[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gentlemen, how do we make him better as he is? Move Tutors?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

File: pangoro.jpg (24KB, 300x251px) Image search: [Google]
pangoro.jpg
24KB, 300x251px
Gentlemen, how do we make him better as he is? Move Tutors?
>>
Iron Fist with elemental punches would probably be all he needs

His stats are too mediocre and the one good thing he gets as of now (Parting Shot) is sort of awful and wasted on him.
>>
>>20555976
What if he got a slight stat boost? Would it make it good?
>>
>>20555987
Depends entirely on the stat boost. If it's the same kind of +10 defense or something Gamefreak's been giving us, then that's going to affect basically nothing at all.

If you could somehow travel back to Gen 4 and plop him in or something then he might be okay. Introducing a slow and bulky offensive Dark/Fighting in the same generation as Fairy was pretty mean and just really shows how much fairy affected those types more than it did dragons.
>>
>>20555948
It needs a third evolution. Problem it's fucking damn hard to improve on this design without making it look like Jotaro Kujo. This evolution should bring him to the 530s BST mark and improve its defenses and attack. Also loose some Sp. Attack and redistribute it between the more useful stats.

Regarding movepool and ability, I see him having Anger Point. With increased bulk it may be able to make good use of it, plus, look at it. It fits perfectly on him, Also, give him Close Combat and have Iron Fist affect it (after all, it has a punching animation) and, finally give Parting Shot +7 priority. It may soubd stupid, but that way he can be absolutely sure he gets out safely without worrying about such things as Extreme Speed or, in lesser degree, Pursuit, it should also be able to bypass Shadow Tag and other similar abilities with it.

If that doesn't save it, proceed to Mega-fy and give it Guts, Moxie or Contrary, then give him yet another signature move that does the opposite than Parting Shot, a 60 power Fighting move that works both as Dragon Tail and Pursuit, forcing a random switch upon hitting, but also hitting pokemon that attempt to switch by double damage.

... I really want Pangoro to be good.
>>
>>20556077
Also, Sucker Punch, Mach Punch and Bullet Punch plz.
>>
>>20555948
Elemental punches, Mach Punch, maybe some more speed and/or bulk.
I'm leaning for towards a fair bit of bulk, it's a big, muscular panda, it should be able to take a lot of hits.
>>
>>20556077
>and, finally give Parting Shot +7 priority. It may soubd stupid, but that way he can be absolutely sure he gets out safely without worrying about such things as Extreme Speed or, in lesser degree, Pursuit
Why not just give it +1 or +2 Priority? Aside from like, Aerialate Extremespeed which doesn't exist yet, you'd rather want your dark/fighting type to take the blunt of a pursuit or something so you can get a clean switch into whatever you're about to set up. Extremespeed is really not any sort of issue for Pangoro even at its current state

>+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Lucario Extreme Speed vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Pangoro: 272-321 (69 - 81.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
>>
>>20556098
All boosted by Iron Fist, of course. Throw in Swords Dance if it really needs it.

Ta-da, M-Mawile: The UU version (at the very least)
>>
>>20556109
Maybe, but the ability of, say, switch a Ghost, a wall or keep (Mega) Pangoro healthy would be very useful.
>>
>>20556077
Also, Parting Shot could have a Baton Pass effect, but that'd probably be overkill.
>>
>>20556148
I'd probably rather just have Regenerator or something instead of Anger Point if you're gonna try to buff Parting Shot.

Like the two are really bad together. On the off chance that you're hit by a crit and now you're at +6 attack, 25% of your moveset is a priority switching out move so you can't even make the most of it.
>>
>>20556176
Good point. Perhaps it should loose Scrappy (it doesn't really have a use for it being a Dark type) and gain Regenerator. I'd still like to see both it and Anger Point on it, even if only for flavor-related reasons.

