[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

She was right.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 18

File: Foll.jpg (1MB, 924x1336px) Image search: [Google]
Foll.jpg
1MB, 924x1336px
As someone who played R/S, I know there ARE in fact alternate Hoenn's. Why would I go with a plan that'll send a giant meteor to another Hoenn?
>>
Because we don't actually know the meteor will go to another universe.

We know from playing the first RSE there's no meteor that destroys the region in that universe.
>>
>>25072609
You're trusting the words of a single mother suffering from postpartum depression?
>>
File: Deoxys_DNA_Pokémon.png (13KB, 475x165px) Image search: [Google]
Deoxys_DNA_Pokémon.png
13KB, 475x165px
>>25072615
Deoxys meteor on Birth island?
>>
>>25072617
>mother
>>
>>25072630
Is a great series.
>>
File: Deoxys.jpg (43KB, 651x500px) Image search: [Google]
Deoxys.jpg
43KB, 651x500px
>>25072615
>>
>>25072609
Because that way you can catch Deoxys on R/S. The meteor does jack shit to the other Hoenn. Also
>Implying other universes exist
>Implying other universe's world will be inhabited
>Implying ither universe's world won't have a counter-measure

Zinnia was the worst character they could've introduced, her only redeeming factor is that she has nice boobs, but she's crazy.
>>
File: Zinzin.png (520KB, 860x516px) Image search: [Google]
Zinzin.png
520KB, 860x516px
>>25072615
I would wager that the successful destruction of the meteor in the Delta Episode is directly responsible for there NOT being a meteor coming to destroy R/S Hoenn. I mean, I don't know if that's canon or not. . .but I felt strongly while playing the Delta Episode that it would be wrong to just warp the meteor to some other universe where it might destroy another civilization
>>
File: 435px-Birth_Island_FRLG (1).png (130KB, 435x435px) Image search: [Google]
435px-Birth_Island_FRLG (1).png
130KB, 435x435px
>>25072615
In the Original timeline. Deoxys meteor was hit by a laster bream from a Device created by Scientists at the Mossedeep Space Center. Parts of the meteors fall to
South of Fortune Island, east of Quest Island.
>>
>>25072655
Then how do you explain Deoxys' meteor, imbecile? Zinnia a shit.
>Another civilization
Making a shit-ton of assumptions, I bet you're underage. No adult can be this retarded.
>>
>>25072650
>>Implying other universes exist

>What is entralink
>>
File: OK.png (105KB, 265x395px) Image search: [Google]
OK.png
105KB, 265x395px
>>25072650
>>Implying other universes exist
As an outside party playing the game, it's not a hard pill to swallow. I played R/S and then played ORAS. Two different universes.

>>Implying other universe's world will be inhabited
That means one could be responsible for dooming an entire planet because of warping the meteor. Unless you follow up on the warp, you'd never know if you facilitated a mass extinction.

>>Implying ither universe's world won't have a counter-measure

Eh, now that's pushing it. At the point where the meteor would be "warped", it would probably already be close to the alternate "Hoenn" at which point there'd be little time to plan. At least, that my hypothesis considering the ORAS science is beyond me.
>>
File: Parallel timelines.jpg (21KB, 500x386px) Image search: [Google]
Parallel timelines.jpg
21KB, 500x386px
>>25072650
>>
>>25072691
Could you have at least cropped that shitty watermark?
>>
>>25072691
>A meme is proof
Kill yourself.
>>
>>25072689
That's what makes it shitty, in-universe it makes no sense it has to break the fourth wall to deliver the narrative, sloppy at best, lazy as fuck at worst.
>>
>>25072686
>Implying BW and BW2 take place in the same universe as ORAS.
Now you're just being silly.
>>
>>25072635
truth
>>
>>25072609
It was the laziest and worst idea, it could've delivered the message and a little of fan-service much better.
>Link cable is used.
>Meteor warps.
>Cutscene of a random trainer and a Ninetales which asks him if he's ready to have its memories erased and save the world.
>Scientists cheer.
>New meteor warps even closer.
>Confirmed for being larger.
>Karma is a bitch
>Zinnia gets uppity
>Mega-Ray is summoned
>Day is saved.

