[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

NEW FAG IS LOST

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 8

SUPER NEW FAG HERE.. what kinda shit is posted here anyway??
>>
File: 1475930973825.png (868KB, 1461x1440px) Image search: [Google]
1475930973825.png
868KB, 1461x1440px
>>56209
welcome new friend, anything goes as long as it exemplifies the value that that the name VIP connotes.
>>
>>56209
Whatever the fuck you want. Just keep it slow.
>>
>>56231
I like how welcoming /vip/ is to new people. It's the exact opposite on every other board on the site where you have to ave been here for 13 years in order to be even considered worthy.
>>
>>56257
Well, the expectation is that if you've spent $20 on the site, you'll likely have been around for a while on other boards.
>>
>>56258
Yeah but if I told /a/ that I'd been on /a/ for six years they would scoff for the short period of time even if that's over half a decade of my life wasted away.
>>
>>56260
Well, that's a good thing. Elitism is what keeps the mouthbreathers out. Ever heard of the expression "Lurk More"?
>>
>>56262
>Elitism is what keeps the mouthbreathers out.
A certain amount of elitism is good for things such as you said. When it gets to a point you can't even talk about anime and manga with out being shit on by multiple people at any given moment you are being an obstruction to the point of the board. I have developed a thick skin from all the being shit on but it still makes it not a pleasant experience. If there was another place that wasn't absolutely retarded to talk about anime and manga I would go there instead.
>Ever heard of the expression "Lurk More"?
I have. What's your point?
>>
File: bored calen.jpg (61KB, 450x725px) Image search: [Google]
bored calen.jpg
61KB, 450x725px
>>56263
>>56263
First of all, if you're in a situation where you have to tell people how long you've been on a board, you've already screwed up. That kind of thing shouldn't come up outside of meta threads (or threads like this one, but obviously it's not on topic for every board).

If you've somehow let slip that you're a new fag, just lurk more so you know how to avoid that kind of thing and read the mood of the board or thread.

/a/ in particular is extremely elitist because anime is an extremely elitist hobby. If you don't like it, you're always free to go somewhere else with a less strict user base.
>>
>>56267
>/a/ in particular is extremely elitist because anime is an extremely elitist hobby.
I would disagree because there are many more people that have only delved deep enough to watch a hundred shows. Those people aren't elite but there are plenty of those faggots running around /a/ telling you to kill yourself for watching "moeshit". The elitism comes from a defect in personality but not actual achievement. I don't have any trouble fitting into /a/ and haven't been called a new fag unless I make it clear that I'm not up on whatever /v/ is memeing. Elitism is an outlet of personal frustration on /a/ not a character value. They live sad lives and they're only way of coping is a dick measuring contest on what they like and hate and everyone likes and hates different things. When you combine that climate with that attitude you get a shitfest where they barely talk about /a/ related stuff but merely prove to themselves that they are somehow better than everyone else because they like what they like or much more commonly they hate what they hate.
>If you don't like it, you're always free to go somewhere else with a less strict user base.
The problem is that everywhere else you have to deal with mouth breathing retards as you have implied previously. Dealing with well adjusted retards and broken angry faggots is the choice and I don't like either option. I could just give up on talking about anime and manga in general and I have before but that gets lonely quick.
>>
>>56257
That's because /vip/ers aren't NEETs and have lots of disposable income willing to engage with others who also have lots of disposable income. People are generally more welcoming and accepting when money's involved; see country clubs. Think about how awful free clubs are where anyone is welcome and all the plebs, mouthbreathers, and scum of humanity begin to surface and drag down the overall experience. Now think about that closed-off country club secluded from the public where only the elitist of the elites are allowed to join for a price. Suddenly all that filth begins to wash away and you're left with only the best and most privileged of participants.

That's kinda what /vip/ is.
>>
File: smugbomber6.jpg (12KB, 206x221px) Image search: [Google]
smugbomber6.jpg
12KB, 206x221px
>>56269
>I would disagree because there are many more people that have only delved deep enough to watch a hundred shows. Those people aren't elite but there are plenty of those faggots running around /a/ telling you to kill yourself for watching "moeshit".
I 100% agree with you there. Those people are the real newfags, and they shouldn't be posting on /a/ at all. To be 100% honest, I don't visit /a/ very often because, like you, I hate those kinds of people, and I can understand your frustration in dealing with them.
>The problem is that everywhere else you have to deal with mouth breathing retards as you have implied previously.
You have to deal with a lot of them on /a/, too...
>I could just give up on talking about anime and manga in general and I have before but that gets lonely quick.
I know it's tough, because most western anime "fans" don't actually seem to like anime, they just like meme cartoons that they can shitpost about on their favourite online dumping ground (Jojo and Trigger shows are excellent examples of this).

