "surf to this point and encounter 20 swimmers along with tentacool and pelipper", it starts to drag a little
>>
>>25685021
I just wanted to say that you could not have made me more mad. The pacing of that post was absolutely perfect.
This is true 10/10 bait.
>>
>>25685074
I would hardly call surfing from point a to b an adventure. Now, I liked the ashy road, and finding the Regis, but everything else was pretty boring desu.
>>
>>25685082

you're welcome friend

I'd just like to remind you that I also meant everything I said sincerely. I especially enjoyed typing the one specific sentence that made you most mad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygr5AHufBN4
>>
>>25685080
>>25685086
I admit the water routes, while I loved diving and shit, are one of the most linear parts of any pokemon game.
But don't dismiss the rest of the region for 5-7 at the end of the game.

If you found the island boring, welp, to each their own I guess.
>>
>>25685118
5-7 water routes I meant
>>
>>25684853
>Plus gen 5 rightfully has probably the most hate in this thread.

step up your shitposting technique senpai.
>>
>>25683376
>Ugliest Pokémon Designs ever

ebin
>>
File: image.png (88KB, 320x181px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
88KB, 320x181px
>>25683170
>unironically uses Unovabortion
>is a frogposter
>>
>>25678647
Gen 6 or 2 honestly

HGSS was great but gold silver were just pretty lame on their own

Crystal was pretty good though though not as good as emerald
>>
Gen 4 because I only played Diamond and didn't like most of the new pokemon (starters, legendaries) and it felt really slow overall.

First game was Red, currently playing Omega Ruby and enjoying it greatly.
Favorite Gen is 3.
>>
>>25685234

>honestly hating Gen V
I'll never understand it, especially when people hold up such shitty generic games like D/P or XY as better, or even worse sucking the dick of the first two.

from Platinum to BW2 it was one long golden age of Pokemon but I think people hate anything different which is why GF did a total 180 for XY creating such a casual mess.
>>
>>25685354

I agree with you. I have no idea what people see in XY especially. It's literally the babbies first Pokemon game.

>did a total 180

don't you mean 79?
>>
>>25685368
I mean it went from trying to provide a fresh experience to outright pandering to genwunners and non-fans who played a decade ago

the diversity of pokemon to catch is fine an all but it also really detracts from the individual game since you usually end up with just the same team of "bros" as always.
>>
File: ONITA.gif (2MB, 500x370px) Image search: [Google]
ONITA.gif
2MB, 500x370px
>>25680732
>shit beep beep music
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LB87TndHlFg
>>
>>25685418
What's wrong with allowing people to do that?
If they want to use the same Pokemon over and over, there's nothing wrong with that.
If they want to use nothing but new Pokemon, there's nothing wrong with that, either.

That's specifically way Kalos had the best Pokedex in the series. There is no "right" way to play the game. Allowing people to make the choice, rather than making that choice for them, was the best decision possible.

>>25685354
Gen V has the most intrusive story of any game in the series, and they did a terrible job of making me want to do what they wanted me to do. By having Team Flare show up far less than Team Plasma, I didn't mind when they showed up at all. In B/W and B2/W2, I hated almost all of the game, and I ended up resenting the parts I did like for giving me a taste of a good game surrounded by absolute shit.

Other than forcing you to use only new Pokemon, Gen V didn't do anything different. Each Pokemon game up until that point made the story more and more of a focus, and it came to a head and became ridiculously frustrating in Gen V.
Hopefully, they'll make a more lax, low stakes adventure like Gen I again, at least once. A game where if you don't want to fight the evil team of the week again right away, you can go and do something else. A game where if your team doesn't match up well against the next gym, you can go to a different one. A game where you can choose which path you want to take to get to the next town, even if it's just the once.
I will always hold FR/LG as the epitome of the series until we get another game that does this, or a straight reremake of Gen I that doesn't fuck with what made Kanto special.
The "Golden age of Pokemon" was FR/LG to HG/SS. Then came the dark ages of Gen V.
>>
I've played all gens besides 2, and I say Gen 6 for sure. All it is, is fan service and the "plot" is awful. Everything is forgettable and too easy.
>>
File: 1433731763377.jpg (49KB, 650x427px) Image search: [Google]
1433731763377.jpg
49KB, 650x427px
>>25681382
literally spewing memes
>>
>>25678647
I'll have to say gen 6 because twice, I've gotten too bored to bother finishing it after catching Xerneas.
>>
4&5
>DS was a shitty console desu
>didn't care for the character-oriented plot
>things like "beat the game in 10 days for best results"
>I felt alienated from the fans my age; they were majorly manchildren or had mental issues
>didn't care for the Pokémon designs (tho Joltik line is great imo)

Bonus points for following Pokémon though.

