[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What would make Pokemon Go a Day 1 buy for you?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 206
Thread images: 11

File: image.jpg (90KB, 1330x1030px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
90KB, 1330x1030px
What would make Pokemon Go a Day 1 buy for you?
>>
>>25660167
a price drop of 90%
>>
>>25660167
Well its free, so anything.
>>
Connectivity with Pokebank so that you can have Go-mons in mainline games and vice versa,
>>
It's free, so why wouldn't you download it day one. If you don't (on purpose) you're either:

>edgy and don't want to support free-to-play because m-muh games industry
>poor and can't afford a phone
>one of those twats that say they dont want a smart phone because some shit reason but really means "I don't need a smart phone because no one cares about me"
>>
>>25660337
Some people just don't play mobile cell games. They for the most part feel cheaply made. Also, microtransactions.
>>
>>25660337
>edgy and don't want to support free-to-play because m-muh games industry

That's not really what edgy means. And some people avoid free-to-play games not because of concern for the gaming industry, but because they're very often terrible games full of intentionally frustrating mechanics designed to get people to pay money.

There are free-to-play games that get the balance right, and which I'll play, but most of the time I'll avoid them, not because "m-muh games industry" but because they're shit games.
>>
>>25660381
>they're shit games

Please post your review of the beta you're in you fucking spoke
>>
>>25660337
Because I don't want to play it. What other reason do I need?
>>
Barring fallout shelter and a select few other games, every phone game I have tried has been awful, either in terms of gameplay or content, and made even worse by microtransactions.

I am hoping Go will be one of the exceptions, but I have no reason to think it will be good at this point.

Even the majority of ports are pure crap because touch controls just do not fucking work well if you have large hands.
>>
>>25660337
>It's free
>you're out of pokeballs
>buy 10 pokeballs for $2.99 before pikachu escapes!
>>
>>25660190
>>25660191

90%off free.
Hmmmmm.
>>
>>25660358
MTG PuzzleQuest was really good the first two months it was out, and likely will be so again with 1.32 or 1.4 once the find a new use for surplus runes, since they closed down the old one for economy balance reasons. (Increased payout to speed up leveling (one of the few customer complaints) meant you also could have bought a new pack after every match, not every 6 sonce they only cost 225 runes. Their current stopgap measure is 3 free packs a day, distributed every 8 hours.)
>>
>>25660167
>no microtransactions
>all current generations with free updates to include any newer generations
>having some leeway with Pokémon distribution (I don't have to swim to Singapore just to get a Zubat (while an interesting concept, the world is just too damn big).
>If there absolutely has to be microtransactions, just limit them to cosmetics (I really hope crystals aren't energy that lets you "play" the game...
>being able to trade Pokémon if "regional" Pokémon are spread worldwide
> not having to hold the camera directly forward so I don't look like a complete idiot while trying to catch Burmy, which is only available in the middle of a Turkish Bath in the middle of Jersey Shore
>Being able to battle trainers
>decent customization
>being able to utilize the bracelet while it's in my pocket (or under my towel in the Turkish Bath).

^ All of those things, in that order.
>>
>>25660543
I'm Jewish, and can therefore confirm that this is a good deal. You may as well get four of them while they're on sale.
>>
>>25660437
That's because nobody knows how to make them, so they end up mostly made to copy someone else's success or prey on whales.

There are good ones out there. You just have to look hard.
>>
>>25660457
It's what shuffle did. I expect no different.
>>
>>25660593
>with free updates to include any newer generations
Didn't happen with pokedex. Won't happen here
>>
>>25660604
I think it's less of, "we don't know how to make something good," and more of, "We know this will make us TOO MUCH money, so we'd be crazy not to." They are businesses after all. Not saying that every business is 100% money driven, but that is the main point.
>>
>>25660627
I can only dream...
>>
>>25660337
None of the above.
I have a Windows phone.
>>
>>25660593
What if the micro transactions are just unnecessary for enjoying the game?

Think of how League did it. Skins, Exp boosts (in a game where max summoner level is childsplay, and something you'll reach just learning to play the game), IP boosts (where any player whose been playing for a while will already have way more than they could ever want), and things like server changes and name changes which are also buyable with the aforementioned free IP.

Basically, only usable for cosmetics, or getting to competitive ranked faster if you already know how to play or just have such a big ego you think you belong at the adults table without learning to play first.

Non evil microtransactions, basically.
>>
>>25660692
Yeah honestly as long as it isn't pay for more "energy" to play, or pay for more access to more Pokémon/Pokéballs, I don't really care what they charge for.
>>
>>25660433
so you're doing things just because, not for a reason. gotcha. you're a Dog.
>>
>>25660716
So basically, Shuffle, Rumble, and Picross were the bane of your existence, and anything not a copy pasta of their pay scheme will be golden with you.

