[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Remove adds

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

File: 1493570468327.png (124KB, 261x218px) Image search: [Google]
1493570468327.png
124KB, 261x218px
Could you just remove ads for the people with the 4chan pass so I can just not deal with the adblocker bugs.
>>
Hiro is too jewish to do that it seems.
>>
>>59729
Done.
>>
>>59802
Thanks
>>
>>59802

Is this real?
>>
It's not even about being entitled, it's just a monumentally stupid business decision. I run a podunk little forum and even I remove ads for users who contribute money. The amount of money you make in ads off a single user is pretty much close to zero. It'd take years and years and years to get as much ad revenue from a single user compared to the $20 for a pass. The odds of ever making as much money compared to a pass is basically nonexistent unless you have a retard who clicks ads constantly. Even then the advertiser probably won't give you the money then unless the person actually buys a bunch of crap through the ads or has a dynamic IP.

Not having ads also gives lurkers a reason to get a pass. Lurkers are always the majority of a website's userbase. You're literally cutting out 90+% of your userbase from passes for reasons, I don't even know why. From every perspective imaginable it's stupid to not disable ads for users who pay. There's definitely no financial reason to keep displaying ads to pass users.
>>
>>59815

No
>>
>>59729
but I like the J-List ads
one of my life goals is to travel to Japan and snap a selfie with Peter Payne
>>
>ADBLOCK bugs
How incompetent are you
>>
>>59821
>podunk little forum
You realize you now have to post a link.
>>
>>59912
Nah. Point is the paying users are infinitely more valuable than the ads. Anything that keeps them happy or gets new users to pay up on a regular basis is a good thing. It just makes me baffled as to why they don't do it here. I have to hope it's incompetence rather than malice, because even if you were operating only by greed, it's better to remove ads for paying users.
>>
>>59729
I don't even hide ads on here

They're the most benign ads ever and sometimes I even click on them for funzies
>>
>>60044
lies. They used to open automatically a few months ago on mobile.
>>
File: 4chan ads.png (108KB, 772x362px) Image search: [Google]
4chan ads.png
108KB, 772x362px
>>60044
>They're the most benign ads ever and sometimes I even click on them for funzies

Mostly true when it used to be J-List only with moot, but ever since Hiro took over it seems he's implemented some other ad agency that gives the most clickbait tier ads like pic related. Those makes me want to enable the adblocker on 4chan.. which I should be doing anyway since I've been paying for 4chan Pass for years. Like >>59821
said, Pass users shouldn't be getting ads in the first place.
>>
>>60116
I don't mobile post. I only use my phone to call people, read, take pictures, for the GPS, and for texts.

That's it.

>>60133
The ads are definitely click bait now though. Though that doesn't bother me much.

Actually, the biggest thing that bothers me about the new ad system is that it's much harder to advertise here as a user. Like, before I could advertise on 4chan really easily, but now it's pretty difficult to do so.
>>
I never see ads. Don't think I have adblock either.
>>
>>59729
>adblocker bugs.
Sasuga frognigger
>>
I disabled adblock after seeing this thread, and I got a very annoying popunder ad that was loudly saying that I had a virus.
Fuck the ads royally.
>>
>>60421
>and I got a very annoying popunder ad that was loudly saying that I had a virus.

I had one that sounds like this one like 6 months ago. It was definitely some malware type ad. I couldnt believe it came from 4chan. But I haven't had that in some time now so I'm not really sure what it was.

I have ABP enabled but I know websites rely on ads to stay alive so what I did is I unsubscribed from all lists except the "Malware Domains" one to keep malware sites blocked. It's been working pretty well.
>>
File: 1489161666099.jpg (21KB, 468x60px) Image search: [Google]
1489161666099.jpg
21KB, 468x60px
>>59911
this
ya'll are retards, disable adblock entirely and see all the cool new advertisements of other boards
>pic fucking related
>>
File: 1489196736878.gif (142KB, 468x60px) Image search: [Google]
1489196736878.gif
142KB, 468x60px
>>60459
>>
dumb frogposter kill yourself
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.