[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /vp/, we're thinking about hosting a synchronized Pokemon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 4

File: pokegroup1.png (1MB, 3000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
pokegroup1.png
1MB, 3000x2000px
Hey /vp/, we're thinking about hosting a synchronized Pokemon X Y playthrough. It's just for fun, nothing super competive. All information should be in the OP image. Feel free to as any questions and share your thoughts.
>>
>>25095735
First for fun allowed.
>>
>>25095775
second for fuck you
>>
>>25095791
what's your friend code?
>>
I might be interested, OP
>>
Sounds interesting. Though I don't really wanna restart my Y save, is there anyway to back up the save with menuhax?
>>
>>25095735
Sound interesting. Is wondertrade permitted?
>>
>>25095993
svdt, use google next time
>>
Great I wanted to give my X one serious last run, that's a great way of doing that.

I'm in.
>>
Count me in! We don't -need- to use starters do we?
>>
I'll join! Do I need to give my friend code and such? I've been wanting to do a new playthrough of X for a while.

How will everyone meet up for the tourney? Just Skype?
>>
Would be cool to do this in NeoXY or some other increased difficulty hack, would make it more fun.
>>
>>25097183
Is there an increased difficulty hack available? I would like to do that if I could.
>>
>>25097272
Currently only Neo XY which is kinda not a great hack. The best difficulty hacks are for ORAS where I would recommend either Meme Sapphire or Rutile Ruby/Star Sapphire. To read up more on Gen VI romhacks check out /hbg/'s pastebin:
http://pastebin.com/0VB0v7Hc
>>
>>25097280
Thank you!
>>
All you need to do is set some dates and I will try to be there. Will probably just transfer all of my shit to pokebank then to ORAS and do the new run.
>>
I'm down.
Is there gonna be a skype group or something?
>>
>>25097365
https://join.skype.com/AE0VTw59nTdn
>>
>>25097377
It would be nice to share that link on the OP as well friend codes of participating players on as pastebin file.
>>
>>25097178
You can use any mon you would like to as long as it's caught in your game and isn't a giftmon outside of one of the 6 starters, but the starters themselves aren't a requirement if you would like to box the ones you do choose.

We just want to encourage people to use mons they may have never tried using before since there's such a huge amount that can be caught in XY, which is the same reason why legendaries aren't allowed and megas are going to be saved for the final tourney because of the amount of postgame exclusive ones.
>>
I'd participate if it was with a good game instead of that shit.
>>
>>25097707
We were going to do HG/SS but then we realized Nintendo nuked the servers.
>>
can all participating players either post their friend codes ITT or send them to me on skype @ syruplovesyou

thank you, I'm setting up a pastebin of all participating players.
>>
>>25098835
Posted on the skype group, will post it here too:
0146-9964-0770
>>
>>25099000
name?
>>
>>25099114
Wasp Eye
>>
>>25099159
thanks, ill have the full list hopefull up by tonight
>>
We still adding people?
>>
>>25101398
We'll be adding people till this thread 404's
>>
http://pastebin.com/EFFrZC68

people participating so far that have sent me their friend code.
>>
Sylvey 1221-0316-2344 my in game name is Prosper
>>
>>25102099
added you to the list
>>
>>25095735
>No Amie or ST
>Sylveon effectively banned
Fuck this.
>>
>>25102685
oh yeah, sylveon is allowed. Does Amie effect link battles?
>>
>>25103299
It doesn't; Amie should be allowed and a new OP made to reflect the changes & the fact that people are actually doing this. As-is you've got an erroneous and not very inclusive OP with a "maybe we'll do this" attitude, rather than a "HAPPENING, all aboard!" attitude.

Super Training should be allowed as well because who the fuck cares? The time investment/stat payoff of supertraining isn't gonna matter for shit on a synced playthrough. Plus it'll give folks something to do when they've reached the current checkpoint.
>>
>>25103369
While we're at it, why the level cap? Aren't link battles set to 50 anyway?
>>
>>25103395
Normally they are, but I assume we're taking levels into account for each battle, as we're doing it after each gym. So "no restrictions" instead of standard rules.
>>
Am interested in this OP, will check back in the morning and input my FC
>>
I think I'll be participating. FC is 1521-6611-6498. My name will be Aubrey in game.