Much better ending to the Delta story than the original.
>>
>>25072728
checkm8
>>
File: 3000-year-thing-pokemon.png (141KB, 500x366px) Image search: [Google]
3000-year-thing-pokemon.png
141KB, 500x366px
>>25072708
>>
File: Multiverse of Pokémon.jpg (69KB, 605x1004px) Image search: [Google]
Multiverse of Pokémon.jpg
69KB, 605x1004px
>>25072721
>>
>>25072757
>Believing a cultist who thinks a pokemon is her child.
Kek, you're even more stupid than gamefreak
>>
>>25072745
>There can only be one strange guy named Colress
Kill yourself
>>
>>25072757
>Evolution of Pokemon took a different path

Confirmed that each Generation is its own Reality. Hence no cross gen evolutions in RSE.
>>
File: Pokémon Multiverse evidence.png (202KB, 600x337px) Image search: [Google]
Pokémon Multiverse evidence.png
202KB, 600x337px
>>25072721
>>
>>25072769
>literally being autistic
kill you're self
>>
>>25072788
>Using literally incorrectly
Go back to tumblr
>>
>>25072795
It's okay to admit that you were wrong, anonymous. That is how people evolve.
>>
>>25072740
It'd be better without your Ninetales fanfic thrown in.
>>
>>25072818
>Fanfic
>Not recognizing Mystery Dungeon Rescue Team's plot
>In which Rayquaza blasts and destroys a meteor with hyper beam
GTFO underage faggot.
>>
>>25072788
>you're self
Just stop posting.
>>
>>25072609
We'd known that there are alternate Pokémon Worlds since Gen 5's Entralink.
>>
File: image.png (31KB, 600x500px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
31KB, 600x500px
>>25072818
>Fanfic
You do realise Ninetales plays a big part in the first mystery dungeon in which Rayquaza has to blow up a meteor, right? So that would be nod to those games, not some fanfic, way better than the over 9000 le meme references in XY.
>>
>>25072617
I like this description for Zinnia
>>
>>25072874
it's a meme you dip
>>
>>25072757
It's obvious that GF wants us to know this, but how the fuck would Zinnia even know about that to give us that information?
>>
>>25072609
That pic hardens my dick.
>>
>>25072913
Her ancestors knew for generations.
>>
I want to fuck Zinnia
>>
>>25073427
>Implying
Wallace was a lore-keeper too and wasn't batshit insane nor was he going on and on about paralel universes, she's a very badly written fanfic-tier character.
>>
Post lewd Zinnia.
>>
File: Mewtwo.png (51KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
Mewtwo.png
51KB, 250x250px
>>25073436
>>
2deep4me
>>
File: Zinnia_(female_character).png (159KB, 305x610px) Image search: [Google]
Zinnia_(female_character).png
159KB, 305x610px
>>25073437
No. She is not.
>>
>>25072774
>Confirmed that each Generation is its own Reality.

Gen II is a direct sequel to Gen I.
>>
You guys realize the fact that Zinnia was wrong and made a dangerous and selfish decision that also has some validity due to the negative consequences is the POINT right?

I mean, that's Zinnia's character. She's well intentioned but is driven too hard by grief and single-mindedness.

Far be it a character be flawed right?
>>
File: 1433983321715.png (38KB, 141x163px) Image search: [Google]
1433983321715.png
38KB, 141x163px
I'd rather the game didn't shoehorn in all the retardation of alternate dimensions and timelines shit at all. Leave it be at fanwank or have it be some footnote in an artbook at the most.
>>
>>25073490
She is, she's cringeworthy, no wonder a fat loser permavirgin like you likes her.
>>
>>25073534
>You guys realize the fact that Zinnia was wrong
Gen 5's Entralink says otherwise.

>>25073539
>I'd rather the game didn't shoehorn in all the retardation of alternate dimensions and timelines shit at all.
Too late, Gen 5's Entralink already did that.
>>
>>25073582
Who the fuck actually played with Entralink or paid any attention to it? It's just an optional gameplay mechanic with a silly lore explanation. That's the difference between it and Delta Episode's shenanigans, which is all about the story. Same reason you don't see me bitching about the Time Capsule.
>>
>>25073582

what the hell are you talking about? What does the Entralink have to do with anything?

