[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My friend would like to start playing Pokemon competitively.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: 1449641209509.png (50KB, 226x217px) Image search: [Google]
1449641209509.png
50KB, 226x217px
My friend would like to start playing Pokemon competitively. Would /vp/ have any recommendations for good and not cancerous youtube streamers or tutorials which can help him get started in learning. I feel that I can only teach him by example, and with the game having so many different combinations and things to remember, it's frustrating trying to explain all of them one by one.
>>
>>24945714
Verlisify.
>>
>>24945714
you can just play random battles on shopdown. It'll teach him the general sets that most pokemon use and give him general battle experience.
>>
Stop him before it's too late.
>>
CybertronVGC
PokeaimMD
The only two good ones for this.

>>24945737
>implying random battles sets aren't usually pants on head retarded
>>
Verlisify for youtube. smogon.com and pokemondb.net are also great resources.
>>
>>24945714
Try Pyrotoz. Nice guy, on pyrotoz.com you can find some pre-built teams (although some of them are quite gimmicky). Also, he can play the game.
Bonus points for not being a furry like Verlis.
>>
>>24945723
>>24947233
I say that I'm against this guy, but I will not be rude. He made guides for beginners based from actual facts on websites. What I dislike about him and his reputation is his bashing from Smogon and ranting from one ban from one pokemon. His pokemon sets also S-UUCK, I will not stand here and let any new pokemon player fall for his shit. That's my other problem with this guy.
>>24948169
He is a good player on showdown and he made actual content via streams. His pokemon sets albeit gimmicky, they actually work well. He was here on gen 5 and today, he is still skilled on playing competitive pokemon. Good guy, mature, and a good player. I don't like him because of his use of cancer memes.
If you want the most gimmick motherfucker playing pokemon, try Foofootoo. His sets and strats are fucking horrendous that he won with having that.
>>
>>24948298
Also Foofoo and Pyrotoz are good friends.
>>
>>24945723
shenannigans
>>
>>24945714
Etika is cool, i learned a lot from him when i was starting plus hes funny... i like watching pimpnite cause you learn a lot of moves and shit you wouldnt know by reading guides...also he teaches a lot of prediction
>>
>>24948476
Just be sure you don't take Pimpnites sets not too serious. Some of them can work, but most of them are just gimmicky stuff that will fail you most of the time, like special Tyrantrum, or physical banded Vaporeon. But he's fun to watch.
>>
>>24945714
>non-cancerous

>Youtube

Pick one
>>
File: nofunallowed.jpg (30KB, 533x539px) Image search: [Google]
nofunallowed.jpg
30KB, 533x539px
>>24948779
Just stop watching Verlisify.
>>
>>24948525
Lol yeah i forgot bout the warning. That special tyrantrum man lol
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.