[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will they lie to us again with S/M?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 190
Thread images: 11

File: Route3XY.jpg (144KB, 1077x318px) Image search: [Google]
Route3XY.jpg
144KB, 1077x318px
Will they lie to us again with S/M?
>>
MASUDA MUST DIE
>>
>>25633821
>That billboarded landscape
Year 2000 is back, guys.
>>
I swear to god if the game isn't 100% 3d this time...
>>
>>25633844
It's already confirmed not to be. Just like ORAS and XY.
>>
>>25633845
I mean 3d effect support.
Pokemon just has it when it feels like it.
When like every other first party Nintendo game, and most third party 3DS games I own have 100% 3d support.
>>
File: Pokemon-Sun-Moon-Ann-3DS[1].jpg (74KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
Pokemon-Sun-Moon-Ann-3DS[1].jpg
74KB, 600x338px
>>25633851
>I mean 3d effect support.

Yeah I know. It's already confirmed not always. "Games in 2D. Some areas also playable in 3D"
>>
File: images (1).jpg (5KB, 199x254px) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
5KB, 199x254px
>>25633853
>framerate is gonna be just as bad
>>
>>25634116
Nope, it's gonna be on the New3Ds
>>
File: s0652.jpg (27KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
s0652.jpg
27KB, 640x480px
>>25633853
>mfw they're gonna be literally like my mom's PlayStation 1 game.
>>
>>25634152
Even with the New3ds Overclocked using CFW and Hans when running Pokemon x, y, and ORAS, there is still TONS of lag. It's really pathetic.
>>
>>25633853
gen 6 confirmed
>>
>>25634161
>my mom's PlayStation 1 game.
>my mom's

This board is 18+. You know that right?
>>
>>25633821
They only changed the perspective. I think, there will be some improvements, but the 3DS already reached his limits with XY.
>>
>>25633821
Thank God.

The finished product looks 100 times better.
>>
>>25634198
Hello newfriend! To get started on all of our secret lingo and in-jokes, I would recommend that you check out the /vp/ meme compilation thread that's currently active. Please enjoy your time here!
>>
When will they show us gameplay from S/M?
>>
>>25634223
When you stop touching yourself at night.
>>
>>25634161
i know this is bait but i still fell for it and got triggered good job
>>
>>25633821
Yes, and people will claim the endproduct is better than what we thought we were getting and you'll be called whatever buzzword is popular in the future for not liking it.
>>
>>25634206
Limits? There are countless developers that can make better landscape without even trying. Tradition? Fuck tradition. We need someone that's not Japanese.
>>
It's clear they will advertise things like that again
whether or not it will be any better than before i don't know, but i have hopes
>>
>>25633825
This. Faggot has fucked up long enough now.
>>
>>25634198

As every knows, only people under the age of 18 have parents.
>>
>>25634236

Yokai Watch's game world was presented more in line with modern game standards (yes, even for handheld) than XY.
>>
>>25633844

>actually turning on 3D

why the fuck would you do that
>>
>>25634206
>but the 3DS already reached his limits with XY
GF haven't scratched the surface with the 3DS the problem is that they fuck made the models loaded with polygons.
>>
>>25634206

XY look like shit compared to other 3DS games
>>
>>25633821
the right pic looks better desu
they added shadows and the grass has better shading; it's more refined overall
there is nothing superior about the left pic aside from the camera angle suggesting the game might play out differently
>>
>>25634223
we don't know, since It's currently unknown.
>>
>>25633821
>lie to us again

