[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you tip?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

Do you tip?
>>
>>63379
No
>>
I used to be a server at one point and I know how it feels to get a big tip for your efforts. I always try to tip well because of that.
>>
>>63379
I usually do though it greatly depends on a number of things like where I am going to. Lately at Denny's, I'll round it up to the nearest $5 or $10 even if it means a $4 tip on a $6 meal.
>>
>>63379
Yes, but I'm very stingy with my tips. I don't tip 15% or more unless if they provide excellent service. I'll be more liberal with my tip money if I see the restaurant is obviously short-staffed and my waiter/waitress is really busting their ass going from table to table trying to keep everyone happy.
>>
>>63379
Yes, rather large too.

I'm a regular to the same services/locations, so I always get top notch service even if they're busy.
>>
>>63410
I've noticed that when you tip well as a regular it's easier to get priority service. It's a good trade off.
>>
No. I let the other that's with me tip.

Do I look like a tipcuck?
>>
>>63397
>Yes, but I'm very stingy with my tips. I don't tip 15% or more unless if they provide excellent service

I dont get this 15% tip meme.

So lets say I buy a $10 burger.. that means I only have to tip $1.5. But let's say I get a $20 steak dinner.. now it means I have to tip $3. Why should I give the waiter/waitress a bigger tip just because my dinner costed more? It's still the same amount of effort whether it's the $10 burger or the $20 steak dinner. I'm gonna give you $5 no matter what and that's it.
>>
File: 1456159533129450963.png (745KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1456159533129450963.png
745KB, 1200x1600px
>>63413
Traditionally speaking, 15% is the "norm" for tipping. You start at 15% and go up or down depending on the quality of service you receive. If the service was average (Not great but not horrible either), 15% is supposed to suffice. If the service was outstanding, you're suppose to go up to 18%, maybe even 20%, though I know some people who tip as much as 25% and 30%. If the service was very shitty, you're suppose to either leave it at 15% (If you're a generous person), or take it down to 10% or leave no tip at all, though some believe that to be rude regardless.

I think idea is, the more a party spends on a dinner, the more work the staff will be involved in. There's a big difference in a 15% tip from a single diner ordering for only theirself that'll max out around $15 to $20, versus a family of 20 dining for a special occasion that can go as high as $400 to $800 or more.
>>
>>63413
Because you can afford it you autistic fuck.

It's a social test and you failed.
>>
File: 1468573449527.jpg (49KB, 469x463px) Image search: [Google]
1468573449527.jpg
49KB, 469x463px
M'lady
>>
>>63447
My friend used to wear a fedora and actually did this once to a pizza guy. It was hilarious.
>>
no. we don't tip in my country
>>63414
the fucks up with her leg
>>
>>63499
>the fucks up with her leg
Looks like they were trying to put that leg closer to the viewpoint but the angle of her body suggests more that the left leg should be closer. Or it just could be shit drawing.
>>
>>63379
No, I don't live in a shit hole.
>>
>>63379
No, I'm not the waiter's fucking employer. I walk directly to the kitchen and pich my shit up myself.
>>
File: certainly a bonehead.png (304KB, 800x715px) Image search: [Google]
certainly a bonehead.png
304KB, 800x715px
You know, I get that waiters in a greasy spoon are paid minimum wage, and so they rely on tips to make a decent living. That I get. But if I'm dining in a five-star, Michelin-rated restaurant, are you REALLY telling me that the servers aren't being paid well and need me to toss in some extra cash?

I've got no problem tipping, but that 18% rule is ridiculous. I'll tip the exact amount I thought the service was worth. The price of the meal is irrelevant.
>>
I'm not an asshole, so yeah.
>>
File: 1351926963797.jpg (19KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1351926963797.jpg
19KB, 250x250px
>>63379
>Item on the menu
>Cost exactly 5 dollery doos
>have exactly 5 dollery doos
>enjoy meal
>Here is your bill sir
>6 dollery doos after tax
>expecting me to pay extra dollery doos

Nar, I'm aces mate.
>>
>>63379
No
>>
>>63379
Of course I tip. I'm a /vip/. I always tip around 20% unless service is really bad, in which case I'll likely complain and still tip okay because a lot of places (at least around here) share tips.
>>
>>63901
In the US, waiters are paid below minimum wage.
>>
>>64117
Yeah, but if they don't receive enough tips to meet minimum wage the employer is legally obligated to make up the difference.
>>
>>63379
Yes.
>>
tip over
>>
>>63384
Came here to say this
>>
1DdDjn6GVs8AQr4zEULxk99kBtEiRKZJUm show me
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.