[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pokemon sun and moon fusion

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 16

File: image.jpg (127KB, 640x853px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
127KB, 640x853px
While playing through X again I noticed this and as someone who would hate the idea of people fusing with Pokemon with ash greninja and az floette it seems like this is going to be a thing in Pokemon sun and moon, what are you guys thoughts? Is there any evidence against it?
>>
God help us if they do.

GameFreak, for one, please do not fuck this up. Just give us a normal game with what we already have. New megas are okay but nothing beyond that. No new mechanics please. PLEASE.
>>
Trainer-Pokemon fusion would be too much for me.
>>
File: maractus.gif (156KB, 80x84px) Image search: [Google]
maractus.gif
156KB, 80x84px
>>25614200
Pokemon's 20 years old now

The Japanese have this awful idea of implementing gimmicks as new mechanics for long-running series. They tend to bog down games that otherwise don't need them in the first place, and are usually the first things to get dropped in the next installment

It's been like that with Zelda for years
>>
I mean it's been a part of the Pokemon game since RBY with Bill accidentally fusing with a Pokemon. It really isn't surprising that they'd consider exploring that further. I think fusing 2 Pokemon would be a lot more interesting/less gimmicky than fusing a human and a Pokemon, though...
>>
>>25614240
>It's been like that with Zelda for years
No it hasn't.
>>
>>25614264
That wasn't a fusion. He TURNED into a Pokémon.
>>
File: frillish-f.gif (155KB, 74x87px) Image search: [Google]
frillish-f.gif
155KB, 74x87px
>>25614283
>Time-based, three-day gimmick
>Awful, ocean-based sailing gimmick
>Wolf-based combat gimmick and motion controls in one port
>Awful touch-screen control gimmick
>Awful ocean 2.0 sky-based gimmick with motion controls

Major Zelda games haven't been straight-forward for years. The only ones that weren't bogged down with gimmicks were the 2D games
>>
>>25614264
Shh, /vp/ is full of experts.
>>
I'd prefer it if we never got fusions or burst mechanics.

That said... if we did, I'd shitpost about it for a day or two and then just accept it like I did Mega Evolution. The mechanics would really have to be shit for me to stop playing/caring about pokemon.
>>
>>25614337
I don't think you're aware as to what constitutes as a gimmick.
>>
File: porygon-z.gif (157KB, 70x68px) Image search: [Google]
porygon-z.gif
157KB, 70x68px
>>25614360
If the game itself is based on a certain gameplay element only for said gameplay element to not show up in the next installment, I think that qualifies as a gimmick

>a trick or device intended to attract attention, publicity, or business.
You mean to tell me motion controls or overworlds that had radically different travel from previous installments does not qualify?
>>
>>25614337
>>Awful, ocean-based sailing gimmick
Not him but that wasn't a gimmick, that was more akin to riding Epona.

>>Awful touch-screen control gimmick
This was a gimmick but not to the Zelda games specifically but for the DS in general.
>>
>>25614393
>You mean to tell me motion controls
No because the more popular versions were the ones without them.

>overworlds that had radically different travel
That would imply that it was any different from travelling by horse. The only difference is that the world was bigger.

Anyway if you're going to go with that line of thought no Zelda game has ever existed without a gimmick to it.

>1 was non linear
>2 was a side scroller
>LTTP had the dark world
>OoT had "time travel"
And so on.
>>
>>25614136
>>25614200
>>25614223
>>25614240
Fusion literally won't become a thing due to the effort they'll have to make on the models especially in the extremely likely situation that customization returns.
>>
>>25614398
If it was more akin to riding Epona, it would be completely optional like Epona is. Epona is a convenience, not mandatory for anything unless it was for 100%

>>25614440
I would say they less qualify when they aren't intrusive on the gameplay itself. Being nonlinear or having different worlds to travel don't mean anything when I'm still controlling Link from beginning to end using a controller in an overworld that doesn't need something else in order to get from point A to point B. Even Epona can be skipped when you get the Longshot

The sidescroller could probably be considered a gimmick though
>>
>>25614477
>I would say they less qualify when they aren't intrusive on the gameplay itself.
Define "intrusive".
Because one could make the argument that the nonlinearity of 1 impacted upon the game and the overall difficulty scaling of it due to the fact that the game gives you no hints as to where to go.