Are you assuming that the game was already complete when the announcement was first made?
>>
>>25634224
So we're never getting anything...
>>
>>25633821
The camera angle on the right is so much more appealing, though.
>>
>>25634810
Because of Nintendo 3DS and N3DS.
If it was a System similar to PlayStation 4 or PlayStation 5, I'll have Graphics like GTA 5.
>>
>>25634833
Nothing has been officially announce yet.
>>
>>25634840
Ignoring the fact that there's better looking games on the 3DS by a large margin.
GF hasn't been able to make a good looking game ever.
>>
>>25634840
>Because of Nintendo 3DS and N3DS.
He said compared to other 3DS games anon.
>>
>>25634842
Check the quoted post before replying.
>>
File: skooks.jpg (13KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
skooks.jpg
13KB, 480x360px
>>25634810
Seriously, just look at RER. I know its mostly corridors, but the models are still very well made and the areas are booming with atmosphere. Gamefreak is just fucking incompetent when it comes to coding and maping. Now, if some Nintendo devs helped the team, then I bet the result would blow every other game out of the water, similar to how Iwata helped with Gold.
>>
>>25634847
>anon
He's CLEARLY not an anon, anon. Didn't you see his SS status?
>>
>>25634848
>>25634224
>>
>>25634853
I don't care if he has a name or not, he's a nobody.
>>
>>25634854
The joke clearly went over your head A1. Never mind, just drop it.
>>
I don't mind the way pokemon games look. They're pretty basic in graphics and they don't look outright ugly. Really all I want is a stable framerate. Gen 3 still feels really special to play because of the constant 60 FPS no matter what.
>>
>>25634852
>how Iwata helped with Gold.
Too bad they fucked it up by shoving in Kanto
>>
>>25634861
Sorry, I forgot sarcasm doesn't translate well over text. I'm in agreement with you.
>>
>>25634871
Ah fair enough.
>>
>>25634869
Its actually thanks to Iwata that they had enough room left in the memory to add Kanto. I for one am glad they did, because it added like 8 extra hours of gameplay.
>>
I'll be satisfied as long as there is not another Lumiose City.
>wait 2 seconds during a black screen every 2 blocks
>>
> Gamefreak can't even make a fully 3D game a generation of hardware later
>>
>>25634883
>8 hours
In what world does it take that long? It takes about an hour at most to do.

Anyway it's a huge flaw with the game, not only did they choose not to improve Johto in order to make it stand on its own they decided to tack on Kanto and demolish several areas and features in the process to save space.
>>
>>25634852
Nintendo has no faith in the power of their own handheld. They just use it for 2D games with models instead of sprites.
>>
>>25634906
Well, for a person under the age of 11 playing it for the first time it is going to take longer than 8 hours.
What with the Power Plant and the Poke Flute station.
>>25634912
Are you kidding me? Nintendo try to push the 3D shit as much as they can with the inhouse games.
>>
>>25634912
Ignoring the slew of games where they have in fact made 3D games and environments with the 3DS. Do you actually own One?
>>
>>25634921
3D that's pretty much "we can make the background look like it's far away", even though said background is still a painting either way.
>>
>>25634926
Actually, I don't know. Please enlighten me. The only true 3D game I know they made for the 3DS was Super Mario 3D Land.
>>
>>25633821
Lie? They delivered.
>>
>>25634942
Oh... and remakes.
>>
>>25634899
this reminds me of the fact that Spectrobes 2 for DS also looks about the same as X/Y
>>
>>25634970
Actually I'd say it looks even better than XY. I don't mind the Gen 6 graphics but they could be making a lot better use of the handheld.
>>
>>25634942
For starters Mario Kart, Tennis and Golf.
ACNL
Codename Steam
Kid Icarus
Hyrule Warriors
Luigi's Mansion 2
Chibi Robo let's go photo

All games with 3D movement and environments but that's from my own collection.
>>
>>25634869
>>25634883
>>25634906

I like how we've gone from "GS are the best games and Johto is the best region and you got to explore TWO regions" all the way back around to "Johto was deeply flawed and Kanto shouldn't have even been in the game."

If Kanto wasn't in GS, we would have gotten the exact same game, except that the only post game area would have been Mount Silver.
>>
>>25635058
Why did you reply to me? >>25634883.
I never said Johto was flawed, I fucking love Johto.
>>
>>25635069

Sorry, I was too busy smoking the crack pipe to pay attention.
>>
>>25635089
Perfectly understandable.
>>
>>25635058
>If Kanto wasn't in GS, we would have gotten the exact same game, except that the only post game area would have been Mount Silver.
So instead of the exact same game we had the exact same game twice without the Elite 4 the second time.

Perfect 10/10. Best game ever.

Anyway you're an idiot, they should helped used that extra time and space to expand the game and make some real changes to the progression instead of removing features from the previous game, doing small bug fixes and making the same thing again.

As much as I hate the legendary plot at least RSE tried something new.
>>
>>25634883

Iwata shoulda spent that time to not make Johto the worst region.
>>
>>25635104

>removing features from the previous game

What features were REMOVED form Gold and Silver that were in Red and Blue?

