[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who came up with this edgy crap?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 100
Thread images: 17

File: image.jpg (68KB, 322x456px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
68KB, 322x456px
Who came up with this edgy crap?
>>
>>25097194
The Developer(s) Genius Sonority
Publisher(s) The Pokémon Company
Distributor(s) Nintendo
Director(s) Manabu Yamana
Producer(s) Gakuji Nomoto
Hiroyuki Jinnai
Hiroaki Tsuru
Kenji Miki
Shigeru Miyamoto
Programmer(s) Masayuki Kawamoto
Artist(s) Sin'Ichi Hiromoto
Writer(s) Kazunori Orio
Composer(s) Tsukasa Tawada
Series: Pokémon
>>
File: Geniussonority_logo.png (5KB, 242x72px) Image search: [Google]
Geniussonority_logo.png
5KB, 242x72px
>>25097194
still less edgy than reborn or rejuvenation

i mean, i don't remember anyone dying in Colosseum.
>>
>>25097215
I died
>>
Hotrod unicycle: dumbest vehicle in videogame history?
>>
A game about friendship, hard work and animal rights?

Edgy as fuck.
>>
>>25097395
It reads like it was written by Chris Chan.
>>
>>25097417
Not every terrible fanfiction is edgy, y'know.
>>
>>25097424
Pokemon Colosseum is.
>>
>>25097469
Okay, I'll bite. How's it edgy?
>>
I liked the concept of a somewhat Mad Max like region, with rusty metal and dusty ruins.
The animation of the human characters was really shitty, though.
>>
>>25097255
you don't count as a human.
>>
>>25097476
Edgy protag, stealing Pokemon, shadow Pokemon, playing as a member of the evil team, edgy region, edgy eeveelutions.
>>
>>25097577
This. The borderline diesel punk vibe of the bike was nice. Some of my favorite towns in the whole series desu. Beautiful concepts that really make you remember them. No wild pokemon sucked, however it made the villains more important and more formidable At least the main characters aren't Gumby like demi-humans like they become in XD Gale of Darkness
>>
File: okay.jpg (123KB, 2000x1125px) Image search: [Google]
okay.jpg
123KB, 2000x1125px
>>25097618
>edgy protag
picture
>edgy eeveelutions
>stealing pokemon is edgy
what is team rocket
>shadow pokemon
picture
>playing as a member of the evil team
but isn't that like wet dream of everyone here? or did people get bored with that. also it's ex-member.
>edgy region
oh wow, the entire REGION is edgy just cause it's mostly a desert!
>espeon and umbreon
>espeon
wow so edgy that you need to make him happy during daytime
>>
>>25097661
and before you ask, i am not the same anon.
>>
>>25097618
Stealing them back, which is something Ash does in literally every episode that isn't a gym battle. Find out the villains are more evil than you can stomach, decide to turn a new leaf and take them all head by leaving with their tech, Considering those are friendship evolutions, typically, the character isn't an inherently bad person even before the story starts. My best guess is that he must have needed work/money in a desolate region.
>>
>>25097618
>Edgy protag
I don't think someone whose goal is to purify evilized Pokémon would be edgy.
>edgy eeveelutions
So edgy that to obtain them you need to make Eevee happy?
>>
>>25097661
The wet dream of every edgy autist.
>>
>>25097731
Turning over a new leaf and de-edging a bunch of creatures that were evilized by a criminal organization?
>>
>>25097631
The unicycle with gigantic exhaust pipes was retarded.
>>
>>25097734
Shadow the Hedgehog fought for 'good' in StH. Doesn't mean he isn't edgy. Most edgy protags are good guys. Like Dante.
>>
>I don't like it but I cannot explain why so I'm gonna hide behind buzzwords that should somehow make my critic noteworthy