[Spoiler]also, due to precedent, that there's no way of you getting it
>>
>>25660736
Why are you so mad that somebody doesn't want to play a mobile game?
>>
>>25660736
Are you trolling?
God, you're a pretentious prick. And on a Mongolian jenkem production forum of all places.
If you seriously and non-ironically mean what you're posting please get help, anon.
>>
Does ingress or whatever have microtransactions?
>>
Try Ingress before forming an opinion on GO.

If you don't know anything about Ingress, you cannot form a complete opinion on GO.
>>
>>25660746
i'm not mad i just find it funny that you're arguing by saying "i do it because i do/ i don't do it because i don't"

thats an easy way to argue, like, you can justfiy religion, murder, rape, ponies, literally everything that way. And it also shows that you don't know how an argument works. why do you even try?

Learn the basics first, its not that hard.

Or you actually make decisions wiithout thinking about them. Like a Dog. Or a Woman.

>>25660759
gr8 b8 m8
>>
>>25660725
This sounds like an interesting topic. Could you link the videos, or give their names?
>>
>>25660766
Not at all. They have a brilliant way to get money though.

There are waypoints that you travel to and interact with to play the game. These waypoints are usually things like statues or historical sites or basically anything interesting, from graffiti to a scenic overlook. Businesses and restaurants can pay money to have their location registered as a waypoint to promote foot traffic, but there is absolutely no cost to the player. It's a win-win for everyone.
>>
>>25660725
>extra credits
lol I'm going to stick to my BBS.

Also, pretty sure Rovio, even with people slowly losing interest in AB is still doing fine (making almost $200 million in 2015-six years later, mind you). Sure there's merchandise involved, but the people typically have little understanding of people's willingness to pump money into freemium games.

And let's not even get into Supercell's almost $2.5 billion in 2015. Another freemium game.

>>25660744
Never played any of those

>>25660809
Just don't. They're just another passive income device. May as well be one of those ads that say, "Get rid of stubborn belly fat with this one weird trick."
>>
>>25660842
I had no idea. This is a near perfect solution. I don't know much about this game, but much respect to that company. I'll definitely look into it now.
>>
>>25660842
>>25660868
Think about it. Waypoints can be Pokemon Centers, Pokemarts, Gyms, all sorts of shit like that. We're talking about your local area becoming an actual goddamn region.
>>
Cancel the game.
>>
>>25660725
>be me
> be 28
>work at fast food restaurant
>drop out of community college because I'm too good for it
>got my scuba license though, and I watch very informative YouTube videos, so I think I know a thing or two more than most of the sheeple in this world.
>Don't even have a smartphone, because lol why would I want to INTENTIONALLY let the Gov't spy on me. XD
>These ignoramuses probably watch Faux News (That's a good one, I should post that on reddit and /pol/).
>I put on my trenchcoat and fedora
>I adjust my fanny pack so that no spaghetti falls out
>Good Day gentle-anons
>>
>>25660888
This makes me harder than you can possibly imagine.
>>
File: deathandsuffering.jpg (21KB, 387x357px) Image search: [Google]
deathandsuffering.jpg
21KB, 387x357px
>>25660888
>tfw never leave the house
>be me, truly a neet
>can't explore, will probably only have my starter
>when neighbors walk by my house with the app they'll defeat me effortlessly in battle
>suddenly I'm being farmed for exp by kids and grown ups playing this fucking game
>I'll never git gud at this game
>one day anon rings my door bell and asks to trade
>slam the door in his face

Life is suffering
>>
>>25660992
>truly a neet

How, Anon? What led you to this sorry state? Surely there is still some hope for you? What prevents you from stepping out that door and into the glorious world of Pokemon?
>>
File: grovaylmao.png (71KB, 242x241px) Image search: [Google]
grovaylmao.png
71KB, 242x241px
I'm just scared it'll be an absurdly huge filesize/data-juggernaut. I'm hoping it's going to be at least as enjoyable as Pokewalker (which was surprisingly pretty fun,) but I'd only get the little pedometer thing because it'd lead to one or two entertaining stories.

I also want to know more about the way Pokemon are generated. Is it going to be random encounters generated on-phone, or are there going to be actual real-time Pokemon that are put into the real world via servers?
>>
>>25661025
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OojPZoGNlY
>>
>>25660888
I'm so erect I grew a second dick.

this is the perfect solution. its like paid advertisement, but without any of the intrusive factors.
>>
>>25661085
>>25660809
>>25660725
>promoting this hard
lol reported
>>
>>25661025
Very sick with a genetically inherited disease, but I don't want to make this into my personal blog, familia.
>>
>>25660992
not just a neet then.
the full hikkikomori.
>>
>>25660992
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxPOSrrWjJY
>>
>>25661112
>>25661121
no shame in being a neet when you've got them young disability bucks.

