[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sage Sunday #3: Here We Go Again Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 393
Thread images: 43

File: ss3op.png (16KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
ss3op.png
16KB, 512x384px
VPMAGG: Sage Wiki: http://capx.wikia.com/wiki/CAPX_Wiki
Week 3 Text-based Updates: http://pastebin.com/0CHDpZX7

Against all odds, Sage Sunday is back for a third week in a row with all of this week’s updates from Project VPMAGG aka Pokemon Sage! For those that have missed out on the last two threads, the idea behind Sage Sunday is to give proper updates to the anons who worked on the game or were interested in playing the game by releasing weekly threads that showcase all the development for the game in the previous week and by taking feedback, criticism, suggestions and questions from the community. Here’s what’s on the slate for this week:

- Route 3 template CONFIRMED
- Route 4 template partially confirmed
- Final Ricardo team CONFIRMED
- Rival trainer dialogue for the first encounter CONFIRMED
- Progress on confirming final Rival teams
- Progress on Route 5 distros including Items, Berries and Trainers
- More Eronze Admin concept art considering Sage Sunday #2 feedback pic
- Concept mapping for r12 for fun :^)
- Observatory Pokemon Distros are CONFIRMED (reference wiki http://capx.wikia.com/wiki/Abandoned_Observatory)

All pictures following are pertinent to the above
>>
File: route 3 CONFIIIIIIRMED.png (902KB, 3550x944px) Image search: [Google]
route 3 CONFIIIIIIRMED.png
902KB, 3550x944px
Route 3
>>
File: route 4 PARTIALLY confirmed.jpg (1MB, 2212x1359px) Image search: [Google]
route 4 PARTIALLY confirmed.jpg
1MB, 2212x1359px
Route 4 partially confirmed. Needs trainer classes and some more distro work.
>>
File: route 5 prototype template.png (858KB, 1568x1630px) Image search: [Google]
route 5 prototype template.png
858KB, 1568x1630px
Here's a SUGGESTED Route 5 distro with trainer placement and some other odds and ends. Nothing is final.
>>
File: route 5 trainer alternates.png (974KB, 1119x1631px) Image search: [Google]
route 5 trainer alternates.png
974KB, 1119x1631px
Here's the same Route 5 map but with a different trainer placement layout. Again nothing final, just suggestions.
>>
Would you hug a Condesa?
>>
File: neweronzeconcepts.png (2MB, 3668x1960px) Image search: [Google]
neweronzeconcepts.png
2MB, 3668x1960px
Here is some fresh Eronze concept art based on the feedback from last thread. Brawler and Musclewoman are still legitimate options, but these are some new ideas.
>>
File: route 12 concept.png (328KB, 2880x880px) Image search: [Google]
route 12 concept.png
328KB, 2880x880px
And finally, just for fun :^) some route 12 concept mapping
>>
File: 67JpTSn.jpg (870KB, 1135x1074px) Image search: [Google]
67JpTSn.jpg
870KB, 1135x1074px
Here's the final rival team's progress.
For you having
Floressum/Flairees/Aguanaut, the rival has:

Aguanaut/Floressum/Flairees
Scovalope/Fettlekish/Bullotus
Buckston
Caranox/Caracrust/Carajoule

Note that the Carabugs are eventually replaced with Paramoth.
Buckston MAY be replaced by Royjibiv or Viipii, or Royjibiv may be added on its own (not technically a normal type due to its ability)
And Bullotus + Fettlekish may alternate by gender for Chlorofin and Lavoon.

The other 2 slots are up in the air.
The top contenders are
>Cowatti
>Dreamdery/Gnuru
>Adding Royjibiv in a slot instead of replacing Buckston

Other thoughts that could work are:
>Comossus
>Burrmudail/Kairoglyph/Enigmantis (deals 4x damage to your starter, except enigmantis, which is a 4x resist for fighting)
>Gravollum/Smashiary/Condesa (secondary typing rotation, gravollum in place of a rock/fighting)
>Chameleohm
>Cheshade

Further thoughts (type conflicts, mostly) are:
>Gigaard
>Erycoon
>Montegrew/Capulilly
>Macuarrior/Ocerumi
>Forusk
>Hurricanine
>Scovalope
>Thoraxe

There were two other rotations produced:
>Flarrapin/Lutrajet/Dilophlora
>Chardinal/Soakoth/Pangolash

This will get done on Wednesday™.
>>
Good stuff, excited for the next demo.

ETA when?
>>
And that's that. Let the shitposting fun begin.

>>25069880
Condesa is my bro so yes
>>
File: FFXII-PhonCoast_concept.jpg (73KB, 650x444px) Image search: [Google]
FFXII-PhonCoast_concept.jpg
73KB, 650x444px
>>25069889
it's shit
>>
>>25069906
Pawter has just begin piecing together the confirmed stuff so we're well on the way. No guaranteed date since about half of the full 2.0 demo is still under construction, but we're moving at a good pace.
>>
>>25069889
The idea is good but just having a giant ass straight road as an actual part of the map like that is bad.
>>
>>25069925
Works for Kalos Route 7.
People wanted a hatching route.
>>
>>25069970
Kalos' Route 7 was a dirt road.
>>
File: 117851778.jpg (533KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
117851778.jpg
533KB, 1024x1024px
>>25069970
The road there is much smaller wiidth wise, and there's stuff around the road too, and the route itself isn't nearly as long.

Anyways, you guys should make tiles for sea arches and to use here. I'd also narrow both the road and the beach, use the arches along with changing the cliff shape that seperates the beach/land so it's not as straight and it's more organic, along with trying to mix the pathways more so it's less a parallel road path and beach path, but more that you go back and forth more and they interrect
>>
>>25070046
What does that have to do with anything?

>>25070049
>and there's stuff around the road too
There is here too.

>you guys should make tiles for sea arches and to use here.
Great idea.
>>
>>25070053
>There is here too.
Not nearly as much, and it's not as dense or compact as kalo's is.

here, you could just bike from one end of the road to the other without even seeing the grass around the edge or getting stopped, with r7 on kalos the road is narrow enough that at all times that you always see the water to the north and the grass and stuff to the south.
>>
File: Kalos_Route_7_XY.png (486KB, 766x285px) Image search: [Google]
Kalos_Route_7_XY.png
486KB, 766x285px
>>25070070
You might want to take a look at Kalos R7 again, because most of it is nothing but road with grass on the sides.
This at least has the beach.
>>
>>25070088
>>25070070
That said, the road can stand to be thinned out a bit.
>>
>>25070088
I know, I've already addressed that.

With r7, the road IS the route. With that r12, the road is just going though it. r7 is built around you walking along the road at all times, and at all times you are on the road, you can see both the water on one side and the grass below you on the other, and you had trainers in the grass looking up at you, it feels self contained.

with 12, the road is just a part of the map and if you are on the road, the majority of your screen is just going be the road, with maybe 1 tile of fence and a the bottom edge of the road, you won't see the grass down there at all.
>>
>>25070127
With 12, the beach is the main route and the road is mainly a hatching thingy.

I've considered the idea of using bikers doing delinquent stuff as a road block that clear away later (around the palm trees by the first set of stairs).

Also I've already thinned the road to 3 tiles wide instead of 5. Even in the middle of the road you should be able to see the billboards and the beach no problem.
>>
>>25070161
Can you post what this looks like?
>>
File: Vivace Sign.png (212KB, 1581x911px) Image search: [Google]
Vivace Sign.png
212KB, 1581x911px
>>25070503
Also working on the signage. Shadows are going to have to be baked into layer 1, so I'm not looking forward to that.
>>
>>25070536
And, I'm aware the lights on the right of the WELCOME sign are fucked. I'll fix it.

