[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>There are people on this board who genuinely think that Kanto

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 5

File: firered-leafgreen.jpg (85KB, 470x235px) Image search: [Google]
firered-leafgreen.jpg
85KB, 470x235px
>There are people on this board who genuinely think that Kanto games aren't the next remakes.

Stay mad.

I said next REMAKES, not next GAMES
>>
>>24586056
Nope. ORAS were the last remakes. Nothing can top them. Besides you already had remakes degenerate
>>
>>>/vp/rules/4
>>
>>24586056
Sinnoh is next whether you like it or not
>>
>>24586066
>genwars
>thread has nothing to do with genwars
>>
>>24586078
It will, eventually.
>>
>>24586067
FRLG are older games. They're obviously the next remakes. They HAVE to do re-remakes eventually.
>>
>>24586097
Why?
>>
>>24586097
But the value add of mega evolving the starters has already been taken away from gen 1.
>>
>>24586102
> M-Venusaur and M-Blastoise retconned to M-Venusaur Y and M-Blastoise Y
> Add M-Venusaur X and M-Blastoise X
> Add another M-Charizard
>>
Also we aren't done revealing that every orb ever was a mega stone all along.
Have to add Primal Dialga, Primal Palkia and Mega Origin Forme Giratina
>>
>>24586097
Seems you missed what GF did in XY. They bring back Kanto nostalgia without actually doing re-remakes (which would be ridiculous) and they succeed. The games sold amazingly
>>
>>24586095
then mods will delete those posts and not whole thread moron
kill yourself
>>
>>24586119
You first. Lead by example.
>>
>>24586056

>implying that's not exactly what I want

Who wouldn't want Kanto and (hopefully) Sevii Islands in 3D, with online features?
>>
>>24586056
Kanto is not being remade any time in the next decade. Get over it. XY had all the Kantomon anyone could want, and FR/LG mons are still transferable to 6th gen. A remake of gen I at this point would sell horribly. If anything they may just do another sequel set in Kanto (like gen II/HGSS revisited the region), but I doubt Kanto would be the main region.
>>
>>24586384
The 3D graphics were shit in gen VI. So many lifeless pokemon animations... Plus the modular, blocky look of pokemon overworlds does not work in 3D. Bring back sprites pls.
>>
>>24586408

>A remake of gen I at this point would sell horribly

Are you kidding me? ORAS sold like hot cakes and there was really no reason for them to be made other than fanservice.

There's a whole new generation of kids and young teens who never experienced gen 1 in any way. To them gen 1 remakes would be like whole new games.

/vp/ thinks for some reason that all Nintendo should care about is catering to the adult fan base.
>>
>>24586408
>FR/LG mons are still transferable to 6th gen.
So were RS mons but that didnt stop them
>Sell horribly
ORAS sold horribly and Nintendo still allowed it to exist
>>
>>24586421
/vp/ thinks remakes are made because of Pokémon availability.
>>
>>24586424

>ORAS sold horribly

Except they didn't. ORAS had more first-year sales than X/Y. They are on track to outsell XY in general within a couple years, maybe shorter (you have to take into consideration that XY have been out a whole year longer).
>>
>>24586424
>ORAS sold horribly and Nintendo still allowed it to exist

Nearly 11 milion copies in 11 months.

Are you retarded?
>>
>>24586056
We already had the Kanto remakes this gen
>>
>>24586433
Everyone knows they're made to introduce new forms that force you to buy them in order to remain competitive.
Hence no compatability patches for previous versions.
>>
Someone post the tweet of Masuda of him saying that 4 remakes will be made in the future.
>>
>>24586513
*Gen 4
>>
>>24586421
Well, before ORAS, you couldn't play any Hoenn games on the 3DS. So it's silly to say that remakes weren't necessary. Fans wanted them, the games were 12 years old, it was time. The only reason people don't like ORAS is because of muh Frontier, which I never cared for anyways.

The only region you can't play on 3DS now is Kanto. Not talking about HGSS Kanto, we're talking about FRLG Kanto with Cinnabar still intact and all that shit.
>>
>>24586736
>you can't play on old game on a modern console so it HAS to be remade

What the fuck kind of logic is that?
>>
>>24586744
How the f*ck am I supposed to play the games otherwise? I wasn't even born when GBA came out.
>>
>>24586867
So i assume when we'll jump to NX then GF will have to release sinnoh, jojto and Unova remakes all in one generation right?
>>
>>24586421
>sold like hot cakes

No it didn't. It sold like shit at maybe 10 million copies. That's the worst selling duo since B2W2 (which were never going to sell amazingly due to being too similar sounding to their predecessors and being released on a dying handheld). Just about every pokemon generation since gen II has been garnering less and less sales, and it's because they keep either dumbing the games down or making pointless remakes.