But being a neet doesn't make you a shut-in.
So the new question is, why do you not leave your house?
>>
>>25661143

The implication seems to be that the actual illness makes mobility/exploration a challenge.
>>
>>25661155
You know what, I'd be down with having Pokemon adventures with a wheelchair bro.
>>
>>25660992
Haha, even worse. You're basically an NPC. Maybe you could get a job at Team Rocket lel
>>
>>25661208
Well meme'd good xir or zadam. Let me gild your epic post! XD
>>
>>25661181
So would I.
>>
>>25661224
And right back at you dear madam *tips menorah* XDXD
>>
>>25661255
Ah! Shalom kind mentsh! XDXDXD
>>
>>25660888
Every waypoint functions as a particular gym, and the gym levels vary depending on how many badges you previously have. If the waypoint owner is particularly cool, he might give you a free coffee or some shit for beating the gym.

This whole thing has so much potential and it sucks that it's just as likely if not more likely to be a forgettable pay-to-win.
>>
>>25661208
>>25661224
>>25661255
>>25661289
>all this circlejerking
Well, this thread's days are numbered...
>>
>>25661303
Please anon... Don't get my hopes up. This sounds so ideal.
>>
>>25660167
Living in Las Vegas, the biggest worry is that I'll just have rock, ground, and some shitty pollution/urban pokemon in my area and nothing else.

Confirm that I can get a variety of Pokemon and I'm in.
>>
>>25661303
they have stated there will be gyms.

Ingress had waypoints, and PkmnGo has been stated to be very similar to Ingress in many ways.

Gyms being waypoints is very likely.
>>
>>25661388
>Jynx; male Lopunny, Mawile, and Gardevoir
>>
>>25661303
>>25661340
Just think of all the small business owners who are Pokemon fans, or who understand the popularity of the franchise and the benefits gained from associating with it. If Niantic pulls Pokemon Go off well, then it's gonna be amazing.

And remember, it's being developed by Niantic, not Nintendo or Game Freak. That means it's possible that we could get a situation similar to Pokken, where the devs were huge Pokemon fans and were passionate about making the game. If Niantic cares about doing this right, and about Pokemon, both as a franchise and as an experience, then I think it's rather likely that we're going to have something extraordinary on our hands. I'm hoping that as developers, they see the potential in this, and they go the extra mile to make it that much better.
>>
>>25660167
>What would make pokemon go a day 1 buy for you?

Being able to play it inside the comfort of my own home and not be forced to leave it.

/thread.
>>
>>25661442
>threading your own post
>>
>>25661457
Someone else would have done it for me regardless. I'm always right.

I just saved them the trouble of doing so.
>>
>>25661431
Was that confirmed? Neat, I'm in.
>>
>>25660593
What's up with you and Turkish baths?
>>
>>25660692
>league
>not pay2win
Been a while since i've seen a Riotdrone out of /lolg/
>>
Also, apparently there's some footage from South by Southwest, if anyone hasn't seen it yet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHgCmnVvfTI

Also probably the first time in history somebody caught an Ivysaur with a Master Ball.
>>
>>25660167
Making it available for WP
>>
>>25661431
that's hilarious.
>>
>>25661431
>>25661431
Sauce? I want to find for my area.
>>
>>25661502
Everything mechanics is obtainable for free, and should already be obtained effortlessly by the time you're playing ranked above cardboard 5.
How is it pay to win?
>>
If they made it for Windows Phone.

It kills me every time an app is advertised and it's only for android/ios. We WP users get hardly anything when it comes to mainstream apps.
>>
>>25661631
He's making a joke about prostitutes, don't take it seriously.

>>25661658
I fail to see how that is anyone's fault but your own. All you had to do was get a different phone, but you didn't. Why on earth did you pick WP, if not for the apps?
>>
>>25661658
Go fuss at microsoft about how awful their store is to produce for.
>>
>>25661457
lol everyone does that. Are you that new?
>>
>>25661679
I picked WP because I love the feel of it compared to the big two. Less security threats, too. Microsoft is a big enough company that if they make a smartphone, it should be able to compete with Google and Apple.
>>
>>25661491
idk first ridiculous place that came to my head
>>
>>25661658
How is it anyone's fault but your own that you have the Ngage of smartphones?
>>
>>25660190
Pokemon Go is free, you idiot.
OP's picture is the only thing that costs money.
Not counting microtransactions.
>>
>>25661654
Pay for champions. Means that someone can pay to get all of them instantly without playing.
>>
>daily 5 poke balls/3 great balls/one ultra ball
>pay to have extra or just wait till tomorrow
>everyone's happy
>profit
>>
>>25660167
Some Pokewalker features for Gen 6 or 7
>>
>>25660167
Nothing.
>>
File: Steelix_jaw.png (144KB, 593x488px) Image search: [Google]
Steelix_jaw.png
144KB, 593x488px
>>25660593
>Turkish Baths
>>
>>25660766
Yes, it does. Only recently introduced. Not Shuffle-type energy shit though from what I am aware of.
>>
>It's a mobile game so microtransactions