Nobody cares about you and your shitty thread.
>>
>>25097750
You're thinking of Donte. Dante wasn't as edgy as he was an ass-clown.
>>
>>25097813
Heh. Never have cared, never will.
>>
>>25097831
You're such a badass, Anon.
>>
File: image.jpg (46KB, 236x623px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
46KB, 236x623px
>>25097845
Nice meme, kiddo.
>>
>>25097867
>Heh, Nothing personel, kid
>>
Can't wait for gen 7 when we have people bitching at the game for being "edgy" for having villains that want to destory/take over the world.
>>
>>25097194
Apparently an American developer.
No wonder these games were a flop in Japan and outside.
>>
File: image.jpg (19KB, 150x262px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
19KB, 150x262px
>>25097902
>Where are those DAMN shadow Pokemon?
>there is no good or evil, only actions. *rides motorised tricycle*
>I was the toughest fighter at the Snagem fighting academy *blows up building* Allahu ackbar, kid.
>>
File: carlton.gif (833KB, 350x497px) Image search: [Google]
carlton.gif
833KB, 350x497px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZsOwo9rhsQ
>>
>>25097963
What is it with autists like you who get so offended when edgy shit is pointed out? I bet you wear your wallet on a chain.
>>
>>25097194
I remember thinking that the underground city used to be the coolest place ever
I hope we get a proper sequel someday
>>
>>25097618
>edgy protag
Design-wise, you are right. Character-wise it wasn't overdone.

>shadow pokemon
Yeah, it could've been a lot cooler than it was. It could also have been a LOT edgier than it was.

>edgy region
Nah, man. You're grasping here.

>>25097631
>Some of my favorite towns in the whole series
Completely agree.
>>
>>25097194
someone who likes fun
>>
>>25097925
None of that happened except the allahu ackbar at the beginning. You're putting words in a silent protagonists mouth.
>>
File: image.jpg (48KB, 680x848px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
48KB, 680x848px
>>25097618
>edgy
>2016
>still using edgy to describe something
>>
Still interested - why gamefreaks remakes genwun a million times but completely ignores side games like colosseum and gale of darkness? Did it sold that bad so they don't care anymore?
>>
>>25099021
Third party devs might be the issue. They didn't make colloseum.
>>
Don't bully Colosseum
>>
>>25097212
Underrated post
>>
>>25097194
I bet you think Shadow Lugia from XD is also edgy.
>>
>>25098130
We had a sequel.
>>
>>25099035
GF is probably worried that a third party can possible handle Pokemon better than themselves.
>>
BRING BACK THE SHADOW POKEMON.

Set them up as the Enemy's counter measure against the rise of Mega-Evolutions because those are basically the opposite of Shadow Pokemon (they cannot level-up or learn attacks, while Mega-Evo is the concept of breaking the limits of Pokemon power, bringing change).

Have the Enemy holding a special armband that powers up the Shadow Pokemon when it's fighting and make their attacks super effective against the enemy, making them a huge threat to the player. Of course, you cannot acquire said armband.
>>
File: latest.jpg (28KB, 300x860px) Image search: [Google]
latest.jpg
28KB, 300x860px
How can you say this faggot isn't edgy?

>long coat with the bottom part open
>huge sunglasses
>retarded haircut straight from your average shonen
>skin tight black suit under the coat, probably made of leather
>boots with huge platforms for no reason
>rides a huge bike
>blatantly assymetrical design
>is a renegade
>also happened to be a young promise from the bad guys before being a renegade
>his starters are two eeveelutions related to light and darkness
>steals pokemon

Sure, it could be worse. He could wield a katana, dress all black and cut himself every night. But compared to any mainline MC he's a fucking edgelord. It's almost as edgy as you can get while being a silent protagonist.
If he was fanmade he would be reposted in every cringe thread ever, but since he's official and from Gen III (old enough to be flawless in the eyes of underage /vp/) people will be in denial.
>>
>>25099305
Why does he even have a white stripe on his face?
>>
>>25099305
He's super edgy looking, but his goals are just. Also, people who grew up with gen III are above 18.
>>
>>25099305
He just looks typical JRPG tier which is a different issue but not edgy.
>>
>>25099021
Tell that to Pokémon Snap
>>
>>25099302
Never thought of it this way, but you're right. With the way they stress that a good bond is required for mega evolution to work, having a sort of anti-mega-measure in the form of shadow pokemon is a pretty neat idea and a nice callback to boot.
>>
>>25099302
If we're talking about the mainline games, would GF be comfortable introducing them if you can't snag and purify them? It worked in the other games because that was their focus.
>>
>>25097750
if you mean the actual shadow game it actually had branching good/evil storylines which was one of the only good parts
>>
>>25097194
honestly every faggot on this board needs to ensure that the game they're playing needs to be teletubbies tier before they can play it

You can't stand ANY edge in a video game? You can't stand ANY mention of death, destruction, war, etc? And I generalize and say video games instead of just Pokemon because some of you magnify what you find 'edgy' in a game like this or in a fangame or whatever and act so adversely to it that I find it hard to believe that you're not rendered completely insecure when confronted with something actually edgy.

