[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When did your parents or friends tell you that you were too old

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: English_Pokémon_logo.svg.png (209KB, 2000x736px) Image search: [Google]
English_Pokémon_logo.svg.png
209KB, 2000x736px
When did your parents or friends tell you that you were too old for Pokemon or that Pokemon was for babies or whatever? How did you respond?
>>
>>24579917
Never
>>
my parents never gave a shit and i never had any friends
>>
>>24579917
"Y-yeah! P-pokemon is for b-babies, its yugioh that's all the rage n-now"
>>
Yes.

Good thing I dont live with my parents.
And my friends are stoner frat kids like myself.

Fuck the Poké-police.

Ill be too old when I am dead.
>>
My parents have never had a problem with it and share some level of interest to it to an extent. I'm generally friends with likeminded people so I've never had much of an issue there, I have some friends who aren't into it but they are into things I'm not into either so it's not like we ever make a big deal about it.

There's been one person who used to say I was too old for shit like Pokemon and that, and it was a girl I liked when I was about 15. I just defended it all and that, now we're in our 20's and pretty close friends.
>>
My parents never cared about what games I play, as it should be.

My old friends mostly all still play, and people who don't play mostly don't know or care that I'm into it.

Honestly, it doesn't matter either way.
>>
My mother never said anything, my sisters kind of mentioned it when I was in high school and when I started collecting pokemon plushes I just ignored the comments; but they never mentioned it again after I decorated the christmas tree with pokemon plushes and it was all the rage on the pictures they posted.
>>
>>24579917
I fell out of the games after RS so my parents never really said anything. it was mostly just other kids at school because of how 12 year olds are, even though by the time I got into high school no one cared anymore and Pokemon was socially acceptable again within limits
>>
>>24579917
>Be 10
>At Roosevelt Field Mall for the 10th anniversary Celebi event
>Long line, half greasy teenagers, other half kids
>Security lets me cut 2/3rds of the line because I showed up late
>Mom looks at me
>"A-anon, promise me you won't grow up to be like those nerds over there"
>Wv senpai, just want my Celebi
>Almost 10 years later
>Tfw those greasy kids are probably shitposting neckbeards on /vp/
>>
how old is too old?
>>
>implying I wasn't one of the ones who said pokemon was for babbies
>implying the pokemon fad didn't die before Crystal came out
>>
>>24579917
When I was 14.
>>
The friends I'm close enough to know are mostly nerds themselves or chill enough that it doesn't matter.

My parents don't really say much about it, but they might give joke about it once in a while.

When I was five or six I wanted Pokemon bedsheets, but my mom said no because she said I wouldn't like in it a year, so I've given her trouble about that though.
>>
My friends sometimes make fun of me, but always lighthearted, so offense intended.

My girlfriend sometimes jokes about it, but that's it.

I don't think my parents worry about it because it's just a hobbit.

It's perfectly possible to be a normie and play pokémon competitively. Just don't sacrifice real life to it.
>>
>>24587483
>so offense intended.
meant no offense
>>
File: 1445775867495.png (179KB, 500x349px) Image search: [Google]
1445775867495.png
179KB, 500x349px
>>24583951
>babbies
>bb
>>
>>24583937
I remember you.
I took you in the bathroom and touched your naughty place.
Remember?
No?
Must of been because...
well anyway..
Tell your Mom I said Hi.
And thanks for the quick blow.
>>
File: asian tom cruise.jpg (9KB, 200x263px) Image search: [Google]
asian tom cruise.jpg
9KB, 200x263px
I'm turning 24 in few days, i discovered pokemon games 3 months ago, before that i knew about pokemon anime and watched it in year 2000 or something like that.
My family doesn't know, my friends call me "pokemon master" in sarcastic tone, you know what i'm talking about.
When i take subway to downtown (i work for insurance company) i often catch surrounding people's glimpses like "he's a big man, and he's playing kids game!".
I mostly don't give a fuck about it, but sometimes i wonder - am i too old for that game?
>>
When I was 12 or 13. So I said you're right and missed out on FR/LG and Emerald. When my friends got Diamond/Pearl, I jumped back in. I couldn't stay away.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.