[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When did you suspect him?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 4

File: lysandre.png (49KB, 400x192px) Image search: [Google]
lysandre.png
49KB, 400x192px
Be honest, at what point during the main story did you realize Lysandre was the leader of Team Flare?

I honestly couldn't believe it, as Lysandre was spouting all these notions of a beautiful world while all Team Flare did was say that all the best stuff would belong to just them. If Lysandre had something to do with Team Flare, I figured, surely he would get together people who fit his 'beauty' criteria and not the very opposite thereof.

It was obvious there was a connection (considering Pokémon plots anyway) but I only had to realize he was the bona fide leader when I knew about the 5'000'000 fee and heard the NPC in Lysandre's café say to Lysandre directly that she would soon have the amount.

What's your story? Instant "yup, here's our Giovanni"? Or were your expectations as high and your uptake as slow as mine?
>>
Not long after meeting him.
>>
Instant because of his appearance. Just look at that shit wowee
>>
instant,just like how I figured that Diantha was the champion
>>
whenever you speak with him (except maybe in Sycamore's lab?) the game plays weird creepy music.

Dead giveaway
>>
>>25035973
>I figured that Diantha was the champion
Ironically, I thought that too.
But Lysandre could have been so much more interesting if he hadn't been the big boss.

Clearly, I'm just a dunce.
>>
When his hair was the Team Flare color
>>
>>25035965
Pretty much this
>>
>>25035957
>fucking identical colour scheme to Team Flare
>over the top outfit and style

If you didn't know instantly you're an idiot.
>>
His hair
>>
>>25035990
Obviously there was a degree of connection. But come on. It's almost TOO obvious. Lacking effort in the plot department is one thing, but making this guy out to be someone who helps you and then pull a 360 by having him be the boss of a group of henchmen he should deem a million times worse than the protagonist is abysmal.

Seriously, he gives you stuff, and when the big reveal comes he basically wants you dead. If he has something of a mental illness they could and should have explored that further.
>>
>>25036001
XY was focused more on trying to introduce all the new features and shit (even the intro is nothing but that) so I'm not that surprised the plot was kinda off
>>
>>25035957
Literally immediately. There was a small hope that it was a red herring for a few minutes but then when I saw him sperging out in front of Diantha I gave up on that.
>>
>>25036001
>almost TOO obvious

These games are for children, there's no such thing. You literally couldn't figure out the plot of a children's game.
>>
>>25035957
The moment they first show him on screen.
My reaction was pretty much "oh great, and then there's this asshole".

Fuck you Lysander, I just wanted to travel the region and slap Diantha's titties around for the championship.
Fuck you and your beautiful world.
>>
>>25035957
The moment he and Diantha had coloured text boxes.
>>
>>25036013
That's probably true. I thought they ade quite an effort for Pokémon standards, what with AZ and the like. But even that is rather slapped together.
>there was a war
>WHY?!

>>25036104
You know that not all media for children is trite, right? Though the second sentence is true.
>>
>>25035957
it's pretty much obvious right away (but this works for every pokemon baddie, the exception is zinnia since writer itself cannot decide if he wants to make her a bad guy or fuck her)
>>
File: Tears... why.gif (948KB, 413x233px) Image search: [Google]
Tears... why.gif
948KB, 413x233px
>>25035957
Like people already said, the instant he appeared on screen. His design just screams Team Flare leader.
I liked him, though. Nice way to go.
>>
>>25035957
Literally when he showed up for the first time.
>>
First thought: Either Champion or Villian Leader