As for the Dark World in LTTP that was a central part of the game.
>>
File: fusionsarereal.png (347KB, 861x375px) Image search: [Google]
fusionsarereal.png
347KB, 861x375px
They already announced fusions accidentally in the last CoroCoro
>>
File: 1382526760205.png (253KB, 329x305px) Image search: [Google]
1382526760205.png
253KB, 329x305px
What Pokemon do you want to fuse with, anons?
>>
>>25614532
Darmanitan, Weavile or Dusclops.
>>
>>25614511
It's a central part of the story, but the Dark World is basically just another map to travel in to get from place to place. You could say turning into a rabbit is the gimmick, but you get an item that makes that point moot in the first place. Plus the game's coding doesn't even read the Dark World dungeons as being in the Dark World, so you can technically still be Link without needing the Moon Pearl

Intrusive would mean you're required to play the game in a certain way in order to get from place to place, ergo Link needs to ride a bear to get around the Dark World. Or something that takes away getting from place to place on-foot with your character. Something added into the game that doesn't affect the core gameplay, be it puzzles or combat, but a necessity to beat it

>>25614522
Wow, this is some dumb ass reaching
>>
>>25614565
>Intrusive would mean you're required to play the game in a certain way in order to get from place to place, ergo Link needs to ride a bear to get around the Dark World.
So the way you would have to go from world to world to reach certain places in each world?
Tell me more anon.
>>
>>25614565
Enemies that require me to use the bow are a gimmick becauze I can't just use my sword like I would normally
>>
>>25614578
I'm just saying on-foot. Wind Waker and Skyward Sword require mandatory things to ride to even explore the world, which makes the world feel less connected

Even A Link Between Worlds throws in a gimmick of paint-walking but at least the overworld doesn't require me riding something just to get from place to place. Maybe if the islands in Wind Waker weren't so absurdly small I'd have less issue with the sailing because there would be more to explore on each island. Instead they're all separated into a singular 'main-quest' and a 'side-quest' with nothing else to do on the islands once you've done the quest in the first place. It'd feel less gimmicky if the sailing wasn't the major focus of Wind Waker, since that distracts and takes away from the combat entirely. You could say there's combat on the boat with the cannon or boomerang, but it's obviously not refined in the slightest

Can't say much about Skyward Sword because the only way to fix that game is to redo it from the ground up. And all I said was is that these games have been relying on gimmicks for years because they're long-running series. Whether or not the gimmicks are good or bad is subjective, but straight-forward experiences like Pokemon are pretty few and far between
>>
>>25614136
>ash greninja and az floette
Why do people bring these two up like they share the same concept of synchronization? The Eternal Floette looks NOTHING like AZ aside from a slightly similar color scheme, and according to his backstory it was given to him in that form by his late mother. Plus it was separated from him for 3000 years do you really think it would still be in that form for all that time? The Ash Greninja type of form is temporary and and according to the legend of that form it's only ever been seen before a few hundred years back from the modern day of the anime, but that was also with another Greninja.
>>
>>25614532
Honchkrow for maximum fedora-tipping
MOONFAG AND PROUD
>>
File: 1456640191724.jpg (326KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1456640191724.jpg
326KB, 800x800px
>>25614136
>mfw gf scraps character customization for good and replaces it with the ability to become a gijinka
>>
>>25614565

>Wow, this is some dumb ass reaching

Or it's a goddamn joke you idiot idiot IDIOT
>>
>>25614136
I'm on board for like 16 or 17 years now but that would truely make me quit this wild ride and with no way back in sight. There are some things I'm simply not able to wrap my head around when I'm playing a game and fusing with fucking Pokemon is one of them
>>
File: Bill_fusion_with_Clefairy.png (3KB, 240x160px) Image search: [Google]
Bill_fusion_with_Clefairy.png
3KB, 240x160px
Bill fuse with a Pokémon.
>>
>>25614337
You forgot the
>Awful, Child- and Adult- age gimmick
sempai
>>
>>25614532
I wonder if a character that fuses with a ghost pokemon becomes half-dead. Or gains the access to 'the other side'.
>>
>>25614522
......Are you serious?
>>
File: 1437683969368.jpg (96KB, 840x700px) Image search: [Google]
1437683969368.jpg
96KB, 840x700px
>>25615666
>666
S-screencapped
>>
>>25614337
You just want to find some retarded reason to hate modern Zeldas
>>
File: Who the fuck.jpg (50KB, 700x480px) Image search: [Google]
Who the fuck.jpg
50KB, 700x480px
>>25614532
Kirlia.
>>
>>25615666
You become a soul reaper, that kills the franchise :DDXDD
>>
>>25614962
I agree totally. Human-Pokemon fusions would make me drop my long-time favorite franchise. Not even kidding, I wouldn't end up buying SM knowing that shit will be in there. I hope GameFreak isn't THAT stupid. The human-Pokemon fusion concept is utterly atrocious.

