[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is your opinion of Family Guy?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

What is your opinion of Family Guy?
>>
>>66464
It's funny. Everyone outgrows it eventually.
>>
>>66464
First 3 seasons are genuinely funny. The rest is pure garbage.
>>
>>66464
Never really cared for it. Watched a few episodes from the first couple of seasons and had a few mild chuckles but not enough to make me wanna watch anymore.
>>
>>66464
>What is your opinion of Family Guy?

Unwatchable crap.
>>
>>66464
Greeting [B]eper from Seth Mcfarlane's [FAMILY] [MAN]
>>
>>66564
FOOL! IM FROM Team Fortress 2
>>
File: 1501913376328.png (287KB, 723x664px) Image search: [Google]
1501913376328.png
287KB, 723x664px
>>66464
Macfarlene lost his touch after the first few seasons
Now it's all politics and minutes-long cutout jokes
>>
File: idgi.png (2MB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
idgi.png
2MB, 720x540px
Family Guy was one of the first shows I watched on the regular. It premiered the year after I was born, and my dad was a big fan of it, so we had DVDs of every pre-cancellation episode. I watched them religiously and loved every second of them. When the show came back, me and my family watched it every Sunday night (9:00 on Global). Things were good, and the show was still funny.

Then the later seasons came. If I had to pinpoint an episode when it started to go downhill, it would be the first time they used one of those stock Conway Twitty clips. Even as a kid I knew it was obvious filler. As the show went on and on, every character became a simple parody of themselves (Brian now bares absolutely no resemblance to his pre-cancellation self) and the episodes became preachy liberal soapboxes. Now every episode has to end with a moral about being kind to one another or some nonsense, and it's just embarrassing to see the writing team try.

The show hit rock bottom with Season 13. Now the only jokes they make are about cell phone apps and the liberal smugness is through the roof. I don't want it regularly anymore, but I have to admit to torrenting all the episodes of the new seasons once they're over. I know the show is creatively dead, but I consider keeping up with it an obligation.
>>
>>66602
I think that's a pattern with almost all long-running television shows. The Simpsons, SpongeBob SquarePants, and The Fairly Oddparents are all shows that come to my mind first when thinking about how amazing the first few seasons were and how one can easily chart the massive decline in quality in more recent seasons.

The only show I can think of that somewhat maintained a sense of quality is South Park, but season 20 knocked it down a few pegs as well.
>>
>>66464
"Road to" episodes are the only good ones
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.