The sign itself still needs a touch up period.
>>
>>25069885
Idea time.

Go with the conquistador thing but lose the helmet. The guy on the left of the conquistadors looks downright fucking scary.

The idea is that he or she is the grunt that found Eronze and latched onto that grunt. That grunt isn't the brightest bulb but they take their job very seriously. So in their mind, they had to look the part. So they commit to the conquistador image and go with it.

The rest of the admins and grunts can make note of it and give commentary about it from time to time like, "Admin 1 may not be the shiniest nugget in the forge, but they certainly take their responsibilities very seriously."

You get your brute character but they also have reasons for doing what they do and why they are how they are.

"Admin 1 why are you dressed like Hernan Cortes?"
"I'm an Admin now, I gotta look strong boss. Do I not look strong?"
"Y-you do Admin 1. You look very strong. So strong. Now go handle your responsibilities Admin 1."
>>
>>25069851
>>25069856
>>25069865
Those items that are placeholders should be things like rare candies, evo stones/items, or TMs that would normally be surf-locked.

Also what's in those rocks? Any wild pokemon?
>>
>>25069885
use the biker desu
>>
File: 1452589956378.png (258KB, 907x669px) Image search: [Google]
1452589956378.png
258KB, 907x669px
>>25069885
I really like the biker one, but I still prefer pic related and the guy the sugi artist made.

Perhaps the biker design could be used for the erion admin?
>>
>>25069899
What about Cowatti and one of the dragons?

Also, Kairoglyph would make that team a sand team.

>>25069889
What about cenotes?
>>
>>25070636
Why would a biker be an admin?
>>
>>25070668
I don't know, why would anybody be an admin?
>>
>>25069899
What if they just had the fossil you didn't pick, the post game they give you an egg like shauna?

However I like the idea of Montegrew/Macuarrior and their counterparts. Maybe Simon could use male and Sofia females.
>>
>>25070668
Why would a guy with a hat be an admin? Why you an autistic robot girl be an admin? Why would four girls who literally do nothing but dye their hair in different colors be admins? Why would someone who's signature pokemon is a shitmon like Purugly or Skuntak be an admin? Why would 6 people who are literally incapable of self defense be admins?
>>
>>25070711
Found the plotfag.

Why would a biker be an admin for this evil team?
>>
>>25069899
Oh yeah, forgot to mention

Anons, give your feedback on this! I'll reply to it and i'll even note it down for anon opinions in the meeting on wednesday

>>25070690
Ricardo gets the other fossil instead of your rival. That one's pretty set in stone

He pawns it for quick cash (or something) instead of reviving it.

>>25070637
Didn't even think about that with Kairoglyph
>>
>>25070726
I stopped doing anything that can be called work when they moved to skype, your question is just retarded

Why does it matter that he's a biker? That's like asking why would a model train enthusiast be a surgeon.
>>
How can I help contribute to this project as a previously unaffliated person?
>>
>>25070744
>didn't even think of that
You really should just leave teams to statschat. Because of shit like that.
>>
>>25070536
>penis rock
Glad to see you're doing well, Clover.
>>
>>25070758
I didn't put Kairoglyph on my team personally. I just collected submissions for them.
>>
>>25070753
Of course, if you have a skype. Go ahead and add eldestearth

I'm a bit busy right now, but I can get you added to the main chats in a bit.
>>
>>25070767
Penis rock has always been a Sage thing.

>>25070775
>submissions
Who submitted teams?
>>
Are we going to have gen 6 type relationships? For example steel not resisting ghost and dark anymore.

I already know Fairy isn't in.
>>
>>25070790
Nope. Gen 5 mechanics entirely.
>>
>>25070783
About 10 people or so gave me what they thought was their ideal team for the Rival. We held a meeting on it yesterday, plucked out the ones with majority support, and agreed on that.
>>
>>25070791
I'm guessing its because the project is too far in to account for the new typings?
>>
>>25070791
Rotation and triple battles confirmed
>>
>>25070807
It's more that we're honoring a survey from forever ago that said no gen 6 typings or mechanics as much as I'd like ability capsules. I know several people, me included are considering after we're done putting out a new version with gen 6 stuff added in.

>>25070810
I never said ALL gen 5 mechanics are in :^)
>>
I'm working on a Sanguito overworld sprite and the antenna are proving to be quite the bitch to do. I might have to look at HG/SS sprites to get a better feel of it. I refuse to move onto the rest of the sprite until those goddamn antenna are done.
>>
>>25069889
>penis rock

it's shit
>>
>>25070791
>>25070822

So after the game comes out, you'll release a different version with the newer type mechanics?

I can see why you guys wouldn't want to change something, I remember this project was a thing before gen 6 came out. But if there is a very real possibility that gen 7 will come out before the completed pokemon sage then you guys might as well update.

As an aside, if you were to hypothetically throw in the fairy type, what are some mons you think you'd make fairy type?
>>
>>25070912
>wanting faries
I bet you want megas too. Go play digimon
>>
>>25070912
Maybe. I don't want to make any promises, but it's something that has at least a mild amount of support. Honestly, if gen 7 comes out before we're done, which is entirely possible Majora had plan that had us finishing in 2022 which I'm vehemently against, if we did an update, it'd probably be all of gen 6/7.

As for fairy types, Paramoth and Snogre I'd really push for. Viipii (pure fairy), Erycoon (normal/fairy), and Tuliep I'd also like to see. I'd also say maybe Nurshary, but that has absolutely horrifying implications and Chansey isn't fairy, so I'd say it's not necessary.
>>
>>25070536
I think the pokeball ad is super cute. It's something I'd like to see in an actual pokemon games, like the pokemart signs in HGSS
>>
>>25070953
>Majora had a plan with us finishing in 2022
Mage would be like 40
>>
>>25070970
Hell, I'd be 30 and fuck that noise.
>>
>>25070931

Come to think of it, megas would be awesome. And I do like me some digimon.

Too bad for you that megas and fairies are Pokemon and always will be anon :^).
>>
>>25070986
That might even be Gen 8.

Majora, I know you're reading this.

Get a life.
>>
I really hope the Rival gets fleshed out soon. And his character turns out to be more than just "HE'S AN ASS BECAUSE YEAH HE IS"
>>
>>25070801
>10 people
This isn't going to be the norm for teams moving forward will it
>>
>>25071025
It sounds a lot worse than it is. Two people had the same submission and many had similar teams. Something like 7 or so wanted Buckston for example. Also, Ricardo's team is done and gym teams are handled by statschat, so it won't be an issue.
>>
>>25071052
>gym teams
What about Admins and ETL?
>>
>>25069846
Good to hear from you guys! Looks like you're doing great, keep it up
>>
>>25071070
They might have a fair bit of contention, though pretty much has agreed on Monkezuma being a sig for the ETL which is nice. Even lacking that with the admins, team submissions go fast, generally speaking and can be finalized relatively quickly.
>>
>>25070636
AMAZONS
M
A
Z
O
N
S

yes pls
>>
>>25071098
I mean statschat will be doing Admins and ETL too?

I still remember Majora arguing moves for movesets.
>>
Anybody got the list of Pokémon that are going to be in demo 2.0?
>>
can someone from statschat explain why diamat is such shit
>>
>>25071115
There's no real complete list as of now, because it's getting modified every time some new route gets brought up and a Pokemon's added to it
>>25071136
diamat is a god tier wallbreaker
>>
>>25071109
No, that'll be more of a joint thing to see what they have, then stats will do movesets and shit for them.

