[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did Trump win?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 143
Thread images: 28

File: 1489563606156.png (926KB, 900x1040px) Image search: [Google]
1489563606156.png
926KB, 900x1040px
Why did Trump win?
>>
>>55648
Americans are dumb.
>>
>>55648
Because the democrats ran an unelectable candidate.
>>
File: CuvTqynUEAIcJp9.jpg (87KB, 800x601px) Image search: [Google]
CuvTqynUEAIcJp9.jpg
87KB, 800x601px
>>55655
Dude refused to rent to black people. Dude ripped people off with sham businesses. Dude confessed to career sexual assault on tape. It's incredible what you think qualifies an "unelectable candidate."
>>
>>55658
And yet he's still somehow better than Hillary.
>>
>>55658
If Trump is so unelectable, then why is he the 45th President of the United States?
>>
File: hacked.webm (414KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
hacked.webm
414KB, 600x450px
>>55662
R U S S I A N H A C K E R S
>>
http://forward.com/news/national/366181/exclusive-nazi-allied-group-claims-top-trump-aide-sebastian-gorka-as-sworn/

Literal Nazis in the White House.
>>
>>55665
So from that article Trump hired Gorka who may have been in an organization that was loyalist to Germany before Gorka was born. You know what I'm not a supporter of Trump but you guys are really stretching to make the argument or at least implication that Trump is literally Hitler.
>>
>>55666
>The State Department’s Foreign Affairs Manual specifies that members of the Vitézi Rend “are presumed to be inadmissible” to the country under the Immigration and Nationality Act.

He lied on his immigration forms to be admitted. He is not here legally. Literal illegal immigrants in the White House.
>>
>>55670
That's a more likely claim than:
>Literal Nazis in the White House
>>
File: commienazis[1].jpg (14KB, 320x233px) Image search: [Google]
commienazis[1].jpg
14KB, 320x233px
>>55671
Actually it's both.
>>
>>55648
-People are gullible and stupid.
-Anti-Clinton propaganda is still very effective.
-America has a wonky system of electing the President that rewards rotten boroughs.
>>
>>55658
>>55658
all twisted lies and half truths that (((they))) wanted to promote to keep the narrative going and the establishment in power
>>
>>55648
>Why did Trump win?

Remember in that Star Wars movie when Darth Vader(tm) tells Luke Skywalker(tm) that he is Luke's father? And Luke decides to fall to his death instead of accepting that?

I feel that way about Hillary Clinton. "I am... inevitable!" Fuck you, bitch, nothing doing. I'd sooner vote for Donald Trump than let you near the White House.

And so it goes
>>
File: IMG_0137.jpg (37KB, 225x350px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0137.jpg
37KB, 225x350px
Few reasons:
>Hillary ran probably the worst campaign in anyone on this board's lifetime.
If you voted for Hillary, you were either just voting against Trump (which is a retarded way to vote) or were voting to let more brown people that you don't know and that don't speak your language into your country and steal away your job and rape your woman, all on your payroll. If all that wasn't enough, she basically and undeniably cheated her way through the primaries, aggravating the one important demographic that she might have resonated with - college-age people voting for the first time.
Which leads me to my second point:

>Hillary completely alienated the white majority, including white women.
Despite what the MSM and certain parts of /pol/ will tell you, most white people are very happy in their domestic relationship with a white partner of the opposite, and couples nearly always vote for the same candidate. In alienating white men, Hillary alienated white women as well, which she probably planned for with the whole #ImWithHer thing, which as we all know failed because only 14 year old girls care about hashtags.

Third reason:
>Trump galvanized young white men, which is the only demographic that matters
Tom the 21-year-old white man decides he's going to vote for Trump. Tom tells his girlfriend/wife (also of voting age) that he thinks Trump is the best candidate, and, as previously stated, partners tend to vote the same way. Now Tom's Baby Boomer parents bond with Tom over rebpulican politics, and he convinces them that Trump is the best candidate. The rest of the family sees that upstanding young Tom is voting for Trump and follows suit. Repeat with every white family in the U.S.
>>
File: IMG_0141.jpg (66KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0141.jpg
66KB, 320x320px
>>55836
Fourth point:
>Trump is the American Dream
Everybody wants to be a rich old white guy with a strong lineage, married to a supermodel, and with billions of dollars to your name. If you don't, you're lying. In many ways, Trump was a manifestation of the promise many young people thought Obama didn't deliver on, ESPECIALLY outside of wealthy states like Cali and NY. Plus, he was funny. Everyone likes a funny guy, and the only thing funny about Hillary was that time a fly landed on her.

