[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/v/ thinks BW2's story is garbage

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 5

File: 734.jpg (693KB, 1883x718px) Image search: [Google]
734.jpg
693KB, 1883x718px
How does this make you feel?

>>>/v/324136991
>>
>>25016921
Eh that's just a few people
Plus the way he talks about it is so badly done, I could do that for basically anything at all
Like "I don't get why people like pokemon so much, all you do is catch monsters into balls. No, I don't give a fuck that I need to beat the champion, they only appear at the end anyway"
>>
Because until the Unova remakes come out it's cool to hate Gen V.
>>
BW had the best stories period. Anything else in comparison will seem like shit.
>>
>>25016921
BW2's story is garbage and it heavily pales in comparison to BW's

It lacks all the ideology and deep thinking that the BW story had and no moral conflict. Literally the only reason you really get involved is because of your friend's cat being stolen.
>>
BW2's story was shit compared to BW. Even then, BW was nothing good either, it was just the first game that tried to give a decent attempt
>>
/v/ thinks everything is garpage. How is this news?
>>
>>25016957
this
>>
The video actually explains really well. I almost felt bad for Gen 5 fags.
>>
>>25016953
I liked the conflict between Plasma and Neo Plasma. Plus one of the shadow triad members says something that implies the Pokeballs merely just create an artifical bond between the pokemon and their trainer.
The idealogy is still there, it's just up to you to decide whether you believe it or not. It's pokemon Black and White after all, as that's how a lot of people's perspectives work.

>>25016950
I liked DPPt's story as well, I thought Team Galactic was really cool, especially Cyrus.
>>
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2yxv55
>>
>>25016950
BW's story is shit. They copped out on the Plasma conundrum by just saying LOL POKEMON LOVE IT THO and WE MUSTACHE TWIRLERS NOW

>>25016974
DP's story was the definition of phoning it in. They recycled the RSE "let's awaken the legendary and control it" wholesale while being less appealing and making even less sense.
>>
>>25016989
Why would you not want to use one of the most powerful Pokemon in existence to assist in your plans?
Are you going to use a magikarp or some shit?
>>
>>25016921
>/v/ thinks
Stopped reading right here.
>>
>>25016977
Not really, if that were the case people would be praising shit like Reborn as well.
>>
>>25016921
>Tajiri
>having anything to do with pokémon games anymore
>>
File: maximum discardment.gif (712KB, 600x525px) Image search: [Google]
maximum discardment.gif
712KB, 600x525px
>>25016921
>/v/
>>
>>25016921
As a Gen 5 fan, BW2's story is, like pre-Gen 5 and Gen 6, almost non-existent. The post-game was what made BW2 the best Gen 5 game: PWT allows you to battle Gym Leaders and Champions, it also has rental (that is nothing new), allows you to use banned legendaries on PWT's left reception. BW2 also has a pseudo Mystery Dungeon place in Black Skyscraper/White Treehollow that is not as popular as PWT but it's also a good place to battle by finding a Key trainer to challenge the Area Leader without using items (each floor has at least one Nurse and two Pokemon Breeders with two of Chansey line)
>>
File: 1438145415688.jpg (32KB, 468x347px) Image search: [Google]
1438145415688.jpg
32KB, 468x347px
>>25016994
Because they don't think of the consequences of their actions. Team Rocket fucked up with Mewtwo, but they moved on from it. If Kanto were made today, we'd be forced to capture him before the final battle with Giovanni.

Evil teams don't think "Hmm, is there any way this could possibly backfire?" This IS one of the strongest Pokemon in existence we're talking about. Magma and Aqua fucked up with Groudon and Kyogre, and Galactic fucked up with Dialga/Palkia (though Cyrus alone was getting what he wanted, so it's debatable). Gen 5 made it okay to not have consequences with fucking with the worlds' most powerful beings, and that rusltes me.
>>
>>25017111
Neither Reshiram nor Zekrom are supposed to be destructive. They were the pokemon of heroes, even. They also only appear to truly good hearted trainers. Why would there be a consequence?
>>
>>25017120
They are still powerful and potentially destructive beings. They are Pocket "Monsters". The mere fact that Zekrom and Reshiram exist imply that Pokemon, as a whole, have a solid definition on what is good and what is evil, and if that's the case the entire story of B/W, as well as Team Plasma's (true) intentions, fall apart.
>>
>>25017133
What do you mean by it fell apart?
Zekrom and Reshiram side with Ideals and Truth respectively, and that's also why the two brothers broke up to journey on their own.
The whole point of BW is whether you choose to side with the "truth" or the "ideal".
>>
>>25016921
>Hating something like this with a passion

This is why we stay away from /v/.
>>
>>25016930
I know a guy who hates Pokemon for that exact reason. Of course he's a genwunner too.
>>
>>25016921
/v/ is contrary on all opinion, ergo /v/ says a game sucks, it's actually good
>>
>>25016921
I agree with them.
>>
>>25017003
Why does /vp/ think itsa better board than /v/?

