[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hippopotas and Hippowdon gender diff.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: gender.png (27KB, 234x179px) Image search: [Google]
gender.png
27KB, 234x179px
What was the point of this?
>>
me on the right
>>
sexual dimorphism
>>
>>24974004
But anon people are too fucking stupid to understand basic stuff like that.
>>
File: b22[1].png (1MB, 980x3178px) Image search: [Google]
b22[1].png
1MB, 980x3178px
>>24973958

Gender differences were a new feature in Gen 4, and GF wanted to show it off.

Most of them were really minor though, like female Venusaur having seeds in their flowers, and female Blaziken having shorter hair.

After Gen 4, they stopped doing minor differences like that, and instead saved it for a select few mons with major differfences.
>>
>>24974004
this

It's a shame they stopped doing that after Gen IV (with the exception of Pyroar)
>>
>>24974069
fuck I forgot about Meowstic, Frillish, and Unfezant
>>
>>24974063
its like they dont want you to use the female version in most of them
>>
I thought the female one was a shiny for a long time.
>>
>>24974063
Instead of half assing some they should go the full way. Gave Machoke a bathing suit, take away the moustache on the Abra line.

In particular I'd be cool if male Murkrow and Honchkrow had fedoras, whereas female ones had witches hat.

That would allow both gangster and wtich themes to stay
>>
>>24974069
Because they can't top Wobbuffet's.
>>
>>24974004
True
>>
>>24974063
Man, the sexual dimorphism was so cool. I'm a real nerd for those kinds of things. Wish they hadn't dropped it off by 99% after gen 4....
>>
>fight Beartha's grey Hippowdon
>post e4 on that route with the sandstorms
>run into golden Hippowdon
>!!!!
>its just the male version
What a let down.
>>
>>24974276
Unfortunately it was just 'that mechanic' that had to be axed for no reason.

I miss it too, but I would welcome back seasons a bit sooner (also persistent weather, an overworld snow condition that is not hail, and a rock for of castform)
>>
>Spent hours in my Pokedex in Pt flipping between male and female sprites trying to find any differences
>>
>>24975305
Fucking this
>>
>>24973958
When I saw the first furfrous with diff colors that it was their gender diff.
>gf wont add noticeable diffs to all mons
Did they remove stat diffs of m/f at least from gen2
>>
>>24974063
Does anyone else always spend five minutes looking for the difference?
>>
>>24977311
more like ten minutes 2bh
>>
>>24974063
What are the differences with roselia and roserade?
>>
>>24979426
cape length

at least that one is obvious
>>
>>24974069
they still do it, it's just that they do bigger differences on fewer ones

but yes, i wish they'd have some with tiny differences too
>>
>>24975305
YES

gen5 had it right, in gen5 only the ones that actually were different were counted as different sprites in the dex
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.