Seriously, this retroactive dislike of Gold and Silver is comical, if they were bad games, they wouldn't have been well received back then, instead 17 years later a handful of guys decide the game was bad.
>>
File: 530086f9.gif (829KB, 150x250px) Image search: [Google]
530086f9.gif
829KB, 150x250px
>>25633853
>Games in 2D. Some areas also playable in 3D
>>
>>25634810
I'm playing SMT IV and holy fuck, it blows pokemon out of the water.
Still a monster-based game, but damn if it is way better, graphics-wise.
X/Y look like DS, not 3DS.
>>
Kanto: objectively worst region
Johto: objectively worst region
Hoenn: objectively worst region
Sinnoh: objectively worst region
Unova: objectively worst region
Kalos: objectively worst region
Spinoff games: shitty cash grabs
Anime: 100% filler

Board over, Pokemon fucking sucks ass, the fans admit it themselves, go home and stop wasting your fucking time.
>>
>>25633821
Do people still care about 3D? But why.
>>
>>25635136
>What features were REMOVED form Gold and Silver that were in Red and Blue?
The Safari Zone remember?
Oh of course you don't it wasn't in GSC. As well as several caves and dungeon type areas in Kanto.

>Seriously, this retroactive dislike of Gold and Silver is comical, if they were bad games, they wouldn't have been well received back then, instead 17 years later a handful of guys decide the game was bad.
You are seriously trying to say that people who had no way of telling if something was good or bad should give a detailed response as to why it's bad.

You also seem to be under the impression that the main game is what sold it, in Japan that would be the connectivity and the fact that it was portable in the West most of the fame can be traced back to the anime and the huge advertising campaigns rather than the actual games.
>>
>>25634291
But they still sell millions of games so no need for drastic changes. Hopefully they have full 3D towns like in the Yokai Watch demo game when they make a generation on the Nintendo NX.
>>
>>25635160
Shit man. You got me. Fuck dude. Better leave. Man you got me
>>
>>25633821
>wanting that camera angle
Did you visit Azure Bay? The camera angle is the same as on the left pic and it worked horribly.
>>
>>25635154
SMT 4 looks really good. The monster sprites are 2d, but the areas are very well made, same with the 3d models.
>>
>>25635136
>Seriously, this retroactive dislike of Gold and Silver is comical, if they were bad games, they wouldn't have been well received back then
Not him but game reviews weren't exactly indicative of what was actually within the game or what it was about. In those days it was more of just a large advert to get people to play instead of an objective view of it.
Also just because something is popular doesn't mean it's a particularly great game, for instance GTA 5 the game was considerably worse than 4 in many areas yet is one of the best selling games of all time I believe.

Anyway just because something is old doesn't mean we can't have objective views on the matter without letting the past get in the way of it
>>
>>25634804
>buy a 3ds
>never use 3d

You're retarded. Unless you're one of those faggots with shit eyes that gets "headaches".
>>
>>25634804
It improves the image quality
Just barely turn it on, don't go all the way up
>>
>>25635186
I'll give you the Safari Zone, although it's not around in gen V or VI either.
>As well as several caves and dungeon type areas in Kanto.
That's bullshit though. Sure Kanto was barren, but I don't see you complaining that every other generation "removed Kanto completely".
>>
>>25635186

> people who had no way of telling if something was good or bad

Playing the game is more than enough to know if something was good or bad.

Oh wait, everyone was just fucking stupid back then, right?
>>
Why are people seriously defending Gold and Silver?

We aren't being "mean" or trying to say that Gold and Silver were uniquely bad, Red Blue and Yellow sucked too, there was objectively nothing "good" about those games, we just happened to get lucky in that the first games started a fad that carried on to the point where that by Diamond and Pearl GF was actually able to get their shit together and make halfway decent games before finally getting it right with Black and White.
>>
>>25635245
>although it's not around in gen V or VI either.
Thing is they didn't feature a region that had it previously, in fact the thing they did in GSC for it mirrors the game corner in ORAS exactly the difference being they had no reason to in GSC.