>>25071115
It's a WIP. we decided not to be constrained by some arbitrary amount. You can find it on the wiki after we decide on all the distros through all the current areas.

>>25071136
It's not. It's fucking amazing as a sweeper. Since we changed asteroid shot to something not awful, it's got an absurdly powerful rock move it can spam with a life orb and sheer force. I run it on my sagedown team. which happens to be mostly bulky offense
>>
File: Sanguito idle example.png (2KB, 193x127px) Image search: [Google]
Sanguito idle example.png
2KB, 193x127px
And done. Here's my first draft of the first Sanguito overworld sprite. Before I work on the rest of it, I need help figuring out what needs to be fixed. Any thoughts?
>>
>>25071153
>joint thing
So like, the people who come up with some of the really stupid stuff, they have a voice in this matter?

What are the rock smash mons? You have rocks to smash in >>25069865 so what are the rock smash mons?
>>
>>25071165
We don't want to give out Rock Smash this early. It's one of our last simple roadblocks.
>>
>>25071165
>>25071168
*Some of us
I want it to be handed out in Legato, since that's about where it's handed out in BW.and it's just a nuisance if it's handed out any later. Generally speaking, Rocano is popular as an idea for an RS mon. Other ideas like Pebblosa and Pueblant among others have been floated too.
>>
>>25071165
Chimcholio
>>
>>25071168
Ok but what are the rock smash mons
>>
>>25071182
Looking at bulbapedia, it's been handed out on Route 36 in Johto, Mauville City in Hoenn, Oreburgh Gate in Sinnoh, Pinwheel Forest in Unova, and Ambrette Town in Kalos.
>>
>>25071168
>>25071182
>>25071205
So realistically, it could go early or later. But typically it's given out BY the third gym. So Rock Smash would be in this demo if you go on what GF does.

So, you do really need rock smash mons.
>>
>>25071245
We do, but it's not a priority.
>>
>>25071168
Why the fuck wouldn't you give out rock smash early? The move itself is weak as hell to deserve being early game and is generally given out pretty early.
>>
>>25071249
It still should be done. Regardless of this being the second major content demo coming out, you are going to the third gym. You should take that into account here.

Like, based on these images and the attitude, you guys are making more work for yourselves by not doing it all in one fell-swoop. Looking at the routes on the wiki, you guys have only done Old Rod distributions too. Looking at bulbapedia, the Good Rod is typically given out right after the Third Gym, which, and correct me if I'm wrong, that this demo goes up to.

So why give more work for yourselves and not do it all at once?
>>
>>25070576
I like this idea but I like the younger design better
>>
>>25071267
It'll be done. We just haven't done it yet. Still have quite a few distros to do for 2.0
>>
>>25071318
Which ones and what are you guys deciding on?

How will Chayan be distributed? Will it be a gift mon?

What about Viipii or Nobunata?

When can we catch Phlask?
>>
>>25071153
sagedown team?

what is this and where can I play this. If I even can, that is.
>>
>>25071323
Haven't finalized %s for the observatory. We have yet to do Starry Cave, Dronia Sewers (if we can access them in this demo or not, I'm not sure), routes 9, 10, good rod, and rock smash. Chayan isn't on anybody's radar, so we're not worried about that just yet, we'll see on Nobunata and Viipii, maybe on routes 9 and 10. Phlask is looking to be either unavailable in the demo or in the sewers, since I believe it's confirmed we are not entering the observatory. If we are, it'll more than likely be Atomite/Neureka/Phlask.

>>25071344
It's a showdown server, like the name would imply, but it's been down frequently recently and even when it's up, I guess there's weird stuff going on with the teambuilder. viipii dot crabdance dot com is the url though.
>>
>>25071370
I wish there was a way to know when it's up then. I'd love to test that shit out.
>>
>>25071344
Bigro broke the teambuilder and hasn't fixed it but it's his server so we can't complain :^). He's busy trying to survive during his daily routine of fighting dingos and dehydrating in the desert so when he gets around to fixing it come test out some mememons.
>>
>>25071398
Of course it'd be an Australian. Shitposting country of the world.

Welp, consider me signed up for whenever he fixes it then.
I can't wait for Bulky Offense: the meta.
>>
>>25071267
Because "doing them all at once" isn't at simple as you think.
What do you mean by "one fell swoop"? We're taking out rods in the course of a week or two. Rock Smash is one discussion, maybe two.
>>25071391
It's hosted by some guy in his mom's basement.
>>25071323
>Chayan
Found in the wild, but not anywhere that's in Demo 2.
>Viipii, Nobunata
Route 12/15, most likely, but they're not mapped so we don't know. Everyone has their ideas though.
>Phlask
Observatory, but it's locked when you first go there.
I'm pushing for a scientist having a lab under Dronia in the Hobo Dojo, and you can find them in the lab room.
>>
Icetope gift from time traveler fucking when?
>>
>>25071424
Sorry, m8. It's looking to be on the sunken ship which was carrying waste. They're why route 8 is so cold.
>>
>>25071440
Why would you have a boat carrying waste when you could just have a designated shitting street?
>>
>>25071409
it's actually Weather: The Meta with special guest Smogon Buge
>>
>>25071370
Starry Cave should be easy. Chelonite, Boarealis, and maybe a few cave mons. Nothing too crazy.

Dronia Sewers could have Squink provided it isn't found in the water.

Observatory proper sounds cool though.

>>25071413
>Chayan
>wild
Can you catch Tyrogue?
>>
>>25071440
Why is the sunken ship carrying waste?

What created the waste?

Was it going to or from Urobos?

Why?

Why is Icetope there?

Is the waste nuclear?

Why is nuclear waste around Urobos, there isn't a nuclear power plant is there?
>>
>>25071563
>Can you catch Tyrogue?
Yes but not normally
>Pokeradar
>Swarm
>DexNav
>friend safari
>Dream World
>>
>>25071538
Oh please, everyone knows that Skurrow is the ultimate Hurricanine counter.

Even I know that!
>>
>>25071575
So if those aren't in Sage, why is Chayan wild?
>>
>>25071591
I remember some people wanting Chayan to be a safari mon exclusively. We haven't decided yet though
>>
>>25071597
Why? That's weird and makes no sense
>>
It really rustles my autism that basilect's evolution levels are 30 and 50 while diamat's evolution levels are 30 and 60

Can't you make larvyn evolve at level 25 or something?
>>
>>25071614
People don't usually like exclusive gift mons.
>>
>>25071632
Because then they have to breed them?

They must hate gamefreak doing it then.
>>
>>25071591
why wouldn't it be wild? there are catchable baby pokemon; Magby, Togepi and Rilou have all been catchable off the top of my head
>>
>>25071623
>It takes thousands of years to harden coal into diamond
>bugs can live out their entire lifespans in months if not weeks

if anything basilect's levels should be lowered to 25 and 45
>>
>>25071659
Baby pokemon are normally found before they can evolve and not after they hit their evolution point. Exceptions to this are baby pokemon that evolve via friendship.