I like gen 6 (at least, XY), though. Customization and the art style, Ami, and the 3D models tickled my fancy.
>>
File: 1455939416191.jpg (616KB, 762x642px) Image search: [Google]
1455939416191.jpg
616KB, 762x642px
>>25678757
i fully agree

there isnt a single pokemon in the franchise i dislike but some hoenn mons come pretty close. People who grew up with gen3 wont understand that but thats completely understandable. Everyone likes the game he played while growing up (its gen4 for me, i love that gen to death) (im 19 before someone asks)

also its funny how people who like...
>III often hate IV
>IV often hate V
>VI often hate V

just something i noticed while browsing this board

for me personally the games released on the DS are the best ones(including remakes) but thats completely subjective. Worst ones are ORAS, completely forgettable shit. XY wasnt as good as expected but it wasnt a trainwreck like ORAS
>>
>>25680991
oh no that shit again

ice cream is GOAT plebston, sorry that there werent enough cool dragons and cool wolves for you. Not every pokemon needs to look badass. Some silly designs improve the game
>>
File: 1445709404082.png (189KB, 480x424px) Image search: [Google]
1445709404082.png
189KB, 480x424px
>>25678647
I dont care about the history , but I hate all the gens with an awful pokemon distribution So I didnt liked gen 2 , 3 and 4 .

I like the idea of playing only with unova mons in unova and BW2 handled this thing better

X and Y were bad pokemon games but the gameplay itself was pretty good
>>
>>25684915
>my only reason as to why I don't like gen 5 is because of the atrocious Pokémon designs
Wow you really are a blind retard. Kill yourself, unovabortion.
>>
File: hutz.png (172KB, 331x384px) Image search: [Google]
hutz.png
172KB, 331x384px
>people ITT unironically care about the plot in a Pokemon game.

Apex kek. You play Pokemon for the gameplay, not an intelligent story.
>>
>>25686185
Yeah, which makes Gen V even worse because 90% of the game is mashing A.
If there was a romhack that completely removed Gen V's story, I'd definitely play it and see how much that improves things.
>>
>>25686185

I would like to have both. Why even have a single player campaign if you're going to half ass the story? Not that pokemon stories are good, I always find myself in awe when people say they play pokemon for the human characters, because it's always this garbage nothing of a story where all the characters are either one note, or to bland to even have one note.
>>
>>25683384
Y

I think that the main reason that so much of /vp/ likes the story, characters and writing of BW and XY is because a lot of the board is underaged. BW is arguably the most generic and tropey game in terms of writing, and so many elements feel tired and uninspired to older players who have seen those things many times before. Someone who is younger and hasn't interacted with as many stories like that is more likely to be drawn in just by the fact that the narrative is bigger in scope and has a facsimile of an idealistic conflict.
>>
>>25685748
>What's wrong with allowing people to do that?
because what's the point of the new game then?
if I wanted to play the same thing over and over I'd just go play one of the remakes or originals of the first/second gen.

if you want to have your own autism fun carrying over the same 6 pokemon for 20 years then that's what trading is for, but I'd rather have a new game with new ideas than GF trying to feed off decades old pokemania and release shit like XY where the single player game is far more annoying and also incredibly boring/nonsensical not to mention easy as fuck coming off of BW2
>>
>>25686609
>The way I play Pokemon is the CORRECT way to play Pokemon!
Get over yourself.
>>
>>25686375
First, the number or people that defend BW is vastly bigger than those who defend or liked XY, you're just doing a disservice to your "argument" if you group them together.
Second, the majority of people who liked BW, didn't liked it for the stupid story.
Last:
>Someone who is younger and hasn't interacted with as many stories like.......
This is, by far, the most conceited and bigheaded piece of text I've read in this board in years. I don't know if that was your intention or is just the way you wrote it, but congratulations.