>That's bullshit though. Sure Kanto was barren, but I don't see you complaining that every other generation "removed Kanto completely".
That's again because Kanto wasn't featured in any other game. Outside of those two.
>>
>>25635285
Go away unovabortion
>>
>>25635243
The 3d is terrible. People buy it because thats the console that the latest games run on you mongoloid
>>
>>25635255
>Oh wait, everyone was just fucking stupid back then, right?
Every one that played pokemon, yes which was predominantly highly impressionable kids who had no experience in RPGs.
Also there's a reason the pokemon hype died in the middle of gen 2.
>>
>>25635297
>That's again because Kanto wasn't featured in any other game. Outside of those two.
But Kanto wasn't the main focus in GSC. Of course the region won't hold as much content.
Yeah, Viridian Forest wasn't features in GSC the same way Kanto wasn't featured in Hoenn. You're saying if they can't copy every area from the previous game than it's no good.
>>
>>25635217
Would be fine with proper camera control, I know I am in a minority but I personally really liked how Lumiose city worked.
>>
File: 1446315646208.jpg (439KB, 896x1552px) Image search: [Google]
1446315646208.jpg
439KB, 896x1552px
>>
Everything from New Bark Town to defeating the Elite Four was essentially everything that would have been realistically expected of a sequel to Pokémon Red, Blue and Yellow.

If the game ended at that point, no one would have said "waah, the game map should be DOUBLE the size, what a rip off!"

Instead more than 15 years later we have people retroactively speculating that the Johto region itself would have had something like double the content if Kanto had been left out, which is pure conjecture, and that Gold and Silver are "bad games" as a result, which is at best a not especially considered opinion, even if one were to hate GS for any reason.

Both in person and on the internet, I don't recall a single negative reaction to Kanto being included as post game content, and CERTAINLY no one complaining that the existence of Kanto after the main quest, even in a somewhat abbreviated form, "diluted" the game, only that it added to its value.

It reminds me of when i see 19 year olds say things like "Mario 64 wasn't a great game, the graphics were bad and half the game is filler."
>>
>>25635323
>But Kanto wasn't the main focus in GSC.
Irrelevant, they decided to add in the region so you either keep in everything and build on it or don't do it at all.
Any other game series would have gotten trashed if that happened.
>>
>>25635327

>I personally really liked how Lumiose city worked.

PlayStation 1 games WITHOUT analog stick support had better camera control than Lumiose City.
>>
>>25635332
See >>25635314
Posting a mediocre text wall doesn't change anything.
>>
>>25634198
Dear god, was it really 21 years ago the PS 1 came out? Feels more recent than that...
>>
>>25635330

Bring in B/W 2's team and it'll be the best generation ever. seriously, even though that they used up every little bit of the 5th gen, they went out good.
>>
>>25635327
I haven't played much games like that on 3DS, but can you even make good camera controls for it? You have no sort of analog pad/d-pad on the right side. Well I guess L/R is possible though.
>>
>>25635314
>Oh wait, everyone was just fucking stupid back then, right?
>Every one that played pokemon, yes

Oh wow, I'm starting to realize that >>25635255 was really serious.
>>
>>25635353

>actually explains positions
>"DURR DURR DUM TEXT WALL UR WRONG FUK U"

There's no further reason to attempt to have any kind of a discussion with you.
>>
>>25635333
>if they can't keep everything then drop it altogether
And I'm sure any other game that would let you visit one city from another region would get praise for it instead of "it's just one city, not the whole region, it sucks!"
>>
>>25635358
New 3DS has a second analogue
Old 3DS owners can use the slide pad
>>
>>25635362
You're saying that sequels should not only have the exact same progression as the previous game as well as the sane antagonists but they should also tack on a shell of the previous game on the end.

Then you go on to say that biased views towards it are never wrong and that means the game was an objectively good game despite ignoring the glaring flaws with it.

Its pathetic how much you're grasping just to defend a poorly thought-out game from the 90s.
>>
>>25635359
They always are, their nostalgia doesn't permit them to accept any other viewpoint.
>>
>>25635312
>the 3d is terrible

Confirmed for shit eyesight.
>>
>>25635369
>And I'm sure any other game that would let you visit one city from another region would get praise for it instead of "it's just one city, not the whole region, it sucks!"
Any other game would add all of the cities and towns as well as their landmarks.
Gsc didn't and was praised for mediocrity.
>>
>>25635393

> sequels should not only have the exact same progression as the previous game

If you were to argue that the "get 8 badges and beat the Elite Four, and also defeat an evil team along the way, and occasionally fight a rival" formula needed to be fundamentally reexamined, I'd accept that as a major criticism of the series as a whole (only Gen V made ANY sort of attempt at rethinking it), but I fail to see how Pokemon Gold and Silver are uniquely guilty of that to the point where they should be considered bad games.