Plus, if Parting Shot DID have a Baton Pass effect it'd work beautifully on it. Oh god, can you imagine the sudden sweeps when paired with Garchomp or Azumarrill?
>>
>>20556242
>half the time it's running hammer arm
>can't even boost aside from work up and hone claws
No thanks, I'd rather just do what people always wanted to do
>parting shot into something like Charizard X or Tyranitar, mega and dragon dance
>sweep on their own because they already got a chance to set up thanks to that -1/-1 on the opponent from parting shot's currently existing effect
>>
>>20556270
That's what it was intended to be for, but imagine if along with it, you could send a +6 on attack to your Mega Edgezard or TTar while the enemy sits there crying at ?1/-1?, And why even switch if you can just click Sucker Punch and win?

Plus, it can carry other fighting type moves such as Sky Uppercut (which is most likely boosted by Iron Fist) or Close Combat (if it did receive it). Surely the defense reduction wouldn't be very nice, but there are plenty of ways around it.

All in all, I believe Pangoro would be a poke capable of doing an obscene amount of things with these changes without a doubt. Worthy enough of OU without a single doubt.

Also, throw Bulk Up if it still doesn't have it (which would be absolutely retarded).
>>
File: 1328033529069.gif (2MB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
1328033529069.gif
2MB, 200x150px
give it skill link
>>
>>20556411
It only gets Arm Thrust, which is complete shit.
>>
>>20556270
And with regenerator it could do the same thing several times, giving you ample margin to maneuver and not get rekt the first mistake you make.
>>
>>20556473
It learns comet punch too doesn't it?
>>
Slightly revamp its stats to 95/134/88/59/71/58
Give it Drain Punch, ThunderPunch, FirePunch, Ice Punch, Superpower, and Flame Charge
>>
>>20555948
Every relevant Fairy completely murders it, the 4x weakness really kills it.

It's essentially a worse Conkeldurr/Machamp which is more frail, and just as slow.

It's only real niche is Parting Shot which is honestly shit on it because unlike Conk/Champ it has little offensive presence and forces so few switchouts.
>>
>>20556531
Yes, it does, but a non-stab move of 90 power isn't enough of a reason to give it Skill Link over much more useful potential abilities.
>>
>>20556598
... Which is why we are trying to fix it, you baka.
>>
>>20556584
With the weaknesses it has it can't really make much use of Drain Punch. Still, with its ability it'd be a nice addition.

Flame Charge a shit tho. Pangoro is not meant to ever be a sweeper, but a bulky attacker capable of supporting your team. Plus, Flame Charge is only arguably good in already fast mons that just need a small 1.5 boost to safely speed most of the metagame. Also, Superpower over a possibly Iron Fist-boosted Close Combat?, What are you even thinking?
>>
>>20556695
Because a STAB move boosted by an ability that gives is good for a bulky attacker with no other recovery besides Leftovers/Rest, no?
I wasn't trying to make it a sweeper.
Flavor. I'm sure you'd love it if this thing got Huge Power, right? Also, Close Combat isn't boosted by Iron Fist. What are you even thinking?
>>
>>20556748
Not all that much, since the moment you get a little fairy dust on you you are going down. But yeah, I still can see it getting plenty of use.

And nah man. You can keep Huge Power for yerself. Plus, I know that CC ain't boosted by Iron Fist, I'm just saying it should, given its punching animation.
>>
Redistribute its stats to be: 105/125/80/60/70/65

Give it Knock Off, Sucker Punch, Close Combat, Drain Punch and Gunk Shot.

that's really all it needs to be viable, now you can run a Sub-SD(or Bulk Up) Sucker Punch set and make 101 subs, or run the standard choiced sets much more effectively.
>>
>>20558236
I'd min/max a little more and give it 105/125/80/50/80/65

I'd normally give it less speed for higher defenses or something, but a tier 65 speed is really good, since it outspeeds all 60 speed pokes and those are never ever invested in speed.
>>
>>20556077
>improve on this design
>implying evolutions make designs better
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.