[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Yeah, I'd say the Smogonfags are fucking retarded.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

File: image.jpg (55KB, 510x383px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
55KB, 510x383px
Yeah, I'd say the Smogonfags are fucking retarded.
>>
>>24946710
>>
File: KCaW5A.gif (3MB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
KCaW5A.gif
3MB, 400x300px
>>24946793
don't mind me, just posting superior frog meme
>>
>>24946710
Been saying this for years.
>>
>>24946710
i bet you just lost a battle because you had no spinner
>>
>>
>>24946836
>"TIMMY, DID YOU FINISH YOUR REPORT ON IRELAND?"
>"OMGON BANS SWAGGE"
>"I'M AFRAID I HAVE TO FAIL YOU AGAIN."
>>
Confusion is a random status effect.
Stealth rock is a skill-based move.
>>
>>24946710
>OMGON BANS SWAGGE
>>
>>24946710
Stealth rocks can be played around ad adds new dimensions of skill. Every competitive players wants success to be based on skill.
Swagger is RNG bullshit. No competitive players wants the game based on luck.
>>
>>24948777

I call bullshit. Luck is part of pretty much every game, like it or not. Removing unpredictable events only turns a game into a series of "what causes the most dps" calculations, and eventually everyone will run the same max dps builds and turn it into a glorified tic-tac-toe.
>>
>>24949288
There is a difference between calculated risk and making the game a coin flip.
>>
Stealth rocks prevents endless Pokemon switching
>>
>>24949294

And what sort of calculated risk is still left when there are objectively higher damage output moves and strategies than others? Serious question.
>>
>>24948777
Swagger is just a more commonly available versio of Confuse ray, but it also gives the oponent a swords dance.

IF your physical attacker get's swaggered you still have 50% of atacking, same with confuse ray, the only diffrence is that if you land your attack, the enemy pokemon will be blown up
>>
You didn't think swagger should have been banned, fine. But don't go around saying dumb sht like stealth rock is more of a problem. Then you just look autistic.
>>
>>24947312
ban confuse ray
ban the move confusion
ban thundershock
ban flamethrower
ban poison jab
ban spore
>>
>ban some rng bullshit
>don't remove crits and all the other rng bullshit
hilarious
>>
I fucking hate Omgon, who do they think they are
>>
>>24949288
Just calling it blind luck is pushing it too far, especially when things like Own Tempo and Lum berry exist, which not only negate Swagger effects, but give a free Attack boost on the deal

>inb4 they are not viable
they are viable if they accomplish a purpose, same as the evasion fuss when most mons get some form of "Always hit" move, that's why most Smogon balancing is bullshit
>>
>>24949818
meant to quote Mr. Trips >>24948777
>>
>>24949818
>most mons get some form of "Always hit" move
If only more of them were like aura sphere instead of complete shit
>>
File: 1449985135896.png (174KB, 800x714px) Image search: [Google]
1449985135896.png
174KB, 800x714px
>>24949659
This just shows how little of an understanding you have of why Swagger is banned.

It's the attack boost combined with confusion that makes it so sacky. Use it on a good physical sweeper and you're literally running the game on a coin flip. Also

>ban spore
Spore is actually reliable. The fuck is wrong with you?
>>
>>24946710
Banning Swagger was totes uncool

How am I supposed to use my favorite shitmons like Liepard effectively now?

Kind of glad I stopped playing competitively when gen 5 ended
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.