Fifth, final, most truthful and absolutely unarguable point:
>People hate change
Obama was the guy who promised change, and change he certainly did. In not a decade, he
>destroyed race relations
>let in millions of illegal immigrants
>sunk the US into a few trillion more dollars of debt
>created a sense of entitled leftist culture and its spawn, everyone's favourite REEEEing blue-haired thick-rimmed-glasses beard-touting smug cucks known to all in this vast electronic repository of human knowledge as the Social Justice Warrior
So, uh, that's kind of it. We tried change. It didn't work! The end. Hell, if you want more proof, think of the country so many of us on this board idolize: Japan, the most traditionalist, xenophobic, ethnically homogenous country young people can name. I'll tell you a secret: they would have voted Trump, too.

In closing, it was a perfect storm of so many elements, fortified by a hatred of tradition and a patient majority whose backs were broken by the last straw. Historians will likely study this phenomenon for years in the future, but we were all here to witness it as it unfolded.

Have a nice day!
>>
>>55648
The electoral college.
>>
>>55648
because he is the best man suited for the job
>>
File: 1489822245133.png (317KB, 1174x1140px) Image search: [Google]
1489822245133.png
317KB, 1174x1140px
>>55648
>>
File: 1487445429671.jpg (217KB, 640x891px) Image search: [Google]
1487445429671.jpg
217KB, 640x891px
>>55836
>>55837
This.
>>
>>55648
because he's a political and social genius?
>>
File: firehose.png (60KB, 498x490px)
firehose.png
60KB, 498x490px
Because of the Firehose of Falsehood.

http://www.rand.org/content/dam/rand/pubs/perspectives/PE100/PE198/RAND_PE198.pdf
>>
>>55648
Absolute savage 4chan meme magic conducted by weaponized autism.
>>
>>55648
Because the Democrats ran a conservative against a reactionary, and "keeping the shit status quo" is a hard argument to run against "make things good again for the (white) plurality of American voters".
>>
> is meme
>>
Hillary was a god awful candidate, that even while playing easy mode for the election, even with cheating and everything shilling for her, she still ended up fucking up royally and acted like a bitch about it. There was so much corruption behind her revealed that not even the media could save her, and they made pretty shitty attempts by leaking pointless videos from a decade ago of Trump talking about touching vaginas... didn't work out to well as the only fuckers who cared were fuckers who weren't going to vote trump anyways, and even then, means nothing when you consider they have said worse and probably listen to rappers who say worse shit time after time. Also:
>>55836
>>55837
Lots of people outside of New York city and California were pretty much disappointed with Obama's shit and didn't really care about ultimately pointless issues like Gay marriage and trans people using bathrooms, not to mention Obama's attempt to fix the economy only really reached so far as coastal cities, and left mid west untouched, people wanted America to be great again, not just NYC and California.

>But my popular vote!
America isn't just NYC and California.
>>
File: eggplant squad.jpg (20KB, 400x275px) Image search: [Google]
eggplant squad.jpg
20KB, 400x275px
>>55648
because people voted for him.
really, it's this >>55916 if we're being honest.
>>
>>55898
>Russian propaganda
Do you really fall for this shit? Most of the fuckers who pedal this dumb shit were saying "The election can't be hacked" up until Trump won, and then suddenly said "Russian hackers did it!", not to mention get pretty anal if anyone in the house communicates with a Russian, and even once called /pol/ on 4chan and any forum with majority support for Trump a "russian troll farm"

