[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Now that the dist has settled, can we admit these games were

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 6

File: image.jpg (19KB, 200x135px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
19KB, 200x135px
Now that the dist has settled, can we admit these games were the pinnacle of Pokemon?
>>
I'm playing Omega Ruby right now, I think it is a nice remake of the original Ruby, and I've bought alpha sapphire for my gf that never played the original sapphire. This remakes are better for these kind of people, they never experienced Hoenn so it's cool, but for we that already played the shit out of that region is just a cool walk in nostalgia and nothing more.
Heart Gold/Soul Silver were better remakes since they added a lot of things, here we just have the same game in better graphics. And without things that were present back then.
WOW.
>>
pinnacle of ass
>>
File: image.jpg (35KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
35KB, 500x500px
>>
I'm still mad that they left out Emerald. Very mad.
>>
>>24586635
I'm mad they left out gen 1, 2, 4, 5 and 6 pokemon.
>>
>>24586653
they didnt even do that
>>
>>24586473
>pinnacle
they were good, but im not too sure if they were the pinnacle

but good thing they arent overrated as fuck like HGSS
>>
>>24586671
>ORAS
>good
>HGSS
>overrated
oh shit made me bite
>>
Naw, just wait until next gen when these along with X/Y will be hailed as underrated classics. Same thing happened this gen with gen 5, it's fucking everyone's favorite now
>>
>>24586679

This.

Black/White as fucking bashed to hell and back.

Now they are everyone's favorites.

Why the hell can't you people just judge stuff for what it is
>>
>>24586675
>HGSS
>not overrated
i dont get why people overhype this shit so much.. its a good game, but not as good as most people say

Kanto was a good postgame, but Johto was the worst and shortest Maingame of all time, which kinda makes up for that
>>
>>24586473
Now that the dust has settled, can we agree that the "now that the dust has settled" meme is the shittiest thing ever
>>
>>24586687
they overhype it because muh following pokemon, while it was a very nice and fun addition, without it, HGSS would be shit
>>
File: adventures johto e4.png (194KB, 523x636px) Image search: [Google]
adventures johto e4.png
194KB, 523x636px
>>24586473
They aren't. Between the Emerald content they left out and the RS content they left out/dumbed down, they aren't even the pinnacle of Hoenn.

It's a common answer, I know, but HGSS is the pinnacle in my eyes. It has most of the big improvements to Pokémon battle engine-wise, it kept pretty much everything from HGSS, kept almost ALL the Crystal content, patched up Kanto to include the majority of cut locations, and then added new features on top of that like the Pokéathlon. So much shit to do, and it had (relatively limited) online functionality too.
>>
>>24586725
crystal content such as?
just a fag following suicune, with emerald you have a complete different story in which both evil teams are involved and you have to wake up rayquaza instead
>>
>>24586778
>with emerald you have a complete different story in which both evil teams are involved
completely stupid story as well
>>
File: List of Crystal Additions.png (333KB, 1144x825px) Image search: [Google]
List of Crystal Additions.png
333KB, 1144x825px
>>24586778
See pic.

And Emerald added content other than the story changes. I don't have a fancy list for it, but some things off the top of my head include

>double battles with more than two Pokémon on the opponent's team
>Mirage Tower
>Battle Tents
>expanded Safari Zone
>Trainer Hill

As well as the entirety of the Battle Frontier.

There were also a ton of little things added to Emerald that are technically in the remake just because they've been in every game since Emerald, like the Everstone passing down Natures in breeding and some abilities like Flame Body having overworld effects.
>>
>>24586822
>There were also a ton of little things added to Emerald that are technically in the remake just because they've been in every game since Emerald

same can be said about the image

>pokemon all given animations
carried over emerald/platinum
>sneasel and unown w
carried over platinum
>trainers battled over night
carried from dppt
>battle frontier
carried over from platinum
>poke seer
useless since you can now watch where you caught your pokemon and at which level
>move tutors
carried from emerald/platinum
>female player
has been a thing since crystal, not an unique feature, besides they put Lyra, not Kris

which only leaves us with crystal features such as:

the aesthetic changes
the beasts themes
>buena's password
kurt making multiple balls
suicune and eusine
and the espeed dratini
>>
>>24586897
That is true, a lot of the features were given, but if you strip away those features from Emerald when comparing it to ORAS you see a lot more stuff that isn't there.

