[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How would you rank ORAS in terms of enjoyment and fun and compared

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 6

File: may.jpg (23KB, 500x299px) Image search: [Google]
may.jpg
23KB, 500x299px
How would you rank ORAS in terms of enjoyment and fun and compared to other pokemon games?
>>
it's my least favorite mainline pokemon game in nearly a decade.
>>
>>24994973
Nice meme m8
>>
I'd give it a 12
>>
Too much water.
>>
>>24994964
It's better than the original Ruby/Sapphire but that's about it
>>
>>24994964
I love my modded New 3ds!
>>
>>24994977
I'm serious.

I enjoyed XY, BW, and DP because they were new gen games and I always enjoy new gen games because of the new Pokemon and region. I liked BW2 because it was actually a sequel for once instead of a mixed third game rehash. And I liked HGSS because it had a shit ton of stuff to do after you beat the game and the overall atmosphere just felt nice and polished. I thought Platinum was ok because I liked having the Battle Frontier back.

ORAS is just trash. The only enjoyable things it brought to the table were some of the megas and flying to any route. That's literally it.
>>
If we're talking how much enjoyment and fun can be had out of the games today, I'd rank them my second least enjoyable games, only above RBY. If we're talking about how much enjoyment and fun was had when the games first came out, ORAS is easily the worst.
>>
>>24994964

It was shit. I stopped playing after beating the champion and didn't bother doing that zinnia crap.
>>
The first time - 9/10
Longevity - 2/10
>>
>>24994964
I actually really enjoyed the maingame but then it just drops the ball harder than any Pokemon game ever has.

Emerald feels like the reverse to me.
>>
Uh, about 7/10 for personal enjoyment. I had a lot of fun seeing Hoenn in new graphics, but it lacked the sort of challenge that would make me want to go back and replay it.

Favorites were B2/W2 and Platinum btw.
>>
>>24995033
If I'm doing my math right, that's an average of 7/10. Just say you liked it
>>
>>24994964
I'd rate it just below HG/SS, aka my favorite games. OR/AS was great and I can't wait for gen VII to come out so the "OR/AS sucked" meme will die. But I bet gen VII will be good too and I'll be mad that everyone will hate it.
>>
>>24995051
>(9 + 2)/2 = 7
no
>>
>>24994964
Honestly I enjoyed it, though a fair bit is going to be nostalgia.
>Updates to region was 8/10, was graphically nice to walk around in and had a lot of great small touches
>difficulty was 2/10 but it's a pokemon game, just don't use exp share. Honestly, I trained like 10 pokemon just to play around with old favorites like cacturn and seviper in game
The dexnav was a nice addition, and really the only thing hindering it is a lack of end-game beyond multiplayer/catch 'em all stuff that's in every game.
If the difficulty were scaled, and more megas were available for in-game trainers, and a battle frontier were in, it would probably be my favorite game, above HGSS.
7/10
Can't wait until a difficulty romhack comes out
>megas for E4/Gym leaders/Strong mooks
>higher levels
>all mons available in-game
>harder teams
>probably shitty modded battle frontier
>>
Honestly, it's the first main series game in a long time that I have disliked a lot. Maxed out my hours in Y and got about 400 into X, only just completed Alpha Sapphire with a fair amount of disappointment. Like previously mentioned, drops the ball harder than any game before 6/10
>>
>>24994964
All the trainer card is telling me is that we'll never get customization
>>
I liked it but the Delta chapter was really bad and I just wish it had more. I'm not even talking about the Battle Frontier. I mean something like the PWT or something else new instead of that shit Delta chapter and a direct rip of the Kalos Maison.

I miss customization too. A lot. And it feels like they could have added a couple more Megas(lol Mega Flygon).

But overall 7-8/10.
>>
>>24995051
>If I'm doing my math right

you're not
>>
>>24995005
Then it's as much trash as FRLG
>>
>>24994964

Last out of the main series games.

It's the only main series games that I actually regretted buying, and I bought Pearl, twice.
>>
>>24994964
I like what they did with R/S/E story and Delta was a good addition but the post game really hurt it. Catching legendarys can only be so fun for long and I burned myself out on everything else to do since I did all that shit in X&Y.
>>
Honestly?