I moderate for a forum where people mostly supported trump, is that suddenly a russian troll farm, despite the admin being in virginia?
>>
File: 79tml8qxcusx.png (947KB, 931x3233px) Image search: [Google]
79tml8qxcusx.png
947KB, 931x3233px
>>56094
The director of the FBI literally went before Congress and said this, but thanks anyway, Dmitri.
>>
>>55842
Uh, this comic despite being a typical strawman is exactly right. Most people not in the leftist clique understands that what the left says is fucking nuts.
>>
>>56095
>Russians are suddenly responsible for the corruption in Hillary's campaign shown in the email leaks
So if I found out that some one was secretely a serial killer, does that mean I'm the one who gets arrested and executed while he gets off with no punishment?
Also:
-Wikileaks isn't affiliated with any nation (Remember, they leaked shit about Russia as well a couple times)
-No one even knows whether the hacker was part of the Russian government or even a Russian citizen
-The emails showed quite a bit of corruption (All of Podesta's emails, that one email where Hillary was making fun of one of Bill Clinton's sexual partners almost commiting suicide, DNC being rigged, rigged debates, George Soros starting riots in trump rallies, etc) within the campaign, not to mention Hillary never said they were fake.
-Perception of Hillary was pretty much tainted by the whole corruption in the emails, quite a lot of people who were going to vote Bernie essentially became "Anyone but hillary" and went for Stein, Johnson, even trump because of their candidate essentially being rigged out and having their soul taken (Though it's debatable whether Sanders had a soul in the first place). As much as many soft left/centrists were uncomfortable about Trump, many said "thank god Hillary didn't win". Democrat turnout (in places that are not NYC and California) was pretty low as people just didn't want Hillary, and essentially voted against her (or didn't vote), as they wanted anyone but Hillary, even if it meant a Trump victory.

So yeah, the Russians didn't really do that much to affect the election, if anything, public perception in the swing states made trump win.
>But they hacked the election!
Explain that when more people probably voted with paper ballots
Also:
>That fucking recount which ended up resulting in Hillary losing even more because half the electors of Washington didn't even want to support the cunt
>New Hampshire has one elector jump to trump
>A useless texas protest
>>
>>56116
Sorta wanted to continue that last line but reached character limit
>A useless texas protest where Trump lost 2 electors, but of course they chose Ron Paul and some other guy (Seriously, did you really think texas electors would choose Hillary? The state is solid red, so of course if they're going to change, they'll choose another person that isn't a democrat)

So yeah, Trump's your president.
>But Russian hackers!
Doesn't change the fact that the emails showed corruptness in Hillary's campaign... hell, a good amount of the negative shit about Hillary didn't even come from the emails
>"It's good for a leader to have a public and a private side", which translates to "tell the public one thing, and then tell your rich donator friends the opposite, those peasants don't need to know shit"
>insulting Bernie voters (I did too, but of course this was a pretty crappy idea for a democratic candidate who had to work on trying to get Bernie voters on board, since Bernie had quite the lot of support) by calling them "Children in their parent's basement"

Hillary was a god awful candidate who wasn't with the times what so ever, and failed to the point of losing twice in a row to some random billionaire real estate mogul who had a reality TV show and was never in professional politics, it's hard to have any kind of sympathy when most of her loss can be blamed on her acting like a cunt and her campaign full of corrupt assholes. And of course instead of accepting failure like she told trump to do if he lost, she cried like a bitch, demanded a recount which only extended the painful election bullshit, and then cry like a bitch again, her and the democratic party learned fucking nothing even after such a monumental fuck up. They still bitch about identity politics and random non-issues that are only issues because modern social justice movements said they were, and they still try pandering to the SJW crowd, even when the rest of the country wishes that crowd would just die.
>>
>>56116
>the corruption in Hillary's campaign

There was no corruption, mate. That's Russian spin.
>>
>>56129
There was corruption in the emails you cuck
>One of the campaign heads recently admitted to rigging the debate, which was also revealed in the emails
>Hillary never said the emails were fake
>>
>>56094
If yoy genuinely believe the accusation is that Russia hacked "the election" (i.e. voting machines), then yoy are too deep in your echochamber to be redeemed.
>>
Memes
>>
>>55658
This post and it's attitude is why.

You can't shit on 70% of the population and expect anything good to come of it.
>>
>>56246
Trump did that and won.
>>
File: r7eaEUX.jpg (80KB, 698x1284px) Image search: [Google]
r7eaEUX.jpg
80KB, 698x1284px
>>56246
See pic.

>>56247
Illegals aren't people. /s
>>
>>56247
No, he mostly shat on illegal immigrants, Hillary pretty much went and tried shitting on "the alt right" with a basket of deplorables speech which ended up essentially shitting on more than half of the US, even if they weren't white or republican.
>>
>>56264
>which ended up essentially shitting on more than half of the US

You're really stretching the meaning of the word "essentially" considering she won by three million votes.