I guess people have missed the fact that:
1. Ingess is a totally free game with NO microtransactions.

2. Nintendo has even said that they understand a large amount of people who will play Go will not be able to spend money on games, so they are trying NOT to include microtransactions.

Why is everyone automatically writing off Pokemon Go as a shitty game already?

The only thing we have seen of the game is the trailer and that leaked video from the other day, which i guarantee isn't even close to how the game will be since the panel it was shown in was about AR technology and not Go.
>>
>>25660437
battle cats is fun stuff
>>
>>25660888
I pray that it's some other company working on this game's software and not game freak.
>>
>>25661303
This is almost the closest we'll ever get to a true pokemon experience.
>>
>>25661767
Sure. With no idea how to use them.

You either take it the slow route, learning to play and using what you get doing that to slowly unlock heroes as you become ready to learn a new one, or you buy them all at once have no idea how to use them, and spend forever in the school of hard knocks, gaining nothing useful to you other than play experience the entire time it takes you to git gud.

If anything it punishes impatient payers.
>>
>>25660337
>Wanting to be spied on
>>
>>25662831
Please be trolling. I mean, I know tons of people actually think this way, but it's so delusional. Do you honestly think the government gives a shit about you browsing 4chan and roleplaying with your virgin friends? And there is just no fucking way there is just a big room with computers and an equal number of people to spy on every other person. They have algorithms to detect potential THREATS, and then depending on the context, they, at most, say, "Oh. It's just some neckbeard talking about his waifu again."

There's no spooky organization out there caring about your basement-dwelling life. And even if there were, do you honestly think you're smart enough to have figured it out, or even discover them for that matter? This would have gotten out, or it would never be found out. And a bunch of rednecks on the local news theorizing about the government's ultimate spy-fest doesn't count as it "getting out."
>>
>>25662909
While true, nearly everyone is engaged in SOME illegal activity these days. Torrenting for instance.

Having a device they can 24/7 decide to check up on your location is kind of compromising to any kind of personal security vs them.

If there's anything to learn from cop shows, it's that if you're so much as touching the grid with real information, much less actively on it, they can be kneeling on your back cuffing you within 20 minutes.
>>
>>25662973
So when the corporatocracies finally decide to show their hand instead of just running things under the table like they do now, the only ones truly safe will be us hiding behind 7 proxies.
>>
>>25660167
No microtransactions without losing quality
>>
>>25662973
lol like anyone is going to arrest you for torrenting cool runnings on your personal machine. The difference between making a business by selling torrented movies vs just watching them privately is so obvious to even the dumbest ISP. The only things that would get you arrested are things like selling drugs and being dumb enough to leave a digital paper trail/talk about it, or getting involved with CP, et cetera. Basically, things that are actually bad. And if you aren't doing those things, what do you have to worry about? Even if they are tracking and logging everything we do, if you aren't breaking the law (which torrenting is one of those new age issues that is quickly being dissolved), then who even cares? Have you convinced yourself that the people "watching" you get some sort of pleasure out of it?
>>
every single Pokemon and one of my favorites appears around where I live
>>
>>25662973
>thinks most authority figures get off on arresting people
What color is your favorite fedora?
>>
>>25663231
Not pleasure. Tactical advantage. Pay attention. This has nothing to do with voyuerism, and everything to do with preparedness.
>>
>>25660337
>if you don't like the f2p games you're edgy
get a grip
>>
>>25663252
The only preparedness they might want is to prevent serious threats. They don't go nabbing every little jaywalker and internet bully they find. You're just like every GED-holding social reject that thinks they have the world figured out. Spend a little less time on YouTube and Reddit and maybe try getting a secondary education, or just go outside. lol
>>
>>25660337
Don't pour any water on that argument, what with all the holes and all.
>>
I'm getting it anyway, and buying a bracelet for me AND my niece. She's a big pokemon fan just like me.
>>
>>25663249
Corporations get off on enforcing their intellectual properties, and on obtaining and further solidifying their power. Power which already influences to outright controls large portions of our government and it's policymaking.