And don't misunderstand me, I'm not defending BW's story, I never liked it.
>>
>>25686185
I like a plot to exist there

honestly idk how people can be content with gyms/league and that's it (i.e copying gen1 story forever)

the story in 4 was so convoluted and forgettable, Galactic was such a shit team.

it seems that people love 4-6 the most because they force all old Pokemon down your throat and try their best to pander to pick genwunners
>>
>>25686648
if you want the same gave forever why not just play the same game forever?

why make new games at all if they are just going to be pushed to the background in an attempt to capitalize on nostalgia?
>>
>>25686712
I really think you're just baiting at this point, because no one could be this dense.
>>
Gen VI. It marked the point that the formula truly began to feel stale. XY offered lots of Pokemon variety, which made the games pretty unbalanced and easy as a result. Whose idea was it to give rivals and gym leaders incomplete movesets? And how about that non-existent post-game?

ORAS needs no explanation. So much wasted potential.
>>
>>25686735
because your arguments are just "its not the same as old games"
>>
>two gimped regions with nothing really too much to provide
>worst level scaling in existence
>worst legendaries and trio in the terms of stats
>next to no interesting villains or story other than Silver

Gen 2 gets circle jerked like a mother fucker because it's sort of this sweet spot of nostalgia. For people well in their 20's, it was the first Pokemon game they played and enjoyed before "It became cool to hate Pokemon", and for most 18 year olds here who were 12 when the remakes came out, it was maybe most of everyone's first exposure to the franchise.

Introduced neat ideas, but it's neck to neck with Gen 3 as the weakest in the franchise. I think people are blinded too much with the Kanto content to realize how dull these games are. Only good thing they added in the remake was the Pokemon Follower stuff, other than that, it was the same blandness and overall censorship.
>>
>>25680732

>linear region

Johto is quite literally a straight line, might not be as notorious as Gen V's map, but Johto has no Saffron City and it's just all about going from Point A to Point B.
>>
>>25687348
You can (and should) choose to go to Mahogany Town before Olivine City, which makes it at least a bit non-linear.
>>
>>25686658
Sorry m8, didn't mean to come across as conceited. I just meant that when you're younger you haven't seen a lot of classic "hero's journey" fantasy stories, it seems fresher than it does when you've seen more of them. It's the same reason that I thought Naruto was this profound and incredible story when I was thirteen, but if I were to see it for the first time today I'd probably think it was stale and boring. That doesn't mean I'm better than a young kid, just that I've seen it before and so I don't find the archetype as interesting unless it does something different or special to distinguish itself or draw me in.

BW presents this very generic and frankly perfectly serviceable "chosen one saves the world" story, but it doesn't then do anything different or interesting with it or build anything engaging on that narrative platform. The platform itself isn't that interesting when the exact same milquetoast thing is in so many other games, movies and books.

I probably didn't phrase the thing about XY well. I specifically meant that I see a lot of defense for the STORY elements of XY. BW are clearly the stronger games.
>>
>>25689295
Probably a better analogy, and one I hope you'll find a little less objectionable: I first saw that movie John Wick with my dad, who grew up with Die Hard and Rambo and all those classic action movies. I thought it was totally fucking awesome, but he wasn't super impressed because he's spent like thirty years watching action movies and didn't think it did anything special to distinguish itself. That doesn't make my opinion less valid: it was just a fresher format to me.
>>
>>25685931
Not true, I grew up playing 3 and it is my least favorite gen.
>>
>>25678647
Gen 1 just couldn't stand the test of time. Region is boring, and compared to the mons of more recent years, the Kanto critters are just getting more and more forgettable.
>>
>>25690978

>any Kanto pokemon
>forgettable

You say that, but they're all still probably the most popular pokemon of all time, and gamefreak knows it.
>>
Diamond specifically for me.

I played Yellow > Crystal > Ruby/FireRed > Diamond/SoulSilver > Black/Black 2 > X/Y/ORAS.