Chayan isn't a baby pokemon though so your point is invalid.
>>
>>25071703
then there is no problem with chayan being catchable
>>
>>25071323
>>25071413
>>25071563
>>25071575
>>25071591
>>25071659
Since when has Chayan been a baby mon?
>>
>>25071741
Since fucking never? Some random guy compared it to Tyrogue.
>>
>>25071748
It's like tyrogue in that they're fighting mons that have multiple evolutions.
>>
>>25071672
uhh no. buge is the best mon in the game, no way it's getting relatively early evo levels for a late game mon
>>
Is it looking like 2.0 might be out before Summer?
>>
>>25071771
one of the best*, sorry. Well, maybe. If you let it set up a dd it can 6-0 and it'll just u-turn until it does set up
>>
>>25071440
who are you again?
>>
>>25069889
that's honestly worse than route 3 before it got fixed
Jesus christ please god no
>>
>>25071771
>put it late or post game
>make it rare
>make low level

i.e. do the exact same fucking thing that gamefreak does for top-tier mons like beldum and gabite
>>
>>25071789
That's for mee to know and you to figure out :^)
>>
>>25071566
Bumping this
>>
>>25071776
Absolutely.
Swim and I are working on getting it out quickly, but it's always not as fast as we want.
Everything should be done by mid-March at the VERY LATEST, but implementation into the game will take longer.
>>
>>25071808
>we should make the same mistakes gamefreak makes!

>>25071810
well you're either memeing or wrong friendo
>>
>>25071816
>mid-March
Hurry the fuck up
>>
>>25069899
>Note that the Carabugs are eventually replaced with Paramoth.
>Buckston MAY be replaced by Royjibiv or Viipii, or Royjibiv may be added on its own (not technically a normal type due to its ability)
What?
None of this was decided.
>>
>>25071566
to get it away from people and pokemon it can harm
pajeet
to a designated shitting street
it wasn't in the designated shitting street
icetope enjoys spicy indian curry
it is made of spicy indian curry
the nuclear power plant is in the bordering region, which you go to in gen 2
>>
>>25071824
>dismissing something you dislike by calling it a mistake

i thought this meme was over
>>
File: Sifia.png (1MB, 1776x1872px) Image search: [Google]
Sifia.png
1MB, 1776x1872px
>>25069899
I thought this was done ages ago. I legit saved this because I thought it was confirmed :l
>>
>>25071168
Retarded reason.
None of our maps use rs as a roadblock.
Also I don't know what you're talking about, RS has been agreed to be given out early.
>>
File: TeamDicks.png (842KB, 1452x1712px) Image search: [Google]
TeamDicks.png
842KB, 1452x1712px
>>25069899
>>25071854
I also thought this was Ricardo's but I guess that wasn't the case either.
>>
Will there be post game only pokemon?

you guys should design like 20 more mons to be post game exclusive once the main game is done and you work on post game, t'd be nice if we could have fun designing more pokemon again,
>>
>>25071837
Pajeet my son

Yuo are of man now, so yu must choose fan gaem to play

Will u pik butifel sage

or giaour cluvre from balkanlar
>>
>>25071862
Starters, some legends maybe. AFAIK I don't think we're doing any post game exclusives.
Hasnt really been discussed in detail, more just saying some super old ideas from long ago.
>>
>>25071862
Four pokemon are confirmed to be postgame only:
Garntea
Goraurum
Tentaquil
Chimcholio
There is a travelling professor with a necrow in his hat who challenges you with them
>>
>>25071877
Starters and some legends was always the plan.

I think the general consensus was that you could pick your team for the E4 and win with your bros within reason.

You have to complete the dex somehow so all pokes would be available in some form or another.
>>
File: MajoraMajumbo.png (7KB, 364x244px) Image search: [Google]
MajoraMajumbo.png
7KB, 364x244px
>>25071880
>Forgetting Chimcholio
>>
>>25071845
>shitposting
I thought this meme was over

>>25071854
This is the team most people want besides the fossils and the viipii. Plot wants Ricardo to steal the fossil and then later pawn it/lose it/do something with it but not revive it and train it. Most of us suggest Dreamdery/Gnuru but you know how /some/ people are

>>25071861
as for this one no all around. The new Ricardo team is much more thematically relevant.

>>25071862
The only ones I can think of are the idols, the legends, the alternate fossil and the other starters. All the rest should be obtainable in the main game.
>>
>>25071880
Don't forget the Red fight.
Can't wait to fight those 6 official mons.
>>
>>25071888
clover pls go
>>
>>25071885
>Starters and some legends was always the plan.
A lot of things have been considered "always the plan". Those words don't really mean much. Itll most likely be the case, but a decision will be made when its relevant.
>>
>>25071889
What is the new team? I don't think it was posted. I just threw that one out because I had both of them saved.

I like the idea of Ricardo stealing the fossil and then flogging it later. The player could then buy it post-game in order to complete their dex.

And does that mean people are down with Simon/Sofia having Bug Husbando/Waifu?

The thing I liked about the fossils is that it adds more variety to the possible teams based on player choice. It would be nice if it was possible for something else to add something to replace that. Two eggs are offered, Tuliep and Growmeo. Player takes one, rival takes the other? Or something similar with another pair of Pokes.
>>
>>25071889
>dreamdery
>gnuru
Way too skilled for some dipshit trainer

>Ricardo
>thematically relevant
Found Majora.
>>
File: Maj.png (60KB, 211x191px) Image search: [Google]
Maj.png
60KB, 211x191px
>>25071889
>I thought this meme was over
>>
>>25071889
Why do you have a plan that ends when 95% of the team is at least 30 years old?

Like, do you just envision 30 or so people working on a fangame through their 20s on this shit?
>>
File: FlirtyHuman.png (74KB, 202x180px) Image search: [Google]
FlirtyHuman.png
74KB, 202x180px
>>25071935
Why did SageSimmer provide the best reaction images?
>>
File: Dunkreacts.png (101KB, 241x225px) Image search: [Google]
Dunkreacts.png
101KB, 241x225px
>>25071955
>Not posting DunkyReacts.jpeg
>>
File: majora poster.png (73KB, 1466x1200px) Image search: [Google]
majora poster.png
73KB, 1466x1200px
>>25071955
I'm not sure but I miss them.
>>
>>25071929
Oh, if I didn't make it clear in the OP, Ricardo's final team is in the pastebin linked at the top, as well as the Rival's first encounter dialogue. Sorry about that.

That's the general idea assuming you're not ee in disguise is that you could buy it back from Fortunei/the auction house.

Yeah, the general feel is the rival starting out with whichever carabug whose secondary type corresponds with the secondary type of the player's starter and then switching to bug waifu/husbando because of powercreep.

We have a lot of cycle ideas in mind, they're all posted in david's early post in the beginning.

>>25071930
uhh nope guess again. Thematic relevance is definitely not a majora thing. He doesn't even abide by it half the time

>>25071935
>>25071954
I'm seriously not majora kek
>>
>>25071930
>using calm mind is "skill"
nice meme :^)
>>
>>25071969
>the rival starting out with whichever carabug whose secondary type corresponds with the secondary type of the player's starter and then switching to bug waifu/husbando because of powercreep.
This is fun.

Incidentally, some sort of overweight NPC with a team of six Bug Waifus is a definite hope.
>>
File: Dunkywunk9r.png (826KB, 1006x708px) Image search: [Google]
Dunkywunk9r.png
826KB, 1006x708px
>>25071962
Sims 4 is apparently shit but props for the expressive characters. That Turkey really does look like a shit.
>>
>>25071962
>the kiddie keyboard
so fucking good
>>
>>25071969
Thematic relevance is 10000% a majora thing. Do you know how often he jerked off thematic relevance when doing movesets? All the time. If it wasn't that it was jerking off based on body types being the other sole indicator.

Seriously, he cums so hard to thematic relevance you might as well say that he jerks off to the fact that the golems are all weak to ground typing.

