[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there anything besides Chansey/Blissey that can switch into

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 6

Is there anything besides Chansey/Blissey that can switch into this thing and either OHKO back or heal up?
>>
The latis.
>>
Oh, and spdef talonflame as well
>>
>>24950672
Latias.
Tyranitar can switch in on Solarbeam since it changes weather to Sand and makes it take a turn to set up the Solarbeam. If your running Scarf Tyranitar you can outspeed and kill it or proceed to switch to something that resists Solarbeam.
Heatran laughs in Y-Zard's face and OHKO's with Ancient Power.
>>
252 SpA Life Orb Latios Draco Meteor vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mega Charizard Y: 246-290 (82.8 - 97.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 SpA Mega Charizard Y Fire Blast vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Latios in Sun: 144-169 (48.1 - 56.5%) -- 87.5% chance to 2HKO

Latios can't switch in unless Zard misses, and always dies with LO recoil and/or pebbles.

Latias is always 2HKO'd by Timid even with lowest damage rolls if you factor pebbles and LO recoil in.
>>
>>24950761
(same guy) But they'll still deal a fuckton of damage to Zard and leave him easy to RK since it's pretty slow for an offensive mon.
>>
>>24950760
Easy Focus Blast prediction
>>
>>24950786

focus blast doesn't OHKO
>>
>>24950672
Lati@s with Roost
Tyranitar, preferably Scarf, on the non-FocB
Specially defensive Talonflame
Goodra
Flash Fire Chandelure with Pain Split
Dragalge
Mega Charizard X
Heatran, preferably Scarf, on the non-FocB
Bulky Moltres
Specially defensive Hippowdon post-Mega
Politoed post-Mega
Dragonite, preferably bulky
Mega Ampharos
Bulky Mega Altaria
Defensive Noivern or Salamence if you're into that (the typing is important basically)
Restalk Bulky Gyarados
Aerodactyl
Sap Sipper Azumarill
>>
>>24950800
It OHKOs Tyranitar and 2HKOs Heatran
>>
>>24950815
Also pro-tip:

Mega Altaria is the best counter to Charizard before you even know which Mega it is.
>>
>>24950815
mega amp is a post-mega switch as well because it's dead meat if charizard turns into X
>>
>>24950877
You misunderstand what I mean by post-Mega. We've already deduced it's Y, but post-Mega is so that it doesn't get advantage of setting up the Sun ~after~ you switch in your Sand/Rain setter.
>>
>>24950893
oh fair enough
>>
>>24950761

He asked whether it could either take multiple hitd or heal a hit off, and latias at least can take a hit and continuously roost it off.
>>
>Lati@s with Roost
Only defensive Latias doesnt get 2HKoed. Struggles to OHKO back.
>Tyranitar, preferably Scarf, on the non-FocB
Yes. Preferably on Solar Beam.
>Goodra
Yes. But lacks recovery and cant OHKO back.
>Flash Fire Chandelure with Pain Split
Good luck using that in OU.
>Dragalge
Get 2HKOed by Fire Blast after SR.
>Mega Charizard X
Yes with Roost, but kek.
>Heatran, preferably Scarf, on the non-FocB
And lock yourself on fvcking Stone Edge?
>Bulky Moltres
Good luck using that in OU.
>Specially defensive Hippowdon post-Mega
Kinda.
>Politoed post-Mega
Yes, but you have to adjust your whole team to that.
>Dragonite, preferably bulky
Yes.
>Mega Ampharos
Good luck using that in OU. Good luck on the first switch-in, when it gets reduced to 10% after SR + non-resisted Fire Blast.
>>24950815
>Bulky Mega Altaria
Yes.
>Defensive Noivern
kek
>Defensive Salamence
Please dont do that too much
>Resttalk Bulky Gyarados
Not so effective in the sun in OU.
>Aerodactyl
Takes 70% on the switch-in after Stealth Rock.
>Sap Sipper Azumarill
The threat is not Solar Beam, it is Fire Blast, even when resisted.
>>
>>24951022
You didn't need to validate every single one. I wouldn't have mentioned any that didn't fit the bill -- I know they all satisfy what OP asked for.
>>
>>24951022
Holy shit what a tryhard. I bet you're stuck in the 1200s.
>>
>>24951212
>stuck in the 1200s.
kek
>>
File: untitled.jpg (10KB, 297x113px) Image search: [Google]
untitled.jpg
10KB, 297x113px
>>24950760
>Heatran laughs in Y-Zard's face and OHKO's with Ancient Power.