Why has SOPA and like 10 clone shown up in the past 10 years, til one finally got passed, with an even worse one on the way in the form of the TPP?
Why has copyright gone from the very reasonable 30 years after creation (just past immediate relevancy) to 90 years after death of author (long after its worth referencing, with many having completely forgotten it) and immenently rising?
Why does the DMCA allow complete ravaging of independent content creators on YouTube with no compensation just by repeatedly making false copyright claims, but this magically never seems to happen to those with major corporate deals like pewds or mattpat?
Why do copyright cases against individuals have monetary penalties up in the "completely unpayable by your average layman" range, with jailtimes longer than sentences for rape?

Corporations are pulling the strings, and there's nothing they'd like to see more than some little peon who defied their rule crushed beneath their feet as a warning to any others that dare oppose them.
>>
>>25663306
If you don't like them just for the sake of being counterculture, you're edgy.
>>
>>25663376
This hit me right in the feels.

It's awesome to see stuff like this. Good for you anon.
>>
>>25660167
nothing. It's a phone game, and those are all trash
>>
I already have a complete living dex, there's going to have to be more incentive to play other than some autistic roleplay reason.

Give me really good hold items, or pokemon with moves they don't normally know ( and even that won't be enough if I cant breed to pass down said moves, hello surfing pikachu ) or maybe a really good battle system so I can play against friends without needing to bring my 3DS.
>>
>>25663389
>corporations want more than to secure steadily increasing income
Yeah you definitely have never set foot in a business class before, let alone on a college campus. Also, your mom just asked me if you guys need any more aluminum foil, since you used it all.
>>
>>25663407
Attack the Light and Cardinal Quest 2 have both been good.
Path to Luma wasn't a bad puzzle game at all, considering it was made by Econuts.

There are good ones out there. There's just also waaaay too much bad ones.

Kind of like posts on /vp/
>>
>>25663438
> a really good battle system so I can play against friends without needing to bring my 3DS.
This. I love Nintendo games, but hate having a separate device. If I could get a mainline Pokémon game, smash bros, and a mainline AC game on a phone, I'd be set.
>>
>>25663407
/thread
>>
if i could get elekid easily to work on electivire
>>
File: 1375999819268.jpg (7KB, 145x160px) Image search: [Google]
1375999819268.jpg
7KB, 145x160px
>>25663502
>smash bros on a phone
>>
>>25663439
Right, and how do you steadily increase income after you already are leader of the global market?

You start securing your position by any means necessary, and put fingers I'm any pies that could ever become a threat to your ever rising power.

They're solely motivated by money, yes, you're right, but that can take you a whole lot of places.
>>
>>25663576
That doesn't make them nefarious or of ill-intent, like you were implying
>>
>>25663591
Is a wild tiger of nefarious intent, or just powerful, hungry, and dangerous?

Furthermore, as it relates to outcome and relevance to its prey, does it matter?
>>
>>25663634
You're right in that it doesn't matter and they are powerful and hungry, but they aren't dangerous.
>>
>>25663502
>Smash bros on a phone

How could anybody want that??
I can almost understand animal crossing, but the thought of Smash bros on a cellular telephone makes me vomit.
>>
>>25663704
>>25663520
There have been other successful fighting games on mobile. I don't see why not.
>>
>>25663704
Its not that hard dude. you use touch controls like most mobile games,

Thumb slide forward to attack, back to dodge, and hold a tap button and slide for your specials and final. It'd play exactly the same.
>>
>>25663400
why is it so hard for you to understand that many people just don't like the model?
>>
>>25663753

>swiping controls and touch controls being "exactly the same" as a physical controller for fast paced traditional action games.

No.
>>
>>25663634
When it eats a marmoset that wanders into its gaze, is it doing so because it wishes destruction upon this defenseless creature, or simply because it wants food and to secure it's place at the top of the food chain.

And when a business actively bankrupts and jails for multiple decades a copyright offender, is it truly malicious, or just wanting to display it's utter dominance, and scare consumers into following the laws it lobbied into place to protects it's own interests?

When it strong arms copyright into lasting another few decades, at the detriment of any secondary producer, and suing anything remotely similar just in case, regardless of whether it's legally in the right, is it really doing anything more than confirming it's spot as an apex predator?

It's just a very big, very hungry entity, able to essentially do more or less whatever it wants because it's big and makes the rules.