>>25071989
There is a bug gym leader.
>>
>>25072022
You seriously care about majora way too much dunky.
>>
>>25071826
Latest, anon. That's with everyone being a bitch and not being around.
I want it done by mid-Feb but maps has to map.
>>
>>25072022
oh hi dunky

please stop shitposting about majora, it's not very productive
>>
>>25072039
>>25072044
two posts about majora, one of which saying hi majora is not shitposting. Besides, I've been productive all thread
>>
>>25072053
I'm saying that he was all about it.

Not that others may or may not, but the post sounded like a majora post. That was my point, nothing more. Glad you guys are working together though.
>>
File: Dunkywunk9j.png (151KB, 676x502px) Image search: [Google]
Dunkywunk9j.png
151KB, 676x502px
>>25072051
>>
>>25072064
>my post sounded like a majora post
fuck off dunky you hairy fatbara piece of shitcago
>>
File: VPClassPhoto.png (994KB, 1023x681px) Image search: [Google]
VPClassPhoto.png
994KB, 1023x681px
>>25072051
Is this a real photo?
>>
File: ChumpTeam.png (21KB, 484x320px) Image search: [Google]
ChumpTeam.png
21KB, 484x320px
>>25072082
>smokey
Why is a literal who insulting based Dunk?
>>
>download the new demo
>go to check the controls
>spam Enter
>nothing
GREAT DEMO, GUYS
>>
>>25072135
If you somehow thought this explained what the hell happened to you, you'd be wrong
>>
>>25072075
Spelling is too good for it. But keep on keeping on and keep on finishing shit.

For the love of god just do good rod distros, you kill me every time you update routes with only old rod distros.
>>
>>25072097
That's actually a really really good team.
>>
>>25072089
I'M NOT HONCH
>>
>>25072172
dunk and turk are actually kind of shitmons
>>
will this game have strong christian values
>>
>>25072178
see
>>25072162
>>
>>25072175
Did you forget Dust Devil again?

>>25072178
It's Central/South American based so it's Catholic
>>
>>25072178
yes norty actually HATES gays
>>
>>25070536
>That script sign

What are you using to make this, exactly?
>>
>>25072224
RPG Maker
>>
>>25069885
MCJAVELIN
>>
Incoming fanart that was requested a couple weeks ago, but I forgot to post in last weeks thread
>>
File: reading arthur fin.png (238KB, 520x704px) Image search: [Google]
reading arthur fin.png
238KB, 520x704px
>>25072386
Wrong file
>>
File: viipii mating 2.png (339KB, 664x1000px) Image search: [Google]
viipii mating 2.png
339KB, 664x1000px
>>25072393
And one other request
"Viipii looking uneasy about mating with Gravollum"
>>
>>25071980
no, degenerate duty is not nice
>>
>>25072386
>>25072393
YES GOD TIER

please come back and draw concept :'-(
>>
>>25072393
Can this be his magnum opus?

>>25072406
VAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA
>>
>>25069899
why not ocerumi instead of gravollum? isnt ocerumi fighting/rock?
>>
File: 1310483412100.jpg (80KB, 413x395px) Image search: [Google]
1310483412100.jpg
80KB, 413x395px
>>25072393
>Why Fairies are Fantasy and not Reality
>>
>>25072444
>isn't ocerumi fighting/rock
anon....
>>
>>25072444
Macuarrior/Ocerumi are both plain fighting. Ocerumi's the puncher and Macuarrior is all crit moves.
>>
>>25072444
Ocerumi is pure fighting.

Also, that's forbidden love.

>>25072449
His follow-up to that best seller is "No es Hada"
>>
>>25072450
>>25072451
>>25072459
oh. huh. my bad then...
>>
A list of the works of Arthur Plumadracon:
>Why Fairies Are Fantasy and Not Reality
>No es Hada: Realismo Magico
>Stones in the Mist
>Outrage of a Nation
>The Dance of Dragons
>The Old Samurai and the Bug
>John Wick 2
>>
>>25072491
he writes children's books but 6/10 for some effort
>>
>>25072501
Some of those they could read in school, just saying
>>
>>25072418
Thanks!
I haven't done any concept art recently, but I have helped with quite a bit in the past. I'll try to help out with some more though

>>25072427
We'll need to vote on that :^)

>>25072449
Kudos to Clash for that one
The other titles were
> The Elemental Calamity
> Dragons Definitely Don't Need a Nerf
> An Emerald, An Endless Flame and a Shipwreck
> Why 6 Dragons Are Better Than None
> Ryu Trio
>>
File: 1356222152217.png (528KB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
1356222152217.png
528KB, 2000x2000px
>>25071440
>>25071452
>>25071566

Having made icetope/chillnobyl I'm curious about this too. Where do my babies stand in sage?

I love all your guys' ideas so far, keep up the good work!
>>
>>25072508
yeah that's why I gave you the 6/10 senpai. It's a decent score

>>25072514
well if you have the time I'd love to see your take on any of the admins
>>
>>25072514
>ryu trio
You really are all weebs aren't you?

>>25072518
Thanks. I can live with that, build it up to a solid C.
>>
>>25072518
Sure! I'll give at least one of them a shot sometime.

>>25072520
We were just messing around
I did spend a semester in Japan last year though and loved it. I would like to think I've moved past the weeb stage, but it's all relative.
>>
File: scRAmRs.jpg (117KB, 510x755px) Image search: [Google]
scRAmRs.jpg
117KB, 510x755px
>>25072520
>>
where do sage lewds even come from
>>
>>25072581
fans and bored co-workers.

most of the team are ginjinka faggots
>>
>>25072581
They generate themselves
>>
>>25072581
Well one guy likes femdom, another guy likes buttholes, one dude likes impregnation, there is at least one furry, one person likes lesbian robots, one of them is gay and likes bara men, another is gay and likes twinks, and then the rest are probably into amateur or MILFs.
>>
>>25072589
empty occasionally posts dreamdery dick, otherwise I have no idea who you're talking about

ignoring the fact that QB and swim went to furcon

>>25072616
Light femdom man. Light femdom
>>
>>25072628
Make that one for femdom and one for light femdom
>>
File: df.jpg (84KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
df.jpg
84KB, 540x960px
>>25072628
I swear we were only there to make fun of people
>>
>>25072628
Majora is the furry though
>>
>>25072637
And dress up as animals! But that's all I swear to god!
>>
>>25072637
please post "batman"
>>
>>25072637
Is that Dunky in the background?
>>
>>25072643
batman?
>>
>>25072616
To keep you anons up to speed, we are currently attempting to conduct a full fetish census to vet the authenticity of your claims.
>>
>>25072785
Will this be a weekly sage sunday thing too
>>
>>25072785
update: we argued about the best method of collecting and polling fetishes, currently compiling a master list

>>25072808
yes
>>
File: photo_1452816968474.jpg (2MB, 2432x4320px) Image search: [Google]
photo_1452816968474.jpg
2MB, 2432x4320px
>>25072643
I don't have that but I do have rare footage of a giffing in progress
>>
>>25072815
update update: I'm going through /d/ by reply count to get them all
>>
>>25072837
*yiffing
Fucking autocorrect
>>
>>25072840
What are Majora's, Clash's and Dunky's?
>>
>>25072840
Don't forget /aco/, the fetish community was splintered by that
>>
>>25072845
majora
>shrimp
>surveys
>closing tabs

Clash
>sub

dunky
>slathering chicago style pizza on his bare chest
>being shirtless
>my name is jeff
>TM feedback
>majora
>>
>>25072845
>Dunky's
food
>>
>>25072855
>>25072858
>food
>>
>>25072855
Chicago, California style pizza*
>>
>>25072855
I'm being serious
>>
>>25072089
please don't post pictures of people without their permission, this was a ver special moment for sage
>>
Smokey, the OP of this very thread, is into scat
>>
>>25073005
this is libel and slander

