[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

to this day i don't get how the gts is flooded with people

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

File: maxresdefault.jpg (75KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
75KB, 1280x720px
to this day i don't get how the gts is flooded with people asking for event mons

are there just THAT many people who don't understand?

i have a feeling life shouldn't be this awful
>>
If after 24 hour a Pokemon has not be traded it is removed from the GTS and returned to their trainer.

Is it fixed now?
>>
>>25039682
they should just make it so you can't ask for pokemon that can't be traded

it would take ten minutes to fix
>>
I bet you there are people on /vp/ that do this shit
>>
>>25039667
I just do it to show off my cool shines.
>>
>>25039845
With no one to comment about it nor care about it

gj m8
>>
>>25039860
That's not true. I do a bow of respect every time I see a shiny asking for an event mon.
>>
>>25039667
When I use the GTS, I make sure to trade exclusive-based Pokemon (like the Sawk I put in this morning in exchange for Throh) for other exclusive-based Pokemon. That, or I send over trade-based evolution Pokemon for other trade-based evolution Pokemon.
>>
The people who really piss me off are the ones who either ask for the same exact Pokemon that they put up for trade (I wouldn't be fucking looking for it if I already had it to exchange to you), or the ones who put oddly specific lvl requests on Pokemon, like wanting a level 1-10 Alakazam.
>>
>>25039667
one day i hacked some hoopas and mews and take their ribbons and traded them over the GTS for rare shinies
>>
>>25039667
just a bunch of dumb kids.
>>
Remember when the GTS was actually usable back in gen 4? I miss those times
>>
>>25040184
except it wasn't
>>
>>25040156
I do that because I want one from another country.
>>
>>25040197
Idk about you, but I had a relatively easy time getting Pokemon that I needed. People wanting event pokemon lv 9 and under were uncommon in my experience.
>>
>>25039875
>catch shiny Zigzagoon
>throw that shit on wt
>"Manaphy lv 9 and under"
>shit's hilarious
>forget about it and go about my business
>be at work later
>suddenly feel a strange sensation wash over me
>no windows, but a subtle breeze laced with the faint scent of Doritos wafts by
>faint pang of sympathy for Japanese people out of nowhere

Shit's weird, guys.
>>
>>25040164
How?
>>
>>25040156
Same, it's annoying
>>
>>25040156
I only did the former because I wanted a Gen 6-only National Dex.

But yeah, the latter is annoying as fuck, especially when they want Legendaries at a low level.
>>
>>25040130
It is better to send trade-based evolution Pokemon and ask for the final evoluted form, actually. Doing so, you avoid being played by someone sending you an everstone. >>25039667
Some of them do that to transfer their Pokemon from a game to another. But the method obviously don't work with event mons. But I kind of understand now why people put a Bidoof on the GTS and ask for a Mewtwo.
>>
>>25039729
You can filter out event legendaries, but that won't stop people from asking for a Zekrom for a fucking Bidoof
>>
>>25042058
A good point. I've been lucky so far, but who knows when something like that may happen.

>>25042176
How do you do this? I'm getting sick of seeing people ask for event 'mons on the GTS.
>>
>>25039729
You can't trade event Pokemon?
>>
>>25042563
Not on the GTS. At least not normally.

They put in an exception for the ORAS Deoxys, so that the one without a ribbon and with the pentagon symbol can be traded over the GTS, but others cant.

However, they ended up applying that rule to all mythicals. If you used PKHeX to modify a mythical obtained in an actual gen 6 event and removed its event ribbon, you can trade it on the GTS. Gamefreak never bothered fixing it.
>>
>>25042058
>>25042255
Yeah but if you asked for the FE form you're just relying on benevolence whereas you're hooking up with other needy bros if you ask for the same guy.

And if someone sends you an everstone, so what? Just take it off and reup the mon they sent for the same offer. Nothing's changed except they lost an everstone and you're one up.
>>
It's actually kind of obvious when you look at the numbers on the GTS site thing. There are literal millions of Pokemon Players and the GTS is one of the easiest things to know about. You don't even have to have beaten the game, just get to the first town or something. There's probably thousands of trades going on at any given time, but people can only put up one trade. So let's say everyone on /vp/ puts up a fair trade right now. Check in an hour and they'll likely all be gone because "hey its rare I find a fair trade on the GTS"
Now keep filtering it like that for every fair trade at every given moment. With millions of players looking through only 720 Pokemon, it's viable to assume at least one person is on every single Pokemon's page at any given time ready to snatch up the latest trade possible so they can get the last thing in their dex or whatever the fuck.

What does that leave then? The shitmon trades you see, because everything else is gone.
Those shit trades would be gone too if they were doable even by virtue of the people who clone a ton of level 100 Articuno, but they're literally 100% impossible.
>>
File: 20160120_104908.jpg (4MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20160120_104908.jpg
4MB, 5312x2988px
>>25042058
>Some of them do that to transfer their Pokemon from a game to another.
I did this to get a Virizion I got from WT from my OR to X. Put up some Flecthling I caught, immediately go to OR and can't find my Fletchling. Switch back to X,
>The Pokémon you deposited was traded!
Someone gave me a Virizion for Fletchling. I really hope it's hacked and someone didn't trade it to me by accident.

>>25042255
Click Options, then Don't Include.
>>
>>25043088
The only problem with that is that you still see people looking for things like like the legendary birds/beasts and such.
>>
>>25039667
You can filter that out. Granted, it leaves little to browse through.

What pisses me off more, is that you can't filter out those fucks who want Articuno/Moltres/Zapdos/etc.
>>
>>25042058
>>Some of them do that to transfer their Pokemon from a game to another.
>Not just getting Pokemon Bank
I only use the GTS for trade evolutions.
>>
>>25043790
Yeah, I forgot to add "to trade an item from a game to another".
>>
>>25043790
Trade evolutions is a meme
>>
>>25043088
Thanks, anon. That was helpful.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.