And I know this is just a bait thread meant to make kiddos angry but I also know there are some of you who seriously have never went past your childhood mentality and are stuck on this board whining about new games, posting disgusting images of your fetishes because you have no level of self-control, and will never think of anything beyond your own shitty self and love of a children's game.
>>
>>25100190
t. xXx_Dark_Red_666_xXx
>>
File: Pokémon.Colosseum.full.785355.jpg (654KB, 850x833px) Image search: [Google]
Pokémon.Colosseum.full.785355.jpg
654KB, 850x833px
>>25097194
I'm interested in Wes's backstory like why he got into Team Snagem in the first place and what made turned him into traitor.

Wes > Michael
>>
Honestly, this and XD are two of the best Pokémon games I've played (best in the consoles hands down)
>>
>>25101247
Probably my main issue with GoD as a game. The flavor that Colosseum built just wasn't there.
>>
File: 1452924139551.jpg (22KB, 400x200px) Image search: [Google]
1452924139551.jpg
22KB, 400x200px
>>25101205
>>
File: Pokémon.full.748577.jpg (497KB, 850x840px) Image search: [Google]
Pokémon.full.748577.jpg
497KB, 850x840px
>>25101255
Yeah. Colosseum had that gritty Western atmosphere. The Under and Pyrite Town were fantastic locations with tons of charm. The main character being a former villainous team member was great too.

It's a shame that GoD didn't expand on any of that.
>>
>>25099302
This is a pretty good idea.
>>
>>25101247
We don't know why he joined Team Snagem, but they tell us he betrayed them because he thought the Snagem Machine was too powerful to be left in evil hands
>>
File: Colo_Gonzap.png (30KB, 187x150px) Image search: [Google]
Colo_Gonzap.png
30KB, 187x150px
How did Gonzap go from this...
>>
File: GoD_Gonzap.png (204KB, 560x420px) Image search: [Google]
GoD_Gonzap.png
204KB, 560x420px
>>25101389
to this?
>>
File: Primeape.png (35KB, 731x476px) Image search: [Google]
Primeape.png
35KB, 731x476px
>>25097194
>not liking the best spinoffs next to the mystery dungeon series
kill your sell my man
>>
>>25101395
He learned Gear 4.
>>
>>25097212
Kek
>>
>>25097867
nothin personal, degenerate duty kiddo
>>
>>25101411
Honestly, most of the spin-offs are good. Ranger is also great.
>>
>>25099103
>XD
Leave.
>>
>>25099587
The fact that I spoke about an armband worn by the enemy that would increase the stats of Shadow Pokemon and that you cannot acquire makes it obvious that the Snag Machine would still play a part. You'd snag them but they wouldn't be the the ultra powerful Pokemon that shot down most of your team so hard that you had to rely on your Mega-Evo to hold against it. Set the player as someone whose secondary goal is too recover Shadow Pokemon and let him question his goal as he snatches some from innocent civilians who start hating him from stealing what was theirs.

Yes, I was kinda mad how that point was never brought up in the games. The guys basically fight with their Pokemon and don't mistreat them. They are unaware that they are using Shadow Pokemon, they just think it's "more powerful unique version" of it, and then there's this fucker who comes up and steals them for MUH GREAT JUSTICE.
>>
>>25097731
You know, the phrase "edgy autist" is pretty damn edgy.
>>
>>25103488
At least in Colosseum it made sense. Wes has probably stolen from all kinds of people, and as a former gang member he's not entirely above lowering his public image or breaking some eggs to get his way. He's a thief through and through, just one with some standards and a few lines that he won't cross.
>>
>>25104173
I was mostly speaking about the GoD protag. The only questionable thing about Wes is stealing the Shadow Mons from the Pyrite guys. They might have been rough guys that did shove people around but that's to be expected when you live in city that has no way of maintaining order and is left to rust along with its machines due to the fact that the mining industry that was the main aspect of the city collapsed, leaving its inhabitants to fend off for survival.
I fucking swear, the Colosseum lore itself was so much more interesting than what the main games can bring. The simple fact of being a renegade that has a network of underground geeks helping you was much more fun than "normal Trainer in shitty town goes to adventure".