We hadn't encountered Team Flare or Diantha uptil that point so I was pretty conflicted. Then thought he's too similar looking to Alder to be champ, so probably villian. Confirmed when met Team Flare in Glittering Cave for first time
>>
>>25035957
from the first time I saw him

it couldn't be more obvious
>>
by the time he first showed his dissatisfaction for the current state of the world but wasnt clear and direct with how he planned to change things. always a clear sign of whos bringing trouble in pokemon
>>
>>25035957
I had a strong suspicion when you first talk to him in Sycamores lab. I knew for certain when you talk to him and Sycamore in that cafe though. Yelling about genocide, purging the unclean or whatever the fuck it is he says, and Sycamore just stands there like it's a regular fucking Tuesday with Lysandre.
>>
>>25035957
Knew it immediately. Corocoro had already revealed Team Flare pre-release, though they never mentioned Lysandre. But knowing what Team Flare looked like, then putting them together with Lysandre, it was very obvious. I mean, the fucking colors. They gave it away.
>>
literally moment I saw him. look at his hair
though I don't blame you cause his motives were completely out of sync with the grunts, worst villain yet
not just saying that, he was
>>
>>25035957
I didnt know it was meant to be a twist
>>
As soon as I saw him.

Was hoping it would be a fake-out.
>>
>>25036373
It probably wasn't. But like some others here, I had hoped that it was.

>>25036294
>but wasnt clear and direct with how he planned to change things
Other villains were quite in-your-face as far as their plans go, though.
>>
This is not a troll thread? Really?
>>
>>25036104
That would be a sound argument if the plot wasn't about a genocide, kind of a hard topic for a kids' game
>>
When his design was first shown.
>>
>>25035957
>has the same color scheme
>very first time you meet him he's waxing philisophic

OP, you're not implying that this was supposed to be hard to figure out, are you?
>>
>>25035957
in the cafe really right off the bat
>>
>>25036405
This is fucking troll thread but people are biting like idiots. It's obvious OP is being sarcastic as fuck.
>>
>>25035957
As soon as I saw him the first time.
>>
Everyone keeps talking about the colour scheme. But Lysandre's hair is not the same colour as that of the grunts, unless I'm very much mistaken.

>>25036405
No. I'm just an idiot who had way too high expectations for the story in XY. Had Lysandre been handled better (or not been the antagonist) I would've liked XY many many times more. I was decieving myself.
>>
>>25035957
Immediately, given the color of his hair and the things he says
>>
>>25036777
>the things he says
Yes, those are suspicious. But surely not "Team Flare is the greatest/Everyone should have nothing except Team Flare" tier.
>>
professional troll OP 10/10 would read again
>>
I always think it'd be a perfect surprise if they switched Lysandre and Diantha's roles.
>>
After I saw his hair.
>>
It wasnt that much of a secret imean he kept talking about it
>>
>>25036001
the plot point there is team flare using the devices to spy on people, a commentary on IRL devices — including the device you play the game on, with it's cameras and microphones
>>
>>25036203
Oh yeah she was a bad girl...she just need a good spanking.
>>
>>25036615
When Team Plasma confirmed that they were going to keep doing the whole Team Villain thing for a story I pretty much accepted the story in a mainline pokemon game was never going to blow me away.
>>
>>25035957
Pretty much from the first time he showed up. I mean, wasn't it obvious?
>>
I was more surprised by Malva being a Flare than him.
>>
File: 1332342143915.jpg (29KB, 219x219px) Image search: [Google]
1332342143915.jpg
29KB, 219x219px
>>25038202
Wait, what?
>>
>>25035957
The second I saw him. You must be autistic or underage if it wasn't instantly obvious
>>
>>25035957
Around when he sperged out at an old woman about "muh immortalitly, muh beauty" while ominous music played. In other words, immediately.
>>
>>25038215
Did you do the Looker side story?
>>
>>25035957
I saw his hair and instantly knew
>>
>>25035957
Literally the moment I saw him. You're pretty slow man.
>>
>>25035957
Immediately because they gave him creepy music during his introduction
>>
>>25038070

So much this. You form teams for going to the olympics, or some board games, or fucking dodgeball. YOU DON'T FORM TEAMS TO CAUSE THE APOCALYPSE GAMEFREAK
>>
File: 1452411237804.jpg (33KB, 326x407px) Image search: [Google]
1452411237804.jpg
33KB, 326x407px
>>25037948

>mfw Pokemon Z has Diantha finishing what Lysander started
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.