>the sane antagonists

Yeah, because antagonists never ever return for a direct sequel to the previous game/movie/whatever.

>Then you go on to say that biased views towards it are never wrong

I didn't say that, and in any case, how should being baised in favor of GS be considered any more or less inherently legitimate than being biased against it?

Its not like I'm some kind of Gen II fanboy, your revisionist nonsense simply deserves to be challenged.
>>
>>25635443
>Any other game would add all of the cities and towns as well as their landmarks.
I'm surprised you find any game satisfying with expectations like this
>>
>>25635445
>If you were to argue that the "get 8 badges and beat the Elite Four, and also defeat an evil team along the way, and occasionally fight a rival" formula needed to be fundamentally reexamined, I'd accept that as a major criticism of the series as a whole (only Gen V made ANY sort of attempt at rethinking it), but I fail to see how Pokemon Gold and Silver are uniquely guilty of that to the point where they should be considered bad games.
Unlike the future games in the franchise the game was more or less a retelling of RBY as far as the progression went. Next to nothing changed in that regard where as future installments tried to take the game away from the gym challenge to the point where black and white changed the end of the game to be the evil team rather than just another champion.
When it comes to a sequel people expect new plot points and a new formula, but the same one.

>Yeah, because antagonists never ever return for a direct sequel to the previous game/movie/whatever.
Very rarely outside of capeshit series and even then they realise that the same plot doesn't interest people.
Take a look at the sonic series eggman was the enemy of all three original games but the bosses were all different in how you tackle them and the ending and overall plot was different.

>I didn't say that, and in any case, how should being baised in favor of GS be considered any more or less inherently legitimate than being biased against it?
There's no such thing as being biased against something you've had experience with.
On the other hand if you're biased towards it you're inclined to ignore the factors that make something bad such as the points mentioned in this thread and make use strawmen to back up your point like you did earlier.
>>
>>25635530
Why wouldn't I be?
Not only do I get new content but I get the old ones along with the feelings of nostalgia that come with it.
>>
>>25635547
Because you're complaining about the size of post-game areas that no other pokémon game comes close to.
>>
>>25635541

>There's no such thing as being biased against something you've had experience with.

Are you arguing that someone having played a certain video game precludes the possibility of that person having any sort of negative opinions of it?

Man, I guess all the people who played ACTUAL bad games, and then went on to have a vendetta against them, must be either psychotic or some sort of radical innovators.
>>
>>25635570
That's because they didn't expand on Kanto in fact they reduced it, leaving Kanto nothing but a husk with about an hour of content padded by the terrible level scaling.
Black and White 2 despite removing a route did a much better job at expanding upon the older parts of the game and adding new content to it.
>>
>>25635541
>capeshit

You can't drop words like "capeshit" when you're having a heated debate over a E rated video game at the forefront of a merchandise driven multimedia franchise about cartoon animals with superpowers starring 10 year old children and aimed a kids under 5th grade.

The only ones more insufferable than the ones proclaiming superhero movies to be the modern equivalent of classical hellenistic mythology are the ones who act like making a show dissing them in public makes them some sort of subversive contrarians.
>>
>>25635610
You do know that Kanto weren't even supposed to be in GSC right and they only got to put it in after Iwata compressed all the rest? Unless you're a complete moron you would know that there was no way they could have put both regions in the game with their full content.
>Black and White 2 despite removing a route did a much better job at expanding upon the older parts of the game and adding new content to it.
That's because it's the same fucking region, not an additional one in the post game.
>>
>>25635594
>Are you arguing that someone having played a certain video game precludes the possibility of that person having any sort of negative opinions of it?

Do you know what a bias is?
Because your argument seems to be based on not knowing what it means.
>>
>>25634845
What are Gold and Silver
>>
>>25635638

I know what a bias is, but you obviously aren't willing to have anything resembling an actual discussion.

We aren't having a discussion as to the merits of Gen II.

You're just repeatedly spouting a pre-determined conclusion and saying that any suggestion to the contrary of your pre-determined conclusion is objectively incorrect.
>>
>>25635636
>You do know that Kanto weren't even supposed to be in GSC right and they only got to put it in after Iwata compressed all the rest? Unless you're a complete moron you would know that there was no way they could have put both regions in the game with their full content.
That's the point anon.
They had the extra time and space due to the delay and iwata's help and they chose not to improve the base game but lazily tack on something they couldn't fully replicate.

