[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Reasons why gen V isn't the best nor worst

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (95KB, 384x313px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
95KB, 384x313px
Good things in gen V
>a lot of cool new moves
>good soundtrack
>some cool 'mons
>an attempt at a story
>better optimization

Bad things in gen V
>a very large influx of shitmons
>the game literally hands you the Pokémon you need to dominate
>atrocious graphics
>UI was shit and there's a reason gen VI reverted to a UI that is similar to the gen IV UI
>story was half baked and very meh
>a lot of characters were bland and forgettable

Can we all agree that gen V was mid-tier as a game?
>>
>>24966280
Making a story-based game led to it being linear as hell.
>>
>>24966280
>atrocious graphics

...what?
>>
I don't even like Gen V but I pity the fans who have to put up with retards like you who get so autistic over the fact a lot of people like those games and have to make a thread about how Gen V isn't "great" like every fucking day just to make yourself feel better
>>
>>24966280
Fuck no. Top tier easily.

5 = 3 > 1 >>>>>>>>>>> 6 = 2 > 4
>>
>>24966288
If you were observant the graphics were worse than gen IV. And what I mean is resolution. It's terrible.
>>
>>24966292
>overly defensive person who isn't willing to admit that their favorite gen isn't the best gen detected
>>
>>24966294
Are you playing it on a 3ds and not setting it to the original size?
>>
What's the "best gen" according to you then?
It's 1 or 2 isn't it?
>>
>>24966309
I played it both on a 2DS and a DSi. They both look terrible. All the textures that aren't sprites are blurry af.
>>
>>24966311
I'd say 2 or 4
Gen 1 is terrible because it's lacking everything that every other game has. Most genwunners like gen V anyways
>>
>>24966318
You didn't address the second part of the question, so I'm gonna assume you're a retard.

Hey guys, check out this retard.
>>
>>24966319
>most genwunners like Gen V
Genwunners fucking hate Gen V, it's like the opposite of what Genwunners like
>>
>>24966320
>not setting it to original size
I have no idea how to do that on a 2DS and it's automatically like that on the DSi. No sir, you're the real retard here.
>>
>>24966331
>Doesn't know how to do shit
>Complains about it anyway
>"Y-YOU'RE the retard!!"

k

Keep telling yourself that, retard.
>>
>>24966280
Was this thread really necessary? Why can't you just accept that there are people who like gen 5?
Even if it's not your favourite you guys literally take every chance possible to spazz out about why gen 5 fans shouldn't like gen 5 or some shit.
Didn't like it? Just ignore it. I didn't like XY but you don't see me making threads everyday with reasons you've probably seen a thousand times already.
>>
>>24966280
I feel the lack of follow-thru on a good PETA/Animal Liberation Front team makes it worse for not doing that idea justice.
>>
>>24966280
Bad thing: Forced Farris-Wheel Date
>>
>>24966352
>date
Anon I can already tell you've never been on a date before
If there's any forced romance in any of the games it's the Shauna fireworks thing
>>
File: 1200947504478.jpg (38KB, 326x240px) Image search: [Google]
1200947504478.jpg
38KB, 326x240px
>>24966340
But he played it on the DSi, he doesn't need to resize it there.
Why are you so mad?
>>
>>24966358
That is also awful.
>>
Another pro: Waitress Aurora and Clerk Trisha
>>
>>24966280
I personally hate how many event pokes that became unavailable and had some kind of story bit in the game there were
Also the way the game just goes FUCK YOU and freezes for an eternity whenever you get an encounter in the overworld, or when picking anything in a menu
On the other hand I liked the quicklist and in battle ui/transitions, shame they fucked up the out of battle bottom screen
>>
>>24966368
>event pokes
You can just call them Mythicals.
>>
>>24966280
>a very large influx of shitmons
Gen 2 says hi

Until Gen 5/6 most characters were bland just compare the old Archie/Maxie vs their ORAS versions.
>>
>>24966367
Are you referencing to the fact that Trisha is canonically preggers? Because if so, ayyyyyy
>>
File: image.png (297KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
297KB, 640x640px
>>24966385
>gen 2
>shitmons
Kek m8
>>
>>24966394
The shitmons make up about half the gen.

You only think there aren't any because you forgot about them.
>>
File: kornheiser lel.jpg (19KB, 236x421px) Image search: [Google]
kornheiser lel.jpg
19KB, 236x421px
>>24966394
>gen 2
>not comprised mostly of shitmons
>>
>>24966468
If shitmons make up half of the Johto mons, then shitmons would make up 7/8ths of Unova mons. Oh wait, they do.
>>
>>24966486
>then shitmons would make up 7/8ths of Unova mons. Oh wait, they do.
Name 137 shitmons from Gen 5.
>>
>>24966535
If I wasn't tired, I would
>>
>>24966302
Favorite Gen is either 1 or 2, I was speaking objectively.
>>
You forgot reusable TMs.
>>
>>24966280
>story was half-baked
Literally only thing wrong with it is why the mute protagonist is decided by N to challenge his ideals when plenty of other Pokemon could tell him they want to be with their trainer.

Like who? Definitely not Cheren, Bianca, N or Colress. Also, BW2 had all the good music. BW only had a handful of really good tracks while everything else is average.

>atrocious graphic
Muh grafix? Seriously? I'm not even going to bother with this.

>>24966292
>III and V best
>I higher than II and VI
>IV worst

Wow. Good job, anon.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.