[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let's discuss /f/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: partyhard.gif (166KB, 423x316px) Image search: [Google]
partyhard.gif
166KB, 423x316px
I'm not sure how anyone else feels but when I first found 4chan i would spend a great deal of time on /f/. Many lolz and additional entertainment were had there for me over the years.

I was curious how everyone else feels about the board. Do you visit often? Do you like the design of the board/content?

Content on /pol/ is archived all of the time and yet the /f/ archive has remained the same for ages now...

http://www.4chan.org/flash

Anyway let's talk about the board and what we would like to see done with it (if anything) and just your general thoughts.
>>
KAO DEKAI
>>
File: 1451372880229.gif (903KB, 300x200px) Image search: [Google]
1451372880229.gif
903KB, 300x200px
>>48084
!!!

YES! I do recall seeing this as well as in the archives page. How often do you peruse /f/ my fellow anon?

Also, some fun stuff I remember seeing a lot throughout the years that has brought me some enjoyment:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=844plbHuW84

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTLWgtQJfqs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMhfbLRoGEw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ki7KfZUZsEU
>>
>>48086
sorry if you clicked the first link. you have lost
>>
>>48080
It's my homeboard. An although I don't always visit it as often as other places, I still see it every day. A lot of the time I've looked through swfchan, at some of the collections of older flashes that aren't posted as often when I've grown tired of seeing video rip after youtube rip after blatant /pol/ bait ect.

>Content on /pol/ is archived all of the time and yet the /f/ archive has remained the same for ages now...
Well those are just weeklong thread archives, while the /f/ archive is immortal. There's even a mention of it on the faq https://www.4chan.org/faq#farchive You could try talking emailing Hiro to see if he can add some flash that you think fits there. Although I personally haven't seen a recently made one that does.

When Hiro had suggested starting threads about changes to the boards, I made a few and had some cool suggestions, but he never really did anything with anybody's suggestions.

From what I remember some ideas that were agreed upon were:
Making the front page sort based upon the column headers, and you could invert them by clicking again, like how windows explorer does it. This would give people some leeway into browsing the board.

There's an error that allegedly happens when you have to use the captcha and have slow internet. The captcha times out and you won't be able to post larger files because your captcha isn't accepted.

The last one was an update for the rules page. People in that thread had agreed upon some general updates to the rules because it's a /f/orgotten board. I've only seen one sticky, back in 2013, and besides that there's no reason in my mind to believe that mods monitor it. Any deletion is probably done via the reporting system. So the people wanted the rules changed in case a mod came and started enforcing rules that the community has since grown past.
>>
>>48225
Thanks for the insight man. Also, I wasn't even aware of the duration of the archive on /pol/...

I may attempt to contact administration, although I doubt it would do much good. Couldn't hurt to try though right?

>From what I remember some ideas that were agreed upon were:
>Making the front page sort based upon the column headers, and you could invert them by clicking again, like how windows explorer does it. This would give people some leeway into browsing the board.
That's an interesting idea. Not sure what the response would be. Personally, I am fine with the currently layout but, would be open to change.

Also, what suggestions did you make? I would like to hear them. And thank you for posting in the thread. /f/ isn't talked about all that much and probably is one of the slower boards on 4chan. I appreciate the dialogue.
>>
>>48385
I know that [email protected] is still around since you can send mail to it. I'm not actually sure if anyone reads that and I don't believe that Hiro has put up a new admin email. Your best bet would be the feedback page.

It's hard to see how slow /f/ actually is, since it can only have 30 threads up at once. IIRC from some year or so old stats on neet.tv, the average time between posts was 2 minutes. I know that if I post a thread while I'm up really late, maybe midnight or a little earlier, it will probably stay up for 9 - 13 hours.

I made the suggestion you quoted and a few other people like it. The idea wasn't that the layout would visually change at all, but you could finally sort like the catalog view on other boards.

Rereading the threads now, but I think I agreed with other anons that the cooldown for posting flashes has to be longer than 24 hours. Also adding 5 more slots for threads seems like a good idea.

>/f/ isn't talked about all that much
Probably because you can only post .swf, which isn't a format that can be posted anywhere else on 4chan or even most other sites.

I think currently the slowest board is /t/, with quite a few threads over a year old and generally having 100 and 200 day old threads. For example, some of the more popular threads get to over 1000 replies before being deleted.

Also, what flash did you have in mind for adding to the archive? I haven't seen anything worth adding really. Maybe 8steps.swf, but that's mostly a converted video.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.