Feel free to post an Infowars article proving all those votes were fake.
>>
>>56285
>she won by three million votes.
Wait a minute. If she won then how is Trump president?
>>
>>56287
:Because people in the stupidest states have disproportionate voting power, stupid. Literally an idiocracy.
>>
>>56289
So what you meant to say is that she lost with more votes. Man reality warping mindsets. I tell ya.
>>
>>56292
No, you were just too dumb to infer it.
>>
File: 1467853044670.jpg (30KB, 489x426px) Image search: [Google]
1467853044670.jpg
30KB, 489x426px
>>56294
What do you mean? I'm too stupid to understand what you're saying.
>>
>>56295
I have the best brain. Vote for me. Bing bing bing.

That's what you want, right? That's how you relate to "real Americans"?
>>
>>56296
Okay now I actually don't know what you're talking about. Was there a point to that string of non sequiturs?
>>
File: mrz111916-color_orig.jpg (215KB, 1100x799px) Image search: [Google]
mrz111916-color_orig.jpg
215KB, 1100x799px
>>55658
This doesn't even begin to scratch the surface of everything that makes Clinton unelectable, but it's all moot anyway; there have been numerous candidates both past and present that were all unelectable but won anyway.

>>55673
>>56289
What >>55927 said. There's good reason our presidential election isn't designed around the popular vote. If it was, Los Angeles, New York City, Houston, Dallas-Fort Worth, Austin, Miami, and Chicago would decide all of our elections and render the rest of the country voiceless. The electoral college serves its purpose well.
>>
>>56299
>If it was, Los Angeles, New York City, Houston, Dallas-Fort Worth, Austin, Miami, and Chicago would decide all of our elections and render the rest of the country voiceless. The electoral college serves its purpose well.
But I live in one of those cities and that makes me automatically smarter than the rest of the country ergo I'm more important. I've been diagnosed with Narcissistic Personality disorder and Hillary was the candidate for me. ;)
>>
>>56285
>She won popular vote
California and NYC aren't the entire country
>>
>>56299
"People's votes should matter less simply because of the geographic area they're in"

It's not like the Dakotas are relevant anyways, their voice doesn't get "heard" regardless. Only a handful of swing states do. And being a swing state has nothing to do with how big or small a state you are, just how your demographics happen to play out. Florida is a huge state and is a swing state and often plays a pivotal role in deciding the election.

California also has its fair share of Republicans who don't bother voting because of the electoral college. If they knew their vote mattered, they'd turn out too.
>>
How do I post with the pass next to my name?
>>
>>56313
You make it sound like people don't have the freedom to move where ever they damn well please. Demographics change based on individual choices. If you want to make a bigger political difference in how your vote matters why don't you move to a swing state? Would that be too inconvenient? Think of it this way: you get to lord over your social status of having grown up in a big city over the dumb rural idiots in person instead of behind a keyboard.
>>
>>56314
Put since4pass in the options textbox.
>>
>>56314
Put since4pass into the options field.
>>
>>56316
Thanks, anon. Also Trump won because the democrats picked the absolute worst candidate they possibly could
>>
>>56315
Yes anon, only small states have rural areas. No way an area like California has rural areas that are responsible for feeding the whole nation.
>>
>>56319
Oh so you're a dumb rural idiot living in the great state of California? Anything less would be strawmanning what I said. I guess you get to have it both ways and go to other states and tell them you're from California like you're some golden demi-god son of Apollo while at the same time get to play salt of the earth because you grew up in wine country. I guess I can strawman too.
>>
>>56320
"I hate the idea of 1 person 1 vote! Elections should be decided by arbitrary swing states! Not population, not rural vs urban, not small state vs big state. Give me random swing states!"
>>
>>56321
California has too many electors
>>
>>56321
As long as it's a two party system there's going to be swing states and bedrock states.Hillary thought she could get away with not campaigning in swing states because she thought they were bedrock states. That's call being foolish and running a poor campaign. Your argument hinges on "Woe is me. It's just not fair. My psychologically homogeneous state where you're not allowed to have your own opinion is more popular so we're being treated SO UNFAIR by the way the country has always done elections. Tradition no matter how logical and good it is is not progress. TEAR IT DOWN." When you're really thinking, "My candidate is my choice and she lost. That makes me a loser. Better cry about it on the internet."
>>
File: 130064653738.gif (467KB, 240x136px) Image search: [Google]
130064653738.gif
467KB, 240x136px
>>56323
>The US elections are undemocratic because votes aren't weighted evenly.
>SHUT UP YOU MAD BECAUSE YOU LOST MAGA MAGA

