[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

let's discuss the nature of existence

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: CBjU6rsVIAAQn2f.jpg (49KB, 600x612px) Image search: [Google]
CBjU6rsVIAAQn2f.jpg
49KB, 600x612px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmT3t2Kdr3I
>>
I felt for a long while that the obsession over the nature of existence was a bit unnecessary but that conversation and pondering led to the numerous advancements in mathematics and the sciences.
That said, I think the discussion of existence now isn't so much about physics and math but about one's role in this life. What I think is that people need to study philosophy a bit more, particularly in the branch of ethics which frequently delves into that question.
>>
File: 1452033126537.jpg (103KB, 519x493px) Image search: [Google]
1452033126537.jpg
103KB, 519x493px
>>61268
Existence is something majestic, but trying to answer everything about it is kind of pointless. The resources exist, the problem is that there is too much data to sift through within a human lifetime.

Existence is something that just kind of springs forth due to the natures composing it. You see, there is Order and Chaos, together we have Existence. Chaos brings forth Order, and likewise Order brings forth Order.

In the beginning there was nothing but Order, a great Nothingness, but due to the nature of Order, Chaos came and such Existence was brought forth.

Look at it this way; There used to be only Water, but its in Water's nature to invite Oil, what existence is that mixture of Water and Oil, and eventually things will return to the Original Order of Nothingness, for Chaos is merely presence of Something, which doesn't last forever.
>>
what do you think happens when you die?
>>
>>61295
Meme answer: Who knows? You'll find out someday

Answer: Your physicality ceases to be sustained, and your pure consciousness either returns to where it came from, or fades away into nothingness along with your physicality.

Think of it like this, Is the shell of a Hermit Crab the actual crab? Your physical body is a shell which houses the Crab that is your conscious Self. What this is, is simply "awareness". When your shell fails, your awareness returns to where it came from, or it ceases to be. As per your Identity and Ego, depending on how strongly you are connected to it determines how long they will take to dissolve.

What this means is that there is such a thing as Dharmic retribution if you believe in the "Return to Origin" scenario. If your Ego and Identity are formed as strongly as your physicality was, that'll have to die as well to return to Origin, where there are no individuals, but rather a collective of awarenesses in a singular Awareness that spans the entire Universe. So, you go through some things that kill off your Ego and Identity, this is often referred to as hell, but I like to call it "Refining the Self." Once all Ego and Identity has been purged, you return to Origin as part of the Collective, until you wake up one day in a new physicality trying to survive.

If you believe the latter, then nothing happens. You simply cease to be all together, you share the same fate as sinners and saints, you who chose not to be born, who are once in an Universal Lifetime, whose story has never been or will ever be again, will simply return to a state of non existence, like a dusty bookshelf that once held a precious story.
>>
File: 1494552897470.gif (176KB, 562x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1494552897470.gif
176KB, 562x1000px
>>61295
we just have these big pattern recognition engines in our skulls that make sense of all the subconscious decision making we make after the fact, and it makes us think that we are special or whatever.
when you die, your neurons stop firing, and you just stop existing. theres nothing to you that will persist past that.
>>
>>61295
Basically: >>61301
You go back to the way you were before you were born with the exception of leaving a bit of matter behind to either decompose and be eaten by other living things or be burned until only the non-flammable bits of you are left. Your consciousness ceases and since the consciousness is the self the self ceases.
>>
>>61291
Ever read Laozi? He talks a bit about the duality of existence. Not all his advice is good (he actually advocates for ignorance) but he discusses how you shouldn't put things in strict categories and how opposites are really parts of a whole. He doesn't advocate that bad or ugly should be just as much as good or beauty but if you attempt to destroy one you destroy the other.
>>61295
The issue i see with responses to this question is that people say you die, it's all over and just stop right there. Increasingly less frequently they may tell you that you might see some afterlife that may or may not happen. Either one is incomplete. Because you don't know what will happen when you die (or even if you do) you should enjoy your life while you have it.
>>
>>61310
>ignorance is bad because it hurts muh feelies
>>
>>61301
>>61304
You NEED to go back.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMRrCYPxD0I
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.