When will this officially start? And when will tournaments be held?

Will it be like the /vp/ leagues or...?
>>
>>25095735
>>25103450
Also, what do you think about some optional rules like being able to trade a pokemon with another player every gym badge or so, or if two players battle, the winner can trade one of his mons for one of the losers (his pick of choice)?

Probably didn't word that too well but you should get the gist. Just an idea spice things up if interested
>>
>>25103407
not what I meant faggot. OP's entire post is gonna entice literally nobody to join in
>>25103409
Aren't badges enough of a requirement? Hold the tournaments every couple days and have a badge requirement to participate. So first tourney is 1 and under, second is 2 and under, etc. This way people who discover the project a few days in can jump in, compete immediately, and have more incentive to grind up and catch up.
>>25103415
if someone really wants to spend 900000 hours to beat me in a /vp/ group tournament battle then that's up to them. Even so, what's grinding gonna get them? A new move? Some EVs? It's a lotta work for no payoff in a "for fun" tournament. This can be covered under a "don't be a faggot" rule. Can you even see native levels in a link battle when they're all set to 50 anyway?

>>25103469
This is my point. The thread/OP is so wishy-washy that bright folks like this don't even know that some kids are having for fun battles RIGHT NOW in the skype group. People don't even know that you can start RIGHT NOW and all you have to do is beat the 1st gym by the Feb 1st deadline. (and also meet the meaninless level + Pokemon requirements in OP's image)
>>
>>25095735
3093-7281--0864

IGN is Justie.
>>
>>25095735

>The pacing of XY just goes into maximum overdrive directly after the 3rd gym

It's so tragic because it just sets you up for disappointment thinking that the entire game would be like 1st to 2nd and 2nd to 3rd.
>>
>>25103492
>OP's entire post is gonna entice literally nobody to join in
Okay, besides me having about 20 people in so far, which is more than enough.

We just want it to be a fair as possible because there will be people who abuse the system. You dont have to participate.
>>
>item clause
>sleep clause

what the fuck is this? for what purpose?
>>
>>25103529
There's absolutely nothing wrong with sleep clause.
>>
>>25103514
Sorry for being so harsh, I know you put time into this and it is panning out alright, all things considered. I am interested, which is why I'm judging so harshly.
I just think it could be better, more refined. A new thread/OP might be good to clarify some things and change this thread's confusion to enthusiasm.
Here's a simplified ruleslist, thoughts?
>Rules
>1. Don't be a faggot
>2. No Legendaries
>3. No Megas until final round
>4. No breeding, bank, injection etc.
>5. Trading only allowed among other /vp/ group players
>6. If you go over badge limit, skip that round
>?7. Sleep clause and item clause for tournaments

>>25103529
Item clause definitely doesn't need to be there, and sleep clause is debatable. It's not like Breloom is even in the regional dex, and Butterfree isn't broken or anything.
>>
>>25103534
>>25103553
Totally misunderstood this as a single player thing. It makes sense with multiplayer for all the whiny people who don't know how to play. Why no swagger clause, baton pass clause or evasion clause? LOL
>>
>>25103622
Looks a bit neater, but i still feel like we should have the level cap, because of evolutions and stuff like that. Even if they all become level 50 a level 49 is going to easily destroy a level 12
>>
>>25103664
But do you honestly expect someone to level their mon up to ~49 for a round 1 tournament? Mind you they'd still need to have 1 badge to participate so that means grinding against first/second route shitmons just to get an edge on your opponent. I don't think there are enough hours in the day to make something like that worthwhile or even possible.
>>
>>25103681
Still, even a 2 levels gap can make a huge difference at early levels. A level cap is needed.