How can you not see how ridiculous of a choice that is and because of that Johto can't stand on it's own at all.
>>
>>25635673
>Johto can't stand on it's own at all.

Stating an opinion as a fact doesn't make it so.

Saying that every single person who enjoyed Johto is objectively wrong, and its YOU who are correct, is the action of a desperate partisan.
>>
>>25635661
>but you obviously aren't willing to have anything resembling an actual discussion.
Because you aren't providing any discussion material, to boil down your original argument you're saying that because it was well received back then and fondly remembered by people who haven't played it in years we aren't allowed to say that it's bad on any grounds when the fact of the matter is that pokemon wasn't anything special when even NES RPGs outshone it by a large margin.
>>
>>25635673
Johto on its own really isn't that barren, compare it to Kanto in RBY and it's about the same, the level curve sure is a problem but that's about it. The game as Johto+Mt Silver would have been worse but still presentable without Kanto.
>>
>>25635694
As a newfag to this thread, even though I liked Johto, I have to admit that Johto could've been better, or at least more polished if they excluded Kanto from the game.

Now to their defense there isn't much reason to not make an excellent post game area in recent games, the cartridges could easily handle that.
And I mean a new area, not a reused one.
>>
I can accept that Gen II sucked if you're willing to admit that Gen I sucked as well, because there were LOTS of things technically wrong with that game that just reflect flat out shoddy programming.

And Gen I sucked in the first place, the entire notion that we're all here at all is pure bullshit and we're all fucking morons for even being here on this board.
>>
>>25634206
No, Gamefreak is just incompetent. There are plenty of other RPG's with more content than Pokemon on the 3DS, that also look better. Monster Hunter Stories is a good example of what the system is capable of.
>>
>>25635754
>admit that Gen I sucked as well
Pretty sure he did in the first few posts.
>>
>>25635694
>Stating an opinion as a fact doesn't make it so.
>opinion
You are aware of how small and devoid of content Johto is right?
Even the other anon said people would have been disappointed with just Johto.

>>25635725
Without the Kanto elements it would have had less content than Rby anon until Crystal rolled along with the Battle tower.
>>
>>25633844
only if you buy a New 3ds!!! I swear Nintendo will do this just to sell more New 3ds units.
>>
>>25635757
Or you know, just Monster Hunter.
>>
>>25635754
Anyone who played RPGs before pokemon and isn't a genwunner knows they're bad.
>>
>>25635746

>I have to admit that Johto could've been better, or at least more polished if they excluded Kanto from the game.

I'm willing to explore that as a matter of conjecture, if they had the resources/expectation that that much map space would be available to them from the beginning (which knowing the history of the game's development cycle IS NOT THE CASE), and they could have filled that with meaningful material, yeah, GS could have been better.

But to retroactively proclaim that Gold and Silver where "bad games", and that everyone who enjoyed those games was under some sort of hypnotic spell that brainwashed them into thinking they were good, is fucking stupid.
>>
>>25635783
>and that everyone who enjoyed those games was under some sort of hypnotic spell that brainwashed them into thinking they were good, is fucking stupid.
Not him but to be fair that is more or less what nostalgia is. Until you replay it you'll always be under the impression that it was good because you as a child thought as such.
>>
All Pokemon is a series of cash in sequels to a shitty 20 year old 8 bit cartridge game for a 30 year old system that was literally considered withering technology even back in the 80's when it launched.

There, can we all agree to that and go home now?
>>
File: mh-stories-12-1.jpg (229KB, 1280x768px) Image search: [Google]
mh-stories-12-1.jpg
229KB, 1280x768px
>>25635773
I was more making the comparison with Stories because MH proper only has 5 or 6 biome maps in the game, where as Stories will have many very large, and very open worlds. It's more similar to how Pokemon handles routes.
>>
>>25635806