And then that doesn't even take into consideration shit that didn't make it from RS like the Safari Zone.
>>
>>24586910
my point was saying emerald had more content than crystal/hgss, i NEVER mentioned ORAS in my post
>>
>>24586917
Oh.

Well if you were just calling Emerald a better third version than Crystal I agree, it added a lot more cool stuff. Sorry for being argumentative.
>>
>>24586927
yeah, that is what i was trying to say
>>
>>24586822
>female character
Appears in every game since crystal hurr durr

>move tutors
Doesnt count if its just copypasting the ones from Platinum. ORAS added them from XY, which had exactly none. And when Z comes out, you bet your sweet bippy it'll probably not have any new tutors that ORAS doesnt either, because those are a generational thing and occur only at the end of the gen.
>>
>>24586473
no, but they're not the trough either
>>
>>24586910
Safari Zone didnt make it into HGSS either, they changed it completely. From whatever sinnoh had, from what hoenn had, from what kanto had in FRLG and the originals...

They change Safari all the time, they wanted to try it a different route this time
>>
>>24586931
>Z

Nice meme.
>>
>>24586931
>ORAS move tutors
literally BW2 move tutor moves
>>
>>24586939
Safari Zone wasn't in GSC at all, though.
>>
>>24586663
Yes they did. There´s no reason to pick ORAS if it has less mon variety than RSE. You can at least speed-up RSE
>>
>>24587597
I don't like ORAS but it has the same regional Dex as RSE (with added cross-gen evolutions). Emerald got some more Pokémon after postgame but so does ORAS, and by a lot more.
>>
>>24586473
>dist
Fuck you
>>
>>24587614
>after postgame
literally irrelevant though, yes there's a Zorua at route 1 but if you can't use it what's the point?
>>
>>24587597
>more moves
>physical/special split
>>
I thought ORAS made Hoenn more bearable. I would play through that shit again.
>>
>>24587655
Those are just "different", not "better". I prefer gen 3 moves over this powercreep shit.
>>
>>24587655
You could always play a hack of Hoenn that adds those things, at least. I should note I'm not the guy you're replying to, just so you don't think he's moving the goalposts.
>>
>>24587655
Then you might as-well just play battle simulator. I don't disagree. but RSE is still the better choice despite the lack of certain things that can be added in as >>>24587721
said.
>>
White 2 was the perfect pokemon formula.

Post game dungeon,

a mixed batch of new and old pokemon throughout your adventure.

cool new legendary trio.

the only gay thing is the unova link.

seriously how am I supposed to get registeel?!
>>
>>24587888
just inject it :^)

nice digits btw
>>
>>24586473
They were a slightlty better version of the worst set of Pokemon games.
So they did their job right.
>>
>>24587888
god no white 2 was fucking bullshit
you have no freedom at fucking all

>want to go to castelia
>do this bullshit cinema shit first
>cant go to route 4 or most places because retarded excuses like hurr durr some day we will stop dancing or the roggenrola guy or the janitor on the marine tube or the bridge to route 15
fucking retarded
>>
>>24587917
>complaining about railroading in pokemon
>>
>>24587954
most regions until gen 4 didn't had that bullshit
>>
>>24587959
Instead you'd get blocked by trees, rocks and random pokemon.
>>
>>24587964
i rather have that than HURR DURR WE ARE LE DANCE GROUP LEL SO RANDOM, MY ROGGENROLAS ONLY FIGHT TOUGHT GUYS SO I WONT LET U PASS HUEHUEHUE
>>
File: 1420750955443.png (116KB, 310x320px) Image search: [Google]
1420750955443.png
116KB, 310x320px
>>24586473

Being honest I still salty how they casualizated pokemon contests and how you cant play contests online with your friends

Even removing the BF , I think theres not excuse to no put the emerald gym leaders team in the game
>>
>>24587972
I have to agree here, Dancing for No Reason was dumb, but BW2 at least wasn't as bad as XY in terms of railroading. Dancing for No Reason made me roll my eyes, but a Team Flare grunt telling me "come back here when you have four badges" seemed like an insult.
>>
I got omega ruby so I can drink the hoenn deniers tears.
>>
>>24588285
Gaylord
>>
>Too much water
>From the tears of haters
>>
>>24586473
I liked it, a lot. At least it shat all over XY.
>>
>>24591566
>>
>>24587597
that's just completely wrong
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.