In any case you missed my fucking point. what I'm trying to say is Zinnia taking the Link Cable was SUPPOSED to be come across is a loaded thing; we as the audience know there's validity to what she's saying, but she also dicked everyone else over based on what is, in universe, a very crazy-sounding theory.

Zinnia is shown MULTIPLE times to be unstable. She flat out loses her goddamned mind in her battle animation. She's not able to successfully Mega Evolve Mega Rayquaza and is found wanting. This isn't even subtext; Zinnia is a very flawed person and it's only by grace of what the player character is capable of that Hoenn was saved.

This is the point of Zinnia. She's tragic, flawed, and somewhat dangerous. She fucks up, but the scope of how she fucks up is along a very blurred line.
>>
>>25072888
>>25072869

you do know that not everyone has played those games
>>
>>25073618
>Not playing all the games
Fucking casual
>>
>>25073625
at least im not projecting
>>
>>25073643
Neither am I bro, I'm only here to shitpost.
>>
File: 123480214.png (323KB, 500x332px) Image search: [Google]
123480214.png
323KB, 500x332px
>>25072740

No, this is how it should have gone down.

>Meteor is on it's way to destroy the planet
>Zinnia knows what to do! Send it to another reality!
>No, that's dumb and selfish
>Instead, a random passerby Aroma Lady comments that she might be able to help.
>She runs off to pray in some ruins to charge up her mother's mega evolution stone.
>She gets killed by some kind of long haired, Japanese David Bowie with a Honedge. Only this is Pokemon, so the sword turns her to stone.
>Her death/stoning is mourned by her friends, including a spiky haired ace trainer, a big breasted beauty, a veteren with a 6 barrel pokeball shooter arm, and a talking Arcanine. . .Pyroar? It's pretty vague.
>Turns out the Mega Evolution stone was for the man with the Honedge. He was a new Pokemon the entire time.
>It's up to the prota...Protage...Pruta...Pro-tag-on-its to capture the the Man pokemon.
>The Pro-tag-on-its, needs to venture deep into a cave (Because this is mother fucking Pokemon. You want your legendaries you go spelunking you faggot) where everything is green tinted to capture the Man pokemon. The pokemon was casting an illusion the entire time. Like Latias did in that one movie
>The Pro-tag-on-its does battle with the Pokemon
>This music plays
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wNVY8E6JN8
>But you only hear about 15 seconds of it because you just threw your Masterball at the fucking thing.
>The Pro-tag-on-its calls out his/her new pokemon, Angemon, and uses the mega evolution stone to digivolve it into SeraphAngemon
>The Pro-tag-on-its rides on SeraphAngemon's back into space, where it proceeds to destroy the incoming meteor with another meteor.
>The meteor destroyed. The day is saved!
>Everyone is somber over the sacrifice of the Aroma Lady who made it all happen, but then a miracle happens!
>All the Chinpokumon cry, and their tears un-stone the bitch.
>They all lived happily ever after.

Try to keep your shitty fan fiction out of discussions like these, you turd burglar.
>>
>>25072609
You're missing the point

1) Zinnia's assertion was a theory. A poorly constructed theory supposing how a device could go wrong without any idea of how said device actually works.

2) Zinnia's theory has no backing other than "suppose this were to happen" and "science is free and cheap with no sacrifices, so the cost lies elsewhere" both which are retarded lines of reasoning.

No one is disagreeing with her because they haven't played the GBA games, they're disagreeing because it's bad writing to let her have her way without any reasonable justification other than means of the 4th wall and that's still supposition.

3) It's pretty bold to say someone is right/correct when nothing but conjecture makes her sound like she has a point. For her to be right it has to be proven the Link Cable can futz and send some object in another dimension, there also has to be basis for the Link Cable of working by interdimensional travel much less if it's random or constantly the same universe -- much less an inhabited one. Finally, there has to be given proof in-game/in-story that other universes exist.

You're saying she's right because you played the old games and the old games didn't have Mega Evolution. That isn't really proof or justification so much as it's dramatic irony. The difference is the latter just relies on the player to go with it for the sake of railroading plot rather than the character proving they have a point.