I like your predetermined conclusion that the only way someone could think this game is good is that they haven't played it since childhood.
>>
wanted to play johto but never got around to it. Should I play the original GBC or the remakes on DS?.
>>
>>25635783
I didn't say they were bad games. I said they could've been better. In fact I still play them from time to time and still enjoy them.
>>
>>25635806
I just bought Blue to play it again and I enjoyed it far more than ORAS. Mainly because you don't steamroll everything.
>>
>>25635783
>I'm willing to explore that as a matter of conjecture, if they had the resources/expectation that that much map space would be available to them from the beginning (which knowing the history of the game's development cycle IS NOT THE CASE), and they could have filled that with meaningful material, yeah, GS could have been better.
So, ignoring the fact that they reused resources out of the ass back then, what was stopping them from adding new content or even the battle tower earlier?
Doing that would have taken less time than recreating Kanto with GSC assets.
>>
>>25635830
>Mainly because you don't steamroll everything.
Nigga what.
You could 10 levels under and steamroll red and blue. What kind of shit are you on?
>>
>>25635160
>pokemon games suck
>stop wasting your fucking time
>posts on pokemon board.
>>
>>25635763
>Without the Kanto elements it would have had less content than Rby anon until Crystal rolled along with the Battle tower.
They're about the same really.
>>25635831
Pokémon games have always reused resources. The games are still about the same as they were 20 years ago. If you want drastic changes you're buying the wrong games.
>>
>>25635831

>battle tower

What makes you assume that that was even conceived of at the time? That's not something any players of the game even would have imagined.

It's somewhat like complaining that the Racoon Leaf from Super Mario Bros 3 wasn't in Super Mario Bros 2.
>>
>>25635824

I didn't say YOU said that, that's what that other guy is saying, and that THAT is what I'm arguing against.
>>
>>25635807
People buy the new games primarily to play with the new monsters. Gamefreak know this and don't bother updating the gameplay.
>>
>>25635850
I wouldn't say steamrolling, but yeah, that's usually the level you will be on if you don't grind. You will do fine, but it's not like in ORAS in which I barely remember a pokémon fainting. and you were around the same level or higher than the opponents even without the exp share and with a full team.
>>
>>25635866
>Pokémon games have always reused resources. The games are still about the same as they were 20 years ago. If you want drastic changes you're buying the wrong games.
Resources as in sprites. That said they rehauled the game in gen 3 and that's been the base for the gave since then.

Anyway, that doesn't answer my question.

>>25635867
And neither does this.
>>
>>25635154
Yeah but you don't even see your own demons in battle, just portraits. Meanwhile Pokemon has 600+ monsters to render in 3D
>>
have ANY of you dumb fucks even played the game?
the camera angle in the left pic is still in the final game.
>>
>>25635881
>I wouldn't say steamrolling, but yeah, that's usually the level you will be on if you don't grind
>grind
That's the level you'll be on if you skip trainers. If you battle them with no training you'll be near the same level and demolishing the game because of how dumb the AI is and how easy it is to accidentally abuse the special stat because it doesn't work like a normal Rpg.
Seriously though, RBY is the only pokemon game where being below the in game trainers can still be over levelled.
>>
>>25635882
I didn't answer it because the question is stupid, they did add new content. Big examples being breeding for example.
You're complaint is just that you didn't want to see Kanto again instead of something new. That's fine but it's ridiculous to call them universally bad games for that.
>>
>>25635920
I never called them bad, in my opinion they're ungraceful but not exactly bad.
Anyway, there's no real reason as to why they recreated Kanto instead of something new.
>>
>>25635917
I beat all the trainers except for on one route which I and was about 3-5 levels under most major opponents, and my highest leveled pokémon was 15 levels under Blue's best.
>>
>>25635942
Because they though people would like to revisit it 2 years later? Which a lot of people admittedly did.
Just look at RS and all the shit it got for being so extremely disconnected from everything else, not only in the connectivity department.
>>
>>25635950
which I skipped*
>>
>>25635955
>Just look at RS and all the shit it got for being so extremely disconnected from everything else,
Looking back on it people didn't really give it that much shit for that because it was all new rather than looking like RBY again. Most of the complaints were due to no connectivity.
>>
>>25635998
At least that was the case in the UK, I still have some Nintendo UK magazines lying about from then.
>>
>>25635243
I have a 3DS so I can play the games I want to play.

I could care less about the 3D aspect, which I tend to forget about most of the time. I just don't find it important or interesting
>>
>>25633821
are you implying that left looks better?
>>
>>25635891
No it isn't. Play it again you retard.
>>
>>25635823
Crystal has its charms, but HGSS is the best game in the series.
>>
>>25635330
>picking beta ORAS images
Damn, you sure convinced me.
>>
>>25635178
For the same reason people care about angles and square corners. Aesthetics are not negligible, and the 3D effective is fucking dope when used right. Pokemon doesn't use it right, and has serious lag issues.