Kids are an increasingly irrelevant market anyway (birthrates have been falling every year since the 1960s, especially in Japan). If they don't start making the games appeal to EVERYBODY like they used to, sales will continue to fall until the series dies. I can't believe /vp/ will defend this endless stream of remakes and rehashes as anything other than proof of Gamefreak's/Nintendo's mediocrity.
>>
In the black and white remakes they'll reveal Ghetsis' hidden arm is embedded with 6 keystones allowing him to mega evolve every Pokemon he uses in his boss battle.
>>
>>24586959

but will it still lag on the Nova 4DS XLL?
>>
>>24586940
>10 million copies
>sold like shit

Nice meme. It's not far from HG/SS and FR/LG sales and they've been out for way longer.
>>
>>24586119
>implying the mods do their job right away
>>
>>24584433
Point proven for you OP
>>
>>24586413
High quality sprites would take far too long to make and people would cry about "bad graphics" because 3d > 2d no exceptions, according to the uninformed (who make up a very large portion of the consumer base)
We're going to be stuck with the current 3d models and lifeless anims for a while
>>
>>24586940
>No it didn't. It sold like shit at maybe 10 million copies

And this, ladies and gentleman, is a retard.
>>
>>24586056
Personally I don't mind. I really love Kanto, feels like home. I just hope that they manage to make the region, towns and routes a bit bigger, and maybe make the inside of houses feel like there's actually someone living in them.
Maybe add something to Sevii Isles to make them more fleshed out. Give us a bit more to do post game.
Also, make it so that the NPCs aren't always talking about how great or amazing Pokemon are. I want interesting dialogue.
I also don't want it on the X and Y engine. I'm fairly tired of it.
>>
>>24587444
The X and Y engine is completely broken. They need to go back to the drawing board entirely. No game should ever lag in offline play on the only system it was developed for.
>>
>>24587535
I agree. Framerate drops were a bit silly. I believe that if you have a New 3DS then it should trigger the flag needed for it to run better. I probably worded that like shit. But games like MGS3 that ran like shit before run real well on it if you change the megahertz or whatever to a higher number. I don't know why they wouldn't have the Pokemon games trigger that flag.
>>
>>24586940

>Kids are an increasingly irrelevant market anyway

Holy shit please be b8

The whole reason the games are so casualized now is because today's generation of kids are stupid as fuck, raised by technology.

Masuda even implied it in an interview.
>>
>>24586056
They've remade Kanto
They've remade Johto
They've remade Hoenn
Hmmmm I wonder what's next
>>
>>24587806
The average gamer is a guy in his thirties. Kids are a shrinking slice of the demographic pie in aging developed societies (read: places where people can afford to buy games), and the few kids there are prefer iOS games and casualshit anyway. So no, it isn't "b8". They can either make these games appeal to a broader demographic, or they can be content to watch sales decline with each new Pokemon game.

That isn't to say they need to kill off characters, put blood in trainer battles, use hyper-realistic graphics, etc. They can do what they did in gen BW by giving veteran players a novel experience beyond what is expected from a pokemon games, or giving the protagonists and villains realistic or relatable motivations. Also, NOT getting rid of cool features veteran players remember and like from older games would go a long way (eg. pokemon that follow you, the game corner, the battle frontier, etc.).

My point is that whether they like it or not, people who have been with the series since RBY are a sizable portion of the playerbase, and they would be releasing a third remake at their own peril.
>>
>>24586867
MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODS
>>
>>24588106

>The average gamer is a guy in his thirties

How can you believe this? The average gamer is between 13-30. I'm a gamer and I'm 21 and I started playing video games consistently when I was six. All of my friends who game are in their early-mid 20s or younger.

>watch sales decline with each new Pokemon game.

Pokemon is still selling great, even if there's a decline by a million or two Nintendo is not gonna give a fuck because they are still making an assload of money. Unless pokemon game sales get cut in half or something, they are not gonna be concerned.
>>
>>24586056
But they already remade Kanto. You even posted the image of the remakes.
>>
>>24586061
/thread
>>
>>24586867
underage b&

fuck off
>>
I'd be salty if they never make Sinnoh remakes.
>>
File: Repulsive.png (2KB, 500x171px) Image search: [Google]
Repulsive.png
2KB, 500x171px
>Wanting a remake of a remake in a game series that's already extremely formulaic.
>>
>>24591723
>posting tumblrtard game pics
>>
File: 1.jpg (27KB, 331x331px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
27KB, 331x331px
>>24591734
>>
File: 2.jpg (64KB, 331x331px) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
64KB, 331x331px
>>24591742
>>
>>24591742
"pets the doggie"
>>
your just mad diamond and pearl remakes are around the corner lol, hg/ss count as fr/lg remakes
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.