And I'm not even American.
>>
File: smug bomber 8.jpg (14KB, 340x209px) Image search: [Google]
smug bomber 8.jpg
14KB, 340x209px
>>56324
If you're trying to make any legitimate arguments, you're doing a pretty awful job of it.
>>
>>56324
>And I'm not even American.
This does not help your side.
>>56326
Even bomberman avatarfag thinks you're a lazy bogan and he's mostly impartial.
>>
>>56322
California has proportionally the least electoral votes of any state.
>>56323
I'm not saying Trump was elected unfairly, they both knew the rules. As is Republicans have no reason to turn out in California, similar to Democrats in Texas.

It's essentially a roundabout way of taking your vote away. The electoral college made sense once upon a time. For a big disparate nation, counting each vote would be difficult. Any one could ballotstuff and influence results. It was simpler to have delegates sent forth to vote instead of trying to count individual ballots of millions in an era without electricity or speedy transportation. With electoral votes, there's much less incentive to ballotstuff.

In the modern era that's not a concern as voter fraud is virtually nonexistent and heavily monitored for by both parties.
>>
Imagine how badly Republicans would be crying if Hillary won the electoral vote but lost the popular vote by 3 million. They'd be screaming. Rightfully so I might add. Just because your candidate won under the system doesn't mean it's a good system that should be kept around.
>>
>>56332
>Imagine how badly Republicans would be crying if Hillary won
She didn't.
>>
>>56333
Okay think back instead to when Obama won and how people were crying. Now imagine Obama lost by 3 million votes.
>>
>>56327
>This does not help your side.
I have no side, Nigger. Just saying that you americans have a system that is not democratic and nothing else. Don't drag me into your stupid bipartisan shut up nazi shut up cuck slapfights.
>>
>>56335
You willing went into the thread and willing replied to me. Are you the man that lives with no consequences?
>>
>>56336
I didnt reply to you
>>
File: 1480766922164.gif (3MB, 320x214px) Image search: [Google]
1480766922164.gif
3MB, 320x214px
>>56327
>bomberfag
>impartial.
>>
>>56340
Every interaction I've had with him has been good and fair. His only sin is avatarfagging.
>>
>>56332
Imagining what would have happened with this (Hillary wins electoral vote, but Trump wins popular vote) would have essentially resulted in democrats and liberals being smug assholes and heralding the Electoral college, literally everyone right now who cries about "But the popular vote!" would be smug pricks saying "Popular vote doesn't matter, electoral college matters, and thank god for that". It's pretty damn clear that most of the people bitching about "muh popular vote" just now are only complaining about it because Hillary lost the election and not because the electoral system is flawed.

Then again, lots of coins were flipped this election, Media and the entire democratic party were saying "Election can't be hacked", and said "We're going to accept the results like with every election"... and then Trump won, then suddenly "Russian hackers did this" and everyone crying for a recount, literally the same people who said the complete opposite.

This election was pretty legendary in the amount of salt coming from everywhere, and revealing double standards of just about everyone, and from what I see with the Democratic party and Mainstream media not learning anything from all of this, Trump is probably going to have another victory, and my god will it be an even saltier one
>>
Because most people aspire towards being an ignorant, loudmouthed moron just like him.
>>
What's with the obsession with this topic anyways.
>>
>>56358
GRU trolls taking every opportunity to make a few extra rubles.
>>
>>56358
Because no one has learned anything from the election.
>>
>>56367
I don't think people who need to learn something from it browse this site.
>>
>>56369
Half this site still spouts RT talking points, so there is indeed a fair amount of learning to be done.
>>
>>55666
Trips of truth
>>
>>55648
People got sick of whiny libtards and the pleb tire brand that came along with it.
>>
>>55648
because both sides were cheating like motherfuckers and he cheated better
>>
>>55648
He was the best around
>>
>>55648
War is Peace
Freedom is Slavery
Ignorance is Strength
>>
>>56324
Not supposed to be a democracy mate.