I thought it was horribly rushed, lacked polish, and was honestly a big waste of potential. The lack of a lot of Emerald features or even some X/Y features hurt it quite a bit, and it overall felt like a romhack of X/Y. It was way too easy, and shit like being given a legendary early in the game drove me crazy (never used it).

I don't think it was all bad, I do think that the story was actually massively improved and I did like some of the lore sections like Sea Mauville or the little bits of new lore sprinkled throughout the game. Delta Episode was also pretty damn great (Too bad it was spoiled a week before...) and I do think some of the Gen 5 mechanics did help the game. I just wish the Mega selection was a bit better for ORAS.

Overall, I did not absolutely hate it, but I thought it was the weakest Pokemon game in quite some time. It reintroduced many issues the original RS had for no damn reason instead of fixing them, and did not have the content or longevity that HGSS had. Its also the first remake where I feel like a previous version (Emerald) was actually superior in a lot of ways, which is kind of sad.
>>
>>24994964
Absolute shit.

We've had a solid Pokémon release consistently since Platinum, and OR/AS fucked it up.

I'm actually selling my copy tomorrow, can't believe I waited so long.
>>
>>24995123
Rutile Ruby/Star Sapphire?
>>
7/10
Would've been 10/10 if it had gym leader rematches and the Battle Frontier
>>
File: ORAS.png (228KB, 893x1200px) Image search: [Google]
ORAS.png
228KB, 893x1200px
Above average compared to other games when doing the first play trough, shit overall.
>>
DUDE MODDED 3DS LMAO
>>
Didn't like R/S. Don't like OR/AS. They added nice features like DexNav and the Flute so fly wasn't needed anymore but aside from that the games are just so weak. Legendary hunting isn't really a catch for me anymore so the games offered nothing good post game and the main game is so easy you have to limit yourself in order to have fun. I raised 10 Pokemon in it just so I wouldn't be bored.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (31KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
31KB, 480x360px
>>24997398
>no physical bonus is included
maker of image confirmed shitposter who didn't actually buy the games
>>
>>24997448
When was that? Not him but I actually bought ORAS and didn't get anything like that.
>>
>>24994964
dat chest
>>
>>24994964
boobs don't work like that

then again if you ever saw any real ones you'd know
>>
>This ORAS is bad maymay
wew lad

The games were just alright, to be honest. GameFreak could've and should've done a better job with these, but it's GameFreak, so I guess I shouldn't expect them to be competent.

People love to bitch and moan about postgame, so much so that it makes me wonder what they're even playing these games for.

They aren't /bad/ games, especially compared to such atrocities like: D/P, and R/B/Y, but you can't help feeling like they just shat out ORAS as quick as possible for some easy cash.

Here's hoping whatever new gen 6 game that comes out can make gen 6 not so mediocre.
>>
>>24997453
http://www.amazon.de/Nintendo-2228140-Pokemon-Omega-Steelbook/dp/B00N3X4PM0/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1452694779&sr=1-1&keywords=oras+steelbooks

they're pretty much all sold out everywhere by now but I found one where they still sell the steelbooks. They were pretty heavily advertised. The figurines were japan exclusive I think.
>>
>>24997457
>he's never heard of a push-up bra
>>
>>24997472
They're talking about like the Pokewalker and Wireless Adapter.
>>
I like oras a lot, better than XY.

Still i think i like platinum the most.

Remake when?
>>
>>24997503
it said physical bonus, oras came with multiple physical bonuses depending on region. I prefer the shiny steelbook over the wireless link cable that didn't even support multi battles.
>>
>>24995086
>>24995218
Well now I just feel stupid
>>
>>24997398
half of the complains are about changes made and the other half are about changes not made... make up your mind kiddo, it's a remake of ruby / sapphire, not a rework of emerald.

some complaints are valid, I give you that, the games were rushed and it's sad that, like in the originals, there is no gym leaders rematch.

On the other hand, I'm glad we got rid of the button mashing for pokeblocs and that they spent some time designing things for the story rather than wasting time in a battle frontier...