Evil wouldn't be the right word. But tyrant might.
>>
>>25663801
Just go download a fighting game and try it.
>>
>>25663725
Injustice mobile is cancer. Marvel Champions is cancer. You are inherently wrong
>>
>>25663866
The only ones that complain in the survival of the fittest are the not-so-fit.
>>
>>25663894
>inherently wrong, not subjectively different
It never changes lol

The street fighter games play just fine. I think you're just a negative Norbit.
>>
>>25663790
What model, being on a phone? Having touch controls?
>>
>>25663971
You're the one bearing burden of proof here.

Got any, or are you just going to keep ad hominemimg?
>>
>>25663407
case closed
>>
>>25664059
>got any
>The street fighter games play just fine.
Did you not read what I wrote? Calling you negative for saying they're all bad when there is at least one other person in the world that enjoys them and is comfortable with the controls, isn't ad hominem. It means you're likely negative. If I had said something like, "you're probaly just bad at controlling games, so you can't know better," THAT would be ad hominem. Actually look up what a word means before you throw it around like a pseudo-intellectual.
>>
>>25663008
Here's your (You), you paranoid hipster faggot.
>>
If I don't have to travel far to get a Porygon. I want a Porygon so bad in that you don't even know. I don't want to have to go to the fucking googleplex to get a Porygon.
>>
File: LOL-I-TROLL-YOU006507.png (21KB, 736x278px) Image search: [Google]
LOL-I-TROLL-YOU006507.png
21KB, 736x278px
>>25664059
INB4 pic related
>>
>>25664034
the f2p model, like I literally stated
do you seriously think it's impossible for people to just don't like it?
>>
Jesus this thread. I haven't been to /vp/ in a while. Is it always this bad?
>>
>>25660167
being released
>>
>>25664195
/thread
>>
>>25663403
It's pretty awesome to be able to share this with her. We don't get to see each other a lot but she can call me anytime using her AS game.

It's great to see her getting enjoy it as much as I did as a kid. She's pretty much played all the games too.

When she was younger I'd let her play my games if she promised not to save, which she understood even when she was 4. Now her mom does get her the new games usually, and her mom always knows what to get her as a gift, usually an eeveelution plush.

Pokemon Go will be great for us to share too, as we live apart so we'll probably have access to different pokemon.
>>
>>25664146
I'll take that as a "I have none, so have some more ad hominem in hopes you respond to that instead and don't notice"

>>25664177
You are aware there are more mobile games than just those with f2p microtransactions right?
All those mentioned here for instance.
>>25663492
>>
File: red not this shit again.png (48KB, 289x345px) Image search: [Google]
red not this shit again.png
48KB, 289x345px
>>25663753
>touch conotrols
>>
>>25664260
>>25664260
>You are aware there are more mobile games than just those with f2p microtransactions right?
Yes, I have never stated otherwise.
GO is confirmed to be f2p and have microtransactions. I fail to see how you can't comprehend that there are people that just don't like microtransactions.
>>
>>25664308
You said >>25660358
I have been arguing this entire time that hating on phones as a platform, just to be counterculture, is edgy.
You said you didn't like the model.
I asked what model.
You said microtransactions.
I said not all phone games have microtransactions.

Now we are here, with you trying to move the goalposts to this being about GO.

Just to clarify.
>>
>>25662822
League heroes are not hard to play, none of them.

Stop defending your pay to win game.
>>
>>25664366
That's not me. Why the fuck would you think that?
Me:>>25663306 >>25663790 >>25664177 >>25664308
I never said all phone games, I said games with microtransactions, what platform makes no difference, I didn't like Shuffle even when it was just on 3DS either.
>>
>>25664260
lol wrong person. This was my response:
>>25664121
You're floundering pretty bad there chief. And you really have no idea what that term means, do you?
>>
>>25664419
I'd love to see a newbie attempt to play Azir all the way to gold+.

Can we get a livestream of that?

It'd be like watching the grumps play sonic 06.
>>
>>25661439
Why are Game freak and Nintendo so bad at making pokemon games? It's like they dont even care to improve
>>
>>25664453
>>25664508
So which of you is it, hmm?
>>
>>25664584
You quoted two people here >>25664260
Don't quote multiple people in one post if you can't actually remember the conversations you're having.
>>
File: dab.png (1MB, 837x330px) Image search: [Google]
dab.png
1MB, 837x330px
>>25664584
Well, I'll tell you one thing. The person talking about f2p is a different person. How can you not tell when you're having two separate conversations? We just both separately pointed out that you incorrectly accused "samefaggotry." If that other person screenshots their posts, I'm sure you'd see the same thing.
>>
>>25664584
You are the cancer.
>>
File: idiot.png (177KB, 1920x891px) Image search: [Google]
idiot.png
177KB, 1920x891px
>>25664631
Might as well.
>>
>>25664584
>>25664631
>>25664671
BTFO
>>
File: red autism.png (52KB, 289x345px) Image search: [Google]
red autism.png
52KB, 289x345px
>>25664265
>>
>>25660651
>buying the mobile jew
>>
>>25664818
That's apple
>>
>>25664828
You got me there.
>>
Literally nothing, because it's a fucking TELEPHONE GAME

Modern day Tiger Electronics shit
>>
>>25660337

Cellphone games are inherently bad.