For what it's worth, I like how welcoming and friendly /vip/ is, too, but of course we have a $20 barrier from the hordes.
>>
File: 1471596420366.jpg (208KB, 1000x1414px) Image search: [Google]
1471596420366.jpg
208KB, 1000x1414px
>>56209
>buy 4chan pass
>finally no captcha
>have vpn
>error: you are banned
>have to click banned, read message to post
>sometimes doesnt work and have to reset router for new ip

what are the other benefits fellas?
>>
>what kinda shit is posted here anyway??
Nothing, it's a wasteland in here, which is why most of the old threads have broken images
>>
so the consensus is that /a/ sucks?
>>
>>56434
The people on it sure do. There are pockets of people that want to actually talk about anime and manga but they are outnumbered. The fact that they are still there gives me hope like a battered wife hoping her husband will change.
>>
>>>/a/155105098
Case in point. Some of these people are joking. The rest are dead serious.
>>
File: sad bomber.jpg (24KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
sad bomber.jpg
24KB, 480x360px
>>56434
It didn't always, but yes, it does now. It's a real shame, because it used to be THE place on the English-speaking internet to discuss anime and manga, but now it's just a bunch of possibly underage Americans yelling "WEEB! WEEB! YOU'RE A WEEB!" at each other like a bunch of angry capuchins.

"Meme culture" is just a cancer. It destroys every last beacon of serious discussion online in favour of stupid gags that don't make any sense, but are funny because other people laugh at them.
>>
>>56443
What do you plan on watching this coming season, bomberanon?
>>
File: happy hige.jpg (19KB, 282x265px) Image search: [Google]
happy hige.jpg
19KB, 282x265px
>>56445
>Souryo to Majiwaru Shikiyoku no Yoru ni
>Warau Salesman NEW
>Alice to Zouroku

Hajimete no Gal looks like a lot of fun for the summer season, too.
>>
>>56447
>Souryo to Majiwaru Shikiyoku no Yoru ni
Looks lewd.
>Warau Salesman NEW
Gag comedies are a guilty pleasure of mine. Is it a short?
>Alice to Zouroku
Looks like a "You're going to get adopted" show. Another thing I've liked since Usagi Drop.

I haven't even looked at what's coming out in Summer.
>>
File: smug bomber 6.jpg (18KB, 340x336px) Image search: [Google]
smug bomber 6.jpg
18KB, 340x336px
>>56448
>Gag comedies are a guilty pleasure of mine. Is it a short?
I don't believe so! I love gag anime too, and I especially love reboots of classic anime franchises.

>I haven't even looked at what's coming out in Summer.
Neither have I, I just so happened to see the HnG trailer.
>>
>>56449
>I especially love reboots of classic anime franchises.
That remind me that I need to finish Osomatsu. I got about halfway through it and slacked off on downloading it.

>Neither have I, I just so happened to see the HnG trailer.
I know Gyaru is gaining traction recently with the Galko short. I'm going to go look at the summer anichart.
>>
>>56449
Koi to Uso looks like it could be really good or really bad. A lot of that hinges on the MC.
Knight's and Magic is the seasonal isekai only with a mecha twist. Sounds like it could be a train wreck.
Hina Logi maybe be good. Depends on how eccentric the characters are.
Kakegurui is up my alley. Sounds like a mix of Gamble Fish and Liar Game.
I'll watch Tsurezure Children for the yandere.
Made in Abyss is getting talked up pretty hard on /a/ right now. The manga does look excitingly detailed.
Aho-Girl looks fun. I have a penchant for bakas.
Centaur no Nayami is a must watch for me. It's got some extremely cute parts that will melt my heart to see animated.
>>
>>56260
wait am i being retarded or are you 11?
>>
>>56455
I'm 33, and, yes, you are retarded.
>>
>>57731
>>
>>56209
Fun shit
>>
Lurk More
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.