I'm Timid though.
>>
File: altaria_by_ouroporos-d4xb9gl.png (621KB, 600x848px) Image search: [Google]
altaria_by_ouroporos-d4xb9gl.png
621KB, 600x848px
>>24950672
Well, there's always best counter.
>>
>>24950672
>Chansey/Blissey
>OHKO

Choose one.

Besides, Focusmiss is still gonna do a crapload of Damage.
>>
>>24953081
You're as dumb as a sack of bricks.
>>
>>24953111
>>24953081
Trips confirms. Sorry man.
>>
>>24950672
I normally use Rotom-W to bait out Solar Beam, then switch into ScarfTar to trap him into the charging stage. then OHKO from there with Rock Slide.
>>
>>24953111
>>24953121
Oh sheeeeeeeeet
252 SpA Mega Charizard Y Focus Blast vs. 4 HP / 252 SpD Eviolite Chansey: 156-184 (24.2 - 28.6%) -- 98.6% chance to 4HKO
Damn, I fucked up.
>>
>>24950672
Slowbro?
>>
>>24953222
Solarbeam
>>
>>24953222
Solarbeam.
>>
>>24953230
Fair 'nuff, granted who the fuck even runs slowbro?
>>
>>24953268
It's OU so quite a few people.
>>
>>24953268
>who the fuck even runs a OU pokémon?
>>
>>24953288
>>24953299
Wait really? figured people would run some of the better bulky pokemon.

Also are you samefag?
>>
>>24953353
Yes.
>>
Scarf Golduck.
>inb4 Good luck using that in OU.
>>
>>24953081
He said ohko or heal up remedial reader
>>
File: garchomp_face.png (62KB, 219x227px) Image search: [Google]
garchomp_face.png
62KB, 219x227px
Why whould you ever want to use that shit, play ninetales insted of that. it has the same effect without the problem of loosing half of his life by a rock
>>
>>24951022
Did you take you're medication today?
>>
>>24954306
Mega Charizard Y outdamages Specs Ninetales, and actually gets kills on things. For example, Char-Y's Sun-boosted Fire Blast OHKOs standard Lando-T.

Char-Y is one of the most dangerous Pokemon in the game, especially since Fairy and Steel easily push out the Dragons that would try to fight back. People fail to see its power the same way they failed to see Lando-I's power at first. The opportunity cost was Lando-T, which was very useful. Char-X is very useful in the same way. If weather were permanent, I could make an argument for Y being bannable. As it stands now, it's still annoying to have to account for during team-building, but at least it does have switch-ins.
>>
File: image.jpg (34KB, 820x95px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34KB, 820x95px
>>24952583
N.F.
>>
>>24953442
Good luck using that in NU.
>>
>>24954470
>Implying your M-Charizard-Y is gonna be faster than a land-t and you gonna surive that rock slide
>>
>>24954686
People switch in Lando-T on Charizard all the time expecting it to be X, and get downed by a Fire Blast. Plus, Scarf Lando-T is falling out of favor while double dance and physically defensive are going up, while Char-Y doesn't give a shit as long as it has no SpDef investment.
>>
Diancie maybe?
>>
>>24954852
I use AV lando to fuck shit up, though I play Doubles.
>>
bumparoo
>>
>>24954686

Charizard has higher base speed than Lando-T you nigger. Also means Lando can't safely switch into it.
>>
>>24953353

>better

Slowbro is one of the best physical walls/pivots in the game.
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.