You want a post game ? just access the internet once a day, find secret bases, activate level release and fight strangers, that's fun.
>>
>>24997651
as someone who thought oras was ok, this rs remake excuse needs to fuck off
>>
>>24997703
>excuse
But where you're wrong is its a legit arguement.
>>
>>24997651
>it's a remake of ruby / sapphire, not a rework of emerald
It's like you're asking it to be shit
suck Masuda's dick a little harder, shill
>>
>>24997703
>>24997721
yeah, I know it's a shitty excuse, don't you think I wouldn't have loved more things like megas for pokemons you can actually get ? or, at least, actually use like milotic (just an overworld surf milotic model would have been cool) but, heh, with all the pressure assholes down there put on them with this silly "hoenn confirmed" meme, they did it in only one year. and from this perspective, ORAS is fuckin gorgeous for a one-year project.
>>
>>24997751
>inb4 "it wasn't made in one year you newfag"
>>
>>24995005
>He enjoyed DP
Dare I ask why? I consider them to be the worst games in the franchise.
>>
As a hoenn baby, I practically collapsed when the games were announced.

But when they were released, after taking my time to absorb every element of the game, by mid December I was done..and disappointed.

I left the games to sit a couple weeks, restarted, and felt worse than I did. The nostalgia was gone, the games were shit.

I still play Sapphire and Emerald on my GBA player on my GC sometimes.. Man, great games they were.

But ORAS? No thanks. Even worse remakes than FRLG..
>>
>>24995005
>And I liked HGSS because it had a shit ton of stuff to do after you beat the game and the overall atmosphere just felt nice and polished
Hahaha, no. On top of that it's the most boring game of them all. The original GSC isn't, but HGSS somehow manages to.
>>
I didn't pick it up until recently and seriously it wasn't anywhere near as bad as I thought it was going to be with how this board talks about it. You people blow shit way out of proportion. It's nowhere near the worst Pokemon game.
>>
>>24997790
I'm seconding his question, for the sake of science. I too think gen4 were the worst of all.

btw, when did you get acces to this famous battle frontier in hgss ? never found the strength to go past red...
>>
>>24997832
You get it after beating Lance, I thought.

Also Gen IV's frontier is crap outside of the Factory. Emerald's was better, but still not the heaven this board makes it out to be.
>>
>>24997853
strange, I don't remember that... well, I might check one day, thanks.
>>
That's one big pair of tits.
>>
>>24998495
no, those are normal ones in push-up bra, don't let her fool you...
>>
>>24998495
?? They're average
>>
>>24998543
>>24998553
I mean for a Pokémon game, jeez. And yes I know that's a mod.
>>
>>24995233
No because FRLG at least had a bunch of new areas for post game

>>24997790
>>24997832
I told you why right in the fucking post. Read it again.

>>24997814
Hahaha, yes.

Actually having stuff to do after I beat the game isn't boring. It's probably the Pokemon game I played the longest after beating it.
>>
After 1 year and a half far from it, now I picked it up again and OH MY GOD THIS GAME SUCKS SO BAD IT'S NOT EVEN FUNNY. JESUS CHRIST WHAT WERE THEY THINKING
>>
>>24999762
Forgot the /s
>>
File: 1386272924265.jpg (57KB, 350x392px) Image search: [Google]
1386272924265.jpg
57KB, 350x392px
Gen 6 and ORAS were very disappointing to me.

Still HG/SS > FR/LG > RSE >GSC> DPPt > RBY > ORAS > XY
Never finished BW or B2W2.
>>
File: image.jpg (8KB, 124x109px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
8KB, 124x109px
>>24999787
>Gen 1 and Gen 3 higher than Gen 6
>>
Its the first mainline game im not in a hurry to finish. Havent played it in months. I feel, even though it is a kids game, it was really dumbed down for children. Music's alright tho
>>
I got to groudon and lost interest.

I dont see much point in remakes unless the original is outdated like gsc.
3D models could have been nice but they look like shit and the FPS drops kills my immersion.
>>
>>25000000
>>
>>24994964
Absolute shit. Things like DexNav and Secret Bases were fun for a while but soon the novelty was over. Battle Frontier was sacrificed in favor of some deviantart fanfic shit.
>>
File: k.gif (1MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
k.gif
1MB, 640x360px
>>24997398
>No BF
Fair.
>No trainer customization; could've been copypasted
It's a remake. Even though it could've easily included some degree of customization, that's not even a major issue.
>Framerate issues
The 3DS is toaster-tier. Pokemon on its own pushes the hardware to its very limit.
>No GB sounds item
OK.

>No 3D effect outside of battle
Do you want jank-ass 3D and even MORE framerate issues?
>Contests are casualized
They were exactly this bad back in the original Gen 3.
>No way of telling a secret base's team
Nor do you have a way of telling the team of ANYBODY ELSE in the game without looking it up. How is this a problem?