I voted femdom :^)
>>
>>25073005
Just because he has shit opinions doesn't mean that he's into shit
>>
>>25072089
i still love that im the fat latino lady
>>
this isn't what I wanted for Sage Sundays

this isn't how it was supposed to be
>>
I thank you mod, for deleting this person's filth.
Inflation and blueberry are kill yourself tier fetishes
>>
>>25073029
At least Dunky isn't shitposting this time
>>
>>25073041
kill yourself raptor
>>
Good job mod, you are doing the world a good service.
You saved Sage Sundays for us all!
Who wants a hot dog? How about a beer?
>>
>>25073044
That's not Rapshit, that's David, he's actually getting shit done.
>>
Is the oil rig nig still ingame?
>>
File: never ever.png (453KB, 691x493px) Image search: [Google]
never ever.png
453KB, 691x493px
I was looking through the dex for a fighting type some of your shit is just ridiculous

>full force gives max damage to variable moves
>platypus gets a free 200BP Reversal at any health
>donkey is 90 speed with No Guard Dynamic Punch and Zap Cannon

still have to go with sword guy as my fighting type just for the design, but goddamn
>>
>>25073058
Donkey is on purpose because we like Zap Cannon and Dynamic Punch
>>
>>25073058
That's a pretty cool team anon
>>
File: hDHZHce.png (1MB, 3840x2880px) Image search: [Google]
hDHZHce.png
1MB, 3840x2880px
Well, to distract from that little episode, let's talk maps real quick.
Here's a near-final Route 9 that we've been spinning together. It still has one more round of potential edits, but after that it's ready to ship.

All that remains for 2.0 on the mapping side is interiors, Route 10, Andante, Dronia Sewers,and some plot related bullshit up at Starry Cave that Chao's forcing us to do.
>>
>>25073058
yeah during testing I got 6-0'd by the memeduck. It needs adjusting. Donkey isn't actually as good as you'd think, he's really fragile so he's balanced.

8/10 taste

>>25073057
Half is pushing for him to be Erion admin, half is pushing for a side character maingame appearance or be a battle-able character in post-game
>>
File: Pokemon Sage team.png (580KB, 1378x882px) Image search: [Google]
Pokemon Sage team.png
580KB, 1378x882px
>>25073058
mods are gods, post teams
>>
>>25073082
>plot at starry cave
Why does he do this
Why
Why would he force plot there
The whole point of the observatory was that it could have plot
Not starry cave
I swear to god Observatory maybe having plot is what kept us back for the longest time and what instigated making a fucking plot in the first place
And now he wants to put the plot not IN the observatory
but in starry fucking cave
I swear to god every single stupid idea has come from his mouth
>>
>>25073062

yeah no shit, but it's an even more insane togekiss with scarier damage. and the type eliminates the flying weakness that generally keeps fighting types in check (and you have no fairies). even has no guard HJK.

feeling some real dev bias here.
>>
>>25073095
again we tested it and it's really not as good as it sounds
>>
File: gobble.png (75KB, 250x329px) Image search: [Google]
gobble.png
75KB, 250x329px
>>25073082
I said it last thread but this route is really unmemorable. What's the point of the puddles in the middle? The area that appears right about when you enter the route is cluttered and too busy.

>>25073095
>dev bias
Just use pic related
>>
>>25073095
Have you considered just hitting it.
>>
>>25073113
>What's the point of the puddles in the middle?
They kind of play into the fact that the route south is going to be heavily swampy.
I don't like the puddles, personally.
>>
File: route9.jpg (100KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
route9.jpg
100KB, 600x400px
>>25073126
Yeah, it looks half-assed and more like it just rained on the route than a transition to a more swampy area.

Like I also suggested last thread, why not make it more like Big Cypress National Park and have some areas that are surf-locked?

HELL, have an area that's surf locked that leads to a secret area in the swamp underneath the Cycling Road?
>>
>>25073138
dunky get out
>>
Is there seriously no bigass series of amazon areas in a south american pokemon?
>>
>>25073138
fuck off dunky
>>
>>25073091
>there was a vote
>we wanted to remove starry cave from plot
>due to the surveying method/system we didn't
>8 different methods said we should remove cave from plot
>2 said we shouldn't
>we're keeping plot in cave
It's a mystery why the people running the surveys haven't been shot already
>>
>>25073203
a quarter of the region is a rainforest
>>
https://poal.me/6ljf1v
>>
>>25073241
god dammit this was not supposed to happen
>>
>>25073241
DELETE THIS
>>
>>25073289
hello?
>>
>>25073089
>gengar and tyrantrum
pass
>>
>>25073301
>shitposting and shit opinions
pass
>>
>>25073241
>14 for femdom
>11 for futa
>5 for sex change
Y'all into some domination arent you
>>
Who is dunky
>>
>>25073466
>having a domming futa
No thanks
>>
>>25069899
Keep Buckston. If Royjibiv must be, give it it's own slot.

I don't think Paramoth fits in the slightest. Maybe Mawasite?

>>25071889
>The new Ricardo team is much more thematically relevant
Explain the rationale behind that statement.
>>
>>25073695
What's wrong with Paramoth?
>>
I asked in Sage Sunday #1 if the gap between the Legato Pokemart and its connecting buildings has been fixed, and the answer was "yes." Now that it's been two weeks, may I please see the result?
>>
>>25074046
Mapper here, I know it's fixed but I don't have an image of it, there were 3 different versions of the fix I know though.
>>
I know this shit takes a lot of coordination and effort, and I appreciate that.

But real talk, when is Demo 2.0 possibly coming out?
>>
>>25074277
Sometime in between now and never. Realistically, maybe sometime in April. Hard to say. Things always take longer than you think they should, so take this with a grain of salt. There's still remapping of routes 9 and 10 and Andante, and full on starting from scratch of (maybe) the Dronia Sewers, every single interior including the gyms, and Starry Cave. Then we have to do Pokemon distributions, for 9, 10, rock smash, and the good rod. Item distributions too. There's also the matter of sidequests which is something we haven't even touched on after the Dreamdery Ranch one took fucking forever to deal with. On top of that, dialog needs to be written for nearly everything after the forest, including sidequests. Oh, and then of course there's programming everything in and doing internal testing to make sure it works so we don't have another route 2-tier bug that makes the game unplayable.

Yeesh. The more I think about what we have to do, the less optimistic I am that we'll finish it in a reasonable time frame. Maybe it'll be out for the gauntlet of skypefriends' birthdays in May.

Sorry this wasn't helpful and maybe a little pessimistic, but it's 3AM and I'm still up doing work for school. We'll try to have it out as soon as we can, time permitting, but of course when that is can be hard to narrow down exactly. I laugh at the people in the group who thought we could have it out by Christmas.
>>
>>25074325
Hey, it's an honest answer...I appreciate it
>>
>>25069889
Remove road.
Focus on the beach.
>>
>>25074325
If you guys didnt argue so much and agreed to get it done you could at least knock out a full route distro in a day. I'm talking encounter rates and mons in a few hours tops. Rock Smash and Good Rod in another day. Route 9, 10, Dronia Sewers, Andante Bay, Dronia City, Good Rod distros, and Rock Smash mons. That's 7 days if you really cant multitask.

Youve probably got a month for mapping Routes 9, 10, and Andante Bay if you get it done in a decent amount of time. Starry Cave might be 2-3 weeks and you know that interiors are a few hours tops. Steel Gym interior is done but you might tinker with Andante.

So with those two areas alone, you're looking at March.

