[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How come the leagues in the games are so pisseasy and boring

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: eD7cy5El.jpg (18KB, 320x287px) Image search: [Google]
eD7cy5El.jpg
18KB, 320x287px
How come the leagues in the games are so pisseasy and boring compared to the leagues in the anime

>game leagues
>only need to get the 8 badges to face elite 4
>gym leaders have shit teams
>elite 4 don't have 6 pokemon and not even a mega evolution
>only the champion is somewhat challenging

>anime leagues
>over 200 trainers in them, all with 8 badges
>actually has fully evolved pokemon and full teams
>are actually good
>you have to beat this league to even get a chance of challenging elite 4
>elite 4 actually has mega evolutions and full teams
>other trainers can have legendaries

The game league is literally a pisswalk.
>>
The anime has the casual version of the Battle Frontier
>>
>>25070625
The League Conferences are a kind of thing that GF should put in the video games.

And please make it so that you don't have to win them to progress in the story, even if it makes the Elite Four more of a side thing.
>>
The anime is not canon.
>>
>>25070913
Okey? What does that have to do with the post?
>>
>>25070625
>actually has fully evolved pokemon and full teams
>are actually good
Both wrong.

>elite 4 actually has mega evolutions and full teams
>other trainers can have legendaries
These are both true in the games though, even if it does vary.

Have animefags been leaking out of their containment board? I've been seeing them around a lot more lately.
>>
>>25070935
>Both wrong.
How? Can you actually give me an example actual example of a opponent Ash battled in the full team rounds that didn't have this?
>inb4 some rant about not using OU mons or movesets like the anime was exactly like the games

>These are both true in the games though, even if it does vary.
In XY they did not have full teams and did not have mega evolutions

In ORAS they did not have full teams and did not have mega evolutions until you rematch them.

More animefags are here because more and more people enjoy the new XY series. I didn't want to make this an anime thread but more discuss how we could improve the league in the games.
>>
>>25070625
I've only seen the Pokemon Championship handled properly in one game. In a rom hack called Ash Gray once you reach the Indigo Plateau you enter the tournament. No healing items are allowed throughout the tournament with a break between each round.First are 4 rounds on 4 different fields, each with a different weather effect and are 3v3. Then there are 4 6 on 6 battles on a standard field. After this you get the right to challenge the Elite 4 and then the champion.

Since the game follows the anime you're actually expected to lose in the 3v3 rounds to Richie. Up until him all trainers will roughly match your level with him being a few ahead. But you have the chance to keep going if you win. The 6v6 battles will have your opponents at almost 10 levels higher and the Elite 4 at nearly 20 levels higher. It's a legitimate challenge to become champion.
>>
>>25071007
That sound pretty fun, what the catch though? Can only use Pokemon that Ash had? No grinding possible if you really need it?

Is it a real game or are you just playing out the anime in a video game format?
>>
>>25071060
You can have any pokemon you want but the pokemon Ash used are kinda forced on you. You don't need to catch them though. You can grind if you want. It's kind of a mix between a real game the anime in video game format. The story in the anime is shown to you during the gameplay but you're not completely bound to it.

Here is mewtwo strikes back in the game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZuwLvkCvWA4
>>
>>25071118
Sound like fun, I guess it is worth a try if nothing else.
>>
>>25071006
>How? Can you actually give me an example actual example of a opponent Ash battled in the full team rounds that didn't have this?
That shitter in Unova. You know who I'm talking about.
>>
>>25071140
I mean, it's BW. Even we ashnimefags despise it and pretend it's non canon.
>>
>>25071060
You're offered some of the pokemon ash had through events (bulbasaur, squirtle, charmander and mankey) and there are a few events and dialogue that changes if you follow the anime more precisely but nothing major. It follows the story of the first season anime, the first movie, and they're currently working on the orange islands. You have full control of your party, their evolutions etc. So you're not forced into releasing anyone like butterfree. It goes into surprising detail with characters and events from the different episodes. But like I said you have full control so you can do shit like catch the gyarados James bought on the boat once it goes berserk.
>>
>>25071132
Word of advice. Don't evolve charmander. Once it evolves it becomes damn near useless because it only obeys 1/4 of the time until you do an event in the orange islands. Only major annoyance I had with the game.
>>
>>25070845
I always thought Victory Road was this preliminary free-for-all race to the Elite 4 for all the trainers that managed to get 8 badges or something. Which on paper sounds cooler than a League Conference, but GF mostly focuses on the dungeon aspect and that 1 annoying wild pokemon. Not that there aren't harder trainers there of course, but most Victory Roads are mostly designed as attrition challenges.
>>
>>25071006
>In ORAS they did not have full teams and did not have mega evolutions until you rematch them.
They still do, though. Hiding your power level =/= not having one at all.

Plus, none of the E4 in the anime have ever shown that they use full teams. You can't accuse the games of not doing something when they've shown even more than what the anime has.
>>
>>25071149
It still happened though. Ashnimefags just need to accept that their extended game commercial isn't as perfect or good as they think it is.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.