Aside from games that are ports from the SNES and GBA, cellphone games are lifeless and lite on content. Either intuitive, or require very minimal input.

Look at MKX or Marvel Clash of Heroes or whatever it's called. It's tap2win. Fucking boring.

They're designed with "pick up and play" in mind, intended for short bursts, and that is what makes them all fucking trash.
>>
>>25664584
False flagging? Really? Are we gonna need trips just to have a basic flame war here?
>>
>>25664912
Have you tried Attack the Light?
It was p good to me. Jrpg with touch controls. Combat got fairly intense at later levels, lots of secret rooms to hunt down, fairly decent story, where choices affected character growth rates.

It was worth 3 dollars by all means.
>>
>>25664982
Like, I'm not trying to shill here. And it wasn't just like, completely mindblowing. But it felt at least nintendo eshop indie hit good. Like Shantae or something.
Which is mindblowing-tier for mobile games, considering how many horrendous ones there are.
>>
>>25664912
>Aside from games that are ports from the SNES and GBA

Even that shit's unacceptable, unless you're maybe playing a turn based RPG or Strategy game.

How can anyone be comfortable playing a platformer on these things?
>>
>>25665107
infinite runner platformers work pretty well.
I could imagine a port of Bit.Trip Runner 1 or 2 doing quite well.
>>
>>25660167
All I want is something that isn't "You are out of energy. Spend more shekels to continue!" What would be ideal is a set amount of in-game currency, plus the ability to complete "quests" and get more (defeat X Poison-types, catch Y Grass-types) and maybe a tiny-ass daily allowance. Of course, you can spend shekels to exchange for in-game cash, and maybe there are a few items (Rare Candy, Choice Scarf, some of the fancier Berries) that can only be bought with real money, but there isn't a "wait 24 hours or sell a kidney" thing going on.

Of course, what I expect is exactly what I said I didn't want to happen. I can only hope they go the way of Ingress and make your energy ridiculously easy to replenish (free XM around the things you're using XM on, anyone?)
>>
>>25664912
>inherently
Been seeing that word a lot lately.
>>
>>25665558
it's the new "objectively"
>>
>>25665526
Ingress doesn't. And if it's similar at all, I'm not entirely sure where they would even fit it in, except as maybe your supply of pokeballs. But then that's fine, just don't catch every little thing.
>>
>>25665526
>What would be ideal is a set amount of in-game currency, plus the ability to complete "quests" and get more (defeat X Poison-types, catch Y Grass-types) and maybe a tiny-ass daily allowance.
Hearthstone then?
>>
>>25665589
my new "criticism phrasing" is saying something is unintuitive.
>>
>>25660167
If they gave me my money right back, as well as increasing the data storage on my phone.
>>
>>25665616
see, but that's not catchall.

saying that someone's opinion is "objectively" or "inherently" wrong is much more versatile.

You can't respond to someone saying that they like watching equine shows made for little girls that their opinion is "unintuitive."
>>
>>25660337
Fuck off shill
>>
>>25665603
Ingress doesn't what? If you think Ingress doesn't give you easy resources, you've clearly never played; XM cubes are embarrassingly easy to come by, and a portal will usually be surrounded by XM and replenish your meter as quickly as you expend it. As for how it would work for Go...Fuck, man, I don't know. Maybe if you encounter a Pokemon and defeat it instead of capturing it you get energy?
>>
>>25665613
...In retrospect, yes. On the other hand, that's not exactly a bad thing; personally, I prefer Magic, but Hearthstone's fairly entertaining anyway. I've actually gotten pretty far without spending a single cent, so I hope Go follows that model and lets me do the same thing.
>>
One-time purchase, no in-app nickel and diming.
>>
>>25660167
Pokebank compatibility.
>>
>>25666917
Ingress doesn't have an Energy counter that stops you from playing.

You can keep ingressing as much as you want. A few specific things need to rest and replenish, what with XM, but its so easy to get you practically don't even think about it.

So if it were built similarly, I'm not even sure where an energy system would fit in, except as your supply of pokeballs. But that would be fine, just don't throw a ball at literally everything you come across.