3D =/= Pokemon's use of 3D
>>
>>25636444
>beta ORAS images
anon, I have bad news for you...
>>
>>25636680
Dude, did you play the game ? Ponds aren't that squared in the final product. Those are the pics GF gave us during the development.
>>
>Johto games
>good

I want redditors to leave.
>>
File: l2sNiCP[1].png (391KB, 869x490px) Image search: [Google]
l2sNiCP[1].png
391KB, 869x490px
>>25636444
>>25636713
You're an idiot
>>
>>25635357
i didn't like cheesewheel city
i miss the 2d environments 3d murdered a lot of pokemon and potential for different sprites
>>>>>>>>>yfw sun and moon will reuse the same shitty 3d models from x and y
>>
>>25636856
They confirmed a long while ago that the 3D models will be used for a long time. They partially look bad because of the 3DS hardware.
>>
>>25636856
The Pokemon models are good, its just the environments that suck
>>
>>25635285
I liked gold and silver more than black and white
I liked that in gen 1 and 2 you could tackle a bunch of the gyms after the 4th in whatever order you pleased, and then faced the 8th gym last
Was good, always nice to replay Yellow and Crystal and take a different route through the game.
>>
>>25638798
In gen 1 you can do that after the 2nd even. I just completed Koga, Blaine, Erika, Sabrina and Surge in that order.
This is something I'd like to see coming back to the new games, being free to challenge any gym in any order.
>>
>>25635186
OH NO!!!! NOT THE SAFARI ZONE!!!!
>>
>>25635243
>buy a 3ds
>never use 3d

But that's like 99% of 3DS buyers.
>>
I'm okay with the overhead camera as long as there are a few cinematic camera shifts here and there.

What I'm not okay with is it being twenty sixteen and we're still using perfectly square shaped land formations.
>>
File: 1457353988319.jpg (56KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1457353988319.jpg
56KB, 500x281px
>>25635285
you are objectively retarded
>>
>>25634852
>RER
?
>>
>>25643247
Resident Evil: Revelations, which is arguably still one of the best-looking titles on the handheld despite being released 8 months into its life.

>>25639614
>Have a 3DSXL
>Play in 3D a lot, get pumped to see what new games look like with 3D
>3D Slider breaks
It's not fucking fair, man.
>>
>>25635136
Anon, they actually did gimp Kanto as part of getting it to fit, don't you remember? Areas are truncated or cut entirely. HGSS fixes it somewhat but there are still things missing there as well (though I think the reason those things weren't added is because they'd have to retcon plot events, like you can't add Lavender Tower without retconning the Kanto Radio Tower, etc.)
>>
>>25633853
gen 6.5 CONFIRMED
>>
>>25634198
>Taking "literally" literally
>>
>>25645195
>Using "literally" liberally
>>
>>25645275
>Using "literally" any differently than liberally
>>
TRIPLE DIPLE
>>
>>25634198
kill yourself
>>
>>25634231
>Yes, and people will claim the endproduct is better than what we thought we were getting

Because it was.

The town where they implemented what we thought we were getting is infamous for its shitty controls.
>>
>>25634161
What kinda game did your mum make?
>>
>>25635058
>If Kanto wasn't in GS, we would have gotten the exact same game

In fairness, GS basically was meant to be the same game. Someone brought it up in another thread, but Gen 2 is really just "Pokemon 2" more than it is its own thing. That's why the plot is about picking up the pieces from the first game, why the difficulty spikes in terms of gym leaders are around the same places, and why the game pushes the original 150 pokemon into the forefront when it comes to wild encounters, with a lot of the notable gen 2 pokemon being either post-game (post-post game in some cases) or hidden.
>>
>>25635998
>>25636008

I specifically remember when it came out, the compaint that Gen 3 got from kids. And that was "it's too different".

Understand that kids don't want different. They want more of what they already like. It's why the core gameplay, while the underlying mechanics are overhauled every gen, on the surface has still always been the same with the exception of now being able to do double and triple battles.
>>
>>25635783
>I'm willing to explore that as a matter of conjecture, if they had the resources/expectation that that much map space would be available to them from the beginning
They did, actually. There were 2 different game boys carts out there, the difference being that one had more memory space on it. But GF didn't want to use the higher memory carts because they were more expensive and back then the company didn't have much money.
>>
>>25633821
They still used that tilt camera from some city angles
Thread posts: 190
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.