[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does /vip/ listen to podcasts? If you do, is there any you think

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: ncEqBpEcA.jpg (369KB, 1100x1051px) Image search: [Google]
ncEqBpEcA.jpg
369KB, 1100x1051px
Does /vip/ listen to podcasts? If you do, is there any you think are /vip/ quality? There's three I particularly enjoy, in no order.

1. Philosophize This! by Stephen West. Goes through the history of philosophy but also tries to relate it to today and to his expected listener. Makes a joke or two that can fall flat but overall I find it enjoyable. He says to start from episode 9 but I recommend starting from the beginning, it's not as bad as he says. This is a lengthy one, as he has been working on this since 2013.

2. Crimetown. It's about to finish its first season. Goes through the history of organized crime and corruption in the town of Providence. It will explore another city next season. Great production values, interesting stories told. Always look forward to another episode.

3. This is Criminal. Explores various criminal cases and events around the US. The hostess does have an annoying habit of stammering when she asks questions, but the cases are fascinating. Unlike the last two, the vast majority of episodes are self-contained and if they are not, they let you know.

Pic unrelated.
>>
File: Barry.png (287KB, 410x508px) Image search: [Google]
Barry.png
287KB, 410x508px
Sure, I listen to a few:

>Barshens
A companion podcast to the very funny Youtube channel, though you don't have to watch the show to enjoy the podcast. Every episode, the show's stars and crew talk about their histories with Youtube, everyday life, and the making of their content. Only updates about once a month or so.

>Cheap Show
Two 40+ old British guys do sketch comedy, play games, and goof on each other while discussing nostalgic media. Updates once a week or so. Somewhat SJW-y, but is not afraid of making plenty of crossing-the-line jokes.
>>
>>59894
I'll check them out. Are they on Spotify?
>>
>>59898
They should be - the producer (of both) purposely tries to distribute the podcasts through every major outlet. I for one use Soundcloud, but I know they're on Stichr and iTunes too.
>>
My brother my brother and me

An ""advice"" series where 3 brothers answer random yahoo questions

Adventure zone, run by the same people above, they play DND

Oh no Ross and Carrie
They participate in bizarre cults and pysdosience things and tell you about it
>>
>>59893

No
>>
>>59900
Seconding Adventure Zone
>>
Toonami Pre-Flight and Kanzenshuu (Dragon Ball podcast)

That's about it.
>>
>>59893
I don't even really understand what constitutes as a podcast to be honest. I follow a couple channels that do audio only content, Thinking-Ape is the first one that comes to mind.

Does his stuff count as podcast material? All of his solo things are super high quality, and a lot of the conversations he has are great as well.
>>
>>60045

I think by definition a podcast is just a recording of people gathering around and discussing a topic.. Most are audio-only but there's video podcasts too.
>>
>>60045
>>60055
>I think by definition a podcast is just a recording of people gathering around and discussing a topic.. Most are audio-only but there's video podcasts too.
This, basically. It's wide and varied. The topics range from comedy to news and commentary over various topics. The Philosophize This! podcast is a commentary on philosophical works throughout the ages, for example.
Commentaries aren't the only ones either, some are investigative, some do Q&A, some are debates, some don't even inform but rather entertain. As long as it's episodic and releases on a regular basis it can be considered a podcast.
>>
Just "The Greatest Debate in the Universe." Maddox and Rucka Rucka Ali talk shit about some debate topic for an hour and a half. The idea is that Maddox will spend half the time arguing one side of the debate, then the other half of the time arguing for the other side, while Rucka and the guest moderators interrupt him and call him a cuck any time he says something dumb.

It's ok.
>>
>>59893
I feel like going to Hardee's now.
>>
>>60071
>As long as it's episodic and releases on a regular basis it can be considered a podcast.

Oh, ok, none of the stuff I listen to has a set schedule like that.
>>
>>59893
Joe Rogan and Level1Techs
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.