Said level cap must be set to still get some challenge from the game after the Gym Leader.
>>
>>25103681
>>25103692
>put an entire team to sleep in 2 turns
If you choose to switch out AND they double up on their sleep move. I see how sleep can be problematic, but I don't see it being ubiquitous enough to warrant a ban. I think you're underestimating peoples' willingness to have fun. Are there even prizes in this tourney?
I also think casual non-tournament battles among participants will be much more commonplace than the tournament itself anyway.
>>
>>25103715
yeah exactly, i was just exxagerating.
>>
>>25103714
If someone want to be overleveled for the gym leader, that's up to them. When we're all set to 50 for link battles, EVs, moves and evolutions will have waning importance as the game progresses
>>25103715
Fair point. I just feel that the level cap rules will hurt more than it helps. I'd rather get rolled by some faggot's Lucario than not play at all because I accidentally leveled too high.
>>
Just a question for everyone, not for me. Are players allowed to use TM after the Gym Leader is beaten or does the team have to stay as it is?
>>
>>25103834
Good question. I'd think you're new Gym TM is fair game for use; that could actually color the "metagame" at certain rounds of the tournament depending on the quality of the TM.
>>
>>25103834
yeah thats a good question and i think its completely fine to use the TM
>>
I want to join but don't particularly want to post my Skype on 4chan lol, any alternatives?
>>
>>25103936
you can use that tinyurl link and join the skype group as a guest
>>
>>25103941
>>25103960
FC: 1650-3743-2347
IGN: Jono
>>
>>25095735
this sounds really fun, but how will we stop dickholes from super training? how will we know?
>>
>>25104209
accept our curbstomp like the little bitches we are

i guess we could super train back if try hard fags really want to be the "no fun allowed" types. it all really lies in goodwill of the other players though.
>>
>>25104218
I guess if we get enough people, and one guy clearly sweeps everyone, we can assume he super trained like a little bitch
>>
>>25104238
I think there's already at least 20+ people "participating" right now. idk how many will stick with it though. Hopefully EV training try hards aren't rampant.
>>
>>25095735
What about a synchronized nuzlocke where you battle with the team that won against Diantha?
>>
I'll join!
FC: 4699-7555-0267
name: Josh
>>
I'll join this.
ign: Tactical Lag
Fc: 1821-9214-4365
>>
>>25095735
Hahaha.
>>
>>25102030
>Opti joining
Hahaha quality 4chanplayz guys
>>
I wish I could have participated with you guys. I'll come back from Japan in August so perhaps we could try doing that again by then.
>>
>>25104381
>living the dream
Best of luck to you, man
>>
>>25104390
>weaboo dream
>>
>>25104404
You are the fucking worst. Why bother using a trip when it just lets everyone know that your terrible posts come from the same person?
>>
>>25104414
Davido-kun pls
>>
Add me pls
GIGA
0318-7832-6350
>>
>don't come to /vp/
>see this
A reason to have fun again. I am all for it. Though plz no super training. I want to have fun and not toil ceaselessly trying to make sure all my natures are perfect and shit.
>>
As long as I could use Amie to evolve Eevee if I so choose, I'll join. IGN: Gregora FC:0705-5904-0042
>>
>>25107171
Amie is allowed to evolve Eevee.
>>
File: 10082789a4.jpg (316KB, 990x832px) Image search: [Google]
10082789a4.jpg
316KB, 990x832px
bump
>>
>>25105437 super training is banned

>>25107171
added
>>
!REMINDER TO EVERYONE PARTICIPATING BUT NOT IN THE SKYPE!

double check the pastebin to make sure your added and remember to add everyone in the pastebin to your friends so when the tournament comes round the battles can be quick
>>
>>25109297
http://pastebin.com/0V2jN2JD
>>
>>25109306
I'm not there >>25103498
>>
>>25109502
added
>>
File: op draft 1.png (1MB, 3000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
op draft 1.png
1MB, 3000x2000px
updated rule sheet
>>
File: 066 machop.jpg (63KB, 400x450px) Image search: [Google]
066 machop.jpg
63KB, 400x450px
>>25110143
Name: D0rf
FC: 5241-3345-0915
Thread posts: 86
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.