Now, if you multitask and dont be super autistic about doing one thing at a time, you can get a whole bunch of other shit done at the same time. You arent inept idiots, you can synchronize your efforts and submit multiple trainer spreadsheets and item locations. You can do dialogue easy and not have to meet about it.

I know youre going to ignore this but you do know that if you guys weren't so hellbent on doing things one at a time you could have this done a lot faster. Because think about how long it takes you to get this demo out and what you need to do for the rest of the game and how long it will take at your current pace. You laughed at Majora's 2022 plan but at your current workpace you guys wont be done until 2018 at the earliest, and knowing life, it's more likely that you'll finish in 2020. If you want to get this done you're going to need to start multitasking.
>>
>>25073113
>dev bias
That's not Hurricanine.
>>
>>25074607
hi dunky, still ignorant as ever of what goes into the game you hide from so that your shiny new gf doesn't think you're a total freak
>>
>>25074628
Why does it matter who made that post, you know that it's true that unless you all start multitasking you'll end up spending another two years minimum on this.
>>
>>25074607
>Good Rod
Why would we do distros for something not even in the next demo.
That'd be as stupid as doing all the distros for TMs and expecting high quality work to be done there within a small time period.
Right dunky?
>>
>>25074325
>>25074607
>>25074628
>>25074652
>>25074736
I don't get why you're flipping out at that poster but they do make a point; when DO you devs anticipate finishing? It's been like 4 years
>>
>>25074904
It's been 3.
2.5 of them were on stilted development on 4chan, and maybe about 70% of that time was mostly focused on making the pokedex.
>>
>>25074904
yeah, it's not really fair to count post-pokedex time on 4chan. A lot of that was stagnant in-fighting and bickering
>>
>>25075162
>>25075211
So when do you devs anticipate finishing? Answer the question please.
>>
>>25075219
When it's done :^)
>>
>>25074652
we are multitasking dunky. We're doing mapping, distros, plot, character design and music at the same time. We're making better time now than we ever have before.
>>
>>25069925
It works if the first time you go through you can't use the road part. That's what Earthbound did.
>>
>>25075219
Who the fuck knows? We're not exactly experienced game devs working full time.
It'll be finished when it's finished.
>>
>>25075219
Who knows, man. It's a fangame. If everyone was working on it 24/7 it'd be done in a year. If everyone devoted an hour of their time to it per week it'd never be done.
No one wants to make predictions because any predictions rely on the current rate of doing stuff to really gauge. Right now, we're doing fine, could be going a bit faster but it's good. Distros will be finally caught up to maps for Demo 2 and then work can slow down without actually "slowing down".
Any estimate you get's not going to be true. I'll give you my personal hopes of spring of next year, but I can't really predict shit.
>>
>>25075219
this question has been answered maybe 5 times this thread. We're not giving a specific date out. Gamebuilding for 2.0 will most likely be done in march/early april and then it needs to be programmed and tested. Then comes fixes for 2.0, then comes 3.0 and so on and so on.

I don't know if you realize this but Sage is massive compared to any other Pokemon game out there right now. Gamefreak takes years to release their games and they're full-time, professional and PAID developers with an incredible amount of resources and a much larger staff. We're just a bunch of people doing it for fun and for the love of the project.
>>
>>25075262
>Sage is massive compared to any other Pokemon game out there right now

Why would you even do this?
>>
>>25075273
I think he meant fangame.

Which is kinda true since most fangames are pretty small scale and lack original resources.

Only other fangames on this scale are Ethereal Gates and Phoenix Rising.
>>
>>25075254
>>25075262
I know that. I'm asking what the unofficial gut feeling is, because if you are going slow, will it be done in the next few years? I'm asking for a realistic and serious guess that's all.
>>
>>25075286
If you want to find out for real, join Skype. It's an open invitation. You can ask me weshnat_wow, but the only real way to see why no one will properly give you an estimate is to see the inner workings.
it's autism. autism causes the delays.
>>
>>25075286
There is no realistic, serious guess. We can't make a good one.
It'll be done when it's done.
>>
>>25075286
that's nearly impossible to pin down or guess. Majora's crazy 2022 estimate where we're all in retirement homes is just majora being majora. If we can keep the pace we're moving at right now then 2016 is going to be a big year for Sage. But most of us are college students, some of us have full time jobs and real life always throws its curveballs. We're releasing content as fast as possible.
>>
>>25075321
>pace we're moving at right now then 2016 is going to be a big year for Sage
How so?
>>
>>25075379
Shit will get done is what. Not much more to say than that.
>>
>>25075379
We'll actually have a full year of solid development and that will go a long way, considering in the past we've had stagnant periods where most of us are either busy irl or no one knows what to work on next. I'd say right now is the most organized and efficient Sage has been. Summer, when most of us will have more free time aside from the 9-5 grind, will be huge for us I think.
>>
>>25071155
You did a good job
>>
>>25071155
Well that toxito is definitely better than the current one. Good job anon, if you're still lurking.
>>
>>25073304
>arguing pokemon sage is a unoriginal rip-off
pass
>>
>>25075424
Good luck! If you can actually get the game done before Gen7 hits it'll be a big deal with how thirsty people are for a new game right now.
>>
>>25075424
I'm drowning in irl stuff meself. Would love to help expedite the process during summer now that I can't "help" while lurking anymore.
>>
Playing through the current demo right now. Can I still obtain Gigaard? Or was that taken out?
>>
>>25077256
You can, but you'd have to grind a shitton to do it.
>>
>Thread is on the verge of sageing
But I don't want it to be over yet ;_;
>>
>>25077416
Sage will never sage.
>>
Playing the demo for the first time. You guys have something special here.

Are you considering adding mouse-controls for battles, like touch-screen controls in later Pokemon games?
>>
File: 1453510525253.gif (161KB, 793x622px) Image search: [Google]
1453510525253.gif
161KB, 793x622px
The thread will not die.
>>
>>25075495
Fun fact: I'm the one that made the old Toxito. The only difference between the one in the picture and the old one is that I think I changed a color or two to different shades
>>
File: Burrmudail_Sugi_4c.png (755KB, 2097x2097px) Image search: [Google]
Burrmudail_Sugi_4c.png
755KB, 2097x2097px
Post your favourite designs.
>>
>>25071861
>need to choose one
my vote goes to Eluchadon.
>>
So is sage not gonna have two versions or what
>>
>>25077795
No it will not
>>
>>25077539
nope
an auto-run key has been discussed, and the concept of hotkeys for certain key items was mentioned as well, but for now i would not expect anything above and beyond the controls already used in the demo
>>
>>25077802
Dang. I mean, I get that as a computer game you probably it would probably be really awkward since people could potentially just download bost versions...

I was thinking a potential fix for this would be to have one downloadable game, but make it so you can choose which "version" you want to play for your file.

Anyway, does this mean the games won't be able to connect with other peoples' games?
>>
>>25077879
No, you can't connect to other people's games
>>
>>25077839
speaking of the controls, why are they so retarded in the demo. Why does running have a seperate control instead of just making it whatever "B" would be? Is it a programming thing?

Also, why is the button for "start" also the button for "back." I could never get used to that.
>>
>>25077895
That's unfortunate. I mean, I think being able to connect with others and trade stuff were basically the whole reason the games were made in the first place. If I remember right, Tajiri imagined bugs crawling across the link cable of the gameboy.

