[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would you fight and die for your country? not your government,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

Would you fight and die for your country?
not your government, but you country.
>>
File: 1475823325837.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
1475823325837.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>51511
No, I love my country but I'm a coward.
>>
Offense: No.
Defense: Yes.
>>
>>51511

Sure. Let's start with the IRS.
>>
>>51511
I'm literally in the Army.
>>
>>51511

If I was to join the military I'd do it just for the experience

really war is pointless but so is life

why not use some expensive military gear in some far away place?
>>
I love my country, and I'm curious about killing people, and I wouldn't mind dying. But as an honest motivation? Probably not.
>>
A couple days ago, no. Now, yes.
>>
>>51517
This
>>51568
Because it sucks. Ask a vet
>>
What is a country if not the government? The territory? The people? Don't give a fuck either way, so nope.
>>
>>51511
No.

I tried to join the military and was given a "permanent exemption" due to disability. Even though I'm "exempt" apparently I can still be legally drafted and would likely be high on the list if there was a draft due to my otherwise perfect physical and mental health record and generally outstanding qualifications.

So fuck it. I asked if I could defend my country and I was told that I wasn't fit for duty. I'll defend what's mine and those close to me, nothing more and nothing less. If they try to draft me I'll dodge.

If some other government takes over maybe they'll treat me like a man instead of treating me like a defective equipment. If that happens I might reconsider.
>>
>>51578
I was thinking about this too. The conclusion I came to was everything you can survey in your daily commute. Anything bigger than this is not YOUR country but the invisible barriers imposed by your government.
>>
>>51568
>why not use some expensive military gear in some far away place?
Because this only happens when you're not getting shot at, marching with heavy gear, waiting, listening to incompetent officers shout at you for no reason, eating shitty food(Okay, depends on where you serve), waiting or digging holes.
Oh, and IEDs suck fucking dick.
>>
File: 1354556673809.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
1354556673809.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>51511
defending my country? yes
>>
>>51594
Not him if I ever joined the military it would definitely be the air force

Heck I would probably end up working as a programmer for stuff like drone flight stabilization algorithms.
>>
>>51701
Is that sort of stuff developed in-house? Wouldn't they just work with government contractors that have security clearance? To me it seems easier for the government to hire some firm in that respect rather than try to train their own personnel to program that sort of thing from scratch.
>>
>>51511
I'd do it for my people, so I guess so.
>>
>>51511
Nice dubs
>>
>>51699
Nice dubs
>>
>>51542
Same M8
>>
>>51511
Depends on the situation and what exactly we're fighting for. If it's overseas for oil so a bunch of wealthy white old men can enrich themselves further, then fuck that. But if we were invaded and were defending our own soil, then most definitely.
>>
File: 084.png (1B, 486x500px)
084.png
1B, 486x500px
>>52660
call me a prude but i find it odd you specifically mention the "white old men" part.
It's almost like you live in a country as an immigrant and would like to propagate your own race while destroying the native population.

Just a thought.
>>
>>52680
Or more likely he thinks that (((those at the top))) are white.
>>
>>52680
Nah I'm native and white. Everyone knows there are no minorities in the 1%.
>>
>>51511
I'll tolerate any system which gives me easy internet access.
>>
>>51511
O-of course I would, Mr. Shekelstein.
N-no thoughtcrimes here.
>>
>>52893
Oprah.
>>
t̶e̶s̶t̶
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.