As a person thats been on both for a while i can say that /vp/ is by far the worse board of the two.
Anyone who thinks otherwise is delusional or part of the cancer that makes this board the shithole it is (I'm looking at you RPfags and gardefags).
At leat /v/ has moderation.

Oh and remember which one of the two boards was made as containment.
>>
>>25017199
I've been on both as well and I personally think /vp/ is better.
Though there's lots of furfags and frogposters sometimes, etc. The people here are generally better.
We all like the same thing after all, even if it's not the same gen.
>>
>>25016921
BW2 is "back to your regularly scheduled program" after things got changed that much in BW: It's 1's plot that is heavily watered down, making it the same as all the previous games.Then there's the return of the old Pokemon. I'll say though, Neo Plasma was cool.
>>
>>25016921
Well of course they do. BW2's story was the best compared to other mainline pokemon games. Compared to other games, shit's pretty mediocre.
>>
>>25016921
I agree.
>>
>>25017251
I think the reason why a few people might find BW2's story disappointing is because it's a continuation of BW's story and just that. Some people probably expected a completely new plot again or something like that.
>>
File: Neutral.jpg (26KB, 651x500px) Image search: [Google]
Neutral.jpg
26KB, 651x500px
>>25016921
Neutral, since everyone have their own opinion. Nothing is perfect.
>>
>>25017111
>Mewtwo
>Team Rocket

Anon? In the games, Team Rocket didn't have shit to do with Mewtwo. You've basically invalidated a large part of your argument
>>
I thought the gen 5 story was good, but personally I like gen 4's story the most. It was definitely the darkest.
Also, I can't even remember the names of the four friends in XY.
>>
>>25016921
>making a thread because someone on /v/ thinks b-based Gen V's story is bad
That's really fucking pathetic, you know that?
>>
BW2 were the best games not because of the story, but DESPITE the story, which was a shit.
>>
>>25016974
D/P early game made no sense, let's steal this Honey! Then at the Climax was the Red chain was broken was because he let you break out the legendary Pokemon that he captured to control D/P. Cyrus also hands you the masterball too....
Cyrus is cool, not Galactic
>>
>>25017381
>Gen 4 best story
Name the cool parts? Mt. Cornets plan is foiled because he gave you the Pokemon to break the red chain and spent time captuing
>>
>>25017451
>was the Red chain was broken was
What

But yeah, Cyrus was fucking with Galactic after all, so I can see why you'd only like Cyrus.
The grunts themselves were just desperate pride seekers. Admins are better, even if they didn't know about Cyrus' real plan in the first place either.
>>
>>25017456
Platinum's story was definitely better in that regard - he let you free the lake spirits because he knew they could only stop one legendary, but not both.
>>
>>25017464
Fuck auto correct I'm on mobile
Let me break down the Climax
>Catches 3 lake trio mons
>Uses them for making the red chain
>Gives you the masterball
>Tells you to set them free (Mandatory)
>Summons D/P uses Red Chain
>Lake Trio breaks train
>Trainer uses masterball
>Cyrus get's angry and leaves
Dark Story
>>
I don't think anyone ever thought BW's story was fine art (If you think any video game story is, you're a pleb). It's an above-average vidya story and a good Pokemon story. It contributes to the gestalt of the franchise. It fleshes out some of the poorly understood aspects of the Pokemon universe and we enjoy it because we're Pokemon fans, not because it's a standalone piece of literature.

Also, the way that guy felt the need to link to a clip of a bad anime dub to "explain" his very simple argument is pretty autistic.
>>
>>25017470
Yes I love platinum, but I hate it when people applaud D/P. I think he let's the lake trio go anyways in those games
>>
>>25017477
>It fleshes out some of the poorly understood aspects of the Pokemon universe
Not it fucking doesn't, it just restates shit that was already said in previous games. It adds nothing new to the argument.
>>
>>25017486
Restates what shit? When?
>>
>>25017486
It question, are we really in the right for using pokeballs? I don't know it does a little
>>
>>25017486
Unless it was in the Ashnime, I can't recall any other time in the franchise where they explored the ethics of Pokemon ownsrship.
>>
>>25016921
It is, Gen V was a mistake imo.
>>
>>25017542
Well at least you said in your opinion
>>
XYORAS lore > BW story
>>
>>25017348
>what is the Master Ball

You think they took over Silph Co for sport?
>>
>>25016921
Sad, I care a lot about dad's opinions.
>>
>>25016921
Well, they're right. Gen 5 had the second-weakest plot in the series after gen 2, which is sad considering how much potential a pokemon rights angle has.
>>
>>25017572
This.
>>
>>25017572
They're two very different kind of things, so I can see why you might prefer that kind of thing.
I thought the BW story was interesting though.
>>
>>25017573
Catching strong Pokemon.
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.