I played the hell out of Gen 3, beating both versions multiple times, but going into Gen 4, I only played through it once and didn't really invest much time into Diamond. It's weird because I remember thinking a few different cities in Sinnoh were really cool, and clearly remembering some of the great songs (Cynthia's challenger music, obviously), and really enjoying some of the in-game events, and especially went crazy over searching for the mythicals online, oh and I also had fun playing around the underground with my friends, but I never really connected with the generation.

I feel like it has mostly to do with the starters. They're my least-favorite trio of the series, and for some reason, switching the Pokemon Team page from the leader to the left with one column of everyone else, to two columns of three each really bothered me at the time.

Thinking back though, I still really enjoyed my time with the Sinnoh region. And you know what, thinking back fondly on my time in Sinnoh despite not being able to remember much will probably be a blessing in disguise for when they remake D/P/Pt.
>>
>>25678647
Gen V. I really like the feeling of culture within the regions and most of the towns felt uninteresting and N was the only character I could relate to.
>>
Generation Three. Going back in time to such an old era in Pokemon hurts now. The physical/special split was so important that the game is just unplayable without it,

- Bases weren't as fun an addition as they seemed, and were improved upon ten fold in Sinnoh.

- The Gyms, despite involving your father (which was a first for pokemon) were largely uninteresting when compared to the previous gen.

- The use of repeats in gyms and the elite four killed a lot of the excitement I had for the fights.

- This, combined with what I found to be largely mediocre music and zone design just killed it for me. Gen one and two were pretty bad as well, but I can give gen one some slack because it was the first, and the gen2 remakes are my favorite games in the series.
>>
>>25681423
You obviously have no fucking idea what a Mary Sue is :/
>>
>>25678647
Gen 5. It wasn't terrible but lacked appealing pokemon I get that other gens have had terrible designed pokemon but gen 5 had the most. Also the evil team was stupid let's free all pokemon by battling. Also the only game to feature only pokemon from its region was a bad call considering most were unappealing. We did However get infinite tms this game so lucky us and at least they tried something new even if it did suck.
>>
>>25691448
I can honestly say that I had to look up what pokemon were in gen 1 and I thought half of them were from gen 2.

But yeah, gen 1 is the worst, It's aged like spoiled milk.
>>
>>25689295
>>25689366
Intelligent, well-drawn and civil arguments on my /vp/?

How?!?!
>>
Never played Gen1 in GB or Gen2 in their successor. But from the Virtual Console version I can tell Red and Green/Blue were and are the worst. Only reason I bought Virtual Yellow is to transfer to S&M with otherwise unavailable moves. Like Water Gun Nidoking and whatnot.
>>
Gen 3. Emerald and FR/LG are fine but I'm not a fan of the graphics, I don't like Hoenn as a region or it's music, I think the pokemon selection is mediocre at best, etc.

I used to valiantly hate Gen 1 just for the hell of it until I played it again a few months ago and it's fun to revist. I can't say the same about Hoenn.

>>25678833
Okay, sure, why not, but there's still far superior remakes already available to play on the system.
>>
Honestly, Gen 5.

At first it was 'cause it seemed to take fucking ever to even get started, but after having gone through them, I'm not sure what it is that sets me off but something doesn't sit right with me. I find it weird as shit considering how most tend to rave about how involved the narrative was. Maybe that has something to do with it? I dunno. Is weird.

That and a lot of that gen's listing was hit and miss with me. Don't hate 'em, just, meh.
>>
>>25693331
Aha yes, my plan is working. Soon everyone here will be polite and we will be able to state our opinions freely without insulting each other!
>>
>>25678647
Gen 6

The music, rivals, team, new pokemon, and world were all crap. The 3D models looks like hot garbage, and I can't stand mega evolutions.
>>
>>25694006
No we wont you fucking faggot
>>
>>25694080
Yes we will. Shut up, faggot.
>>
>>25693647
the graphics are weird and pixelated as hell, that's my main problem with gen 5.
>>
>>25694157
Okay
>>
I thought it was Gen VI but I'm playing through Y a second time and having a blast. shame about the lack of endgame.

I have to go with 4 because of the performance issues. I enjoyed the game itself but it's my least played gen because I couldn't stand the slow speed of the games. HGSS is exempt, those games were perfect.