But I understand if the feature is either really hard or impossible to implement. I don't know if rpg maker can do that, anyway.
>>
>>25077899
That's just default RPG Maker
>>
>>25077932
Oh that makes sense. Dang, I really wish you could change it.
>>
>>25078079
Use a controller and set up joytokey?
>>
>>25077879
Zeta Omicron have said they're able to, but in reality they don't connect peer to peer, they instead connect to some guy's random server, and even then we have no actual idea if that ever happened or if it's just a lie.
Essentials can't support any online play at the moment. If someone could come up with whatever code could establish a peer to peer network for Essentials, it'd be possible in theory, but you'd have to contact the Essentials dev for more info.
>>
>>25078079
we have discussed the possibility of making the 'default' keys different, or of somehow including multiple key setups, but i think joytokey is gonna be your best bet
believe it or not some devs actually like the existing keys and find them intuitive
>>
>>25078331
>Z X C, arrows keys, and escape are intuitive
Daily reminder that most shit opinions you see like this one should be ignored
>>
>>25078360
>forgetting f5
>>
>>25078367
I don't even NEED to mention f5 to tell him how shit his opinions are. That's just icing on the cake.
>>
>>25078360
>>25078367
>>25078376
At least you all can play the game
>>
File: 1364845958473.jpg (44KB, 410x308px) Image search: [Google]
1364845958473.jpg
44KB, 410x308px
>Forever searching for battle in Sage Showdown
>>
>>25078419
Link?
>>
>>25078379
What's your issue anon?
>>
>>25078435
I can't play the game because >mac
>>
>>25078430
viipii dot crabdance dot com
>>
>>25078445
To play on a mac, you need to get Wine then run the executable. Just google "wine program". Run it in "Wine Files", and if you get a blackscreen just hit enter.
This is all from the wiki, so if you've tried it, I've got nothin.
>>
>>25078483
I did and it didnt work
>>
>>25078483
Did they ever fix the problem where ice rink crashes the game when played with wine?
>>
>>25077784
Sorry fella, Ricardo's team has already been confirmed. Check the pastebin at the top. The pic that anon posted was waaaaay outdated
>>
I'd like it if the Eronze Admin was an oldie, Erion admin was middle aged and Erace one was a youngster.

Is the house on the frozen lake in Quaver Town just a ruse? Looking at the map, I'm pretty sure I just wasted a lot of time on something impossible. That's not very nice.

>>25078448
how do I get a sage team and not a gen 6 team
>>
>>25078753
It's possible. In the house you get the Old Rod. You can only catch Fortifry though.

Hint: Start further left than you think you'd need to.
>>
>>25078753
>how do I get a sage team and not a gen 6 team
teambuilders broken lol

use the text editor for now
>>
Is Tenochtitlan still happening??
>>
>>25078656
Ah, I see! Well, I like his final team, it looks very fitting.
>>
>>25073701
I don't think a royalty-inspired bug suits a western desperado-based jackass.
>>
>>25079090
paramoth for rival not for ricardo

reading comprehension senpai, take a college course in it
>>
>>25079103
I see rival and I think Ricardo. Damnit. I blame Gary Oak.
>>
File: capig.png (41KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
capig.png
41KB, 250x250px
I love this Cozy Pokemon.
>>
>>25078812
>implying majora would let ossia be anything but
>>
>>25079866
Majora can sacrifice himself to the sun God. There are other people on the project that have ideas too.
>>
I assume that chimpoca will be mid-late game, am I right?
>>
File: to be confirmed.png (1MB, 3840x2880px) Image search: [Google]
to be confirmed.png
1MB, 3840x2880px
>>
>>25080078
Most likely. It's probably going to be a jungle mon.
>>
>>25080102
What's different
>>
>>25080145
Gravel road at the bottom left corner and a wider path at the mid-left diagonal thing.
>>
>>25080191
Why use those fallen logs? It looks, ugly.
>>
>>25079572
someone needs to redo the hands on its sprite. As is it looks like it has crab claws
>>
Discord chat when?
>>
>>25080260
Discord doesn't have a ctrl-f feature.
>>
>>25080269
Well I'll be damned.

Still a lot better than Skype imo
>>
>>25080260
I fucking tried
>>
>>25080280
Good on you then.
>>
>>25080276
If only. It's kind of easier to separate channels with Skype than Discord.

In the future, maybe, but right now Discord's too beta.
>>
>>25074611

actually on that note, why is it the only thing in the game that gets lightningrod and drizzle? it's like they want everyone to use it.
>>
>>25080301
>It's kind of easier to separate channels with Skype than Discord.
Nah.
>>
>>25080102
Somethings wrong about that map, it's different from your other ones but I can't quite pick it up.
It seems super empty.
>>
>>25080310
It's the overabundance of trees and then that water part in the middle with the downed logs.
>>
Man, Caranox looks fucking awful. I hope that's not a finalized design.
>>
>>25080341
no that's not it
>>
>>25080351
All the carabugs are shit.
And it's final
>>
>>25080362
Design wise. They ain't bad statswise.
>>
>>25080422

you people have nothing but artists and idea guys on your team. you can fix those shitty looking things.
>>
>>25080458
Lunch
>>
>>25080467

?
>>
>>25080458
Only after you fix your attitude friend.
>>
>>25080458
>changing pokemon designs

out

now
>>
>>25080483
>>25080488

you unanimously agree they look awful but won't do anything about it.

the fuck kind of devs are you
>>
>>25080499
do you have any idea the amount of autism it took for them to make these threads after leaving /vp/
>>
>>25080499
>autism
>me suggesting we do sage sunday
>them telling me sure why not
>me making the threads

no not really, want to enlighten me
>>
>>25080513
Will there be another thread since this one is almost dead or will you let it die where dunky is banned from posting?
>>
>>25080513
was intended for
>>25080508
>>
>>25080517
nah, if this had autosaged on sunday I would make a second, but since it's tuesday we're gonna let it die and wait for #4 this Sunday. It has served its purpose for this week.
>>
>>25080499
>you unanimously agree they look awful but won't do anything about it.
Where are you getting this information friend?
I'd love to know your source.
>>
>>25080523
Will it have more info?
>>
>>25080536
#4? It'll have everything that got done between last sunday and this saturday. Distro, map and plot updates mainly, as well as any concept art that gets created.
>>
>>25080543
Can there be an updated and more honest jerk pic?
>>
>>25080549
yeah if you want I can whip one up. Any suggestions for what gets used?
>>
>>25080543
Oh, and what are the accurate results of the fetish survey
>>
>>25080553
way too many people are into femdom
>>
>>25080553
iirc top three were Femdom, Straight Shota and monstergirls

femdom masterrace fampai
>>
>>25080551
Accurate roster with what people generally think of those people
>>
>>25080558
I mean I'm not just going to make a pic listing every dev and roast them. I assume you mean like the schoolkid picture with all of the tripfag names over their heads. Give me a pic to use and I'll make one.
>>
>>25080557
>straight shota
Are you all bisexual?
>>
>>25080573
>straight shota
>straight

The answer is still yes
>>
>>25080558
Do you want some sort of "which dev hates which" chart
>>
>>25080612
What about whom hates whom
>>
>>25080612
>>25080630
encouraging dev hate is pretty lame desu
>>
File: done.png (907KB, 1266x810px) Image search: [Google]
done.png
907KB, 1266x810px
>>25080630
>>
>>25078753
Type the poke name in the search box and click the grey space to the right. It'll appear.
>>
>>25080102
Very simple but very nice, especially after Dronia (which I assume this is).

One thing though: The different lengths of the northern city walls drives my autism absolutely insane. If you don't have a really good reason for that, please fix it.
>>
>>25081207
This. It looks like an intentional trigger.
Thread posts: 393
Thread images: 43

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.