[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Complicated pokemon designs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

File: pokemon.png (319KB, 660x517px) Image search: [Google]
pokemon.png
319KB, 660x517px
What do you guys think about overcomplicated pokemon designs? I've always felt that the newer designs, (the legendaries in particular,) are way too complicated to the point where they look more like new mons than pokemon. Ive always felt that the idea of "pocket monsters" is more akin to the Gen 1 and 2 pokemon than any of the newer ones. Does /v/ think that pokemon should start going back to less complicated designs?

I'm not a genwunner, I just like the designs better from the early days
>>
>>25620336
>gen 4 is when designs really started getting out of hand
>gen 4/5 are the best gens
Coincidence?
>>
>>25620373
I would say they started getting bad in gen 3, and progressively got worse.
>>
>>25620336
pic unrelated of course
>>
>>25620336
>overcomplicated
I love this meme
Anyway the less they resemble animal with a quirk and more Monsters the better.
Gen 1 and 2 couldn't capture that feeling so they were often very boring and safe designs.
>>
>>25620401
pic very related :o
>>
File: meloetta.gif (80KB, 37x71px) Image search: [Google]
meloetta.gif
80KB, 37x71px
Legendaries are a meme. They are the most complex monster designs but everything ends up so busy and uninteresting that the only thing that carries them are their stats. Usually they tend to appeal to younger audiences for looking badass, which is why the bigger, edgier designs end up as box art legendaries these days

Pic-related is one of my favorites for being a simple, witty design that incorporates its gimmick quite well, and for being pretty cute, but not too generic-looking like Mew is. Straight to the point. I still feel like it shouldn't be an event though

I think there just seems to be a huge gap of interest involving legendaries because they're nothing but myths and legends that somehow only the player is capable of owning whether or not the story wills it. That's kind of what made Gen V so interesting when they had story reasons for characters other than the protagonist to use these creatures of mass destruction or Gen III for all its faults for having the Regis be something you had to go out of your way for
>>
File: 61.jpg (7KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
61.jpg
7KB, 200x200px
>>25620336
>/v/
>>
>>25620409
>Anyway the less they resemble animal with a quirk and more Monsters the better.
This. Oh so very this.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.