>tfw you will never pokewalker again
>>
>>25694182
That's another point too. Not necessarily bad, and the effort having them move shows, but something about that is a bit odd to look at. I think I am one of those that lean more towards stationary sprites, or ones that have a minor little animation at the start.
>>
>>25683508
Yes, I hated it.
>>
Definitively gen 4

>Slow as fuck games
>Stupid pokemon designs Ambipom is the most hideous thing i've seen in my life
>Full of HMs
>Snow and Bog
>The problem Hoenn has with water, Sinnoh has with caves
>Shitty selection of pokemons in D/P dex
>Shit honey mechanic is the only way to get a Heracross or a Snorlax
>Introduced the cancer that is Lucario
>Too many Legendaries with weird designs (PENIS DRAGON LMAO)
>>
File: 1457167166878.gif (708KB, 408x303px) Image search: [Google]
1457167166878.gif
708KB, 408x303px
>all that hate on gen4

why famalams
>>
Gen V is for cucks
>>
DPPT. Diamond and Pearl were very slow, and while Platinum may have fixed that a bit, the speed was the least of the problems. The story (Yes, I get into the story of the games. Sue me.) combined with the power of the legends, was over the top even more than gen RSE was. I didn't find a single gym or E4 to be memorable except the champion battle with Cynthia. I hated the region's layout, especially the mountains and worst of all was the snow area leading to Snowpoint. The dex had very few new 'mons that I actually like. In fact I like most of the crossover evolutions better than the entirely new lines. The distortion world that so many gen 4 fans rave about was just stupid. So Giritina's whole thing is that it represents antimatter. Palkia represents space and Dialga represents time but we don't go into other dimmensions to find them. And why were the lake trio in the distortion world, even if they were just projections, if it's meant to be Giritina's safe haven? For that matter why did legends need to be so powerful they could control time, space and antimatter and become deities in the first place? Causing mass floods and droughts was bad enough but the lore for gen 4 legends seems like something a 10 year old boy would write. Going back to my problems with the dex, another one is lack of fire types. Only 1 new fire type line was introduced, making a total of 2 lines in the whole game. On top of that they made a fire type E4. For what fucking purpose? That's pants on head retarded.
>>
>All these children shitting on gen 5 because it's 'fun' and makes them 'cool'
At least you faggots came up with some new reasons to hate it other than just 'shit pokemon', even if you are literally making shit up and pulling shit out of your asses with your new reasons. But of course literally everyone in this thread hating on gen 5 either sticks with 'shit pokemon' or they copy paste each other's reasons. When are you going to grow up?
>>
>>25698092
Gen 5's 2.5D is shit. It works for routes but in order for an NPC's face to not be completely distorted, you have to be in pretty specific locations.
>>
>DS games getting shit on the most even though they are the best
>>
>ITT: shit-flinging at gen 5, even though it was the best gen.

seriously, gen 1 is overhyped dogshit and gen 5 is good.
>>
HG/SS > 2 > 3 > 4 > 1 > 6 > 5
>>
>>25698408
how can the first entry of something have hype to be "overhyped"
>>
>>25678647
Gen 5

The music, rivals, team, new pokemon, and world were all crap. The sprites looks like hot garbage, and I can't stand N
>>
>>25698507
TWO REGIONS
W
O

R
E
G
I
O
N
S
>>
>>25698105
it looks far better than the janky 3D in D/P which was ugly as hell and made all the NPCs look distorted and their heads look strange
>>
File: image.jpg (53KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
53KB, 625x626px
>>25698825
>>
>>25698825
>The music, rivals, team, new pokemon, and world were all crap

every single one of these was the most diverse and creative in the whole series. If you dont like it at least appreciate it
>>
>>25700502
ok to be fair i take back the rivals part desu

Cheren is a massive faggot. The BW2 sasuke guy is a little cooler but not "most creative" like i said
>>
Gen V and I

I because almost every other generation have more content, better region etc.

Gen V. Story was nice, but I felt that everything else just got the short end of the stick due to the focus of the story, Region was soo freaking small and the dex also. Routes are repetive and diversity was low. BW2 was good though.
>>
>>25701712
i feel the same about BW1 even though the story was kinda cool. I liked that they continued it a bit in BW2

BW2 was GOAT
Thread posts: 225
Thread images: 26

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.