Sorry, should have been less vague about which part I was responding to.
>>
>>25660167
Nothing. F2P mobile is all the same bullshit. I'd rather buy lotto tickets and I NEVER buy lotto tickets.
>>
>>25666929
magic's gameplay is better, but it's payscheme is consistently jew.

So if GO was going to copy anyone's pay scheme, I'd rather them do hearthstone's than anything Wizards has ever put out.

Well, except what MTGPQ originally had, which was using non-premium currency you got from completion of matches (PC or VS) to pay for packs.
Cause then you didn't even need to have to go out of your way to progress like Hearthstone's quests. You just played, then bought some cards. Kind of like League and buying champions and runes. I like that style the best. Get what you need just by playing the game, only need to pay if you're an impatient idiot or want cosmetics.

But now its a painful checkin system that nets you only 3 packs a day, almost always commons you have like 20 of, and the only way to get more is cash. So it's back to the traditional wizards of the coast jewing.
>>
>>25664576
See, the answer to that is simple.

They have a comfy little niche, and it's working out really well for them to stay within that zone. Attempting to improve their product may have an adverse affect, alienate the playerbase, and lessen revenue. Consider also that they're already making a tidy sum, and you'll see that they have no real reason to take the risk to improve the games other than minimal streamlining.

I mean, sure, some of the developers are passionate about it, but it's not like Pokken, where the creators were huge pokemon fans and wanted to do justice to the franchise.
>>
I can't wait for the millions of Ekans encounters in my backyard....or the thousands of kangaskhan because "lmao Kangaroos"
>>
>>25660167
If it came with a handjob
>>
Being able to battle with the pokemon you get or the ability to transfer them to an actual game.
>>
>>25660381
yeah, but it's free so there's no reason not to download it and see for yourself if it's bad
if it's bad, delete it
if it's good, keep it
>>
>>25667407
Oh fuck yes. Magic's pay scheme is actively terrible. I absolutely loathe the paper methods. Personally, I was more thinking the Pokemon TCGO's method - things you get with in-game currency for "free" are tradelocked (don't ask me how that'd transfer because I don't know), and you can freely trade for other cards with shit you win in tournaments. Hearthstone is, I will admit, much better. However, the TCGO is the more money-grubbing option, and the one I believe they'll go for if they pull something like this.

>>25667044
Point. A lack of XM will technically stop you from doing anything but hacking portals, but it's so easy to replenish you hardly notice. I shudder to think of it, but what if they give Pokemon "stamina," and it becomes "buy an Elixir or wait 24 hours until this Pokemon can battle again?" It limits you, but not drastically; if they're going to force an energy system on us, I'd prefer that one.
>>
>>25660167
real pokemon
>>
I'm going to get it, but it is looking less outstanding that I had hoped it would, however the idea does look promising once the technology catches up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHgCmnVvfTI
>>
>>25660797
Ah so you're just a pretentious retard, gotcha.
>>
>>25663400
I simply have no interest in it. Does that rule you up?
>>
>>25663971
But modern street fighter is garbage.
>>
PVP and good distrabution of pokes will keep this game alive. I'm fine with catching having more of a focus of getting to the Pokemon rather than fighting it, I'd hate having to walk miles for a specific mon only to accidentally feint it.
>>
>>25664192
>Anonymous 03/21/16(Mon)15:26:32 No.25664177▶>>25664260 >>25664453
>>>25664034 #
>the f2p model, like I literally stated
>do you seriously think it's impossible for people to just don't like it?
>>25669777
Trips confirm.
>>
It's a free download ya dummy
>>
>What would make Pokemon Go a Day 1 buy for you?
If it released with a price tag on it right here right now.

What I wanna know is how the Pokemon are distributed according to region. Is it entirely random or did they take liberties to take type into account?

I just wanna roam around graveyards looking at my phone to find some ghosts.
>>
I think one article said it might come out next month. Can anyone confirm? I think the beta is already almost out in Japan.
>>
>>25660992
you're basically a neet gym leader
>>
File: 1404031295698.png (35KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1404031295698.png
35KB, 640x480px
>>25674876
>neet gym leader
>locks himself inside his apartment
>puzzle is based around fighting neighbors in the complex and getting the right key
>after you finally unlock his front door he's still hiding in his room
>just fights you behind a closed door
>after you win he slides the gym badge under the gap
I never realized how much I wanted this
>>
>>25660716
Have you played Ingress? It seems we'll have to pay for energy
>>
>>25660766
You can pay to recharge in Ingress
>>
>>25674840
It depends on when they release that particular article.
>>
>>25675050
Or you can just walk around to recharge, or use those little supply packs you never run out of. Ingress did a good job of it. They gave you a lazy alternative, but you can easily go through the whole thing without even knowing there's an option.
Thread posts: 206
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.