[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gen 1 move animation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

File: gen1battle.png (3KB, 160x144px) Image search: [Google]
gen1battle.png
3KB, 160x144px
What was/is the coolest gen 1 attack animation?
Fire Blast and Surf are major contenders, but Thunder was/is my favorite.
>>
Hyper beam
>>
>>24948709
I've always been fond of Rock Slide, but more because of the sound it makes.

Any beam attack is visually pleasing.
>>
File: Bubblebeam.webm (254KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Bubblebeam.webm
254KB, 640x480px
>>24948709
I love Bubble Beam, if only because of how dramatic it was for what basically amounts to an early game water move that's more or less just shooting bubbles at the opponent really hard.

>>24948803
If we're talking about sounds, I was always a sucker for the old sing sound.
https://youtu.be/MnTJFRW-SVA?t=2m2s
>>
>>24948876
the sound bubble beam makes is mad
>>
blizzard was also cool with that falling hail
>>
>>24948876
Hyper Beam. It's got to be Hyper Beam when it comes to best Gen I attack sound.
>>
Razor Leaf is pretty high up on the coolometer.
>>
>>24948709
Gen two had some of my favorite move animations. Hyper bean, Psybeam, Night Shade, and any of the other moves that would turn the screen dark during the move animation were some of my favorite, along with the nostalgic Gameboy sound effects to the move. Not to say move animations have gotten worse over time. In gens 3 and 4, they got pretty lame, but gen 6 had outstanding ones like Retaliate, Brave Bird, and Dragon Accent
>>
>>24949336
>Dragon Accent
>>
>>24949336
gen 3 had the smoothest animations
>>
noone posts flamethrower. one ember then 2 then 3 embers
>>
File: 1447804116906.png (53KB, 219x280px) Image search: [Google]
1447804116906.png
53KB, 219x280px
>>24949336
>Dragon Accent
>>
>>24948709
Psychic has nice wave lines effects as well as a pleasant sound. Gen 1 has the best animation of it.
I personally love the sound Ice Beam, Surf and Hydro Pump make as well.
>>24948803
>slot machine sounds
>>
>>24948709
Gen 3 Thunder or bust.
>>
>>24948709
I think I agree with Thunder being number one. Ice Beam gets a close second though.
>>
Tri-Attack
>>
>>24951201
You have to be 18 to post here.
>>
>>24952099
So much.
Tri Attack
Hydropump/Surf
Thunder
Fireblast
Bubble Beam
Hyperbeam
Psychic
They're all so wonderful.
>>
>Playing with move animations on
>All that wasted time
>>
>>24953391
Why are you even in this thread?
>>
>>24949336
>Hyper bean
AYY
>>
I always loved razor leaf.
>>
Really??? No one's mentioned Dream Eater yet. Really. That shit was tiggety tight senpaitachi and you better fucking recognize or I'll put a jihad on you
>>
>>24953391
>Kickass animations are wasted time
>>24953667
Another really good one
>>24953992
You don't see it much in game.
Who can use it, other than Gastly line?
I wanted my Drowzee to learn it since the guy who gives it to you mentions Dowzee by name, but it's not compatible.
>>
>>24948709
For some reason I loved the sound and screen effect for Dream Eater
>>
>>24954099
Still a dope move though. Drowzee really can't learn via TM?
>>24954650
Mah nigga.
>>
>>24954794
Bulbapedia says it can, but mine wouldn't let me. I guess Hypno, Gastly line, and Mew are the only gen 1 pokemon to get it.
>>
I liked Psychic because it made the text box all wavy.

In Pokémon Stadium (That also counts as gen-1, right?), I really loved Night Shade. The little "Ping" at the end sounded so damn cool.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.