The way Zinnia is poorly justified is no different from kicking down a sand castle and telling the kids not to make another because you said so.
>>
>>25072888
I barely ever visit /vp/ and I don't give one about this thread and i just came here through the front page, but i love this pic and I'll just steal it.
Have a nice day
>>
>>25072764
But theres literal undeniable proof in that the original r/s exist. It would be wierd to believe her if you were an actual character in the game but you're not, so youre the stupid one
>>
ORAS isn't canon.
Only Pokemon Emerald is canon.
>>
>>25073843
It's bad writting, since they need 4th wall breaking for it to make any kind of sense. I know this is hard for your autistic brain to comprehend but a character like this is very badly written, she ruins the atmosphere since there is no in-universe basis for her mad ramblings.
>>
>>25073890
>It's bad writting, since they need 4th wall breaking for it

Its not that they needed it, its what they WANTED from the very beginning hence why it isnt bad writing
>>
>>25073890
>"I know this is hard for your autistic brain to comprehend"
>can't even pick up on what gamefreak is telling them when its literally written out in plain, simple english exactly what is going on
>>
>>25073905
>When erections override logic
>>
>>25073984
"I'm right because the author says I'm right." isn't as strong a ground as you'd like to believe.
>>
>>25073990
It is when you're talking about the story.
>>
>>25073990
This has to be bait. If the author says its true than it is. The author has the authority, not your fucked up headcannon or whatever youre suggesting is correct. How the fuck do you write what you just wrote and not realise how fucking stupid it sounds?
>>
File: brian-griffin-novel.jpg (57KB, 550x545px) Image search: [Google]
brian-griffin-novel.jpg
57KB, 550x545px
>>25074023
>Jesus shares my views on religion.
>The author made it so
>>
What's up with her design? Is she supposed to be a feral woman?
>>
>>25074100

Yes.

But then that would require people to focus on characterization and not just surface "who was right" shit
>>
>>25073611
Great post
>>
>but first we need to talk about parallel universes
>>
>>25074497
God dammit, Barb.
>>
>>25072609
>destroy a different Hoenn

I don't see the problem with that
>>
File: Ruby and Sapphire.jpg (87KB, 651x500px) Image search: [Google]
Ruby and Sapphire.jpg
87KB, 651x500px
>>25074534
>>
>>25072677
It's almost as if there could be more than one meteor in all of existence. Baffling.
The point of the panic in the delta episode is that it's a really fucking big one that will destroy hoenn. I'm pretty sure they mention the fact that there have been multiple other meteors, so the existence of one in RSE is not too farfetched
>>
>>25072745
There are literally two of the same person in Hoenn in ORAS and RSE, how is this proof to anything.
>>
>>25074859
Huh?
>>
How come Zinnia's people knew the meteor was coming over a thousand years in advance, but told nobody?
>>
>>25072774
I always thought the two versions were parallel universes
>>25073503
Gen II isn't really gen II, still being on the gameboy
>>
>>25072609
>she tried to save the world where Battle Frontier exists

Based Zinnia
>>
>>25073984
>>25073905
Are you mentally handicapped? I get the story and the explanation, that doesn't make it good. I'm saying it is a very badly written story/character and poorly executed.
>>
>>25073998
You're retarded, it's bad writing, the author saying so is what makes it shitty writing.

>>25074023
God, you're a mongrel. Nobody is arguing canon, we're saying there is no in-universe justification to her ramblings since there is no foreshadowing or proof, her dialogue is directed at the player, not the character and thus only makes sense breaking the immersion, thus taking away from the experience, making it shitty writing.
>>
>>25072615
>vp has the horror movie trope of "don't listen to the children".
Im very dissapointed vp.
>>
>>25072650
>Taking the atheistic approach.
>"I haven't seen it so it can't exist!"
Get out nigger.
>>
>>25073534
What about when her plan a was to destroy the region and possibly more just make her space dragon show up when she could've just did the mega stone thing that puts less people at risk first? I get she's flawed but there has to be a limit before it goes from that to irredeemably incompetent for no reason other than the story said to
>>
>>25076707
Also this >>25073715
>>
She was QPU misaligned.
Thread posts: 90
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.