>>56313
>California also has its fair share of Republicans who don't bother voting because of the electoral college. If they knew their vote mattered, they'd turn out too.
As a Republican in New York, Republicans in blue states are pretty much hostage victims.
>>
>>55836
>>55837
5 star set of posts, and :>
>>
File: 1491078051714.png (8KB, 410x346px) Image search: [Google]
1491078051714.png
8KB, 410x346px
>>55898
>According to a former paid Russian Internet troll, the trolls are on duty 24 hours a day, in 12-hour shifts, and each has a daily quote of 135 posted comments of at least 200 characters.

Tfw I do all this for free
>>
>>55648
Because hillary was even worse and people refused to vote for a 3rd party.
>>
File: 1353089218948.jpg (46KB, 700x525px) Image search: [Google]
1353089218948.jpg
46KB, 700x525px
>>55648
The left has gone insane and must be stopped. And this isn't even hyperbole, they have literally gone mad.
>>
>>55648
he's a good dude
>>
>>56849
Except she won the popular vote.
>>
>>55648
He went to key states and promised to enact vague protectionist policies in the naive notion that somehow manufacturing would come back. He also told coal miners that their antiquated industry is only getting held back by environmental restrictions and not by the fact that China and India have slowed down their demand for coal and no longer buy the volume that they did before. There's more to it but phone posting is slow.
>>
>>56892
Yeah, and? He won the presidency.
>>
File: cnn trump derangement syndrome.jpg (136KB, 1125x631px) Image search: [Google]
cnn trump derangement syndrome.jpg
136KB, 1125x631px
If you condescend to someone, they will only grow contrary towards you. You'll never win someone over with "mother knows best."
>>
>>56897
You said "people". It's the electoral college that voted for him, not the people.
>>
>>56900
Well I suppose it's impossible to know the true will of the American people without ensuring that every voter is legally eligible
>>
>>56901
I think 3M is a safe margin
>>
>>56902
Great
>>
File: fug.jpg (65KB, 550x445px) Image search: [Google]
fug.jpg
65KB, 550x445px
You know, in an alternate universe the 2016 election was Sanders vs Rubio.

what a nice universe that must be. too bad we had two revolting human beings instead
>>
>>57158
Ah you never know, the blowback might just make this the best possible timeline. Assuming it doesn't come with nuclear fallout.
>>
>>57160
it is the best possible timeline. why? because i live in it. the same is true for you.
>>
File: pot head.jpg (25KB, 271x277px) Image search: [Google]
pot head.jpg
25KB, 271x277px
>>57166
>>
>>56246
This 100%
The regressive left are too blind in their smug fart sniffing activities to realise how narcissistic they are.
>>
File: 3flsswmiha9y.jpg (580KB, 1879x1320px) Image search: [Google]
3flsswmiha9y.jpg
580KB, 1879x1320px
http://www.bluedotdaily.com/commander-who-caught-bin-laden-trump-is-greatest-threat-in-my-lifetime/

Really galvanizes the old geode.
>>
File: jill stein2.jpg (79KB, 560x362px) Image search: [Google]
jill stein2.jpg
79KB, 560x362px
Because Americans didn't want to vote for best girl for some reason
>>
>>55650
/thread.
>>
>>55662
I'm sorry I forgot the part where he didn't win the popular vote.
>>
>>57285
>The regressive left are too blind in their smug fart sniffing activities

I always find this claim humorous coming from Trump kiddies because the lack of self-reflection you need to think electing Trump was a fair trade to avoid Hillary is truly enormous. No Hillary wasn't a good candidate, and a lot of the left (including the majority of Democrats - she stole the primary) didn't want her. There was no comparable resistance to Trump on the right, despite him being at least as awful and shitty a person, as well as an even worse candidate because he's a baby boomer who grew up the equivalent of a trust fund kid, doesn't have any experience in governance, can't even get the basics right and was not only clearly promising tons of shit he could not and would not ever deliver on but also didn't seem to give a flying fuck about staying consistent or being truthful.

No, he roared into the candidacy because while people on the left held their nose while voting for Clinton, or just didn't have the heart to come out, ugly Trump reflects perfectly the ugly heart of the American conservative, and so was carried in with eager hands.

