[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Imagine Gen 7 pulls a Gen 3 on us and you can't transfer

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

Imagine Gen 7 pulls a Gen 3 on us and you can't transfer any Pokemon from the previous generations on to your game.

Gamefreak's official excuse is that they're rebooting the series in order to create a balanced game. And in order to do this, they'll mess with the movepool, stats and abilities of every Pokemon.

How would you react? Would you be furious at the thought of not being able to transfer your bros over? Would you not care because you'd probably be able to inject them in anyway? Would you like the promise of a semi-balanced meta?
>>
I wouldn't care because I usually don't transfer anything but events.

As long as I can complete my pokédex in the current gen, I'm good. A fresh start is always the best.
>>
>>24595156
So did you like Gen 3, anon?
>>
>>24595209
Still my second favorite, yes.

I never liked transferring my mons up, especially since I still play the older games.
Maybe if I knew beforehand the my battery would die out, I would've been more concerned, but what's done is done.
>>
>>24595149
there is no such thing as "bros"
people would be mad bec ause you would have to hack your mons again

honestly, not transfering mons is such a cool and fresh concept, like pre-pokebank xy, shit was fucking beautiful, nothing will ever compare to the feeling of pure mons, people actually breeded and trained all of their mons because there wasw no such thing as hacking
>>
I got maison ribbons for my bros but if that means they will be more viable im gen 7 then by all means sure
>>
There's little reason to do that, unless they rework how abilities and stats work, along with IVs and EVs, which is why you couldn't 1/2 to 3.
>>
>>24595149
There is no way they would do this after PokeBank.

The meta will never be balanced as long as 1) it encourages the use of Pokemon that need to be soft reset to be usable or 2) IVs cannot be changed through means other than breeding.
>>
>>24595482
How about implementing super training for IVs? But there's a catch, each Pokemon can only have 4 maxed out IVs.
>>
>>24595149
I don't care abandoning my "bros" if it means they'll be actually useful next gen.

The powercreep made 90% of all pokemon completely useless and weak, we have things like Articuno, not allowed in GS UU, being useless in gen 6 NU. I won't even begin talking about the pants on head retarded idea that was making megas stronger than even box legends.

Enough. I want to have fun, and pokemon isn't right now.
>>
I think it would be really cool especially if all 7 generations of Pokemon could be caught in that one game. I can't ever see the competitive meta being balanced though and this seems really unlikely after Pokebank but it does seem like a fun idea.
>>
>>24595482
What? The meta will never be balanced because GF refuses to balance it. All those 580+ BST legends with movepool stretching the horizon are centralizing as hell, the power gap is just too big.

Honestly I'm amazed GF STILL didn't do anything about it, such obvious flaw. If you want to make legends stronger then they have to be one-trick poneys with no almost no moves like gen 1.
>>
>>24595957
Not now, not now that megas exist.

GF also refuses to balance the gen 1 megas for some reason. Mewtwo got shit megas and the bird trio is garbage except Zapdos, who isn't even that good anymore.
>>
>>24595482
>it encourages the use of Pokemon that need to be soft reset to be usable
If those pokemon need to be reset for then its not exactly encouraging it's use is it you idiot.
>>
I'd treat them as two different series, I'd still try and get all of them and X and play it from time to time, then start a whole new set of bros this gen.
>>
>>24596008
K, don't use Thundurus, Heatran, Cresselia, or Landorus and see how far you get.
>>
Lmao smogon fags expecting balance in a game meant for kids and that's main theme is collection and adventure.

You wonder why people call you dumbasses cancer?
>>
>>24598745
> A game with an official metagame tournament
> A game that with each gen makes competitive easier to get into

Go away, every game needs balance, be it for kids or not.
>>
File: skitty.jpg (72KB, 500x303px) Image search: [Google]
skitty.jpg
72KB, 500x303px
If it really did balance the game so that my favorite weakmons would be more fun to use, then it would be a fair deal.
>>
>>24598811
>game
>NEEDS anything
Yeah you just want it bud. Fine by me, though. You'll never get it so keep crying in every thread :^)
>>
>>24595489
You lost me at super training.
>>
>>24595149
Well, that's pretty much what s whole lotta fags on /vp/ want. No IVs, no EVs, no special attacks through breeding, and most important: Every shitmon should be able to compete with what is todays top OU-Threats, on the basis of "b-but muh bruh!"
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.