[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gen I Pokémon Essentials

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: mewtwo-ow.png (3KB, 160x144px) Image search: [Google]
mewtwo-ow.png
3KB, 160x144px
I would like to do a RPG Maker project with Gen I graphics, but with updated game mechanics (I considered ROM Hacking, but it has serious limitations that RPG Maker covers). I began working on Pokémon Essentials, remaking sprites of new Pokémon, replacing tiles, resizing the game window, etc. But maybe there is a project out there that has what I am looking for. I am not looking for sprite devamps, as I want to do them by myself; but a base game to work with.

Also, Gen I aesthetics thread.
>>
This thread might be too specific to last, but I also have a great question to ask, that is in line with the OP.

Is there anywhere that has data on the graphics of the gen 1/2 games?
There is a very clear tile grid to the old games, and I wondered if there stats on how big the areas were, and the overall size of all the maps in the game.
>>
I saw a guy that began a GBC Pokémon Crystal project on Essentials, but he left the project unfinished.
>>
>>25048766
so pretty much nothing new then?

no one ever finishes these projects
>>
>>25048094
Gen I was good because its speedy and less bullshit.
If you want to make a slowass game, is no use put simple graphic on it.
Just saiyan.
>>
>>25048835
I like Gen I aesthetics, but I know the game mechanics are broken as hell and it would be good to have more diversity (all new Pokémon, types, moves, items and such). But I understand that it is a project many people would not be interested in.
>>
>>25048835
Putting the newer base mechanics in wouldn't make it slower. Only adding in a ton of longer animations would do that.
>>
Maybe this helps: http://reliccastle.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=415
>>
>>25048094
Well the thing is that Red/Blue have been completely disassembled so literally the only thing stopping you from making a rom hack and putting in anything you want is how knowledgeable you are of ASM, which is partially why no one would really have interest in a "Gen 1 Essentials" unfortunately. Same with Gen 2 except someone did make a mod of Essentials for that style.
>>
>>25048880
But it will still have memory limitations and that, isn't it?
>>
>>25048864
>>25048854
If you press the directional at same time:
The time that you waste to leave palett to viridian in gen1 is the same time to leave the lab to the first grass tile in gen4.
>>
I still like this game.
>>
>>25049116
That has nothing do with the battle mechanics and has to do with the game engine, optimization, and hardware.
>>
>>25048897
The only things that you can't really do (and by can't really do I mean, you can do it if you're autistic enough but it's really, really time consuming) is have more than FF Pokémon or moves (minus a couple that are used for certain functions) because you'd have to pretty much rewrite the entire game to do so.

Gen 1 has plenty of free space; Gen 2 not so much (I think it'd only fill if you were adding a ton of new shit) but if you're willing to sacrifice the real-time clock like Prism did you can double the size of the cartridge and have more than enough space for anything you'll ever need.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.