>Casualized
Turn off Exp. Share and it's a bit harder. Sure, gyms are pushovers, though. If you grind to hell and back, that's your thing.
>No rematches
Fair.
>Sky pillar bike bullshit removed
How is this a bad thing, exactly? Everyone I know fucking hated that.

>Granite cave is altered so you're forced to backtrack blah blah blah
Talk about nitpicking.
>Safari zone is pointless
It's that or dwindling encounter table variety everywhere else.

>No Mirage Tower
See Sky Pillar section.
>No Berry Blender
This bums me out as well.
>Game Corner removed
For one, there are legal reasons for this and for two, Voltorb Flip isn't really that great of a substitute.

>Pokemarts and Centers seperated blah blah blah
I don't understand this complaint.
>HMs
Because it's a remake.
>Trick House is smaller
Fair. Kind of trivial since barely anybody cared about it, but fair.

>No auto-run toggle
This has never been an explicit feature. It's not like you can't just bike everywhere anyway.
>Delta Episode was leaked early
You're stupid if you decide to pin the blame on GF for this.
>Every Mega Evolution was unveiled before release
So?

>Mega Salamence
Yeah, okay.
>Contests can't be played online
Not a big deal.
>Cosplay Pikachu makes contests too easy
Just don't use it. That's like complaining that you have the option to pick the Easy difficulty.

(1/3)
>>
>>25004552
>Mega Evolutions aren't used by the majority of trainers
That's a fair bit of a game balance gamble that I don't think Game Freak wants to impose just yet.
>No physical bonus
HGSS is literally the only game that had this, and all it had was the PokeWalker.
>Post-game legendaries require little to no exploration
It's still a remake, although they are pretty shoehorned in.
>TMs in Mirage Spots
There aren't that many Mirage spots, quit bitching.

>DexNav is bad
It's not. Most people I know much prefer DexNav to trading/breeding.
>Wild Pokemon variety is poor
It's not. What are you on about?
>No significant new post-game areas to explore
The whole south sea area is, in a way, a post-game area, and legendary hunts that don't involve Soaring exist. We're all still sore about the BF, yes, but that doesn't make this a seperate point on its own.
>Team M/A are pushovers and the trainer hordes require no skill
1-on-5 with equal-leveled Pokemon would be a pretty big steamroll for the receiving end if they don't have a wide move, and Grunts are annoying enough as they are by volume.
>No Mega Flygon
Stop.

(2/3)
>>
>>25004552
>>25004557
I skipped over the points that deal with inter-generation compatibility because I feel like this part in particular deserves a long-winded rant about it:
Expecting Game Freak to patch the previous game to add items and Pokemon from future games is goddamn asinine and would require a ridiculous amount of proactive planning.
Hindsight is 20/20, yes, but here's the thing:
The 3DS's operating system is fundamentally designed around packages that're easy to install and remove, and it's also designed to not make playing a living hell for people without a manageable internet connection or people that straight up don't have an internet connection for whatever reason.
It's not possible without cassing massive issues left and right, full stop.
Quit your bitching and stop expecting DLC for something like this, it wouldn't work out at this point at all.
I'm not trying to either defend nor demonize GF here, but you can't just throw a bitchfit because things didn't go 1:1 like you wanted them to.
Implying that Generation 6 as a whole is absolutely terrible is downright fucking stupid. You can't compare it to 1-4 (Save for Emerald and HGSS) fairly, and if you genuinely think the previous generations were much better, then odds are you've got some really thick rose-tinted goggles on your face.
Please try to stop being so obnoxiously cynical about the new games, because you're just gonna jump onto the '[previous generation] WAS WAY BETTER THAN THIS GARBAGE, WHAT DID YOU DO WRONG, GAME FREAK' train come the next generation.
>>
I preferred Pokémon X/Y.
>>
>>25004552
>>No trainer customization; could've been copypasted
>It's a remake. Even though it could've easily included some degree of customization, that's not even a major issue.
>>Contests are casualized
>They were exactly this bad back in the original Gen 3.
>>Contests can't be played online
>Not a big deal.
Fuck off.
>>
>>24997463
>lambaste people for calling ORAS bad
>proceed to justify all of their complaints
Thread posts: 74
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.