I want to like SM. I want to look forward to the hype leading up to release. Regardless of /vp/'s shitposting, I liked XY and ORAS, and still enjoy the franchise. I don't want to leave now after so long.

>>25615087
He didn't fuse, he became a Pokemon. There's a huge difference
>>
zeldafags BTFO ITT
>>
I think i shall be like the anime, your pokemon looks like you and get extra stats, but if he is defeated you shall faint too.

Greninjash and AZ's Floette are examples, maybe some pokemon shall get this "fusion" when you reach some "friendship or trustworthy".
>>
>>25614337
>everything more complicated than pressing a button to swing the sword is gimmicky

Sure it is.
>>
was the macro/aero bike a gimmick?
>>
>>25618719
Explain why people say AZ's Floette is s fusion. It looks like a unique Floette, but no fusion.
>>
File: image.gif (840KB, 233x310px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
840KB, 233x310px
>>
>>25619849
According to the lore, that look is thanks to "the bonds between the pokemon and the trainer" and it didn't happen since the king's epoch

It explains the funny look, but it appears in the games too, it is strange, so ambiguous.
>>
>>25614136
You do know this NPC is referencing Bill from Red and Blue where he created a machine that could turn him into a Pokemon... Not a Sun and Moon foreshadowing...
>>
File: image.png (269KB, 353x450px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
269KB, 353x450px
>>25614136
I'm ok with turning into a Pokemon for a bit, it could open up some clever ideas like avoiding capture and what not, though fusing with one seems very weird, and I done think I'm comfortable with that. Unfortunately it seems Pokemon is going the way of Digimon, and fusion is on the bucket list.
>>
>>25614337
it's just called differnt settings you know, to prevent the games to feel the exact fucking same
>>
>>25614522
For the last fucking time... IT'S LITERALLY JUST HAVING SCALD USED ON IT YOU FUCKING TWAT.
>>
>>25620240
According to the lore of the Eternal Floette she was given to AZ by his late mother, she would have already had this appearance by the time she was given to him, so it's not the same as Ash Greninja. Plus she and AZ were separated for 3000 years, I HIGHLY doubt she would have been in a form similar to Ash Greninja for 3 millennia, especially since you need a strong bond and full synchronization with a Pokemon in order to achieve such a form, she died and was resurrected by AZ with the cost of killing a large population of Pokemon and probably humans. Doubt she would trust him enough to have a strong bond with him after that. Also according to the lore behind the Ash Greninja form it only occurred once before a few hundred years prior to the modern day of the anime, and it has only occurred with a Greninja.
>>
>>25614455
Easy out: palette swaps

>extremely likely situation

kek
>>
File: pocket-monster-reburst-2975695.jpg (197KB, 1200x862px) Image search: [Google]
pocket-monster-reburst-2975695.jpg
197KB, 1200x862px
Been there, done that.
>>
Why become a Pokemon when we can mix & match Pokemon we already like?
>>
File: 1456749526805.png (361KB, 888x1090px) Image search: [Google]
1456749526805.png
361KB, 888x1090px
If they can pull it off then I'm all for it. Pokemon has always been about strengthening the bond between a Pokemon and it's trainer, so why the fuck not fuse?
>>
I assumed it had to do with mystery dungeon as I read that the most recent one had the protagonist get turned into a Pokemon or some shit
>>
>>25614136
I'm pretty sure that I read somewhere that GF was planning on simplifying the games, not complicating them.

Can anyone confirm this?
>>
>>25623630
Only when it came to the designs of the Pokemon themselves.
>>
>>25623630
I also remember reading this.
>>
We're probably just getting something similar to Ash Greninja in Sun and Moon, not fusion.
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.