>>58464

Too busy being scared of the spoiler effect and being """"practical"""" by voting for people that don't share our values but will pretend to on the campaign trail and are at least less bad than the opposition.

The modern GOP is a stain on history, but it's the Democratic party that really twists the knife on election day; gotta vote for the corporate hacks or you're just going to get stuck with worse.
>>
trump bump
>>
>>55662
Probably because America is living a paradox where the most idiotic and uneducated voters also happen to be the most important.
>>
>>59781
Democracy's kind of a bitch like that.
>>
>>59781
Good luck with that us versus them mentality. I'm sure that's helping the situation.
>>
>>59783
Sorry I hurt your feelings.
>>
>>59784
I don't know how I will get over this. You broke my heart, Anon. You broke my heart.
>>
>>59785
come here bby
>>
>>59786
>>59785
GAY
>>
>>59787
It's not gay if he's a girl.
>>
>>59788
It is if you're a girl too.
>>
>>59789
But then we would be lesbians. Okay I'll admit that's kind of hot.
>>
>>59787
you can come with me too, bby
>>
>>55648
Cognitive dissonance on the end of the Democrats who thought Trump was un-electable due to their own people cherry picking data for polling and highly biased news reporting. This caused them to target the wrong areas and demographics or completely ignore them in their campaign, a low voter turnout for the democrats because they thought their candidate was going to win automatically, and high voter turnout for republicans and Trump democrats who realized that their vote would be even more important than ever.

Also Hillary was virtually un-electable due to her checkered past and history in various public offices and various statements she's made over the years coming back to haunt her. I could go into detail there, but either you're already aware or you likley wouldn't appreciate the nuance of the situation.

>>55836
>>55837
These are often sterling posts
>>
>>60744

You made this post specifically so this thread wouldn't get pruned.
>>
>>60746
I decided to look at the thread because it was on the bottom of the catalog and I decided that I had something to contribute, so I contributed.

So you're partially right. Sometimes I specifically look at all the threads that are on page nine or ten and if I find a thread that I think it interesting that I think that I can contribute to then I'll bump it.

There is absolutley nothing wrong with this and I sincerely beleive practices such as this contribute to the overall health of boards.
>>
>>60751
>There is absolutley nothing wrong with this and I sincerely beleive practices such as this contribute to the overall health of boards.
Agreed.
>>
>>55648
Because he's cute.
>>
>>55648
What a stupid question. Where the hell have you been?
>>
>>55648
Because everybody voted for him. How stupid are you?
>>
>>62217
The electoral college did. He lost the popular vote.
>>
File: HILLARY WUN.png (143KB, 400x795px)
HILLARY WUN.png
143KB, 400x795px
>>56844
>Republicans in blue states are pretty much hostage victims.

R in San Diego here. Pretty much this.

>>62226
The electoral college also picked Obama, Bush Jr. and Clinton both times before the popular vote was finished being counted. If the popular vote really mattered, then Hillary would have been the DNC nominee back in 2008.
>>
>>57285
>The regressive left are too blind in their smug fart sniffing activities to realise how narcissistic they are.
t. shitkicker
>>
>>63027
The point being "everyone" didn't vote for him.
>>
>>62226
what does it mean for politics now that the electoral college has been the deciding factor in three consecutive presidents' elections?
>>
>>63091
Some states remain arbitrarily more important than others. Ohio, for example, chooses the president every cycle, yet it remains an irrelevant patch of dirt for the other three years. On that regard, most of the US's most influential states in the EC (and the Senate, in that matter) are also the worst educated, poorest, biggest drags on the economy and for some reason they get to decide what the US should do.
>>
>>63027
oh shit this would be a good argument against liberal "muh popular votes"
>>
>>63105
Only according to disingenuous retards.
>>
>>63093
so basically you dont like that trump won and you're trying to blame the "worst educated" portion of the population. putting aside the fact that your response didn't even address the question posed, you simply implied that the states with the worst standards of living should not be allowed to vote in their best interest.
>>
>>63124
Yeah basically. Especially when they often really don't vote for their interests or go against the more populous and wealthier states.
>>
>>63128
The North winning the Civil War was a mistake.
>>
https://youtu.be/5am6Yk2VOIU

Remember during the campaign when Donald Trump said the world was laughing at us, but when he became president the laughing would stop?
Thread posts: 143
Thread images: 28

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.