[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone else just play Pokemon for the story?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: Memories.jpg (245KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Memories.jpg
245KB, 1024x768px
Does anyone else just play Pokemon for the story?
>>
No.
>>
>>24476972
That's weird. The story is the same thing every time. If there was some hack that let you skip all text (outside of battles), Pokemon would be fantastic.

>be some kid
>defeat evil organization
>save the fucking world
>capture legendary pokemon nobody else has ever even heard of
>beat grown adults at their own hobby
>credits
>>
I wish there was less fucking story. At least BW's was entertaining but now it's just obnoxious.
>>
>>24476981
>>24476985
>>24476999
based on that picture, i think OP meant PMD's story
>>
>>24477009
I meant every game. Pokémon Mystery Dungeon just happened to have the best.
>>
>>24477009
Well he should've specified that he wanted a PMD thread and not a shitposting thread.
>>
>>24476972
Purely for the story? No. The catching and collecting aspect has always been my favorite part of the series.

Story is probably second though. But I strongly prefer the "stories" of the earlier games. Where much of the world building is up to your imagination and interpretation. I really disliked gen V in that regard.
>>
>>24477029
Are you speaking from a completionist standpoint? For me, collecting Pokémon can be fun for a bit, but I enjoy the aspect of creating my own tale within the game. That's why I've decided to Nuzlocke all of my games. It allows for a lot more drama.
>>
>>24476972
I do, and I love finding the lore behind the legendaries.
>>
>>24477049
Yeah, it's kind of a completionist thing for me, but I usually wait with it to the postgame. I do think it is somewhat important to the story though, since in most regions the whole reason you get a pokémon and pokédex in the first place is to fill it up.

Nuzlockes have never been my thing. I think I like my pokémon too much to let them go like that, but I can totally see why people enjoy it.
>>
>>24476972
Story's the last thing I play it for.
>>
>>24476972
Yes, although not necessarily for the actual plot.

I certainly don't play it for competitive or anything. Just exploring the region, talking to NPCs and filling my dex.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.