It's mainly the GoD protag that is idiotic. Do you remember the guy near the lighthouse that just wanted to "test his newly acquired Pokemon" with you? The poor guy knew nothing, had done nothing wrong, and expressedly said afterwards that he was missing his 'Mon.
>>
I love how kids think it's cool to hate Pokemon Colosseum. Literally no one hated it when it came out to about a year and a half ago.
>>
>>25104337
That's why it got negative reviews when it came out.
>>
>>25104337
>about a year and a half ago
>>
>>25097831
- Shadow the Hedgehog
>>
>>25104492
>not t.
Do you even meme?
>>
>>25104310
>the Colosseum lore itself was so much more interesting than what the main games can bring
No, the main games can, but don't, bring much more than Colo and GoD.
Also, imagine that the I protags bring back the Pokemon in the end, or release them to find their old trainers.
>>
>>25101395
Probably sexier this way to be honest
>>
>>25108060
Why not start a Gamecube spin-offs thread instead of bumping a shitpost?
>>
>>25108073
That's not a bad idea, actually
>>
>>25108185
>if you're not edgy you're a brony
16 year old detected.
>>
Edge that isn't over the top every now and again is good though. I need some variety.
>>
>>25110244
>Wes leaves a criminal background
>begins fighting on the side of good
>purifies Pokémon that have been evilized
>looks no edgier than the average JRPG protagonist
>there is still a glimmer of hope that can be realized
That last one is important - anything wherein people can and do work hard to realize hopes is hardly edgy.

>>25110295
"Edge" is used to describe over-the-top "dark and gritty" stuff. Good dark goes for cynicism. Bad dark goes for shock value and audacity.
>>
>>25097194

>tfw this is how i got my 2nd gen starters

No more golden days of playing pokemon guys.
>>
File: cuckkk.jpg (3KB, 123x89px) Image search: [Google]
cuckkk.jpg
3KB, 123x89px
>>25097194

Better than this cuck/game
>>
>>25099302
Make this happen and I'd be GFs bitch hence forth
>>
>>25100190
Some truth can be found in this post. People are patrolling threads way too hard for edginess. Ultimately it seems out of place in a friendship based franchise but I'd like to extend a hand to it solely for the purpose of better villains. I hate Team Flare's beyond shallow/baseless motives (in-game) and would like a decent threat other than a fucking psycho shut-in named Cyress. As if half of us couldn't have been him anyway, he's practically normal tier for a villain, trumped only by Giovanni in baseless motives.
>Muh beauty
>Muh money
>Muh personally constructed metaphysical dimension

How about some shitlords that just don't care about the pkmn hype and abuse them as tools and literally change their behavior as previously depicted. How many curveballs are up GF's sleeve this late in the franchise desu. Bring something solid and objectively evil back and leave aesthetic fucks and textbook arch enemies in the dust.
>>
>>25097194
They most likely inspired by that Pokémon Movie that Stars Celebii (the one with the Devil Pokéballs held by dick mc-asshole.)
>>
File: SexyJ.png (104KB, 370x500px) Image search: [Google]
SexyJ.png
104KB, 370x500px
>>25110802
And in turn they created this cunt.
>>
>>25097215
>>I mean, I don't remember anyone dying in Colosseum.
Especially YOU: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBzn3LB3YRQ
>>
>>25110420
What is this? A picture for Durants?
>>
>>25110865
>this fight
fucking Melia, stop being useless.

again, Amber makes them look like a joke.
>>25100190
suddenly this post appeared

is this our savior?
>>
>>25099302
Weren't shadow attacks already SE against everything in GoD?
>>
File: 250px-JakIIbox.jpg (39KB, 250x354px) Image search: [Google]
250px-JakIIbox.jpg
39KB, 250x354px
>>25097194
I still believe that this was made as byproduct of a then-current gaming fad that was going on at the time. First Jak and Daxter was just a friendly, colorful platformer until its edgy shooty-sequels came out. Then we get Bomberman Act Zero, which tried to reboot a cute little astronaut thing into a mean cyborg. We also got Shadow the Hedgehog (Sonic with guns) and then '06 (Sonic, starring real human people). and a bunch of other stuff. happened to Ratchet: Deadlocked too. still love that game.
>>
Pokemon Colosseum at least didn't take itself too seriously, and had a lot of silly/quirky moments scattered throughout the game.

The garbage known as the BW Games were much edgier
>>
>>25101658
This, I feel like I'm the only person who can enjoy Pokemon spinoffs for what they are.
Thread posts: 100
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.