[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Press F to pay respects to (You)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

File: 1436417311310.jpg (327KB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1436417311310.jpg
327KB, 2560x1600px
Press F to pay respects to (You)
>>
>>48944
anyone else press f without actually commenting? I have typed it here but for every Press F thread I hit F then move on
>>
>>48944
(You)'ve gotta be kidding me.
>>
It was more amazing that most people don't have 4chanX in order to make this decision to do away with (You)'s so controversial. I had (You)'s before 4chan got them and I have them now. What's the big deal?
>>
>using 4chanX
Just add in a css rule with the native extension.
>>
>>49004
But 4chanX does so much more than add (You)'s and I'm not going to learn how to code just to replicate an extension that is already fully functional and ready for me to use. That would be like reinventing the chariot by inventing wheels and taking mole rats and breeding them until they become horses.
>>
>>49034
It's more like copying and pasting what people have already coded so you can just put in
a.quotelink.ql-tracked:after {
content: " (You)";
}

.ql-tracked {
text-decoration: underline;
border-bottom: none;
}

and be done with that issue.

What more does it add? I've tried asking other posters, but they didn't give any reasons and instead just said try it out an you'll know, as if it were a cult.
>>
>>49049
I'll start the list of benefits I get out of it with revealing spoilers automatically so I don't have to mouse over a surprise text box or click on a picture. Rarely am I ever actually spoiled by this. Most of my spoiled content by users are by people that want to spoil you so they specifically don't use spoiler text. It saves me time and effort on an hourly basis. Expanding pictures rather than opening a new tab is useful. If I want to save a picture it's a left click and then a couple of right clicks instead of click, mouse over to the miniscule tab I have because of how many tabs I keep open, hoping I don't accidentally close the tab by clicking on it in the wrong place, then a couple of right clicks to save. Image hovering when I mouse over the image to see if I want to save it and read small text I can't read with my bad eyes without expanding. My personal favorite in notifications when someone has replied to my post which feels like a hyper (You) and allows me to keep track a lot better when I'm constantly switching tabs. There are others that I'm sure vanilla 4chan has been building up over the years but it's always in development competition and always late in comparison to 4chanX. I know the level of autism some of these benefits have but they make sense to me and I left out a lot of very minor tweaks that I barely even notice I use. If I were to learn to code them or scour a code recipe for the things I want it would still be much more effort than just downloading the extension and configuring it once. The only drawback I've had with 4chanX is that when there's an update, and it is regular, I have to reload all my 4chan tabs to get the benefits of the new update which I suppose is better than restarting my browser.
>>
>>49004
>>49049
so does this work? some1 (you) me pls
>>
>>49052
UUUU
>>
>>49053
oh nice thanks anons
its funny on /qa/ they are saying 1 autist spammed /qa/ and that caused all of this
>>
>>49056
Makes sense. I think Hiro only spends time on /qa/ so it's easy to manipulate the higher ups into making changes by trolling the board.
>>
>>49049
Sweet. Thanks!

My list of custom CSS is ever growing as Hiro keeps fucking up 4chan more and more.

Has there been an official reasoning for the replacement with the thicker dots? The (OP) is still here so it's not only worse and less visible, it's also inconsistent now...
>>
>>48963
It didn't occur to me people were using the native extension besides phoneposters.
>>
>>49051
>revealing spoilers automatically
Check the "Don't spoiler images" option under "Images & Media." I guess custom css would have to be used for no text spoiler.
>Expanding pictures rather than opening a new tab
Native has inline image expansion and mouse hover expansion.
>If I want to save a picture it's a left click and then a couple of right clicks instead of click
Alt+click on the filename has been around forever. Also you can use ctrl+tab to navigate tabs. Alternative to both of those is right clicking the filename and selecting "save link as"
>My personal favorite in notifications when someone has replied to my post
Not sure that can be done in native, but you could always just have it autoupdate by default and keep those threads open along with the thread watcher for less important posts.
>>
>>49138
>Alt+click on the filename has been around forever.

True, but years ago they changed the default to off. Since you have to set browser.altClickSave to true manually I reckon not many people know about it these days. Still super handy of course.
>>
File: 4 yuu.png (165KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
4 yuu.png
165KB, 600x600px
>>48944
>>48946
>>48956
>>48963
>>49004
>>49034
>>49049
>>49051
>>49052
>>49053
>>49056
>>49057
>>49058
>>49059
>>49138
>>49203
?'? ?????? ???? ??? (???) ??????? ????? ??????? ??????
>>
>>49203
I've never set that and it still works for me.

>>49216
Use the native extension, which isn't 4chanx, and put in the custom css from >>49049
>>
>>48944
F
>>
>>49258
>responding to tripfags
>>
>>49369
>meme arrows
>>
>>49386 (You)
>>
>>49049 (you)
Thank you anon
>>
F
>>
File: 1475779440746.jpg (8KB, 267x280px) Image search: [Google]
1475779440746.jpg
8KB, 267x280px
I'm still getting (you)???? Somebody pls test
>>
>>49601
uuuu
>>
File: Untitled.png (186KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
186KB, 1920x1080px
>>49602
>>
>>49051
>If I want to save a picture it's a left click and then a couple of right clicks instead of click, mouse over to the miniscule tab I have because of how many tabs I keep open, hoping I don't accidentally close the tab by clicking on it in the wrong place, then a couple of right clicks to save.

You may or may not know this but most browsers have a right-click option of "save link as" or "save location as" etc. This function saves the image directly to your computer at full resolution without having to open a new tab.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.